BMW 3 Series

Hi Veeky Forums,

What's everyone's opinion on a CPO 3-series, 2014-2016? I'm buying my first car since moving from a major city (NY) and have around $35k to spend. I'm well aware I can purchase a new Honda/whatever for this price; but I'm also seeing cheap CPO 3-Series BMW's with xdrive, less than 40k miles where I'm going to be. The model years range from 2014-2016.

I can't see any reason to purchase a new car when I can have a gently used BMW. Or am I wrong?

My parents bought one, albeit a 2014 318d in Ireland so entirely different to your context.

I would just advise you to be aware of upkeep and maintenance costs, because the car isn't worth shit without extra money to keep it alive.

No you're not wrong but get a 4 series instead.
435 preferably, it's right in your price range.

There is no upkeep/maintenance with a certified pre owned BMW. I got 4 years of complimentary maintenance with mine. All servicing, fluids, etc was free. Even a $4,000 brake job was included.

435 or 335 are glorious, that engine is a fucking masterpiece

Thanks for the replies guys - appreciate it.

By any chance, do you know how much dealers are willing to negotiate on CPO? Opinion seems pretty split on whether dealers make a lot of money off CPO cars or not.

>issues with failing waterpumps

Sure is a masterpiece

>Scared of a water pump
kek. Stick to shitboxes hon

>318d

Sorry user but your parents are badgewhores

>hello I have this issue with my water pump
>no problem sir, here at BMW™ we'll quickly replace the faulty piece in no time
>that's nice, can't wait for it to be over

[2 HOURS LATER]

>sir you car is ready, that'll be $400
>$200 for the 2 hours
>$120 for the piece
>$80 taxes
>wow that's cool thank you BMW™ assistance you saved me
>you're welcome sir, see you next month

>buying a 3 series after the e90
Kill yourself

Ok, any other thoughts? I'll take a look at a 4-series, but it seems a little flashy.

You can get a 2014 5 series CPO as well

You can get a 6 series for that price, not CPO but CPO eligible

>CPO
>paying for repairs
Why do assblasted poorfags always feel the need to demonstrate their complete illiteracy? Enjoy your ancient shitbox in peace and don't bother people who like better things in life.

Stop faggot. Buy a V6 accord for 20k. Who are you trying to impress? No one else gives a fuck what you drive.

>What's everyone's opinion on a CPO 3-series, 2014-2016?
Cadillac ATS is better

The F30 is fine. Steering is dead. Get the N55 or B58 engine if you want one, everything else is going to be shitty.

If you're living in NYC don't even bother with a car though it's legitimately a shithole and your car will be wrecked by the streets and other drivers.

Yeah, one thing I don't really understand is why the price differential is so thin between the 3-series and 5-series. A used CPO 3-Series is around 29k and a 5-series is only 34k, which seems well worth the 5k for me. Mileage bump is around 10k, which isn't negligible but they're still all in the 30-40k range.

Thanks - actually moving to Virginia from New York.

Pigfat and numb as fuck compared to the E90. Any handling that the F30 didn't ruin will be killed by AWD

This has to be fucking bait.
>I can't see any reason to buy these other more practical and reliable cars instead of muh gently used German sedan

Go for it dumbass. When the mechanic tells you it needs a part that you didn't know existed on a car, just remember you fell for the German "Engineering" Meme.

the F30 3 series is notorious as a downright shit car in terms of reliability.
A yeah, bonus for the xDrive versions : The 1st gear tends to crap out and there are currently NO replacement parts so you have to buy the whole gearbox.

>ancient shitbox

No you nigger, if I had an ancient shitbox I'd go to a generic mechanic to get my car fixed, the reason because I go to the dealer is because I have X years of warranty and in order to keep it intact I have to do every single service at the dealer or inside the official network.

BIG NEWS: even used cars, if sold through a Bmw dealer, have in Europe at least 1 year of warranty so...you're bonded.

I did this when I graduated cause 20k student loans with a 6 figure job that was paid off almost immediately since they gave me a year grave period. Got a CPO e90 version and honestly I regretted it because it lost its appeal over time and the depreciation once I traded it in. I swapped in from an 04 accord and paid 22k. At 35k though you can find much better vehicles.

Thanks, this is pretty relevant. I might consider a short lease instead to let it wear off.