youtube.com/watch?v=t-NmJQbMEIg
everybodysucksbutus.com/how-ugly-is-the-2016-toyota-prius/
priuschat.com/threads/snow-what-an-impact-on-mpg.150866/
priuschat.com/threads/mpg-impact-of-heater.158672/
priuschat.com/threads/suddenly-poor-gas-mileage.89849/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

youtube.com/watch?v=t-NmJQbMEIg

who the hell design toyotas nowadays?

anyway, should have went with a fit hybrid.

2013 Volt. I love it. It has a lifetime average of 123 mpg.

So, how is hybrid life like in reality? Do you people get judged a lot by insecure people and bullied on the road by people with fast cars or big trucks? Just curious..

>drive a fit hybrid
>no one knows it's a hybrid
>get dem mpgees
>great torque going up the hill

I've had Toyotas in the past and they lasted 20+ years, I don't really like to experiment with brands.
Plus the fact that it's hybrid wasn't planned, I let myself be persuaded by the seller in the shop to get the 1.5 99hp hybrid instead of the 1.0 60hp

You could have bought a standard diesel instead you giga feggit

>falling for the planet-killing jew

Its a good idea and all. But i still have a majority of those asshole pass me by in a less "efficient" car.

>"Doesn't have a 12v socket in the boot so you can hoover it out..."

What? Is he talking shit?
What car has a 12v socket in the boot? Am I so out of touch that we need more sockets in the boot? My car's handbook still refers to it as a cigarette lighter socket...

A couple of people have asked some questions about it, but that's it.

True, but I prefer the Volt.

IMHO they have them just so you could use the puny little compressor to inflate your wheel since you don't have a spare and the cable is not long enough. I never used mine tho (I used the 12V boot socket once like 12 years ago in a rental to chill some beers but that's it).

Hello.

I thought you were born with it

How much did your Pruis run ya?

2012 Prius Plugin here. The wall-charged EV range isn't very impressive, but perfect for my daily errands where I live now. Currently at 0.7 l/100 km = 336 MPG (US) = 404 MPG (UK).

Speaking as a Prius-owner with a penchant for Lexuses (Lexi?);
Though the drivetrain is identical to the Prius, the CT200h is a million times better to drive, especially through corners.

I towed my car behind an RV once. That car got 999999999999MPG the whole trip.

>CT200h is a million times better to drive, especially through corners.
Weird, every professional car review said it was just as shit to drive as a prius because body panels and chrome plated plastic emblems don't affect the way a car drives.

The suspension isn't Prius derived, idiot. If acceleration is the only thing taken into account, then it's identical to the Prius.. Try a Prius and try a CT200h. They're miles apart, handling wise.

>it's not the same platform everythings different
God toyfags are such delisional shitposters

"New MC platform"
Applications
Toyota Corolla — E150 (2006–2013), E170 (2013–present)
Toyota Harrier — XU60 (2013–present)
Toyota Mark X Zio — AA10 (2007–2013)[2]
Toyota Previa — XR50 (2006–present)[2]
**********Toyota Prius — XW30 (2009–present)[2]
**********Toyota Prius v — XW40 (2011–present)[2]
Toyota RAV4 — XA30 (2005–2013),[2] XA40 (2013–present)
Toyota Verso — AR20 (2009–present)
Toyota Sai — K10 (2009–present)[2]
Scion tC — AT20 (2010–present)
Scion xB — E150 (2007–present)[2]
**********Lexus CT — A10 (2011–present)[2]
Lexus HS — (2009–present)[2]
Lexus NX — AZ10 (2014–present)

HOLY FUCK TOYOTA USES COROLLA PLATFORMS FOR EVERYTHING INCLUSING VANS AND SUVS LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL TRULY THE STANDARD OF LUXURY AHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA HOW MUCH DID YOU PAY ????????????????? HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA

Are you asking me how many kilometers I did with this car?

8000 km in 1 year with an average consumption of 20-21 km/l

The CT is lighter than the Prius and I have the restyled model (2014 --> now ; mine is a MY2016) which has some advantages:

>stiffer front dampers
>multilink rear suspension
>better steering settings

The previous CT, pre restyling, were bad because they had fucking harsh suspension and the powertrain map was different than what you get today (it has been remapped and the e-CVT is way faster than before).

I can confirm that is very sharp and precise in the corners, it's neutral without body roll but still the suspension is way more comfortable than the previous model (in the F-Sport trim they're stiffer).

---

It's a nice car, I like it.

It's a company car, otherwise - as a new car - you'd better look elsewhere for the same amount of money.

Platform =/= suspension setup.
Jesus christ. Virtually all car makes have a small number of different platforms that they have large variations of to fit their entire range.

>>stiffer front dampers
>>multilink rear suspension
>>better steering settings
OH SHIT THAT'S A WHOLE BRAND NEW CAR
HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

COME ON TELL US HOW MUCH YOU PAID

the only hybrid I would ever consider buying is the 918

I tested the 0-100 times with my CT and I managed to get under 10 seconds (9,8s), but If I'm not wrong they claim 10,3 seconds for the 0-100 km/h.

Not bad considered the weight.

It's not a fast car but for daily use it has the perfect amount of power and with the electric engine is 100% reactive, you don't have the turbo lag typical of diesels/turbo petrols, and the best thing is that is very silent.

The ideal CT should have at least 160-170 hp.

Not him, but the original claim was that it was just to shit to drive as a Prius, and obviously any change to suspension and steering could change that dramatically. You don't need a completely new platform for that.

What dude? Changing the power steering assist setting changes everything, do you even into performance tuning?

I proved that the drivetrain is not identical as you mongoloid busrider said.

>how much did you pay?

Company car, can you read?

>still won't admit how much he got ripped for his corolla
AHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHA

U G L Y
G
L
Y

Had it for 2 months now, like it so far.

>“Sometimes I catch a glimpse of the car,” Greuel said, “and think it's kind of ugly.”
Kek

It's beautiful. I'm guessing you charge overnight at home?

These are pretty cheap in my area, might be worth it not to be at the station everyday

Are you gonna trade up to the uglier one?
everybodysucksbutus.com/how-ugly-is-the-2016-toyota-prius/

Nah I don't like the styling at all, if I could flip this for a good coin i'd probably look at a lexus ct.

I don't get the apparently super dank meme tbqh, but the toddlers' pics make me uncomfortable

The Prius Prime doesn't look equally fuck-ugly, and will drive a considerable distance on EV only.

It's a common birth defect. Can be fixxed easily, it's called a cleft palete. Always made me uncomfortable too.

I work with some southerners who chide me about it but it's all in good fun. I haven't caught any shit from random people though.

tfw want an electric vehicle or hybrid but they all ugly

Except Tesla, they make nice looking cars.

Depends on what kind of hybrid. A 1.5l hybrid will always be kinda slow (but dem mpg's tho). But get a Lexus hybrid with their 3.5l and you have something around 6s 0-60 and plenty of torque. Ok mpg but not fabulous either.

That maybe a stupid questin, but does saying "hybrid" imply "gas + electro"? Could it be another type of hybrid?

CR-Z looks rad if you ask me. Pretty bad at being a hybrid though. The Insight is sort of cool too.

Ct200h vs civic Hb top trim vs mazda 3 sportgt leather and tech pkg.

The test drive will weigh most heavily but what do you think Veeky Forums?

I'm Canadian specifically one a little south of Toronto. The Lexus is priciest but that mpg. I don't care that much about speed since I follow the speed limit and don't go to the track.

Electric vehicles don't perform as well as they should when they're in snowy conditions.

Therefore I'd narrow it down to the Civic HB top trim vs Mazda 3 Grand Touring.

I'd go with the Mazda 3 Grand Touring.

not snowy.
in the cold. the batteries are less efficient.
in summer they can go a little over the rated numbers.

>trying to use heat or AC in a prius
kiss your MPG goodbye

read this
priuschat.com/threads/snow-what-an-impact-on-mpg.150866/

anyone own a honda cr-z? was thinking about getting one today actually but then got in the driver's seat and hated how small the rear window is. anyone has comments on that?

>123 mpg

damn that sounds like a dream, is the volt fun to drive? does it have a 4/awd option? i live in colorado and it would be nice to have but i can live without it.

Do Japs consider Priuses cool?

Kill yourself. Should've gotten a Chevy volt or a diesel

I didn't want a big car and there's barely any reason to buy diesel anymore. At least in Yuro, that is, I don't know the prices in Fatland.

They'll probably outlaw it soon anyway, as it apparently pollutes like a bitch.

I feel like I should balance this thread out by posting this so you can truly appreciate the amazing MPG your pansy cars get. Heres nine miles per gallon if of big American V8! In all honesty you guys are doing me a service. More gas for me to waste.

It can be hydrogen+gas, diesel+electric etc, but gasoline and electricity is BY FAR the most common. Diesel-hybrids don't really work well due to diesel being shit-tier fuel and the engines not liking start and stop start and stop..

I don't know, the rear looks wonky

The godly setup is the tri-fuel hybrid car (gasoline + electricity) + LPG.

If you buy an used Prius 3 and install an LPG system then you'll have a car that basically is fueled by air, inexpensive to run in the long term.

>implying the heat comes from electricity...

I've got a plug-in Prius already, so basically filling my 45L tank some 4-5 times during a full year.

You guys are 12 years late.

>chevy volt
>big
must suck to be a eurocuck.

>they don't convert all their public spaces in parking lots and shopping centres
>h-ha-a sucks to be e-european, why do you even need people-friendly spaces in a city?

Why don't you ride your fat ass away to McDonald's pal?

>implying you can read

"Stop beating around the bush guys. Winter weather and heater kill your MPG as much as 30%. Your 44mpg city can get as low as 30mpg. In winter, with heater on, you will get worse mpg than summer with AC on. The Prius engine is very efficient. It produces less heat than any other cars. Plus the engine shuts off when you cost and/or come to a complete stop. Engine runs longer and uses more gas just to warm up and maintain the heat. You can block the grill and seal the hood/fender gap with foam tubes to trap the heat in the engine compartment. Even with all that, you'll only gain 2mpg back, 5mpg if you're really careful. It won't be nearly enough to compensate for the heat loss of cold winter and heater on. I get 50mpg with 50% upper/ 95% lower grill block and 100% fender/hood gap block without heater in 35-45f weather. 44-48mpg with heater. My area never get below freezing. In spring, I get 55-60mpg in 75-80f weather with cracked window. In summer, I get 48-52mpg in 90f-115f weather with AC on. These are calculated MPG not what the display says. "

priuschat.com/threads/mpg-impact-of-heater.158672/

>Choosing between comfort or getting better MPG than a regular car.
I can't even begin to imagine how BADLY THAT DECISION MUST SUCK to make in a car made after 1987. And on top of it, you paid a huge premium for it? LMAO

62% of the energy still becomes heat

>less than 3 years to the year 2020
>your new penalty box costs extra over a nicer car
>your new penalty box drives much worse than a regular car
>still having to put cardboard over your rad
>freezing or roasting your ass is the only way to maintain MPG of a regular car
It must be so horrible, user. How could anyone call that living? Let us send Prius owners our thoughts and prayers.

You don't even have to do any math to know this is bullshit.
A/C requires: blower, compressor
heater requires: blower
The compressor can take several HP to run. The blower is the same in both cases (and takes much less energy than the compressor). You are a dumbass.

>running the ICE constantly just to make heat
I don't think you
a) can read
b) know the duty cycle of a Hybrid ICE and how it's not supposed to run constantly for just AC and heat
c) can challenge the laments of actual Prius owners on several publicly accessible forums

try again idiot.

Protip: the car has electric generators and a battery ;)

Seems relevant.

Even Alphonse knows Priuses are a gimmick with sucky MPG in anything but perfect weather.
priuschat.com/threads/suddenly-poor-gas-mileage.89849/

Look at his reply (2nd post).