Thinking about buying 2013 used Honda Civic Si

So im thinking about buying a 2013 used Honda Civic Si sedan. roughly 30k miles, supposedly a leased vehicle. Asking price is $18k. It seems to have most extras, but not the navigation system.

Anyone here owned this car who has some concerns/tips for what to look for during the test drive? Si drivers, do you always drive american 91 octane?

Inb4 Boyracer f4g0t

pic related

Other urls found in this thread:

carmax.com/car/14196777
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

OP here:

I'm also looking at VW Golf GTIs and Jetta GLIs, as well.

If you have any other suggestions would need to be a sporty sedan/hatchback/station wagon
Price: $15-20k
Mileage: preferably under 50k miles
Location: im trying to stay in the central/north central Indiana area 46072, up to 150 miles

Seems kind of overpriced for a 2013, and I haven't done any research but I'm sure it will run fine on 87 oct, most Hondas do.

In my area it seems like that price is par for the course with that mileage, so I'm not terribly concerned about that. I can somewhat feel the ricer tax though.

Mazdaspeed 3. Go faster than the bullshit you're looking at, with plenty of aftermarket support for it. Also practical and even gen 2s are sleepery, people never seem ready to see you blow past them with ease.

boyracer f4g0t

91 octane?
or 91 AKI?

18k could get you a used a g37 coupe. what the fuck is wrong with you? if you want an econobox just get a civic for 3k.

18k is overpriced, id pay 12k at most

reliability a shit tho

just bought a GLI with 44k miles for 12k with a 6spd. is gud car with a tune is fairly fast

what type of car do you want?

18k will get you a real sports car or do you just want a sporty sedan that is reliable/practical?

I've not had a problem with mine, not anyone I know. The only thing I ever see on message boards is the stock turbo blowing up, because morons try to run more boost without having a better intercooler.

if I were you I would get the GLI/GTI

simply because of the tenability and how rugged these engines are.

put an APR tune on it, pull on mustangs, get bored, become a stancefag.

and the dsg is fuckin nice.

work him down to 3k

tuneability.. *

the Mazdasppeed3 is the weeaboo equivalent. less elegant, most people I know who drive one are the kind of people who buy 10 dollar anime stickers from osg, have waifu keychains and are overall cringy.

I don't have any of that shit and despise anime, quit projecting. The speed3 has better tuning potential than the GTI, better stock specs, more aftermarket options, ect. It's superior in every way, minus the wheels. The only competition was the ST and now the RS (tho that's more toward the sti). The speed actually takes some balls to drive, since the GTI and ST try their best to be calm fag cars and implement all types of electric steering shit to limit the pull potential, stopping wheel hop and torque steer but also neutering the car. Just get a RMM for 50 bucks for speed3 if you are that scared of torque steer.

Who says?
I know a lot of people with them locally and they have no issues modded or stock.

19 grand for 200 hp in a front wheel drive?

I can only recommend that you
>kill yourself

This. Best friend bought one off the lot new, now about 80k miles. super solid as fuck. Slow too. It's worth a few thousand less

I did at the light in my srt4, dude was mad as fuck
If you're out there man I didn't mean to russle you I just knew I would win

2013 Si Sedan owner here. I bought it brand new. Currently sitting at 110k miles. I just did spark plugs and coolant, so far these have been the biggest service the car has had, They weren't an absolute necessity, but I'm following the maintenance schedule by the book.

There is nothing really specific you need to look for, the car is very reliable.

I've always ran 91 or higher octane fuel. It has an 11-ish gallon tank, so you should not be concerned about 1-2 dollars more per fill up. Don't be a fucking cheap piece of shit, fill it up with premium.

Averaging 33 mpg with mostly highway driving.

I want a 4 door DD that can do normal daily stuff, coupe doesn't really fit the bill for that. Also, that wouldn't be in my price range with the desired age and mileage.

finally someone who understands. I don't want a "pure" performance car. It has to be a car that is enjoyable in everyday driving and practical. It helps to be able to transport more than a bag of golf clubs.

You first. Send pics.

The only other options in my area are either questionable BMWs that I am nervous about getting shafted with or Subaru BRZs that dont have the practicality. Reread the first post if you cant grasp the concept of a young used car. 18000k is the asking price. The stealership already mentioned going down over 1k on the price without me mentioning a single figure.

Thank you for a constructive response besides

>kys

gg user.

What part of g37 or acura tl don't you understand?

Do not do GLI, major clutch issues there.

91 AKI is supposedly recommended, but the stealership fuels it up with normal 87 it seems...

THERE ARE NONE IN MY AREA. IT IS LIKE YOU DONT UNDERSTAND ENGLISH MOTHERFUCKER!

Seriously, did you even read my post? The only Acuras in my budget within the distance I am willing to drive is the ILX and there are no Lexus vehicles in my price range with desired age/mileage. I am not going to drive 300+ miles to look at a car.

Subaru Impreza is also an option I am looking into (not the WRX)

Do you speak from first hand experience? If so, please elaborate and post a pic of a piece of bread on the hood please

what year and in what condition? What was their initial asking price?

Where the fuck are you? Timbuktu?

How the fuck does your area not have Acura TLs?? Then shits are everywhere son

second post in the thread...

Location: im trying to stay in the central/north central Indiana area 46072, up to 150 miles

If it looks promising, I can maybe stretch to 200+ miles

OP here again.

One more thing I forgot to mention is that it has to have a manual transmission

Cash or financing? How much down?

Vtec tax in full effect. Look at non vtec top trim model prices and youll see what I mean

i could buy it in cash immediately, but I was considering financing in order to build credit.

I'm telling you m8, speed 3 if you're struggling to find manual especially. It's one of the reasons I went with it, because they only come in manual and every thing else I was looking at as options were always auto. Speed 3 will come as loaded as the civic si, if not more (if you get a tech pack one, especially 2013), is much quicker/fun, and has better after market support than a si. The only difference negatively from the si would be mpg, I think I average like 20 on 93.

There's a nice 2004 acura tl with 75k miles in cincinatti. 7k. There's an 08 G37 in cincinatti at carmax. Or you could get this 335ix and get the carmax warranty if you're worried. carmax.com/car/14196777

just get the civic, or you could also go for a subaru impreza 2.5 (watch out for the ones that are prone to blown headgaskets, theres a specfic set of engines but i forget which ones) or a mazda 3 or mazdaspeed3 as someone above me said. mazda 6 is also a viable choice or if youre looks over performance, 08'-17' lancers, not evos are cool too. theyre also cheap, a little slow but they do look really nice

try to stay away from euro unless youre going to take care of it and have the finances for it. japanese cars are more "gas and go" and require minimal maintenance. theyre also reliable as hell

I drive a 2014 civic lx, just get the si and call it a day. Reliability is good, just make sure yours doesn't have any bad interior noises. Honda's are notorious for it.

This, eurofags are usually spending daddy's money or are the most malevolent wagecucks.

try and grab a MK7 gti, absolute hands down best car for the money. you can easily find one in the 18-20k range dsg or manual.

Super comfortable and plenty sporty. Plus the modding potential is nuts +80 whp +100 wtq with a downpipe and tune