Make a car that has a massive torque and power

>make a car that has a massive torque and power
>don't give it AWD
>BONUS: give AWD to it's much weaker V6 variant
Why are americans so retarded? Might as well make it FWD. It'll make about as much sense lmao

>make a car that has a massive torque and power
>don't give it AWD
>hurr durr americlapistani amerifats being ameritarded

Who was AMG Mercs?

With the difference that AMG have moved on from mid-90s platforms since, and are utilizing more elaborate control software. The Challenger is an over 20 years old E-Class with a huge engine shoved in.

No.

The car is mainly marketed toward people who live in severe climates but still want a sports car that remains practical. I guess they figured a v8 with awd would make things too expensive

That's a hellcat, and after the autobshow coming up, it will no longer be in production. The dodge demon will take its place, and it will have awd

It's easier to shoe horn awd under a v6 than a v8

AWD with the V6 makes more sense because it would be a daily driver for people where it snows for half the year

It would probably break.
Also the current challenger has to stay relevant for at least another 3 years.

It's marketed to niggers and middle age white dudes with a mid life crisis

People drive Corvettes in the snow. Git gud. Not many people would buy a Hellcat as a daily, it's more of a weekend toy.

Unless the AWD system has a burnout switch it just makes the car boring. Muscle cars are for turning tires into smoke and cruising down the highway. Fuck awd.

>other people do stupid impractical shit, so you should too
kill yourself my man

>doesn't know the AWD was available for V8's and is still available for police models

This

Well it's dodge. The only thing worse than Dodge is GM and Mazda.

What do you expect?

>and it will have awd
No it won't. It's a factory drag car, it will even come with skinnies to use at the drag strip

Found the miata driver

Possible bus driver

Why do you have to bring Mazda into this? They've done nothing wrong.

KILL YOURSELF YOU STUPID NIGGER

I was thinking about getting into the challenger platform. It seems like there would be tons of space to wrench and it seems like it would be really comfy with the right suspension setup. I don't need it to be super fast but it would be cool to get the tail out on it if possible, if not an AWD conversion would be cool. Any thoughts Veeky Forums?

this is literally the most incorrect reply I've seen in my whole entire life, gj

Just buy a used SRT and maintain it. They're already decently quick (though REALLY heavy) and using clutch/ throttle getting the tail out should be a piece of cake. Why would you AWD swap it, assuming you could even find all the components you need?

>The Challenger is an over 20 years old E-Class
Why do people keep saying this? unless that E-class platform was also designed in the states the LX isn't same. people confuse sharing differential and suspension parts with being the same platform.

homo detected

Well if you can't get good control on the oversteer and it's unpredictable, then AWD would just make it faster. A used SRT is like 30 something grand though, which is a little much.

they are self handicapping so they have an excuse for losing drag races to a Tesla

>b-but it's only RWD
>b-but it's cheaper!

>a factory drag car, it will even come with skinnies to use at the drag strip

cringed

so what you're basically saying is it's totally different apart from the diff, the 5 speed auto, both axles, the floor pan and the firewall?

because that means they left 90% of it untouched and I bet that 10% is just crumple zones or some other shit unrelated to handling.

Oversteer in an AWD car is far, far harder to control than an RWD car.

Also on one if these cars, an AWD swap would basically mean buying a complete crashed AWD version of the same car and (basically) cannibalizing your good car to put the wrecked one back on the road. It's not a matter of just swapping a front diff in and bolting a transfer case up to the back of the gearbox, everything is different.

Canuck here. The AWD and V8 would have been rad! If I could special order one I would.

decades of inbreeding.

>Oversteer in an AWD car is far, far harder to control than an RWD car.
No its not, controlling the oversteer works the same way except instead of your front wheels doing fucking nothing they actually do something, this means tighter turns and more hektik skidz

They only did it so they could bolster their 0-60 times which is the only thing its good at

My boss custom ordered an AWD with a Hemi. It looks like the V6 from the outside because I guess they couldn't give him the trim for some retarded bureaucratic reason. If you're paying for that in the first place I'd want the goddamn badge, but he seems to enjoy the fact it's a sleeper.

>buying an "american muscle car" ever thats just gonna go fast in a straight line then lunch the engine or something innocuous and stupid like the water pump or some shit.

You know, the reason it takes so much displacement for us to get a lot of horsepower is loose build tolerances. And the same loose build tolerances are the reason the engine WON'T detonate when something small and stupid fails, it just eats oil instead. It's like how an AK-47 can keep operating with sand and shit in it.
Meanwhile "precision engineered" euro engines have absolutely no margin for error, so when anything goes wrong, EVERYTHING goes wrong.

>engine
>detonating
the only thing that has been detonating are Shelby GT350 differentials and transmissions, Chevy C7 engines and dodge transmissions

Yes, no european car has EVER had a bad water pump

>Hurr durr, RWD handles bad!
Do you know what a Ferrari is?
How many RWD cars have you driven. I guess the problem with the boxster, mx5 and supra is how RWD gives all of those cars SHIT handling.

It's the fucking hellcat, if you mentioned suspension and curb weight, you'd have an argument! We amerfats made the magnetobluhdurregderp suspension system. It's pretty cool.

the guy I replied to said that something innocuous and stupid would "lunch the engine"

Before 10k miles anyway

No I think he meant a water pump going early on is a stupid and innocuous thing