So do Americans know Skoda? Does it sell there? Will it ever breakout?

So do Americans know Skoda? Does it sell there? Will it ever breakout?

>So do Americans know Skoda?
Nope
>Does it sell there?
Nope
>Will it ever breakout?
Unlikely

No. America does not get Skoda.
America doesn't get:
>Skoda
>Seat
>Lancia
>Peugeot
>Citroen
>Opel/Vauxhall
>Holden
>Dacia
>Lada

heard that the amerifats are quite fascinated with the Superb.
Superb vRS when ???

>Will it ever breakout?
Nah. Skoda is an entry-level brand, and companies, especially the german ones, seem generally unwilling to sell their lower-end cars in the US. I believe this is due to german cars being typically viewed as more luxurious than USDM cars, and as such it makes sense to only sell those

>Superb vRS when
Literally never here

Americans are badge whores. They wouldnt do well there

so tell my why Acura, Scion and Infiniti still exist

Scion doesn't. They were killed off after the 2016 model year.

>VW Jetta
>luxurious
Mmm k

Yeah skoda is like a clevo laptop
Good internals just less quality on the "chassis", and the badge is gone

Scion died and Acura sales are declining rapidly.

Scion is fucking ded m80. Acura and Infiniti are only kept on life support because Honda and Nissan see Lexus succeeding.

The good news for Acura is they're literally just Honda's with DCT and haldex slapped on + 10 extra hp tuned out, so they probably don't need too much to break even. That's also why their sales are shit, though.

So do you know how to use google to quickly check your facts?

>no

>being fascinated about a pimped Passat

Gee

Acura and Infiniti aren't even seen as lower end brands. Scion was and died. Not to mention that skodas are as expensive as VWs nowadays.

That DCT is god-tier though. Smoothest DCT out there.

It'll just be a trim option in 5 years

No Renaults either
Here in Canada we used to get Ladas up until the 90s or early 2000s though IIRC. Want to pick up a Niva eventually, they're like 1.5K in decent shape when they turn up

Italyfag here, the new Skoda Fabia is bretty cool and doing great in rallies. Too bad gasoline engines don't go over 90hp. Fuck even my shitbox 2011 renault clio has 100.

>Skoda is an entry-level

Even during the commie era it aspired for something more.

And it was making luxury cars almost a century before the Volkswagen.

It was making cars long before the Volkswagen.

VW's don't even sell here. Nobody is going to buy a shittier version. Shit I'm pretty sure even Kia and Hyundai are out-selling VW at this point.

Acura and Infiniti literally exist because people don't want to be seen driving a pleb Honda or Nissan.

>Skoda
More like Yoda cause that shit dead

I think Lada Niva a cute, i very occasionally see them pop up in .au but I'd probably get a Suzuki if I was after a small offroader