Don't fuck the police.

A D D E R A L
D
D
E
R
A
L

Don't feel ashamed to do a half hour break for every two and a half hours of driving. It may not seem necessary after the first two and a half hours, but skipping your first break will show when your second break comes up.

Even truck drivers are legally required to take breaks, and they do this shit for a living and are used to it. Don't assume you're fitter than a truck driver.

>Don't assume you're fitter than a truck driver.
>fitter than a truck driver
>truck driver

If you car has cruise control and comfy seats then you shouldn't even have to make this thread. I drove 600km in a fucking Starlet and I got through it with a sore right leg. The only thing you need to worry about is falling asleep when you're driving a boring automatic car, but you can even fall asleep driving a motorcycle if you're tired enough.

So, what will you be driving, OP?

Modafinil.

Take a shot of vodka every hour on the hour. Spacing it out like that means your body can metabolize it and you won't get drunk. Instead, it'll keep you awake and in a good mood all the way.

Have fun and drive safely.

Mentally. Just because truck drivers can drive for five hours at a time doesn't mean anyone can.

Driving a truck on a highway is a lot less strenuous than driving a car. You can see above all other traffic and your eyes can focus more on the distance. Movement is slower and you almost never have to actually do something like brake, accelerate or switch lanes.

I mean it's really not that bad. I drove cross country twice from southern California to Maine. The first time I did it in a second gen 4runner and averaged 12 to 14 hours days because time restraint. Managed the trip in 5 days. Just rest when you gas up or eat.

wondering if they will ever find that whores body.

Don't be afraid to take some breaks in between, be it pee breaks or just getting in a quick nap
Take it more towards to the slower side, leave early if you're on a schedule. 5+ the speed limit at most, and follow the limit if weather is some shit.
I'd say make sure everything on your car is in well condition and have a full tank of gas, but that's kinda nobraining, bit late if you're heading out tomorrow, but if there's a will there's I way I suppose.
Bring water and make some food, you save some money compared to buying junk shit at a nearby 7/11s
Also no drink and drive, wear your seatbelt, all that good stuff. Make sure close peoples know where you're going too, and... That's about it from me.
Cruise control is mad comfy too, and if you've got good seats you should be all good my dude

Dont take benadryl mr onion

I feel kind of bad for them or anyone who has to sit or stand still for so long
its much better to be moving even if only for the sake of avoiding boredom

l400 delica. auto. no cruise.

>check every system on your car in fine detail
cooling both radiator and over flow
oil level and condition
tires for depth and wear pattern also pressure per corner and by way of door jam depending on luggage load
suspension for any wobbling parts
brakes and hand brake for power and balance
wind shield wipers and washer fluid level
any slight niggle with shift lever or clutch movement

all of that sounds over the top for a modern car
with day to day driving this kind of thing never causes a problem
for a long road trip you must make more fine adjustments and checks to all the parts like this

>be sitting comfortable in your seat
remove all items from you trouser pockets as they can miss align your spine over long period of time
.ie your phone is never quite the shape or weight or your wallet and your wallet
and having anything in your pockets will add complexity to how your body rests in the seat

adjust the legs first and use lumber adjustment if available
sit your ass right back in the seat like you would on a wooden chair
side the seat back and forth until you can fully depress all pedals with ease without any part of you butt moving forward from the back of the seat

now adjust the back and arms
support your shoulders fully with the back of the seat
put one hand at 12 and the other on the seat angle adjustment
adjust angle until your steering wheel arms is strait and comfortable

put both hands as close to 12 as possible on the wheel then move them down to 10 and 2 or 9 and 3 depending on what you expect to use
then move back up again
your shoulders should not have to move away from the support of the chair no matter what position your hands are on the wheel

> Driving a truck is less strenuous than a car
Bruh...

I've done close to 600 miles in one sitting. Stopping for gas twice and that's it.
I would assume you're going to be doing about 100 more then that a day for 3 days.
It really was not hard, the hardest part is traffic, otherwise, set the cruise to 95mph and go.

Audiobooks kick ass for long drives! Way better than music.

Some of my favs:

Ready Player One

Snow Crash

The Martian

We are Legion, We are Bob

>eat calm and pure think calm and pure
junk food will make you feel like junk and act like junk
what's needed is to carry some good food and snacks with you
eat 1/2 or 1/4 of a meal at a time so you can wait to feel its effects and see if you are still hungry or thirsty

water stored in glass bottles
foods with a low glycemic index that sit well in your gut

fruits and vegetables that have been kept lightly chilled in an eski
apples and bananas
lettuce and alfalfa sprouts

snacks like barley sugar and trail mix
coffee but only in small amounts like one cup every three hours and only before mid day NEVER AFTER MID DAY

>keep the mind aware but calm
very high quality trance or house music helps with this
classical and traditional music like polka can also work

put some of your favourites or more pop style music on from time to time
just to break the boredom and shift the mood or for when you are setting out after having a rest break and need to pick up a bit of energy

>don't be in a rush
its not worth making good time if it puts you under such stress that you will be doing much worse later
the key is to keep going no matter how slow and even if you have to rest every so often

travelling in the afternoon or at night can be much more quick and calm
in the morning and around mid day there is more heat and sun and also more traffic on noise

>have a co driver who can drive while you rest
with a five seat sedan you can have a team of people who keep the car running

>up front
Pro driver who does most of the driving
navigator and secretary who handles the drivers calls and texts
>in back
DJ who is also also in charge of food distribution
assistant driver/mechanic who will rest most of the time and only come in to action when the pro is sleepy or needs help with repairs to the car

so a 40 ml shot glass of 30% vodka every hour ?

>ready player one

>wondering if they will ever find that whores body.
which one?

>>don't be in a rush
So drive 60 like a fag and get only 500 miles a day.
Or average 90 and do 750 a day.
Wew lad. You mustn't be American.

I have no problem with speeding
and being rushed has nothing to do with going fast and on average it will make you slower
in a hurry you act on incomplete information and get your self into situations that you have less time to respond to
the opposite approach is to drive within your ability to anticipate forth coming events

>Wew lad. You mustn't be American.
clearly American roads require little attention
self driving cars cant come soon enough for your boring roads

>very high quality trance

Got any suggestions? I don't know much about this genre.

Crash and die so you only drive 100kms

>Meanwhile in Germany

Even if you dont have to: try to shit and piss when you start and fill up at gas station. Just use every chance to get every bit out

More like

>meanwhile in Germany

You mean Hungary.

a bit hard to say given how much range my collection covers and that it takes time to find the good stuff
but allot of the better work is in the late 1990s and has its basis as far back as the 1960s
and the newer music tends to fall into tropes and sampling more like house or rave music

radio shows like ASOT Armin van Buuren sometimes have good stuff
mr suicide sheep you-tube channel has chill-step
even some pendulum albums and other Australian bands will do the trick
also some early Russian stuff is interesting
youtube.com/watch?v=LLyXgwTjGTU

I will warn that trance is boring as tracks are mostly 8 minutes long
this is because of beat mixing where the track has to have a long lead in for the dj to match the bpm between tracks and make a seamless switch much like how disco does
on the head phones they sample the beat of the currently playing track and have a cue sample for the next track to be played
they can change the pitch and payback speed of each sample independently
bpm studio can do this

I've not doubt that north Dakota and Oklahoma have far longer roads of such nature

Last month I drove from NH to Virginia to get car parts. 800 miles down, grabbed the parts, drive 800 miles back. No breaks other than gas. Don't be a fucking pussy. DO IT !!!

Are you... A truck driver?

Cool, thanks user.

>Select all images with a bus.