/tesog/ - The Elder Scrolls Online General

A fucking flea Edition

Elder Thread: >Official news
elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/news/post/2017/02/23/eso-live-february-24--2000-gmt
elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/news/post/2017/02/22/watch-the-return-to-morrowind-gameplay-trailer
elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/news/post/2017/02/21/homestead-is-now-live-on-xbox-one-and-playstationr4

>Latest ESO Live
twitch DOT tv/videos/124452356

>Latest patch notes:
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/patch-notes
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/321427/pc-mac-patch-notes-v2-7-6#latest

>Builds and Guides
docs.google.com/document/d/1WsLK2mOCvIePLUxW_X7CPa7uT072x3FJEzY7yyN1hXA/edit [New Player's Guiide]
pastebin.com/Y9vRAcwm (embed) (embed) - Alcast/Deltia Guides

>Online lore, map and general info
imperial-library.info/
esomap.uesp.net/
uesp.net/wiki/Online:Online
elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com

>UI addons for PC
esoui.com/addons.php
minion.mmoui.com/

>Assorted links
eso-rp.com
esoacademy.com/
eso-fashion.com/
eso-styles.faerylands.eu/
tamrieltradecentre.com/

>Sales and deals
dlgamer.us/download-the_elder_scrolls_online-pc_games-p-19435.html (authorized reseller)

>/tesog/ Guilds
[PC NA] mail (not whisper) @Foskl or @the_kyrox for invite
[PC EU] mail (not whisper) @Hatebr33d3r for invite
[PS4 NA and EU] message PSN: kibukj for invite
[XB1 NA] message GT: Arick556x45 for invite

>Platform poll:
strawpoll.me/10281492

>Discord:
discord.gg/ffn6JqN

>Is this game worth playing?
We just don't know

Other urls found in this thread:

elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Champion System
pastebin.com/Y9vRAcwm
youtube.com/watch?v=Lxmbfvycbv0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for maybe we'll get to go hoppity hop hopping right over the molag FUCKING amur region

So Im getting a shitload of crashes on PS4 today. NA server. crashes doing anything really. never happened before now

Any tips on leveling Alchemy? It's definitely my favourite crafting skill so far.

>psn

Not network errors, actual application errors

Haven't seen that myself (yet?) on PS4 NA. For a while I would crash A LOT in dungeons, but since the last few updates I haven't seen that.

You could try clearing cache/save content, that was recommended to me when I was crashing. Didn't do anything for me but maybe worth a try?

Deleting the game's save data will just make you do some of the settings again, your actual characters and other settings are on ZOS's servers of course.

>Get a fuck ton of plants and waters/oils
>Make potions/poisons up to 10, 20, 30, 40
>Once you reach the next 10 spot, put a point in so you can use the next tier of water/oil
>Continue until 50
>Try to avoid using columbine and namira's rot for grinding, they are kid of rare and used in good higher level potions
>Easy to get ingredients are water hycinthia and nirnroot (just find any zone with a river, lakes, ocean and follow it), also a good way to find water to loot (splashing pools)
>Stinkhorn and wormwood are other easily findable grinding mats

How to lvl up clothing fast?

Fleshfly larva as well since pretty much every zombie you kill drops it so it's easy to get.

does the damage of my abilities scale with the magicka stat or also with an increased magicka pool? (through items for instance)

The error I would always get was "CE-34878-0", but from what I heard from ZOS and forum-goers it's just a very generic PS4 error code.

No idea if it actually helped but I always submitted the error too.

If you don't mind spending money, go to the trade guild vendors and buy CP160 armor that has the intricate stat (+260% more craft XP for deconstruct). You typically get a piece from each max level writ, so they are up there for anywhere from 150 - 300 gold each. You won't get much mats out of them, but you'll be able to gain quite a bit of XP per deconstruct.

Increased magicka pool, so stats + items + enchantments + food

I'm level 30 lol, started playing this game a week ago

BTW how does CP system work and why is 160 CP so important?

From last thread, looking to level enchanting, at level 10 so far and it's a bit of slog compared to my other crafting classes.

So, tips on solo leveling? Decon every enchant that I get, and just make shit and break it back down?

thanks anons

1. deconstruct light/medium items from guild bank
2. 3. Do clothing crafting writs
4. Find another player that's levelling and trade items for deconstructing

Yep thats the error im getting

Once you reach level 50, you stop gaining regular levels and start earning champ levels. Champ levels are a different kind of points that go into the champion system. Once you unlock champ points on one character, they are available on all of your characters, even level 1. Additionally, when a character reaches level 50, they will jump to whatever your max champ point level is.

CP 160 is important since this is where gear stops scaling, so people tend not to worry too much about gathering gear sets and getting perfect combos of gear and traits or upgrading items to legendary until this point.

what does gear scaling mean

btw why did they remove levels, it feels so strange now that I run dungeons with 50 lvls when I'm fucking 31 lvl

t. ex-WoW player

and more questions
1) Is ESO membership worth it?
2) If I buy ESO Gold Edition key, will I be able to upgrade my existing standard One Tamriel account with the key?
3) What raids are there? How often do ppl raid, how long does it take to clear raid?
4) Do all dungs scale? I did 4 dungs and I was in a grp with ppl @ 50 and 15 lvl
5) How does PVP work, where can I pvp?
6) So if I spend CP points, let's say, on stamina bonus, and then create new alt, this alt will have CP points to be spent, therefore will be stronger than a regular char?

Well, when you are a lower level, you get a buff to your stats to bring you in line with the higher levels. As you go up in level, how much of a buff you get reduces, since you're getting more familiar with your class, unlocking more abilities, morphing them, etc. While you are below level 50, you can probably keep a piece of green gear for 4 or 5 levels and you won't notice too much of a drop in stats. Once you hit champ points, you'll start to notice that gear gets weaker faster.

CP replaced Veteran ranks that were your endgame levels from VR1 to VR16, and gear was tiered accordingly. It converted to 10 CP = 1 VR so 160 is the gear cap.

1. I think so, especially if you craft. You get access to all of the DLC while you are subbed, and you get 1,500 crowns a month. People will typically start with the base game, then use the crowns that they get from subbing to buy the DLC's.

2. Not sure, I started with gold.

3. Raids in this game are called trials, and they comprise 12 people. There are raiding guilds and casual throw it together fuck fests, just like in wow.

4. Everything scales. But, some dungeons, while scaled, will be harder for lower level players to compete in due to not having all of their skill toolbox unlocked yet, and not having the benefit of CP160 enchants on gear, as well as gear set bonuses. These are typically the imperial city dungeons (white gold tower, imperial city prison, etc.) and the shadow of the hist DLC dungeons.

5. PvP takes place in Cyrodill, a fuck huge zone (seriously, it will take a long fucking time to ride across the zone) and the imperial city. They are basically huge PvE areas where faction PvP is allowed. Cyrodill has keep attack and defense, sieges, taking resources, etc. Imperial city is where you fight the forces of Molag Bal and other players at the same time.

6. Any CP that you have earned are available on any of your other characters. So, you can come fresh from character creation, and be able to put CP points into shit like stamina/magicka regen, stamina/magicka reduction, better spell penetration, etc. Not game breaking, but a boost.

...but there are 560 CP points to be obtained? :/

elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Champion System

The gear cap is CP160.

You put Champ Points into passives that give +crit damage and stuff, like paragon points in Diablo III. But once you got your CP160 gear you should be able to run most dungeons.

Alright I get it now, so CP 160 is like "max lvl" gear you can obtain? But two characters with identical gear, one with 550 CP and 2nd with 160 CP, would differ because of number of points that could be spent, therefore nr 1 would smash nr 2?

why are destruction staff drops so damn rare? i keep getting loads of healing staff drops but never any destruction staff drops. i'm using some shit frost staff i picked up at level 6 because it has good effects which go well with my abilities but it does struggle to damage higher level enemies

Possibly. Player skill and what skills/morphs that they use can make a huge difference.

Platform/server/level/name? Class?

So there is no major difference between someone who obtained 550 CP and someone who got only let's say 200 and it depends on skills?

How does fighters guild last quest weapon scale and does it scale with champion levels?
Close to max level and already started the last quest and dont know if I should wait,

Well, someone could have a lot more physical/spell penetration, or have a big buff to a damage type, or defense against another damage type. But, especially in PvP, the player who has more skill, knows how to interrupt, has decent potions on their quickbar to get out of snares, and knows how to break ability line of sight will usually be competitive.

Alright user, so tell me what can I do after I hit 50. Should I start doing raids, or dungeons first? Where in the internet can I find info about item sets useful for my class and where they drop?

pc eu

level 11

garen selas (shakeymsh)

dunmer dragonknight

how is this game not dead yet

If I enchant my destro staff with weakening and use blockade, do I debuff all enemies in front of me or only one?

Shit son, I'm PC NA. Was going to craft some stuff for you. Hopefully someone PC EU is on who could lend a hand.

because it is a good game

it's number 2 after WoW dude

improved as fuck

Ah damn

Cheers anyway friendo

Friend*

Don't know why it autocorrected to friendo

>number 2 after WoW
sorry but that would be GW2, and number 3 is FFXIV

You can start doing dungeons now, if you like. Hit P, and use the group finder. Make sure you only do the level 1 dungeons (crypt of hearts 1, city of ash 1, etc.) as there are less mechanics, and the mechanics that do exist generally aren't one hit kills. Get familiar with grouping, positioning, etc.

After you hit 50, just keep doing what you're doing. Do quests, maybe run dungeons that have gear that you'll want at CP 160 so you can get used to them.

pastebin.com/Y9vRAcwm

From the OP, links to two sites from guys who do builds. No need to take everything that they say as gospel, but usually a good starting point in seeing how builds work, and how skills complement each other.

Best advice I can give, once you hit 45, make sure you go to the undaunted camp outside of your factions main city and take the quest to start doing your daily pledges. Every day, 3 random dungeons will be undaunted dailies (2 from the vanilla game, 1 DLC). If you can, do them. Not only will you get boatloads of XP, you'll also get an undaunted key. The key can be used to open the chests in the undaunted camps. Each chest has different items. The big thing that you'll be looking for when you hit CP160 are the monster sets. The shoulders will come from the undaunted chest, the head piece will come from a drop from the hard mode of certain dungeons. For example, I want to get bloodspawn head, I need to go through spindlecluth for it.

how good are alchemy potions in comparison to shit you can buy?

Things like tri-pots will heal health/magicka/stamina, as well as grant increased regen of each stat. With the medicinal use perk, you can increase the regen for 12 - 15 seconds, almost as long as the potion is on cooldown for. Can be an incredibly useful tool for trials, especially burn phases when you are going balls to the wall and dumping resources, or if you miss a dodge and take a huge hit and need to heal while the healers are overwhelmed.

>steal a bunch of cool shit from houses in hew's bane
>head for the city exit to go round the back to the thieves guild to launder my stuff
>reach literally the gateway to the exit of the city
>horse gets trapped by the guard spikes
>die and lose like 50 items including purple diagrams

because its improved like 50 fold and its fun

I hate when that shit happens. Thats why I typically just port to the gold coast, since the wayshrine is outside of the city, the outlaws den is right next to it, and there are no guard patrols in that area.

>Something is in my mirror, staring from inside

Have gold edition and 2k crowns.
What should I buy from the store next?

Shadows of the hist DLC so you have everything, if you want that content. If not, you could always hold onto the crows for another week when the new series of crates/store items drop, see if there is anything you want out of that.

Mazzatun dlc?

In PvE there's a big difference but it only matters for vet trials. Once you got about 360 CP you start getting diminishing returns. I think the only trial that requires more than 500+ CP is vMoL, the rest should be doable at 360CP.

In PvP there's a big difference, so play the CP-disabled campaigns if you aren't near-max CP.

How hard to get is the spiderkith skin?

Sounds about right. For good MMOs I'd say WoW, FFXIV, GW2, and ESO are all up there.

Not SWTOR, that's for sure.

No opinion on BDO, I've heard conflicting things.

How do I get the ability to silently kill people e.g. guards from behind and also the ability to destroy traps? I'm doing the thieves guild questline and I'm seeing all these other players with these abilities

Silently killing is from dark brotherhood, you get it from the first quest.

Destroying traps is just getting close but not stepping on them and pressing the disarm button when you look at them.

For the first, join the Dark Brotherhood. It's literally the first thing they give you. For the second, get close to the trap, look at it, and press E. Or whatever your interact button is. There'll be a prompt.

Should I have done the DB dlc before this one?

It'd make it a bit easier at some points since you can remove some patrols using the instant takedown, but you can do them in any order really.

And the blade doesn't work on actual, factual guards. The ones with the fancy marble healthbars. Do not try to stab those fuckers. They're invincible. Avoid them if you have a bounty or are about to do something illegal. Run if they notice you. Fighting them is suicide.

What is happening ins SWOTOR now?
I remember when it came out and everyone was saying tortanic and shit.
Anyone played it recently?

How often does ZOS do balance patches?

what are the differences between all those cyrodiil campaigns? am I locked into one once I choose one? the game doesn't explain the whole home and guest thing as far as I can tell and I don't wanna choose something I can't revert.

Are you insane, Shifty? You'll kill us all!

You cant silent kill guards only some citizens.

Someone else can explain the differences better, but I can tell you this. Some of the skills that you can earn by leveling pvp are great for everyone, like vigor. Others, like warhorn and caltrops, are so great and more specialized.

If you want these skills, they are doing testing this upcoming week, and all pvp XP is being doubled for the week. See if you can join a large group, go assault/defend some keeps, dick around, and take in the XP.

>If you want these skills, they are doing testing this upcoming week
isn't this starting tomrorow?

I havent set foot in Cyrodil.
Are you teleported there when you chose Aliance war.
Also what is the difference between home and guest and can I change it later(dont want to fuck my self in the start for not understanding)?

Where can I find a Kahjiit whore to lick my feet like a kitty cat?

/tesg/ probably

Campaigns usually have slightly different rules, which changes strategies for winning. There's a few different things alliances can capture:

- Keeps: these are large castles, when captured players can spawn at them (as long as all Resources are not taken) and travel between them (as long as they're not cutoff by the enemy)

- Resources: each Keep has three Resources, a Lumbermill, a Farm, and a Mine.

- Outposts: these are smaller buildings between Keeps surrounding the Imperial City. Players can respawn at them or travel to them (but not from them).

- Scrolls: these are Elder Scrolls stolen from the Temple of the Ancestor Moths by the alliances. Each alliance starts off with two but other alliances can take them to gain special stat boosts for all players.
- Towns: there are three towns alliances can capture, players can spawn at towns their alliance owns.

In the Scourge campaign for example, your alliance gets points for all PvP objectives. In the Skull of Corruption campaign for example though, ONLY Resources give points, so while you still want to capture other things to get around or Scrolls for boosts, Resources must be prioritized.

Some campaigns have other special restrictions. You can only join the Blackwater Blade campaign on a character less than level 50. In Azura's Star, players can't use Champion Points, so bonuses they give do not apply while in that campaign.

Your Home campaign is your "main" one. This is the one you really "score" points in towards becoming the Emperor if your alliance captures all the Keeps around the Imperial City. You can only change this campaign by paying 150,000 Alliance Points (points earned from doing PvP objectives).

Your Guest campaign is one you can join but points you score don't go towards your place on the leaderboard (they still contribute towards your Alliance War Skill trees though). You can change your Guest campaign as long as you haven't entered it or changed it within 4 days.

New video introducing Yagrum Bagarn in the Morrowind DLC

youtube.com/watch?v=Lxmbfvycbv0

I'm having a hard time pugging as a NB healer. I keep my hots (Mutagen and Funnel Health) up constantly while in fights yet randoms still find a way to negate that by dying to red circles, and ignoring boss mechanics. Occasionally I'll get a tank who queued as all three roles, yet serves as none of them effectively in any sense. These are all from normal dungeon queues.

he wont be in vvardenfell :( probably saving him for dlc

Found a renegade autist from the NA guild hanging around Bangkorai. Apparently he was a redguard NPC the whole time, so that figures.

Apparently they get no updates because they don't get funding. One dungeon every year, they release one boss for it every few months.

It's a trend for characters named Ramza

I wont gain less points if I just start as a guest?
Dont want to chose wrong one and 150k AP feel like too much for a change.
Can you change it for free after a season ends?

I've done plenty of tanking and some DPS and it seems liek jackasses cause the most damage when they're in the tank slot. You may want to try tanking yourself, instead. I use siphoning attacks, weave with siphoning, shadow and guild skills and it seems to work pretty great. If the healer is a crappy non-templar you're done for, though.

You gain exactly the same amount of points no matter what campaign you're in, Home, Guest, or even if you just join in another campaign with a friend (treated like a Guest campaign). Only difference is the points you gain in a Guest campaign don't count towards becoming Emperor, you can only do that in your Home campaign. But everything else points count towards (Alliance War Skills, buying stuff from Siege Merchants, switching campaigns) is the same.

You're stuck with the one you choose as your main until you pay up though. Exception is Blackwater Blade, when you reach level 50 you can choose a different Home if that was yours.

Sounds like shitters. Get Combat Prayer, really good burst heal that saves their skins while making them do more damage.

man these undaunted passives are too good to not get

Just cover your foot in Skooma

Where do you find numbers for active players anyway?

No, I don't believe! Give me your source.

i thought gold was shared between accounts

>deposit gold into bank with one character
>withdraw gold out of bank with the other character
wow!

Spiderdwarf is on the moon. Sorry, user. :(

>world suddenly went all staticy and the sky melted
computer troubles are so scary

There aren't any numbers, no one is publishing them.

All the NA servers have been going down a lot. The console ones anyway. The shitty servers can't handle all the homestead traffic. Morrowind is going to kill the servers if they don't get their shit together.

Seyda Neen is going to be stupidly, immersion-breakingly crowded when Morrowind releases.

they already admitted its existence is only for nostalgia purposes, which kind of excuses it in my eyes. the game hasnt been one to cash in on it and break immersion outside of things like the lusty argonian maid, so i expect everything else about it to be as solidly written as everything else

>1 fps in any Morrowind city
>999ms
>tons o people farming mats
>tons of people farming chests
>dps wearing heavy armor and bow running coa2
>stamhealer spamming vigor
>tanker wearing light armor

Do I need to find like a specific achievement group after I hit 160?