/twg/ - Total War General

New Caliphate edition

>FAQs and General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN

>Warhammer introduction to MP Lords and Heroes
pastebin.com/hPkPujTB
To update: Never pick anything other than Morghur as Beastmen.
Necromancer heroes are top pick right now while raise dead is still broken as fuck.

>Steam Groups
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>ACTUAL Total War News
If you've been living under a rock these past few months, Bretonnia has been released

We have battle map creating tools now. Only land battles and only for custom/custom mp games. Siege battles may be a possibility in the future but they're practically covering their ears and screeching at any mention of using modded maps to improve the campaign.
UPDATE: PEOPLE FIGURED OUT HOW TO DO IT ANYWAY AND OUT OF DAMAGE CONTROL CA WILL BE ADDING OFFICIAL SUPPORT FOR ADDING CUSTOM MAPS TO THE CAMPAIGN ALONGSIDE THE BRETONNIA UPDATE

BRETONNIA IS 28TH OF FEBUARY:
youtube.com/watch?v=60WQUG3XW3M Total War: WARHAMMER - Bretonnia - In-Engine Cinematic Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=qlxrhB4DvEE Total War: WARHAMMER - Bretonnia - Campaign Let's Play

Warhammer is $12: humblebundle.com/monthly

Mods -- twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications
>Recent
Update Info -- wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War_WARHAMMER_Update_5
>Recent
DLC (good goy) -- store.steampowered.com/app/534331

Suggested Mod Pack (You can pick and choose from the list, Suggested by user):
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=817040576

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3YOYlgvI1uE
youtu.be/0ZWGeidvrJw
youtube.com/watch?v=IbsQJBxICN0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

There's literally nothing wrong with worshipping chaos

I signed up on Total War access

now how do I get Brets one day early

Superior thread with updated OP here:

>shogun 2fots historical battle fall of osaka castle
>btfo enemy outside of the castle, capture armory and archery dojo
>blow up both gunpowder stores and btfo enemy that sallies out
>survive surprise cav outta fucking nowhere
>think I'll be fine to send my guys in through the gates that are on fire
>they all immediately die
>now all i have left is my arty, gen, 70 men of an imperial inf unit, a katana kachi and a kyoto police
>using kyoto police and katana kachi make it all the way to the final level of the castle
>charge into melee expecting last unit to be another unit of shogun inf/garrison inf
>its a fucking shogitai
>it banzais the piss out of my guys and kills them both
>now all I have left is my general, arty, and 70 imperial infantrymen on the other side of the map where the entrance to the castle is
>have under 2 minutes left
>don't have time to destroy final gate
>have to dismount my general and climb to the final level
>arty is trying to kill as many shogitai as it can, but they are fighting to the death bc they are on the final level of the castle
>general manages to kill all the shogitai that charge him after scaling the wall
>battle isn't over
>1 SHOGITAI MODEL LEFT IN THE CORNER OF THE FUCKING TOP LEVEL
>RUN OUT OF TIME

FUUUUCKKKK

We did it, Rafiq-al-Bashara! We saved the city!

>hating on fluff
Either play the tabletop game and appreciate its vast law or kys desu
Because Skaven is babbies first army, that has the potential to be a great army, but people would always misuse it and complained it was bad so GW had to fix it for them
Kind of like 40k Ultramarines

The only consideration is which thread was created first. Better luck next time.

Stop making extra threads idiot or mods will start deleting shit

Source for the claim that female white skaven escape brood motherdom?

That's a good question. I have to wonder if you get a code on access or something. I haven't seen a way to link my account.

>Got Thorgard when I confederated with the Norse Dwarfs
>He has been fighting chaos shits his whole life
>Has killed so many chaos and norscan lords
>He wrecked the first chaos wave on his own(The whole wave went for his hold)

>tfw second wave might kill him

I guess his son have to continue the fight if that happens. Hopefully Kraka Drak can hold long enough so I can recruit a new army.

Delete your shit, retard, before the mods get confused and purge both threads.

maybe a Steam Beta key will be given?
-
-
Okay so last I played was sometime after the Rattit WE update, and had Grim and Grave DLC and was playing a VC campaign.
Can you guys give me a quick rundown on what changes have been made since then and how easy it is to make these maps

Calm your autism. I made that thread literally 2 seconds before this one got linked in the old thread.

Age of Sigmar > Fanta Sea

Warspawn

there is a page on TWA where you can dl the free shit they give you like the wallpaper and ebook, according to grace codes will be distributed via that page allowing people to access brettonia/the patch a day early

it should be available in approx 24hrs and 17 min

Is that a black library book? google comes up with nothing

Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay supplement book

how do you deal with irondrakes/dwarf ranged units? they are so fucking cancer. They have armor so don't bother trying to deal with them from ranged unless you're bringing superior numbers of Hand-gunners, so you're left with only the option of suicide-charging them and watching your dudes get mowed down while charging towards them

>Wanting Cuckstodes and black priests
>Not wanting A KNIGHT OF BRETONNIA TO BE YOUR SHIELD and huwite priests of sigmar

Arty or Cav. Cav literally can charge right through their ranks.

Which edition?

irondrakes have tiny unit size, shooting them is easy

other units require cav sandwiching

>archers
what faction
inb4 brettonia
Hey Grace

>don't bother bringing the counter because reasons
okay?

>1 enemy unit left
>run out of time

jesus

get cavalry / chariots / monsters

Why do I feel like dwarves have the only really good defensive infantry in the game?

>irondrakes
>suicide-charging them and watching your dudes get mowed down while charging towards them
youtube.com/watch?v=3YOYlgvI1uE

did you read what I wrote? they are tough little rock niggers that will mow anything that melees them, including cav (unless you're using a large number of knights or demigryphs or someshit, since if you use too little you can only engage some of them while the rest of the midgets get free target practice on your cav that's stuck in melee with them)

Is Skaven chaos worshipers?

youtu.be/0ZWGeidvrJw
this is you

>TW:W
>benchmark 80fps
>first campaign battle 30 fps

what the fuck is going on?

Wait until you play on Legendary.
Also no Phalanx.

they worship a chaos god, who in AoS takes Slaanesh's place in the main 4, although is still just plague and backstabbery not rape

>It has been a common misconception that Skaven are all of the male gender. The specifics of where they come from are widely debated amongst those scholars who show an interest in the species, and include many ludicrous theories as to the origin of the Ratmen. One such postulation is that the Skaven are born directly from Chaos, while another claims they are merely ordinary rats that are mutated by constant exposure to Warpstone. The truth of the matter is that there are, indeed, female Skaven, locked away in the depths of the Under-Empire. Female Skaven serve no other purpose than to propagate their vile species, and they are only slightly conscious of the events that transpire around them. Constant application of Warpstonederived narcotics beginning at a young age keeps them blissfully ignorant of the events that transpire in the Under-Empire. So cloistered away from the rest of their race are they that they do not learn their race’s chittering speech, nor are they proficient in even the simplest social skills…or so the Skaven believe.

From Children of the Horned Rat: Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2e supplement.

it's a mod for empire

>mfw no naughty sassanid girl whispering impure things in persian ready to touch my huge comitatenses spear

So, I was playing Ebdanians (Irish) campaign and I get bonus for moving my armies to other ppl's regions and raiding them. This means that each army generates some income. This is a ridiculous amount of gold earned, and I had almost all my forces raiding North Africa.

(the kebab and nigger nations had taken all of North Africa by this point)

Today Beneventum, tomorrow, Rome.

no, they worship a ratman version of shitmar known as the Horned Rat

>a grey seer, priest of the horned rat

Early in the game, I was swallowing up Spain and because I was winning a war against the Western Roman Empire, I had lots of diplomacy points, and me and the Maurians became military allies. I was raiding for turn after turn, trying to provoke them to fite me, but nothing happened. Then I found out why.

The current king has the traits "Reliable" and "Defensive".

yamete kudasai kebab-san, Rome is pure and not made for infidels

Post screenshots

>no suicide squad unit
Why even play Muslim?

If Rome is so pure and great, how come it's about to be taken by Muslims?

Even rats have its own god
Can't wait to hear all those dialogs, when skaven going to be released

THAT'S RIGHT, GOYUM - he's a beta cuck and I'm the alpha chad pillaging his lands, stealing his waifus and eating from their bag of M&Ms. Literally too beta to do anything about it!

-1000 attitude

what do you want-want man-thing ?
>declare war
the horned rat is with us ! you will get the staby-staby

Damn all that setup to post this image

nice

WE DID IT REDDIT - Skaven 2017

I'm on turn 100 and something with the VC, if I get The Grim and the Grave DLC, will I be able to recruit the new lord and units mid-campaign, or do I need to start a new one?

>ironfags cucking me into throwing some halberdiers into the trash just so i can stop them throwing their TNT bags

sometimes I hate the stunts as much as I hate the tree niggers. But atleast stunts that are not "TEH DWARVES" or Karak-Hirn are bros and good homies.

OLD FRIEND NEWS WHEN

Jesus christ, CA, who writes this shit?

>about 24 more hours to go before m'lady

NEAR

FAR

WHEREVER YOU ARE

10/10

>when the imperial discipline kick in
>never fall back whatever happen

>tfw no qt frog-faced georgian gf to guide you through the mountains of Caucasus

youtube.com/watch?v=IbsQJBxICN0

That's a nice screenshot, it's not often you get to see a unit spread out so much like they would be in an actual battle. The never leave formation meme is boring

Help they keep fucking like rabbits

>letting your bastards live

>even in a game the muslims fuck until they have 9 childrens

really make you think

Clan pestilens is based around nurgle I believe but the entirety worship the horned rat which is an actual god I believe, in the same sense of elf gods anyway.

>THE GRANARY IS FULL MY LORD

My largest naturally occuring campaign battle yet. Some 6000 Empire and Hochland units face off in the bloodiest civil war I'd ever seen. The confederation that Hochland had become had become too powerful, and in an effort to break a siege they sallied forth into an open field where we clashed. My well protected Sunmaker Helstorm rocket battery amassed some 600 kills, especially with a buff banner that provided additional fire damage. Hochland ceased to be shortly after.

Wouldn't this be the ultimate irony?

YOU FUCK

>new campaign
>tfw pic related after first battle

TWWH has been the only TW title I play where this happens commonly in my battles.

>same battle

shit wrong bread

>Want to play warhammer
>But I also don't want to play before bretonnia comes out

I got a fucking runefang after I wiped out the little muh seccession niggers near Grunburg

last warning bud

I've had happen in my Roman campaigns too.

But then Rome was basically ancient Islam, so I guess it works out still.

>three hundred turns deep in to a kholek campaign
>ward save is still only 45%

I'M SO MAD

Stronghold?

>Record scratch
>Freeze frame

post more screenshots.

>death to tree niggers
>death to upstuck stunts
>death to dead niggers
>death to snowniggers
>death to french subhuman medieval peasants
>long live imperial master race

ah,
Rome

Hello, I would just like to say that I enjoy all total war games and I enjoy this general and think you are all nice.

Praise the lady

YES M'LORD

Ahhhhhh, Rome

AH, ROME!?

Stop saying niggers, what are you 13?

nigger

The beastcucks come

So what does it depend on? Settlement dmg after a period of being besieged?

>If Rome is so pure and great, how come it's about to be taken by Muslims?

Welcome to Veeky Forums

Nigger/Fag are our signature codewords.