Current AE86 Prices?

Looking for a new drift car
>rip supra, you will be sorely missed
and I saw a AE86 in my area in somewhat decent shape except the transmission is fubar. This would be an awesome car to drift just for the style points, do you think it's worth it for the meme machine? This one seems decent considering everyone else wants like 5K for a barely functional heap (not that this one isn't a heap as well)

wat think?
>pic related, 2k

Other urls found in this thread:

inlandempire.craigslist.org/cto/6066870310.html
youtube.com/watch?v=pxnpwhAtWEs
supercarros1.com/toyota-mr2-clasico-86-198350.html
youtube.com/watch?v=Enp_XZfSRsI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

bumping

he wants $2k for it for a reason.

its not a GTS as those are the ones that fetch premium prices

>This would be an awesome car to drift just for the style points

Not even joking you would at least need to put $6k+ just to get it to "drift spec". It doesnt have an LSD for christ sake.

If you can't afford an AE86 GTS with the rice tax you def can't afford that shitbox either. unless you plan on only driving it around with its shitty stock engine/suspension.

Where do you exactly live?

Not my area but this is in LA

this GTS for sale is the avg price youll pay for one of these

inlandempire.craigslist.org/cto/6066870310.html

and on top of that this POS has a salvaged title. Maybe he'll get $6k for it if he's lucky

I don't think you want to be apart of this game as you need somewhat serious dosh to be apart of it.

just buy a miata. Way more fun.

I live in cali, yeah I suppose it would be chaper to get a GTS in the long run

>op almost pulled and itsuki and bought an 85
kek

What happened to your supra

I think he just meant how retarded JZA80s cost.

supras especially jza80s make terrible drift cars

Im sure he had a jza70 supra that shat itself or something.

>2 grand
I'm not trying to be that guy who goes "RICER FAG BUY MURICAN MUSCLE" but for that money I would just buy a v8 mustang. You get a limited slip in the back, a stout drive train, and enough power to spin the tires stock.

I am converting it to mid engine 4wd using a vq35 but i need some new cutting discs

Just get a corvette. They're cheap, have plastic bodies so it doesn't matter if you crash, and you get a veeate

corvettes are ugly.

What do you guys think my dad's 1987 Toyota Supra Turbo with 6200 miles is worth?

Everything is original even the tires. (excludes battery)

Tell him to put it on bringatrailer.com
That place eats up mint sports car like its going out of style.

holy shit that is clean

Costs 2 of your waifus fucking weaboo faggot

Buy a shitbox v8 mustang
torque and power are important for drifting,making more power with a v8 is much easier and cheaper, and the car will be more reliable

dont be that guy trying to drift his 120hp shitbox by pumping up the rear tires to 50psi

just rice the shit out of it fampai, its better to be able to drift an ugly ass car than fail to drift in a japbox

Ya it was my grandpa's and he passed away and gave it to my dad. Kept it covered and only drove it to keep it from falling apart. I wish I took more pictures.

He'll never sell it because of the sentimental value, but I'll get it eventually and I'm not a fan of the Supra so if the times comes I look around sites like that. I was just curious if anyone could ballpark a figure

Dont listen to these idiots op. You want an sr5 for any racing application since you would lower the value of a gts doing any serious modifications.

Not alot. Maybe 20-25k if youre lucky

How about this one Veeky Forums?
Didn't even know you could get them auto, but has a manual swap

what site is that?

Don't sell it. Learn to like it. It's a damn good car.

>rust
>SR5
>5 speed swap available which means you have to actually do the swap

Sr5's are not special at all hence the price.

even when you swap in the 5 speed, its still not worth shit.

facebook marketplace

this user is right, it's a real nice car. It will grow on you, old cars stock cars are becoming more and more rare. Just keep it.

from the thumbnail I thought it was one of these

gr8 b8 m8

Basically this. The state of AE86s in the US is not what it used to be. I read that we only had about 6000 GTSs imported in the three years it was on market, and who fucking knows how many are left now. Probably under 2k in any serviceable condition. The rest are rotted out or turned into sikk ass hektik drift missiles yo. Shit's a collector's market now.

Add to the market by swapping a 4AGE or whatever you want into an SR5.

Or just build up a 4AC youtube.com/watch?v=pxnpwhAtWEs

I paid 12k for my really nice condition GT-S with Zenki JDM bumper.

get a fox/Sn95 Mustang or catfish Camaro, it will be better than any 85/86 for that money

pics?

a person who wants an Ae86 isnt cross shopping for a mustang or camaro.

also no offense but while those cars put down more power, they are hideous looking and pigfat. esp the catfish camaro

on the other hand an AE86 is a gutless low hp, small, rwd japanese shitbox that weighs little to nothing and is way more fun to hoon.

OP was looking for a drift car, not an AE. The AE just popped up for sale, so he questioned if it's worth it

>way more fun to hoon

I feel op is a /busrider/ lying about his supra if he thinks the AE86 will be fun to hoon

You didnt even know they came automatic and are using facebook marketplace. The AE86 is literally a meme machine, just get an MR2 or miata faggot.

Post your supra if you really have one poser

a foxbody mustang would make a better drift car.

hijacking thread. There's an AW11 near me going for around 3K with nigger rims and non-stock bulging out led radio + nigger speakers. Should I do it?

Im not OP, what made you think that.....

and Op does have a Supra he posted pics here

>tripfag
>caring only about audio when buying a car

Tripfags are retards

>rip supra you will be sorely missed

Poser

>>caring only about audio when buying a car
>burger education
I was saying that because those are usually red flags. Also the headlight motors are broken according to the guy.

Daily reminder that people only drive this piece of shit because it was in some gook cartoon

???

you keep thinking Im OP but I'm not. I dont even want an Ae86.

I do think they are cool tho

Since when has aftermarket heads been a red flag other than rice tax

If you think an AW11 with broken headlight motors and shitty speakers for 3k is something we can base a price on then you're the idiot.

Rust, dents, ACTUAL THINGS THAT MATTER

Dumb tripfag

wrong

here, have at it supercarros1.com/toyota-mr2-clasico-86-198350.html only one photo thats blurry as all fucking hell + I don't have the cash right now

If you think those aren't red flags, you've clearly never checked out a nigged out car on Craigslist. Tip of the iceberg.

people FAWN over that POS because it was in Initial D.

The people who can actually afford to turn it into a serious track car/drift slut/touge monster knows what its capable of and if anything bought it because of this guy and his personal car

youtube.com/watch?v=Enp_XZfSRsI

>mass plates

nice Im right below you in Connecticut

I'm pulling the trigger for a Mk.ii poopra
worth it? I don't care about the 5M that much but when it gets rekt it's 1UZ time

Sweet, I'm going to go to more meets in the area this year, maybe I'll see yours around.

oh i dont have an 86, just a miata lel

Lol, thought you were the user I replied to, oops.

So i shouldnt drift in my jza70? Whoda thunk

you can but itll take some serious money that you probably don't have

yes yes yes
When you do the 1UZ please post pics and data. I am very curious of how this will work.

I think i mightve seen you getting that inspected in Marlboro, either that or someone else in mass has a red GTS hatchback, nice car BTW

What station, Mobil?

How do I even fucking find one of these things
I've never seen a single one for sale in my area

Where do you live?

North Florida

Sir, the supra is not a drift car. It has never been a drift car. It's a luxury GT car, some call it Japan's musclecar. It weighs two fucking tons for crying out loud

yeah, hunt's down by the lake

Yea that was me, lol. Theres another AE86 in Marlboro too, it's a black SR5 coupe.

So? People put fast food trays on there cars and "drift"

god i hope you die in a fire

"yeah my granddad bought this new, my dad loved it, but meh i hate it cause it can't drift, better sell it. fuck what grandad and dad think"

please die in a fire you fuckwit

Not OP, but pic related is being sold near me for $6800. It already has a 4A-GE swapped in, and looks to be in solid condition. Worth it?

>quite clearly a benz grille
>failing that, benz headlights

pls

>Fox bods are ugly
Get your shit taste out of here
Also Camaros /foxbods weigh 2900-3000 lbs which is about the same as a BRZ
They only feel heavy because of their shit stock suspension

>Also Camaros /foxbods weigh 2900-3000 lbs which is about the same as a BRZ

yah they handle just as great as a BRZ too right?

lol. fucking idiot.