>Trump selloff coming next week
>China Bubble popping
>Real Estate Bubble pt 2 popping
>It's happening!
How big will this crash be?

Not to mention
>EU collapse

Bitcoin is going to pop off.

I wish I knew more about bitcoin, or I'd buy some. Instead I'm just going short and longing volatility.

It will be so big that it won't be called a "crash" but a total implosion of the global financial system. Banks that have been around for hundreds of years will cease to operate.

currencies will be rendered non-transactable

emergency UN meetings will be called to restructure the world on a global level

I feel bad for saying this, but I fucking hope so. My short positions are so fucking leveraged I'm gonna make so much money.

how do you expect to cash in on a short when the bank isn't around to make good on the bet?

everyone loses who is in the system.

Longing inverse etfs, not actually shorting. I don't want to deal with margin or being squeezed

>etfs

in what world can an etf exist when the banking system is in chaos?

You won't be able to cash in.

Will be plenty of time to cash in :)

no you shmuck, bitcoin is going to go down. ALL commodities will go down. why the fuck would people turn to fucking bitcoin in a flight to safety? retards I swear.

But why was it showing a negative correlation against the other commodities during the trump bubble?

euphoria

bitcoin is a commodity. that's all you have to look at it as. Bitcoin is volatile. Bitcoin is not something people will fly to in order to protect their money.

Good luck with that falling knife.

This financial system is going to go from working to bank holiday in a matter of microseconds. The will promise you that they will open their doors tomorrow, but tomorrow will never come.

Gold is also a commodity, and historically THE value store people flee to when shtf.
Only bitcoin is better than gold in many ways, since it's so much easier to conceal and transport, for one.
Get learned, sport.

>Bitcoin is not something people will fly to in order to protect their money.
>Venezuela tanks, bitcoin surges
>Europe moves towards cashless, bitcoin surges
>India moves towards cashless, bitcoin surges

gold is a currency too

X is only worth as much as someone is willing to pay.

I think in the event of a major banking crisis, there would be more places readily able to accept gold/silver as forms of payment vs bitcoins.

I could be wrong I really don't know.

I think bitcoin's insane performance this month is related mostly to capital flight coming out of China. The chinese middle class is ~ the same size as the entire US; they have a staggering amount of buying power.

RMB continues to drift lower so Chinese are trying to get out of it into $ and bitcoin. $s are scare overthere due to insane regulation for capital flight.

If I open a long position in an inverse x3 leveraged ETN, will it go up when/if the market crashes?

Tiny if the government are competent economic managers.
Enormous if the government try to balance the budget.

>gold is a currency too
So is cryptocurrency

And if shit goes down like in India, you won't be going anywhere with your gold.

Gold has been a recognized currency for thousands of years

Bitcoins are not and likely never will be but we will see a new version that is accepted in the near future

Gold has a longer history, yes.

But it has a shitton of drawbacks compared to bitcoin, starting with the fact that you can't take it anywhere unnoticed.

yeah but even at places where they never heard about the internet gold has value. so i don't know bitcoin has more chance to go up than gold for now, but it also has more potential to fall. gold can slowly descend to the $900-500 range bitcoin can go well under $500 overnight.

What does this mean for stocks currently held? Will they nosedive? What stocks should be bought to counteract this? Thank you friends

Steve Eisman of 'The Big Short' fame who is now super bullish banks. I highly doubt that a crash happens in 2017.

me too everything is much more likely to go to shit in 2018. i know for a fact my countries pension system will.

Depends how badly the UK/EU negotiation spooks the markets come march.

If they are asshats like usual, could be a great time to get in on the downslide.

No idea but I did just buy some physical silver.

Might hit 50+ this time with the shit storm brewing.

i would bet on silver go below $10 before i would bet it goes above $30 next few years.

>people have been predicting a crash on this board for 2 years
you'd think you idiots would be right once in a while

it's bound to happen in the next few decades sooner or later the market will crash.

i believe your digits. market crash in the next few decades.

>why the fuck would people turn to fucking bitcoin in a flight to safety?

Are you fucking serious? The banks fail, govt print money, and you ask why would people want bitcoin?

this is true, bitcoin is big in China, and only getting bigger.

The Chinese are also buying gold, the govt encourages them to do so.