Overrated styling

Pic related. Post cars that are praised by sheep but really aren't anywhere near as good looking as you'd be led to believe.

Hard mode:
ONLY types you have SEEN IN PERSON
Because we all know how something looks in pics on the internet != how they look in person.

Pic related. In b4 butthurt britfags. I can think of several british cars that are better looking than this funny shoe looking thing.

fact
the V12 E types had a truly ugly exhaust system

naturally people should buy the 6 cyl ones instead

itt: how to spot a contrarian with bad taste

This ugly blobby piece of shit.

E type is literally so ugly

Upset gmFag detected

i get that it's iconic and all but it's one of the worst-looking wedges i can think of
all of the proportions about it feel off

Try to contain your butthurt kids, this is about posting overrated styling not defending your fangirl crush.

I like the E type and I've seen it in person many a time, what mode does that make me?

The testarossa

It makes you someone who should find a car you think has overrated styling and post it instead of defending your fangirl crush

Fun fact, 80% of the wedges were all designed by the same person.

The proportions is fine for a sports car that was supposed to be affordable.

but the v12
LOOK THE FUGLY

bertone? im ok with that

inb4 i get a nuke dropped on my house...

saw one in person and it looks so bad it made me think of a Chinese imitation of a Ferrari

its so bland and soulless and the headlights are ugly

I can agree with all of these

was about to post that

ferrari 250 of all variant look best in black.

>Enzo Ferrari
>Sheep
I guess you could say it's overrated

I love the delorean and my least favorite parts of it are the doors, the stainless steel, and it's association with BTTF

what level of contrarian am I on?

i dislike the tail lights

totally forgot about this fuckin' thing.

Lamborghini Diablo
Gallardo
Testarossa
E-type
C1 Corvettes
911 Targas
SL300 convertable
Ferrari 360
Ferrari 355
Any front engine Ferrari
Ferrari 348
240SX
300ZX

Way better than an e-type but still overrated.

OP's Favourite Car

fucking awful

My vote goes to E39s. Everyone raves about the "classic/timeless looks" but I personally think it's one of the most bland designs BMW ever came up with. The M5 body kits made them a little better but still a significant step down from the E34.

I agree with you that the pre facelift FDs are blobby pieces of shit but the facelift somehow turned them into a good-looking car.

Never got the appeal of these at all - they look like a shitty Hot wheels car.

Absolutely disgusting

R30
R31
R32
R33
R34

The e36 bmw also, it's alright but I just find it a little overrated.

I agree, e types aren't that pretty. New jags look nicer.

I think FD is a timeless design and it is one of the best looking cars.

AW 11 is bit overrated, its proportions are off.
SW21 is the best looking of all MR2's

Anyone who dislikes the E type has to be stupid as fuck and likely is likely born close to the year 2000..

Hating the e type.. like seriously omfg.

true, better than the supra though

it's just so tacky and boyracerish.

Previous gens of vettes where much more adult looking.

ITT: Every car looks like shit

better looking versions of all these cars

xj coupe

>16950321
>16950223
Detomaso Pantera

F12 or C6 or C5

megane rs

e36/46

Your opinions seem to be rather faggy. Please leave.
>FD
>timeless design
Anyone can clearly tell it's from the 90s.

Obviously the E type looks bad from that shitty meme angle.

Looking like a hotwheels car was the point of the Countach, every boy in the 80s had a poster of it in their room.

I think the opposite, the E39 is boring, but the E36 is actually pretty horrid.

Timeless design means a design that looks good no matter what period of time you're in.

It does not a design that never looks like it isn't current.

Wrong
Wrong
Right
Wrong
It's ok but not that bad
Yeah they're designed by a 12 year old
Nah
Piss off
Agree, E34 is far better
Correct

*rad

e36 = great
e46 = equally great

e39= inbetweeny and boring.

that pic doesnt do it any justice

this on the other hand

na it looks good today compared to other cars, just less angry.

Wanna get more triggered? I believe all BMW's look like the same boring shit. Like 911, but 911's actually look great. Not as bad as audis tho.

lol nigger nobody agrees with your retarded ass opinion on GTRs.
calm your autism down.

Calm your butthurt, fangirl. This thread isn't a safe space for your overly sensitive ass.

All of them including Minis.

Wrong

>better than the supra though
Oh shut the fuck up, I'm tired of you faggots.

>50 replies and no one's mentioned F40
No one likes this who didn't grow up idolizing it. Prove me wrong.

These. All overrated.

I didn't care about cars until I got older.
I always drove quads and wanted to go fast.
Now I realize cars help me realize my going fast dreams.
I didn't idolize or know of F40's existance when growing up.

I still think it looks amazing.

No-one's mentioned it because it's correctly rated.

They're -good- looking, but not nearly good looking enough for every single musclefag to lose control over his pussy juices for.

4th gen Supra, looked like a matchbox car or a kit car.

you fucking take that back

they look ugly as fuck on pics, ive seen a pair in person and they are completly diferent, really nice to see in person. That doesent take out the fact that they are pigfat slow and waste fuel

Citroen SM

Accurate

I can agree with pretty much every car posted itt

oh yeah its ugly as hell its just one of those cars I never think about

the overhang ruins those and make them look poorly designed

I generally like e30s but the convertibles look like fucking Adidas flipflops

This thread reaps fangirl butthurt lol

E30 convertibles look shitty and are shitty. They're abysmally slow and have much worse handling than the sedans/coupes. Terrible.

I haven't seen one person online or in real life say that thing looks good. Everyone seems to hate it.

this roundy piece of shit

>everyone seems to hate it
but people seriously keep buying cars that look like that.

6/10 tee bee ach

Confirmed for no taste.

yeah ok I this is probably true
still think it looks fucking awesome

I agree. The whole rear bumper looks like it came straight from a kit. Front end isn't too bad tho. also this Both look nice but R34 is better

Anything in particular?
It's simple and clean. There isn't much to hate other than it being a Porsche. The edge of the windows always seemed weird to me but w/e

I wouldn't say its overrated. Most people don't really love the design and it was super controversial when it was revealed. Its status as a 6/10 looking car is deserved

The fins look like they were slapped on as an after thought. I think of all of the big finned American cars the 59 Cadillac looks the worst. Other car's fins sprout organically from the body in some way and don't look they were glued on at the last moment.

Bad taste + no other choices

Yes I'm triggered

>Stuttgart plates
>Alaska plates
US Military? US Government?

I dislike the taillights too FWIW

Looks like a campy 90's Tim Burton batmobile

it looks like an upside down penis

the cabin is the ballsack in tucked up battle mode

I agree with you about E36s being ugly but no one denies they're ugly. E39s are super boring but get heaps of praise for their looks for some reason.

I guarantee you it would look better without fins. The 1960 looks better with its toned down fins

Shuffle off asshurt white knight

>equating everything to penis

You're fucking nuts...how is the SLR overrated?

its fast but meh looking.

the f1 looks cool like a cheetah looks fast.
performance does no equate to looks

the black one looks like a xenomorph

>The whole rear bumper looks like it came straight from a kit.
The fuck does that even mean? You're the only person I've seen who likes the front more than the rear.

I don't get why nobody likes the aesthetics of this car other than me. Fuck y'all, then. Damn.

yes i mad

>getting this triggered over your HIDEOUS pile of shitty styling cues that looks like it was penned by an 8 year old

>Saying that I'm triggered

So you're comparing Gorden Wagener to an 8 year old...I guess the W211 must be an ugly POS then too since it was designed by him. You wouldn't know style if came into your room and gave you a reach-around... Let's see you design a car then user.

This. The previous generations looked so good, and this looks like melted soap I never understood why everyone loves these things so much

You're definitely triggered, because you came to a thread that told white knights and fanboys to contain their butthurt and are insisting that you are right (proving you're butthurt)

I've seen one IRL. Stunning car car. However the hatch version is prolly the worst looking. Coupe and convertible versions are one of the sexiest car ever. Both the V12 and I6 are awesome.

fucking roasted

Any lexus

I really hate their grills.

Confirmed for never having seen an E-type in person.
You must also dislike muscle car styling.

Hey shithead, learn to read. I'm surprised it took 93 posts for an assmad brit to show up and crow about his precious e-type. Fuck off, it looks like a clown's shoe, it's severely overrated. As for muscle cars, this thread isn't about what I like, it's about overrated styling.

this desu. seen these two, the hatch looks awkwardly proportioned while the coupe is sex

The first Countach looks better IMO.

Wow, JIDF is in full force. Go to bed britfaggots,it's the middle of the night

I was actually agreeing with OP

In what way am I butthurt, please enlighten me...also explain why the SLR is such a "badly designed car".