/ng/ - Nioh General

Latest Patch Notes
>fextralife.com/nioh-1-04-patch-notes/

>What does each element do?
nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Status Effects

>What should I do with the armour/weapons I don't want/use?
Purple/Blue = Disassemble (Then use the blue mats to forge a purple if you have enough)
Yellow/White = Sell or you can give it to the kodamas for amrita and the odd free item.

>What does the summoning candle do?
It returns your guardian spirit to you when you die along with the amrita you collected.

>Should I use soul match?
Honestly, no, not unless you have basically finished the game and have a weapon with some really great stats. As you progress you will get a steady flow of new weapons and armour that is better than what you have. Don't waste your money on soul matching until later.

>Why do people keep mentioning "smithing texts"?
Bosses tend to drop pieces of their armour and weapons when you defeat them. Very rarely they will drop a smithing text which allows you to forge their armour/weapon.

>Which clan should I join? (clan unlocked through progression)
Whichever one has a bonus that you think will benefit your build the most.

Beta guide that could still be useful : pastebin.com/VEHby7kd

list of smithing texts:
pastebin.com/iDcwJWuy

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GnCPXBovbYc
youtube.com/watch?v=J1fFWiKV25o&t=401s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Can you roll CtA: Magic or is it only this Onmyo Magic Power scaling that's shit garbage

I have intensity and it still doesn't do any damage.

you can roll CtA Magic on a weapon, yes

Are you sure you're using Intensity right? Fully charged and at full ki-drain it should be doing around triple what it normally does.

Still upset the patched the wall glitch for farming the Yasakani Magatama.

I got mine from shit house luck and even after doing it two dozen times with the wall method STILL didn't get another one or even a magatama that gaves you the increased amrita with living weapon that you need for the end game Amrita grind runs.

Its like a huge middle finger to say "fuck you take a few seconds longer because we're not fixing the wack ass drop rates."

Can the duo Nobunaga and Yuki-onna fight drop the Nobunaga smithing texts?

>Try one of the lvl 30 twilight missions in some temple area
>See what looks to be like a tengu in the distance
>Shoot an arrow at it and it comes flying at me
>Kills me in three hits while i barely do 100 damage to it

Are these guys supposed to be super tanky or are my weapons just weak?

Yep. I'm using it exactly like your webm and it still does less or comparable damage to a mid-stance strong attack.

You have to make sure you run out of KI from the attack.

It's only Onmyo Magic Power scaling that's garbo, you can roll Magic scaling.

I have cta : Skill on my 2kat, what is the next top priority stats ?

Yes

Literally just kick them. I swear this should be in the threadpost.

I"ll keep playing around with it.

Both Lumber Chop and Rumbling Earth don't seem like they do anything. The only axe skills that seem worthwhile and spin2win and Heaven & Earth.

Are you absolutely sure you've got Intensity set as your MA? Does it still trigger on other attacks even if it's not working for Lumber Chop?

>"oh wow the hard mode version is actually hard"
Hope you enjoy ng+ twilight missions.

I'm 100% positive. And yeah, it does trigger on my other attacks.

More ki/skill damage

Good to know. I'd rather run the duo fights for crafting texts than demon king revealed. Thanks user.

Skill damage increase and Familiarity Damage A (Which goes to A+ at max familiarity) bonus unless you already have a natural Close Comabat Damage higher than 15%

I haven't been able to roll either so I defaulted to putting Skill damage on my 2kat because 21% more skill damage is better than either of those considering you're supposed to be using skills more often than your quit attacks.

i'm at the beggining of ng+ , can i make directly a lvl 150 +5 weapon or should i wait until i have better weapon ?

Is there a level range for the revenents you see?

did they fix this yet?

youtube.com/watch?v=GnCPXBovbYc

>in under 5 seconds
>49 seconds long

Ok thanks, what does "mastery +15%" does ?

Maybe its just a coincidence, but it seems like certain armors drop more often in certain missions. Three angry gods seems drop the hero set more often, and Falling Snow drops the platemail/western warlord sets. Anyone else notice something like this with other missions and sets?

so recieved attack damage (critial) on armor, can that be passed to every armor piece?

Fuck knows then, I've never had a problem like that. If it is just a bug maybe reorganising your skills and changing them around a bit before changing them back might reboot them in some way and fix it?

yes, and that's fine

too bad there are no smithing texts for shit like Tatanashi

I didn't mean to imply it was bad, I was hoping other people would chime in and we could compile a list of what missions drop sets more often to make farming them easier.

well, hopefully someone does
all I can say is; play any missions and you're guaranteed to find Red Demon

Do any of the unique helms have a critical hp effect?

IS fextra reliable? Does the crossed sickles text really drop from the conspirators?

>japanese game about fighting japanese demons
>hammers exist in the game
>no oni with hammers like at all, instead they use some toothpick katanas
>no kanabo as weapon

Kanabo should have definitely been an axe skin or something

I oddly didn't mind Yoki having katanas, but the axes bothered me

Yes

>game doesn't have every single japanese thing in it
Wow terrible game

Gotta leave something for the sequel :^)

It's not "every single thing", huge metal club is like a trademark oni weapon and instead they swing a fucking katana exactly the same way as they do with axe which looks absolutely stupid

the Yoki in this game are all mutated up humans. Makes sense the weapons they use are the weapons they used.

Still the DLC, if nothing else

>get a failed to connect to network error right as a wheelmonk rolls me over

what is wrong with this game's fucking connection?

Finished the game. Final death count was 162. On a scale of 1 to DSP how bad am I? Pure Ninjutsu build.

Just so everyone knows, you only need the killing hit for the unarmed titles.

>Beat Yamato and kill Kelley
>Start getting divine shit
>Hanzo drops a divine Iga Jonin gloves
>It's only 44
>Go to blacksmith to upgrade that shit
>8mil to bring it from 44 to 140
>I have maybe a quarter of that, and barely bought shit up to this point

>dying that much in a pure ninjutsu build
You're above and beyond DSP. You have access to literally unlimited quick-change scrolls and yet have 162 deaths

Most oni look stupid, so it gets a pass

How's my Willy?
I've started using axe now and wonder if heavy armor is worth it? I tried going C agility before and it was awful.

I don't think the number of deaths matters as much as why they occurred.

If you're using stances, you're above DSP without a doubt.
He's been going midstance spear his entire playthrough while blaming the game.

youtube.com/watch?v=J1fFWiKV25o&t=401s

He died 17 times against that boss while I managed to beat it in 3 tries.

Quick change is a meme. If I could control the landing zone or when to poof back it would be useful but half the times I come back and the boss is still on my face attacking and hit me mid air killing me again.

The game literally throws divine stuff into you even if you ignore revs entirely for zero reason. No reason ever to soul match level unless you got a perfect roll
quick-change scrolls barely do shit desu

>hit me mid air
Don't use the jump attack numbskull. You're invincible until you touch ground unless you jump attack. The only "meme" here is your lack of reasoning skills.

I wish you could buy something useful with glory.

>yokai mats
>consumables
>book of reincarnation
>not useful

>You're invincible until you touch ground unless you jump attack.

Bullshit. I did not jump attack in this webm and got killed midair.

Hyotto Masks.

You um. You might have posted the wrong webm

Nothing you can't get without it.

>Not having the numbers for stamina and hp
Also that's clearly the wrong webm my dude

Wrong webm.

And why would i kill shitload of umbrellas or flying bolts when i can kill revs instead and got more useful things?

Everybody and their mother can see the extra height you gain as you attempt to jump attack nothing. Nice webm though baddy

To be fair, the first one I got had 4.6% unlimited ninjutsu even at zero familiarity, so that one I'm going to keep
Plus, it'd be easier than grinding ninja yoki

Good for you then. There's nothing I need that I can buy with glory. Completely worthless.

Nope. If I had jump attacked I would have used stamina before he hit me but its full. The height boost was because of his attack that propelled me.

>Doing random encounter all day
>After a while realize I'm being summoned by the same couple of people over and over
>Both these guys are on their first playthough
Why even play the game? I've carried both these guys in multiple missions across multiple regions. Are they even having fun? Who the fuck summons for every single mission on their first time through?

>Who the fuck summons for every single mission on their first time through?
Soulbabs
I don't really understand why would anyone summon in this game if the only one mission which could use a summon have it disabled (and even then you can cheese it no problem)

>no Nekomata Guardian Spirit
yamete

Also, why is Daiba so fucking good for CC with the summon? i have on a light cap for onmyo casting speed and I can fuck up shit with the free knockup. What are some other summons with shit like this? The bull one doesn't seem to knock down reliably.

I really like suzaku + the Ki talisman, for maximum drainage.

>I would have used stamina before he hit me but its full
this literally happens in the webm

>light cap for onmyo casting speed
>not mystic art

>What are some other summons with shit like this?
Mizuchi makes humanoids fall if even a single tick hits, paired raiken has some stun capabilities as well

I love the souls series and I've literally never summoned in the retail game or in any of the demos.

These "people" are just garbage.

atlas bear and daiba are the two cheese summons

You mean like the stamina you used here, before the projectiles hit you. Which is easily viewable at .10 speed.

Not everyone is an autistic sperg who wants to prove how hardcore they are at video games on a anonymous imageboard and not everyone shares the same concept of fun. Both of you are socially and mentally retarded. I am sorry for you.

Got 1 trophy left which is the 'complete every mission' one. I know its a Twilight mission. Can I play offline and change my PS4 clock in order to get the game to rotate to the one I need?

Fuck waiting until it comes around naturally.

xXx * T r 1 G g 3 r 3 d * xXx

Dude don't go around Veeky Forums talking truths and making sense. Some of the people browsing this shithole kill themselves over these posts. Remember where you are. Most here are basement dwellers.

There's an odd bell curve to this kind of game.

Having played multiple thousands of hours of both souls, and gaiden games, I feel I have the right to mention this.

At the far left, we have the complete scrubs who use any tactic they can to get through a level. In the middle, the most people, lie those who think it's important to not summon the first time through. Then there's the far right, who have played so much of the game that they just see co-op as fun, not as a way of advancing through levels, because that is of no issue to begin with.

The real point is, just learn to enjoy the game. Placing self worth into how you play a video game is a slippery slope that generally isolates a person.

>getting carried through the game
>samefagging

wew lad

>Why even play the game?
For fun.
>Who the fuck summons for every single mission on their first time through?
People who like co-op.

I assure you that if nobody summoned you would be bitching about how the random encounter features must be broken or some such other inane shit

Which level do I go to to farm top tier Revenants?

I just don't understand how it can be fun running through the game and having somebody else melt every enemy and every boss for you.

Seriously, both these guys aren't even playing the game half the time. I just beat Orochi with one of them and he hung back and shot him with a gun the whole fucking time. I had to beckon him over for like a minute straight to show him how to actually deal damage to the boss.

tfw far right

The reason you don't understand it is because you play video games for a different reason than the people you "don't understand".

You play video games to make you feel better about yourself, and your life.

The other people play video games for fun, and relaxation.

>Then there's the far right, who have played so much of the game that they just see co-op as fun, not as a way of advancing through levels, because that is of no issue to begin with.

That's me. I can spin to win literally everything at this point and am practically immortal at critical health but co-op is fun. So I co-op whenever I get the chance to

>At the far left, we have the complete scrubs

Just like real life.

>You will never be this conquered

Feels good senpai

>file name

>play game to fulfill gap in life
>don't understand fun
wow you must be so popular user

>How can people enjoy playing with their friends? i just dont understand!

Sad as fuck to be honest

Nice projection.

It just seems like a waste of $70 (or however much they spend in their country) to take a back seat and watch somebody else beat the game for them.

>saying he won't be conquered
>when he's the one with this much salt

I haven't unlocked mystic arts for anything but my katana and spear so I'm using a cap right now.

I unlocked Mizuchi forever ago and never touched it, I pal'd around with Paired Raiken though, best dogs.

Suzaku is really good but I'm not crazy about the passives on it.

>atlas bear
Fucking where? Sounds neat.

You're currently projecting so hard you might as well be a cinema

Somebody's projecting.