Victorian highway patrol

youtube.com/watch?v=c_he042fIAQ

I've heard they were bad, I've heard they were corrupt. Literally this type of encounter is why I drive a boring mazda 3 now, it's total bullshit getting pulled up all the time over nothing.

Other urls found in this thread:

gumtree.com.au/s-ad/elizabeth/cars-vans-utes/au-xr6-series-2-5-speed-manual-/1143890896
gumtree.com.au/s-ad/blackwood/cars-vans-utes/holden-wb-onetonner/1143845443
gumtree.com.au/s-ad/wingfield/cars-vans-utes/holden-vectra-defected/1142812404
gumtree.com.au/s-ad/salisbury-east/cars-vans-utes/vt-commodore-wreck/1140247995
gumtree.com.au/s-ad/two-wells/cars-vans-utes/bmw-e36-320i-5-speed-coilovers-etc/1139545734
gumtree.com.au/s-ad/adelaide-cbd/cars-vans-utes/mazda-eunos-30x/1133976269
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

"Am I being detained?"

This is why we shoot cops. It keeps them in line.

Why are the cops asking if he modified his car? Are car mods illegal in Australia?

that's a nice ass, officer.

also that's some extensive testing kit to be just sitting in a cruiser, is that area known for drug abuse?

It's illegal in most countries

In certain parts of Australia they have no inspections but the police have the power to order cars off the road for just about any reason they feel like making up. They can also issue a "statutory write off" to a car which basically means it can only be used for parts, used off road or exported.

all HWP have them, it's not expensive at all ($5/use or thereabouts) they also have the full blood test machines in all 280 drug buses.This is for a state with 5-6m people mind you. Worth noting their roadside tests average 1/3 positive results.

This, in all states your car can be checked and if the officers want to get you they can take the car off the road for as little as oil leaks in the engine bay, or 1+" larger wheels, or having a rollbar, or using the wrong tyre rating for a vehicle or being less than 100mm above the ground or for having too loud an exhaust.

In australia if you refuse a drug test you're admitting guilt and will be punished accordingly.

weow

Don't forget, they pick up weed in your system up to 8 days ago.

>This, in all states your car can be checked and if the officers want to get you they can take the car off the road for as little as oil leaks in the engine bay, or 1+" larger wheels, or having a rollbar, or using the wrong tyre rating for a vehicle or being less than 100mm above the ground or for having too loud an exhaust.
Yea but roll bars aren't illegal at all, they're a safety device and even then they have to justify shit like "too loud of an exhaust" and if it's only like 45db he's a fucking cunt

Also having an inch larger wheels for your car isn't illegal neither is having tires on your car that are of different rating than your car.

If it passes inspection, it's legal to drive

Oh sorry, when I read "all states" I thought he was talking about america

roll bars aren't illegal at all

They must be padded and engineered, which costs thousands.

Otherwise you could hit your head on them in a crash and your car may not deform as intended.

A rollcage/bar can easily land you with a canary

Not correct.

Cop can decide you need to pass inspection again for anything, including wheels any larger than an inch.

missing
>roll bars aren't illegal at all

Yea but if I take my Honda civic with 16 inch wheels and passed inspection, then bought 17 inch wheels and passed inspection. A fucking cop making me do an inspection a gain is so stupidly unlikely and if he's writing a ticket for my 17 inch wheels then he's gonna get flak for it

So this is why people hate cops so much

I hate it when cops flaunt their power irresponsibility by running their emergency lights just to blow red-light and stop signs and wiring tickets for frivolous shit because they didn't catch you driving drunk

Same with most countries in the world.

>and if he's writing a ticket for my 17 inch wheels then he's gonna get flak for it

>gonna get flak for it

No he's not, they literally have a quota of traffic infringements they have to meet every month.

What they're for is irrelevant.

And what's the ticket gonna say? Oh illegally running 17 inch wheels that Honda even puts on their own cars stock?

If someone makes enough ruckus over it, they'll wise up

>lemme write you a ticket for doing nothing illegal

Oh man I don't believe it

Do they not have subaru in Australia? Because the hood scoop on a forester would be illegal

Actually they don't have a quota and they don't get shit for revenue from it.

I'm talking about wheel width, there's other regulations on diameter.

I think hood scoops are ok.

Factory hood scoops are crash tested.

And yeah, australia is one of the biggest places for market penetration for subaru.

here in burgerland, they literally do have a quota

>I'm talking about wheel width, there's other regulations on diameter.
Oh man and if I don't get wide wheels and I just use one of those wheel washers or what ever it is that widens the base that'd get right by it while also fucking up the scrub radius

There's no confirmed quota for any of it. It's just a myth

in VA the state uses traffic tickets as a source of revenue, so while there is no documented quota, it does it exist for all practical reasons.

factually incorrect

Here in SA shit hit the fan when internal documents were leaked showing that officers are graded based on the number of tickets issued and being in the lower precentile was reprimandable.

You underestimate how corrupt Australia is. In any other country in the Anglosphere this shit wouldn't fly once enough people became vocal about it. But these top tier shitposters won't budge on anything

Quotas have been abolished in every state for quite a while.

This. Remember the introduction of MyKi? Any other country in the Anglo sphere would have reverted back to the old system after the unanimous backlash but noooo, not Australia. The government is always right here.

what about nieuw zeeland

>Quotas have been abolished in every state for quite a while.

SAPOL employee here, they absolutely have not been abolished.

Even detectives have minimum quotas of traffic infringements they have to meet, albeit lower.

It's a monthly quota and 90% of them are made within 5 minutes of HQ within the last week of each month.

Nah I'm actually a leaf but the things I and the rest of the world have seen that go on down there are unacceptable. At least with each passing day Australia is leaning more towards populism. I don't even believe any of this is done out of malice either. Most of this shit is done with good intentions by people who just happen to not recognize basic freedoms and democratic principles.

Kiwis are alright tho

I'm genuinely interested in seeing any more evidence you might have for this

Forgot to mention that I think it's misguided to blame or get upset with the individual police officers/departments for these things. It's literally their job not unlike mine or yours to enforce these laws in this manner no matter how unethical it may be. The laws themselves and the politicians who make them are the problem and it's your right as a citizen of the free world to try and change it.

>And what's the ticket gonna say?

The letter of the law literally allows them to defect you for anything other than factory standard wheels and the onus is on YOU to have them inspected and prove they're ADR approved if the police even suspect they're not.

How new are you to this shithole of ours and car ownership in general?

If a cop wants to make your life miserable, there is no shortage of shit they can write you up for.

Here in SA at the moment the flavour of the month is seat belt related defects.

gumtree.com.au/s-ad/elizabeth/cars-vans-utes/au-xr6-series-2-5-speed-manual-/1143890896

gumtree.com.au/s-ad/blackwood/cars-vans-utes/holden-wb-onetonner/1143845443

gumtree.com.au/s-ad/wingfield/cars-vans-utes/holden-vectra-defected/1142812404

gumtree.com.au/s-ad/salisbury-east/cars-vans-utes/vt-commodore-wreck/1140247995

gumtree.com.au/s-ad/two-wells/cars-vans-utes/bmw-e36-320i-5-speed-coilovers-etc/1139545734

gumtree.com.au/s-ad/adelaide-cbd/cars-vans-utes/mazda-eunos-30x/1133976269

Those are all seat belt related defects, and that's just the ones on Gumtree, I assure you, there are hundreds more.

and i thought us yuropoors have it tough

Jesus fucking Christ and I thought that our police is fucked up.

>Australia
>the one country where having a buss pass is appealing due to awful traffic enforcement laws

>the one country where having a buss pass is appealing due to awful traffic enforcement laws

The bus was costing me between $50-$100 a week whilst at Uni with a commute time of around 2 hours each way in the second smallest and least congested city in Aus.

Our Public transport system is even more fucked than our private vehicle ownership.

>your seat belts didn't retract fast enough for this arbitrary standard I just made up
>here's a ticket
Nuke Australia

Can't you just sue these fuckers and point out that they have no real certificate on this shit? Or did your government sent them to some seatbelts camp?

Where the fuck are any of those things illegal (other than excessive noise)?

thicc

>tfw live in Cranbourne
>tfw get pulled over all the time because JDM

Literally FUCK THE POLICE

>$50-100 a week

Nigga what the fuck? Was this before Myki? It used to cost me like $10 a week for 4 hours worth of public transport a day.

>mfw the entire world finds any reason they can to make fun of America while quietly living in literal tyranny

I didn't know Australia was that bad. The only place that even comes close is actually California which is commonly acknowledged to be the leftist shithole that it is (like most of the world apparently). Make fun of us all you want. At least I can roll coal in my lifted and straight piped 7.3 on all your bitch asses

you will never drive a skyline gtr seppo

Australia confirmed for worst automotive culture on earth

This is just Victoria where they have the Hoon laws because people don't give a fuck there and drive rusting shit heaps too fast and wipe out too many innocent people. The other states are far more cool about mods and shit

>drive german car (eg golf gti)
>never get pulled over

>drive japcrap
>get pulled over

I sold my motorcycle because of this shit.

I couldn't ride it with out the police pulling me over. Helmet inspection, papers please, i think your exhaust is too loud(it's actually stock mr. canberra police officer), I don't think your plate is visible enough, I didn't like how much you were leaning in that corner, you stood up on your foot pegs, is this bike stolen?, we don't like you using go pros on your helmet/fuel tank/handle bars, we don't like you filming us, you were riding behind another motorcycle are you a bikie?, etc

I wonder why the cops are like this? It's almost like they target easy victims just for the shekels or something

asked a friends father who is a lieutenant and yes they do have quotas in my area they have to get 21 a month

Here in Victoria, if you're on a P plate and drive anything even remotely Japanese from before 2000, you can guarantee your ass that you're going to get pulled over and fined for absolutely bullshit reasons.

It's not like your car can even have any turbo on it while on your Ps, so it's going to be a slow piece of shit and still be too fast for vic cops.

t. assmad P plater who drives a modified car and wonders why police always pull him over

Ever think of just driving a stock standard commodore or something until you get a full license?

You said it youself you can not even have a turbo so why get a 150hp econobox?

thiccccccc

Commodores are for fucking bogans, kill yourself.

And Falcons are literally the most boring car in this country.

>quotas
Making more criminals out of regular people since the Jews

Do they hate kei cars too?

>being a numale sjw poofta faggot
Bogans built Australia m8 and without them Australia is just a cheap and shitty version of America.
What is your Americanised city lifestyle supposed to be called culture or something?

This all makes me want to move to tasmania even more.

>wanting to fuck your sister
You don't have to move to tasmania to do that.