Assuming they don't rape double dipping this patch

hiroi uchyuu ni hitori dake no
kimi ga soba ni ite kureru nara
koware ta toki no hari mo yagate
yukkuri ugokidasu mirai he
kimi ha sono mamade ite

let's settle this once and for all
who is /our guy/ and who is /our girl/

So Darkscorn + Soulstrike + CI seems like a good combo. You passively reduce all incoming physical damage by 25% better than armor against big hits.

The question is whether or not to be slightly ethical by actually using it as a bow attack build or by just doing BV Poison

>free
>FREE
>free
>free
>free
>free
>free
>free
>free
>free
>free
>free

>Would this be a good League started?
"Playable on a budget of a couple exalts."

>Assuming they don't rape double dipping this patch
theyre not touching it

GOD TIER:

Shield Charge

SHIT TIER:

Everything else

>"Playable on a budget of a couple exalts."
Isn't that around 140c at best?

Phoebe walks past a furniture store and catches her reflection in a mirror palced in the windows. the name of the store? "Ursula."

You

5 challenges to go to get 12 before the league ends. Is it possible?

I'm going for Finishing Normal (kek), vendor recipes (need chaos and vaal), masters and the other 2 I don't know.

who /tidebreaker/ next league here

Reminder that FB totems into vspark is the objectively best league starter assuming no massive nerfs to either skill

>You passively reduce all incoming physical damage by 25%
A white titanium spirit shield passively reduces all incoming attacks (of physical nature or not) by 25%
>Soul Strike + BV
I'm sure that faster start of energy shield recharge comes in handy when you're a melee build

Alkaizer is effortlessly cool

Reminder that playing unethical builds conditions you to being a shitter

Learn to play the game and you'll be able to enjoy your own build instead of competing with 10k other sheep playing the exact same build as you

no

>trying very hard for some footprints

>kek

Are Hybrid defenses even a thing?
Does anyone even use hybrid armor or is it all or nothing?

CwC + anything is a terrible "league starter"
try it in Dried Lake and you'll understand why

mapping build != boss killer build

it's like asking if Viper Strike is a good "leaguer starter", are you retarded?

vspark is unethical build

You need to invest heavily in physical damage (not attack damage) and spell damage for physical spells to work out.
Since everyone and trheir cat is running Blade Vortex, I say it's possible, but then that shit is broken af

I tried it once and it's actually not bad because armor doesn't help much against big hits anyway
Plus the gear is cheap which is nice

You're right. I shouldn't even bother. I don't even use those I have.

>Are Hybrid defenses even a thing?
Yes, as long as you know what you're doing

looks royalty-tier inbred

what Hybrid did you try?
Seriously asking because I like the idea of Hybrid classes in most RPGs

>Having to invest in physical damage
The whole reason people complain is that you can invest nothing and still do more damage than someone who invested for a attack build.

how much damage do you get from the ziggydee belt?

>Wrath is a lightning aura
>Anger is a fire aura
>they mean the exact same thing in English

could i theoretically stay in the top 10 SSF HC by farming nothing but dried lake?

my ultrasecret 2h viper strike build will be the top of ssfhc, wait and see plebs

That looks pretty neat actually. How difficult was it to itemize?

yeah there wont be more than 10 people playing

Armor evasion
Mostly tried it because I had a 5 link drop in the right colors on day 1
It's not bad at all, you wind up with enough armor where the same things are scary whether you had another 2k armor or not

repostan
>Favorite skill is firestorm
>Haven't played in a long time, since awakening
>New skill is swordy firestorm, bladefall
Is it good enough to build around?

Reading the rest of the thread, apparently firestorm is unethical? Why is it? It was good but wasn't the best when I was using it. What changed?

for the first 3 days, maybe

how many dried lakes can you run while someone runs a single t10 map though?

skin of the loyal and granite/jade flasks
works better if you're a pathfinder

Is one of the best skills of the game viable? Who knows.

See and follow-up

SSF will have problems shaping atlas quickly without trade so Shaped Strand farming will take longer to get going.

>apparently firestorm is unethical?
it is not. use it. top tier leveling skill

Neat, with Raider you can get decent dodge if you want w/o need to spec Acro/Phase Acro. Wear Atziri Steps, get Quarts Flask, add Hinekora ammy and w/ V. Grace on you cap Spell Dodge and get around 60% dodge.

you dont know how things work so stfu

Assuming the maximum reasonable AoE you can get in 2.6 is equal to about 40-50% increased radius now, which skills become less viable/shitty to play?

Rolling Flames fireball? Flameblast? EQ? What else?

and it will take even longer if you stay in dried lake like a clown and don't build up your map pool, because you can't shortcut atlas progression by buying maps later, your point? vsparking dried lake is a viable strategy in a trading league, not so much in a SSF league

>MUH DRIED LAKE

If that happened non-prolif flameblast would definitely be shit for normal map clears but I don't think that's likely.

Probably they will need to click twice per map instead current once, so #muhclear speed will drop by 50%.
>Fireblast is obviously not viable anymoire after severe nerf in 2.6 path

We are bunch of clowns, thatt's what we are

it can double dip in multiple ways

its unethical and immoral to use it

what if you use elemental focus firestorm

more multipliers are pretty unethical
an ethical build only uses increased modifiers

you can still poison with it using chaos convo

nothing bad, firestorm doesnt benefit from stat. aliments (at the rate that's worth mentioning at least)

It'll be viable, but literally everything is viable. It just won't be great.

>being this late to the meta

FB totems ele
Fire Nova Sab
SRS Necro

AOE nerf most likely will hurt Fire Nova leveling making it slightly less safe and its not easy to do shaper and guardian with a first build of the league but t1-15 map clearing are super easy with basic gear.

FB Totems I have never done but Totem builds tend to be not fun to play for me. Really think its very solid first build of the league however.

SRS with melee splash buff might really help clear speed a lot and its pretty easy to gear but the top end is kinda shitty.

Bladefall is kinda okayish, it deals physical damage which is effective, it used to be much stronger in comparison to Firestorm but various changes ans ascendancies have made it less desirable in the current patch, namely it's hurt a lot by its terrible cast time which makes it clunky to use

One way to bypass this is to use the new CwC support which is equivalent to a ton of cast speed and does not have a less damage multiplier like Spell Echo which makes it ideal for Wither CwC poison shenanigans.
Unfortunately, Bladefall doesn't have a duration tag so it's not really "physical Firestorm" and you have to waste a support for poison, whereas Wither CwC Firestorm with 2x Consuming Dark get a free poison link, can scale with duration, and you can use EO for a free x1.4 damage multiplier

Currently Bladefall is like t2, borderline t1 if you go something like Scourge Necro and damage starts to become acceptable but that locks it out of being a proper league starter skill

I'm really considering SRS this league. Seems like it's the only thing besides single target melee that will come out of this AoE change ahead of where it is now.

got me, most of my knowledge was fresh about 2.0-2.2 pathes

Bladefall is T1 if you're using mines/traps instead of casting it.

Not really, the infrequent damage is terrible in breaches and you can't leech, trappers are a terrible idea in Legacy

Flame surge is ethical

is it ethical because its bad?

SRS is p op as a league starter since you can literally get a 6 link +2 on day 1

dunno about traps, but bf mines literally clear red map breaches like its nothing

this applies to any skill scaling with gem level that has an elemental tag, bravo

>Frostbolt is p op as a league starter since you can literally get a 6 link +2 on day 1
suddenly doesn't sound that intelligent anymore

>you can literally get a 6 link +2 on day 1

explain

use ele focus and dont convert. it's fine. esp for leveling which is an ethics free zone

SHOTGUN-MS

can bow phys relict of a raider use them too? w./o single node or mod for traps/dot/chaos/etc?
You know, just to keep mobs busy and hurt while I'll be legolasing shit out of them

I think he might be talking about The Dark Mage div card farm. Overgrown Shrine drops them, Chamber of Sin 1 and 2 drop them and I think overgrown ruin.

Orb of storms is ethical

no

no, bf mines need you be somewhat around packs and moving a lot

Interesting, but I was wondering more about Hybrid defenses involving Energy Shield, especially Evasion and ES.

not sure how that translates to a 6l on day 1
the only 6L people get on day 1 is a tabula

oh yeah i see so spend the first few days of the league farming low level zones for a small chance at a 6link staff for a marginal increase in damage which isn't even necessary until you reach t12+ maps yeah sounds like a fantastic plan i'll definitely get into the top 10 doing that

retard niggers in this thread still don't know about shrieking essence of rage

For srs you can also farm/buy the porcupine then trans+alt it until you get reduced stat req to make coloring easier and then essence of rage it

it doesnt. poster is a tard. flora's gift is farmable in under an hour tho

Haste, unlike its vaal counterpart, is ethical

Im telling u, where the hell all these fresh meat build up so strong belief that they need 6l starting from late 50lvls...
they think that they are smart at it but its so toxic demand...

>The Porcupine can drop in the following world areas: The Hedge Maze on Merciless difficulty
Oh yeah because I could TOTALLY see the playerbase farming that one area for you to buy the cards from, you freaking IDIOT

they're shitcrows. they've never actually progressed through the game

your post read like a stroke

>GGG hasn't released anything about the rebalanced uniques
Is Chris Wilson from Grinding Gear Games a retard or what? How is anyone supposed to plan a build around this shit?

the difficulty jump from a3 into a4 in normal is so drastic its unrealistic to expect normal players, even if they are somewhat experienced, to be able to make it without a 6l

There are only 3 uniques up on the announcement page...

pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1834597

Unique rebalance is going to determine which builds will be very strong.

how does chris wilson even breathe

I've played a decent amount of Diablo 3, but I'm looking to give POE a try. I'm at level 30 on my first ranger and its going ok-ish, but I have a bunch of questions about the game that aren't really answered in any of the new player guides I've read. A lot of my questions will compare against Diablo 3 for reference, not because I'm hating on POE, but because it's the only game of the genre that I've played before.
Questions:
What are the gear/level benchmarks for this game? I.E., I started a seasonal D3 character a couple days ago and by level 20, I had had four legendary drops and was full yellow geared. In comparison, on my level 30 ranger, I currently only have five yellow items (jewelry and 2 armor pieces), rest blues, with no unique drops. At what points in POE (on average) should I be fully blue geared, fully yellow geared, and when should unique items start dropping?
Loot drop rates: In D3, whenever I kill a blue pack, yellow monster or a unique, I usually get a blue or yellow drop. However, in my experience with POE so far, over half of the yellow, blue and uniques I've killed have dropped no loot or just whites. Have I just been super unlucky, or is loot just harder to come by in POE? At what rate should I expect to get gear upgrades (on average)?
At what rate should I be receiving skill gems, and how should I be getting them? In D3, you just get skills/runes/passives per level. In POE so far, the only gems I've gotten have been from quest rewards, which can lead to long wait times, or sometimes from monster drops. However, the majority of the drops have been unusable by my build. How often should I be getting new skill gems, and are there other ways of acquiring them that I'm missing out on?

Is there a way to expand my inventory? I find myself wanting to pick up a lot of loot to sell, since I'm new to the game and have no currency, but I can usually only pick up 10ish pieces before I have to teleport back.

You have to go back