Pricing on Bike???

Hey guys. My brother was a car salesman and he told me how sleazy auto sales can be.

I'm looking for pic related. I'm not a business savy guy mind you, but I'm good at saving my money.

I want to buy a Honda 2017 cbr300 tomorrow. And I want to pay it monthly. The motorcycle is only 5,000.00 dollars.

If I have a PERFECT credit score. How much should I be paying realistically a month for that cheap bike? I can't imagine it would be more than 100 dollars a month.

Why are you buying a beginner bike new when you'll drop it in a week and fuck the fairings up?

Also there are things called loan payment calculators you can find on a wonderful website called Google, you should go there sometime, and after that you can search for traps, that might be up your ars alley.

You shouldn't be financing what is essentially a toy is what you should be doing.

For $5k you could have all kinds of decent used learner bikes. SV650's, NInja 650's etc. plus enough left over for your next bike (which you will want, trust me).

CBR300's themselves are shit, literally '08-'12 Ninja 250 tier shit. Every other 300 is better, whether it's the Ninja or R3 or whatever.

Even if you HAD to have a CBR300 for the love of god buy a used one so you don't suffer the depreciation of a new vehicle or pay $5k+ for horseshit on wheels.

tl;dr CBR300 a shit, save up and buy a used SV650 instead

Why do you assume he will certainely drop the bike ?
I've started on a R1 (2006) at 21yo, never ever dropped a bike, not even once, why would he ?

I won't drop it because I've been riding a Ninja 250 2006 for 4 years, but it's falling apart on me and that's why I'm dropping it. I'm perfectly fine with the small size, and MPG.

I cannot afford a newer more expensive bike. And I'm not going to buy used anything unless the HONDA or Kawasaki Dealer itself has used bikes that it could sell with a full guarantee, even then I want and need a reliable bike for transportation, not one that might start giving me problems, so I want a new one.

Hey if someone can point me to a brand new one with the engine 500cc and up for 5,000 then let me know.

>can't afford a more expensive bike
>buying new

>wants new one
>can only afford a couple of specific models and thus has to choose between those

What's so hard to understand?

Why not buy used? You can make your dollar stretch much further than financing something out of pure necessity.

>inb4 hurr all used bikes are shit

Don't buy a shit one then, it's on you to choose wisely.

Because he'll be paying more financing a bike than buying something older.

Which is just retarded if he's trying to save money.

>Going from a 250 to a 300 after 4 years of riding
>and wants it new

Yes you are retarded.

FFS reread the OP, he said he isnt savyy that way and wants it new to avoid all headaches. Quit projecting your own clumsy poorfag experiences onto OP

>waaah poorfag because you're recommending an alternate option the OP

You must be 18 to browse Veeky Forums.

If OP isn't mechanically savvy then take whatever bike he looks at to a bike mechanic for an inspection, let them figure out if it's a turd.

Still works out cheaper to get a couple of bikes inspected and buy a good one than to finance $5k on a CBR300 plus interest.

You're going to have headaches with newer bikes, if you can't into basic maintenance.

Keeping a 03 Suzuki that's in ok shape or anything else is no harder than keeping a new bike running.

On most jap bikes: Lube the chain on a regular basis, change the tires periodically, stick to valve adjustment schedule and make sure the oil is changed regularly and topped off, is pretty much all you have do within the first 50k miles.

Okay assholes, let's say I get the Yahama R3 which is also 5000, how much should I expect to pay monthly with financing?

Do we look like a financial calculator?

Have you even read this thread?

>buying 300
>buying new
>buying new 300
lul kill urself

>being broke

Lul

Buy something used. I got an 80s shitbike as my first. I was trying to put it on the centerstand for the first time and it tipped away from me. I laughed, picked it up, and put it on the centerstand.
If you buy something new you'll just go crying to dbt when you fuck up.

OP here. I've already used an used bike for a long time. I figured I want something new for a change. And to top it off, the most important reason for my choice in 300s is mpg because of my constant driving in the city.

>wasting money on stupid bullshit
>thinks $5k is real money
just mail the money to me, and i'll dispose of it for you

>wants fuel efficiency in the city
>doesnt get a supermoto
why are you here

Because I don't like those either.
This place is even more autistic than /k/ when it comes to choosing the right guns lol

>has a choice of bigger bikes
>chooses 300cc
>financing new bike
>calls others autistic

It's not going to be "only" $5k It's going to be closer to $6k once the tax and fees are all done.

How much is your downpayment? Your credit rating only matters for the APR %

I have a choice for a brand new bike? Really? Can you show me where I can get a bigger and better bike for the same amount? Brand new of course since that is my main concern

No down payment. Figured I didn't need one. My credit is 850, I was able to get a car with no down payment

>asking how much his payment will be
>doesn't quote the APR he is paying
>doesn't quote applicable sales taxes

Buy new, drive it out the dealership and lose 20%+ of the bike value immediately. Why the obsession with new?

Jesus christ

You aren't going to pay anywhere close to $100

Presumably he's convinced all used bikes are shit because his particular one went to shit and wants to buy new because he can just afford it.

>Buying a brand new overpriced CBR300
>When you have been riding a Ninja 250 for 4 years
>Paying $5k+ for it when technically it isn't even an upgrade
>Not putting any downpayment
>Has amazing credit so can't even use the building credit excuse

This HAS to be a troll thread

These are levels of autist we dont even see in /dbt/

Get an insurance quote first. A bigger bike will eat you alive to insure. The CBR300 is a good bike.

Cheap motorcycle insurance goes for like 400 bucks a year.

I have seen based on personal conclusions than new bikes are much more cheaper than equivalent cars, but they are more expensive compared to equivalent cars since the used market is not so huge.