Hey Veeky Forums

What is the most reliable car of all time?

Other urls found in this thread:

reliabilityindex.com/top-100
youtube.com/watch?v=AkeR9IWkJKE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

probably some sort of hilariously simple american gm car.
the simpler, the less can go wrong

Toyota corolla

ur mom lol

Or maybe a Maserati biturbo

For drivetrain:
Old diesel Mercedes
Volvo redblock slant-4
Most American V8s
GM Iron Douk inline-4

Have to say something from Toyota or maybe Nissan/Datsun.

Had A 2001 Toyota Camry with a 4 cylinder. Bought it slightly used (15K miles). Had to replace two things (minus the typical lights, wipers, brakes, etc) in 13 years: a timing belt and a fuel pump. Sold it in 2013 with 188K miles. Sold it to a kid going to college and last I hear, she had passed the 250K mark and not a damn thing has ever went out.

>no mention of Volvo 240

Seriously Veeky Forums what the fuck

>Volvo redblock slant-4

kek'd

>forgetting bmw straight 6s before vanoss
>Forgetting the BMW M60 v8

Those were un killable. Except in the e36 with shitty cooling systems. Once those were fixed they were bullet proof.

Chrysler slant six?

3k civic

>Old diesel Mercedes
Yup.
>Volvo redblock slant-4
Nope.
>Most American V8s
Nope, lol.
>GM Iron Douk inline-4
The fuck you smoking mate?

Volvo redblock.
Yes, and if you don't understand why maybe you should learn.

+1 for camry, friend of mine drove it in uni got it from his aunt the OG owner, all the miles came from either her driving it through the desert near Camarillo or from him taking it from their up to Sacramento, went to 250k without ever opening the motor up

>most American v8s not reliable
I can only name one that wasnt and that was the Northstar
>GM iron duke unreliable
You must be fucking autistic
>reblock
ya ur retarded

well, you can rely on them breaking down tbqh

Mitsubishi Lancer. Not even memeing.
reliabilityindex.com/top-100

Obviously it wasn't a complete list although I hate myself for forgetting the Slant-6.

(you)

>I can only name one that wasnt and that was the Northstar
Oldsmobile diesel 350, any GM V8 with Optispark.

>GM
>ever not cutting corners

Lada

Geo Metro?

Is actually a Suzuki

still GM :^)

no

maybe weatherproof you mean.
durability is a no.

My 240 had 470k miles on it when I pulled the engine, still ran fine nothing wrong with it, just wanted a bigger motor in it.

Main issue with 240's is the lack of power, everything else pretty much just works.

>Volvo redblock
>Not reliable

You need to be at least 18 years old to post here user.

Pretty much yeah, non turbo models are fucking gutless, turbo redblocks can be ok tho

W123 or Volvo 240

You could put a stroker kit in it to at least make it a little less gutless, i know there are 2.5 liter OEM stoker kits out for it.

in my experience it's a tie between the hardbody and eg/dc/ek line of hondas. seriously look at this mileage.

I work at a scrapyard. Highest mileage coming in are old honda d series and gm ecotec engines.

old diesel mercs and vw/audi NA 1.6 and 1.9 diesels

t.europoor

>Nissan/Datsun
no.
t. huge nissan and datsun enthusiast

You posted it, senpai.

>I work at a scrapyard

So you're uniquely unqualified to post about reliable high mileage cars still on the road. Great. Thanks for the post.

>I reddit space.
ought to go back, m8

What?

my regal is shit, but i love it 151k miles and idk how its still running

lurk more

you mean lurk moar? summerfag piece of shit.

wow, you really got me there

VW Golf.

Solid, all round hatchback with German build quality.

Is everyone in this thread a fucking retard? Anything with a 22R /thread

Dunno about the commiedoors, but the falcon taxis in Melbourne get over 1,000,000 kms. They're fleet cars though so I guess you don't really know how much work they've had to do, but it's still pretty impressive. A million kilometers of the worst possible types of driving.

Currently going strong at ~240k miles.

unimpressive tbqh

>with German build quality
kek, you say that as if it's a good thing

these things never break

Suzuki isn't GM though, they just had a deal to sell certain Suzukis under GM brands

ANYTHING with a 22re

Seriously, the 2.0 just keeps fucking going.

Also Volvo Amazon/140/1800. Anything with the B18 and B20 engine. The whole car will rust apart long before the engine gives up.

Power train is good, but the electronics can be hit or miss as well as body mechanics (hinges, springs, rails, cables, so forth)

t. Owner of 3 240s

these guys get it

My vote goes to the landcruiser troopy. Does taxi mileage, but offroad and without the regular service and constant duty cycles that taxis are blessed with. They even used to make these fuckers with an NA diesel for maximum apocalypse reliability.

Top Gear said it was a Toyota pick up; no matter what they did to it, it started every time.

I wouldn't use "durable" in the same sense as "reliable"

this bitch is just craving cock

It still runs so that you can continue to feel the shame of driving it.

1.8T, fucken rips still with 214k on it. I would pull up on you spoolin my turbo and shit on your old garbage v8 and if u had a girl wit u she'd leave with me cuz i'm pullin up Audi and u just got a Ford lol

baka

>audi

Top gear is a scripted comedy show, not an actual source of information about cars

kek

agreed

Volvo 240/740/940

Yes, but 80's/90's diesel Hiluxes are reliable as fuck. The factory I do IT at still uses them to haul stuff around.

Your insane, actually no sorry, you're just not Russian. Nothing about those cars are reliable, they made German cars look reliable by comparison in the 90s.

bet you don't even own one, scrub.

In my experience the most reliable engines are the old N/A diesel Mercedes or Toyota. This engines without direct injections or turbos just never die.

My 22r started burning more oil than gas at 180k, had to rebuild it.
Also timing chain guides are known to break which eats into a water passage in the timing cover which destroys the engine.
22r is a meme motor, just like 4age, all meme motors.

Nissan tsuru

LS400, hands down. I can't believe nobody has posted this yet.

Ford Kent engine

>LS400
>posts LS430

>worst possible types of driving

Except that cold starts is harsh af and those things were rarely turned off

>being this wrong

Just because your obsolete platform got overcarried and dumbed down in your 3rd world country for 25 years doesnt make it reliable, Pedro. Also enjoy your 25mph crumple zone failures while crashing against a donkeys on the road.

What about these things?

As someone who works for the post office I can tell you these break down on an almost daily basis. Granted they are about 15 years past their intended life span now.

Not trying to shill but honestly CVPI

Volkswagen new beetle 1g

ISU-152 OP
>ran when parked
youtube.com/watch?v=AkeR9IWkJKE

Lol no

>Iron Poop engine from 30 years ago
>probably making all of 50 HP today

It's a Suzuki, you nigger.

Yeah, you can reliably count on it being very unreliable

kek

the 2.0 has no nuts, but I will say it's extremely reliable.