/ovg/ - We're on page 10 holy shit edition

Welcome to Auto Vidya General, the place to talk about racing games

Previous Thread: Our Wiki will answer every question you could possibly have. All frequently asked questions can easily be found on the main page itself:
>get-good.net

Swing by our Mumble server and introduce yourself!
>Mumble IP: mumble.get-good.net
>Port: 64738

Join the /ovg/ group on Steam!
>steamcommunity.com/groups/ovgonsteam

Equipment Guide
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uLKMbKwweUZ3QvFeNs8UeycZbDyo0McxGj7T6uTaTNo/edit#gid=0

We're racing on the weekends. Check out our Google doc for more info!
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RnAQr3pQpQM
youtube.com/watch?v=b8B36_hd0oU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

youtube.com/watch?v=RnAQr3pQpQM
next gen physics

YES

Are the Grid games after the first any good?

Who else /lastpersononearthplayingthecrew/ here?

the crew has like 3 cars that aren't muscle cars or super cars, right? i like shitboxes

In order to download this, Japan IP address is necessary.

Golf GTI, Focus RS, Mini Cooper S and Countryman, Caddy Eldorado, Chrysler 300
There are also some trucks and SUVs like the F-150, Silverado, and X6

Yes

They're okay but honestly not even close to being as good.

Any non shit rallies to play?
And no, SHiT rally and 4, shitbastian loer rally, WRShit 6, Shitchard Burns and Rally championshit 2000 are not good, so stop memeing me.

tarmac rally in rfactor and ac is all that is left after that list ime

Please give examples of what you want that all of those do not deliver.

Yes, if you apply the fixes. If you have multiple input, get the tool from the Steam forum. Otherwise limit your FPS to 60 with a external tool (not vsync), set your wheel rotation to 540 in-game but 900 in whatever wheel profiler you have. Also you need to calibrate your wheel and pedals every time you start the game. You do that by rebinding them in-game.

have you tried xpand shit xtreme yet?

vrally 3 on pc

That looks fine and all, but does the rear wheel pop out when you hitting a hard obstacle with it at speed?
Or does the bumper detach on the opposite side?

This is very important

Flakes are cool

Your answer.

XTREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEME

noice

>spare tire doesnt look remotely similar to the ones on the car
next

>sunseeker

now i feel sad cause rallye sunseeker is dead

I am
I play it almost daily

Will we get to make our custom skins for the MX5 Cup or will someone make a skinpack like with the GT86s

whats up with japs and their obsession with pudding? is this some national quirk?

SERIES WHEN

>Will we get to make our custom skins
No because it's just a sunday series and only 5 races long. If you want to race a specific skin in AC you need to do booking and that adds a whole new level of shit you have to deal with. Not having this makes it more accessible for everyone to hop on and join the fun.
>will someone make a skinpack like with the GT86s
No because there's already a decent amount of variety in stock content. With GT86's there was only basic colours.

I'd love to make a skin for MX-5 as well because it's a meme car anyway, but it's better this way.

Are there any rf1 free roam tracks you can race the ai on?

Test faggots

>tumblr
>not rum raisin

Can't you pick your skin from car chooser before entering the race? It wouldn't be "safe" since anyone can take your skin, but adding more cars to the race with stock skins on the top of the server should prevent people from accidental private skin pick

>AC

Carbon fiber is cooler

No, you can't. It's either booking, or you can ask people to give their Steam IDs and configure the server to tie each player to a car. This is what I'm doing in GV300 so everyone has their favorite color.

That looks nice, is the carbon fiber just a texture or did you edit map file?

This got multiplayer today do any of you guys have it?

>four letter title
When will this meme die?

I think GRAVEL ended the meme

how too driv feriri fast assto corsa?

I think you're to smart to do that.

mek car stff rip as kid cnut

is it good?

It seems fun from what I played on my own

go skll lrn 2 drv v fst

agred

Matte is the shit

I dont remember the details as i painted it a year ago, but i do think it was a map file

What (((simulator))) racing game should i get? i've only really played the Formula 1 games on a pad, but i now got the money for a wheel and all.
Open wheel or gt, anything goes

asscorsa

there is also great paid mod for rf1 called automobilista, shame that public multiplayer is relatively dead compared to ac

anything this shitstain of a general plays online

SHiT Rally

Yeah it's fun

lmao it looks like shit. Are you supposed to drive a mars rover around or something?

>drive the GT3s for ovgtp
>drive the ugt3 cars again
>they feel like shit

damnit.

i know this is a joke but have you not played rollcage lol.
and i've had it since early release. after they fixed the steering (long time ago) it's great fun
couch co-op and now it has mp
the in game music is dnb btw not that gay ass dubstep from the store page trailer

still looks like shit no matter how you say it.

Sporkpill me on James

has anyone had the chance to try MP? how is it and how does it work? Thanks in advance

Glorious GTSport Closed Beta post.

I'm actually driving the ft1, but love the Shit-u-bit-mi

>Lan Evo X
>2017

why

Because it's the latest EVO, even if it is old, and is still reasonably quick these days.

Because

>911's

Plz be true

Because Evo is kill. Hoping in a couple years Nissan and Mitsubishi will make something great together.

Shame about the grass texture filtering.

Any recs for a racing game on ps4 out right now?
My favorite of all time is Burnout Revenge. I also liked Paradise City and Most Wanted so I'd like something similar to that. Cops on your ass, bumping other cars. Etc.

To be fair it is out of focus on the track cam. Hoping it'll be polished on actual release.

>cars are super detailed and this dude cares about the shit you don't drive on.
Are you gonna be upset that all the spectators will wear bland clothes with generic faces and do the same 3 animations?

>not driving on the grass
Non pro driver detected

Got this when it was free last autumn, played it for like a week then got busy with college stuff lol. It's still a cool game though.

>To be fair it is out of focus on the track cam
OOF areas are make or break for photorealism.

>Are you gonna be upset that all the spectators will wear bland clothes with generic faces and do the same 3 animations?
No, because they rarely unavoidably ruin a shot.

Is /ovg/ ded?

Pls respond

>ps4
There's nowt. Especially not like what you want.

Any NFS unfortunately
The Crew

Dumb question, but I started playing initial D at a Round 1. Is there any honest difference between the cars? Driving an FD and a GC8 STI I had pretty much the same experience.

Also considering it's initial d, I'm playing it right by just shifting down into 4th or 3rd and screeching around the corner rather than actually braking, right

race with this wen youtube.com/watch?v=b8B36_hd0oU

theres actually a speed penalty coming out of the corner if you enter it faster than whatever limit the game has for that corner, as well as for hitting walls. youll feel your car bog down and not accelerate as quick as it should be if you do enter it too fast.

Is it even possible to play this with a gamepad?

absolutely, i'm thoroughly mediocre when driving in /ovgt86/ but it is playable

Alright. Which Porsche pack should I get?

that is a subjective choice and no matter which one you get you'll still be locked out of servers

Yes it is, though it's not as easy to go fast like in rfactor

>driving FD on toegay in assetto corsa
>wondering why it drives like a wet noodle
>wheel/alignment settings are all wrong
>discover it's physically impossible to input factory settings
>question whether or not I should bring this up on Kunos forums

Stefano's going to tell me that I don't have any idea how the car I've owned for 6 years actually handles, isn't he? Steam should really start honoring refunds for things you've got 100+ hours in. This fuck does not deserve anyone's money.

Well and bought the.jap pack and the 3rd Porsche one.
Waiting for download in now

bring it up on the forum senpai though it could be that the specific japanese version ingame has different settings

after the honeymoon phase i find myself using the gt3rs and the new rsr the most
this, make a thread

what game is that and is it fun?

essential ovg-core?

Even if the Spirit R has slightly different settings, I can't fathom that they'd be so different that the car drives more like a Viper than an FD.

My FD runs factory settings and is much more planted when accelerating out of corners than any setting possible ingame allows for, even when driving on semislicks.