Honda thread

Let's have a nice, friendly discussion about Hondas. Post yours, post ones you like, or whatever.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9Wc_q_4blyw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Hondas are gay.

says the kid who probably still plays runescape and only listens to his father brag about his 1984 Camerah

The ep3 is maximum comfy on the inside but bland enough on the outside that people won't get all weird about it like they will with popular Honda/Acura.

It's a shame some people got shitty silver plastic instead of carbon fiber accents inside.

Here's my gayboy machine. Im still proud of what I've built tho.

Em2 is also comfy but all 7th gen gets generally overlooked

EM2s are ghey tho
EM1 is love

I like the ep3. My cousin has one (pic related) and I've driven it extensively. It has a gutless engine but handles nicely. I would love drive one thats not stock, I bet it would do great in AutoX.

I want to buy a new car, but Honda stopped making things worth buying and it's sad.

I love the Hondas I already have though.

Are my Acuras welcome here?

I loved the 2001 sedan I had in high school, it was slow as balls and had like 250k miles but with a stick it wasn't too boring and felt like a go kart. I had another one after that one got passed to my brother that was a 2005, great condition, but it got totaled a few years ago otherwise. Great little cars IMO.

I owned an EP3 for 3 days. I kinda wish I would have kept it. It was a cool car.

I love the interior to death. To be honest, I also love the exterior. I know most people don't, but something about it is so pretty to me.
Yeah, just another 40 horses would be very nice. It's not like it struggles up hills or anything, but you sure won't win any races in it.

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of the new Hondas.
Acuras are Hondas, yep. I'd love a clean old Integra, something about them is very cool to me.
At first I just liked the transmission, interior, and suspension, but over the past year I've really fallen in love with the whole car. Except the engine.

Suzuki > Honda

Did you Americans ever get any Type R's?

For bikes I agree. I had an old gsxr 650 that I used to whip around Maine. Thing was loud as hell, overheated in traffic, and no end of fun.

None of the best ones. We're getting the new one though...yippee.

Why doesn't Honda make a fucking rwd car. I know those chinks could do it

Because they are expensive to make. And it's like you just totally ignored the S2000 and NSX

You're on Veeky Forums, don't expect people to make claims based on anything other than bias.
>hurhurhur less cylinders = bad
>rwd is the only drive even in states with lots of rain and snow
>WTF is MPG and y do u care??

>clean AF Integra and a classic NSX
HNNNNG

How many miles do you have on them? My Integra has 158k and it runs pretty good.

>hmong car thread
KYS

If they resurrected the Integra and made it RWD with the original B18C engine I'd buy that shit so quick.

i bet you'll buy any model saying Integra hmong boy.

go back to >>>/hg/, quit making threads outside of your shitty general

The teg has 265k miles on it but I swapped the engine for a 9.6:1 B20 a few months ago and rebuilt the trans with carbon synchros. It's not as clean as that picture suggests, it has lots of bindo and the paint has orange peel since I sprayed it myself and don't really care enough to wetsand and buff it out. Yours looks super clean though, a quick trip to a PDR guy should have it looking perfect.

NSX has 93k miles and is bone stock, I'm currently installing paint protection film on it so I don't have to kill my self over swirls.

If OP wants a calm thread with civilized discussion I could see why he wouldn't want to use /hg/, every single recurring general/daily on this board is garbage.

The only decent ones tend to be /mg/ and /bmw/ (go figure) because /mg/ has a lot for people to talk about (Miata owners are also the least cancerous ownerbase I've seen excluding NAs) and /bmw/ is only made when people want to talk about the cars, threads like /hg/ are full of attention whoring and circlejerking and as a result, the attention whores make sure there's always one up so they can keep using it to blog.
/ramble

you know what, thank you for your well thought out post, let's keep this thread going. yea I've heard that most generals are just pure cancer

>tfw its impossible to find an unmolested ep3 in Ontario

Em1 is lame get an ej.

Nice, how was swapping out the engine anyways? Been thinking about swapping out the lethargic B18B1 for a B18C (sucks having an LS), and I've been wanting to get an idea of how hard it'll be and what it'll entail.

You have an entire containment thread/general for this, which most other brands don't get.

There, I said something nice.

>didn't read through the whole thread before posting this

Work at a muffler shop in Texas. Get Hondas from the 90s with over 250k miles often. And that ain't nothing. The cars don't die. I always brag on them a little bit to the customer. They love hearing it.

>waah, someone didn't give my motorized shopping cart more attention than it deserves

>keeps thread alive by giving me that juicy (you)
thanks user

Well most of the threads on here are garbage too. Honestly, I should just go to a honda forum. Oh wait they're all dead.

It's extremely difficult

Why don't Hondaposters use bright, HDR promo photos in the op like toyshills?? Come on now

I wish it had a 6-speed and that definitely wasn't the best iteration of the K20. I daily drove a 2011 Civic Si sedan for about 2 years and that was probably my favorite car I have ever owned. it was kinda that whole "I'd rather drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow" thing but I'd just rag on that thing day after day and it never gave a fuck. with a tune and a header I pissed off a lot of Subaru drivers too.

I'm never on the highway so I really like the 5 speed. I haven't done anything to the engine yet, what I'd really like is to drop a TSX engine in there and get like 350 allmotor HP.

>finally taken new pic of car
>max file size allowed is 4 MB
Fuck it. 1995 GSR reporting in, 126k original miles, bone stock

Clean AF

EP3s are gay. I would know, I own one.

EP3s are such an undesired, yet strangely popular chassis. Moment you put on the Type R spoiler, sideskirts, every hondafag in town notices you.

Love 'em. Only think I'd change is the engine.

2008 Honda Civic 2.2 I-CDTI
It hace an unique design, it looks like a fucking spaceship especially with the dashboard and those light bars. And it is marvellous to drive. Very precise and good adhesion, nervous engine. I love it.

I would love to someday do a K24 bottom end with the compression bumped up, and a K20Z3 head to rev it to the moon as well as the Z3 LSD 6-speed. but I'd have to put it into a clean EK hatch shell.

some day.

if you have to ask, this is correct
if you have time and patience to troubleshoot, have lots of money for parts, have redone the wiring in a car before, know how to fabricate mounts and other parts, have extensive knowledge of the geometry you must achieve, have extensive knowledge of the interchangeability of different parts, have fully rebuilt an engine before, already have all of the tools you need, know how to hoist an engine, and have years of knowledge you've attained from irl repairs and maintenance, then again

this is correct

Muh meme machine. Had it almost two years and it's been great. Only major maintenance was a timing belt and head gasket last November. Just basic upgrades otherwise.

pic related - i got the tsx motor in my fa5. quite a bit more fun than the k20 I'll say

you're not gonna hit 350 all motor though - worlds fastest all motor 8th gen makes like 330 and that has about 10-15 grand under the hood. just boost it, I'd say

youtube.com/watch?v=9Wc_q_4blyw

>K24 bottom end with the compression bumped up, and a K20Z3 head

kek, that's exactly what's in my basement and shed right now

>k24a8 block
not assembled yet, but I have the rest of the stuff on hand:
>k24a2 crank
>carillo pro a beam rods
>wiseco 12.5:1 pistons
>modified prb oil pump

pic related is the head which is fully built and ready to go
>k20z3 head
>skunk2 stock spec valves
>supertech valvetrain - 92lb springs
>drag cartel 3.2 cams

80% agree with you. EP3 should have came with the K20a2, not our inferior a3.

Put on a front lip, rear CTR spoiler, HFP rear bumper lip, transforms the look of the car.

Just got a 2006 civic si coupe. its bone stock but i was thinking of getting flashpro. is it worth it on a stock engine or should i get i/h/e first?

04 crv here. it has 197000 miles also a 2012 pilot. Thinking of buying a third car but continuing to beat down the miles on the crv. I have 112 mile commute and depreciation is a bitch. The pilot just had to have the steering rack replaced at 45000 miles. Honda America picked up 1500 dollars of it because they thought it should not have happened. Outside of warranty and everything. The only shitty thing is most of their vehicles are boring now.

does ANYONE KNOW if d15b2 (forged) rods will even fit a jesus flying fucking christ d15b7 with stock replacement ebay pistons?>

i heard you have to notch the block etc.

they should fit. are you not able to compare the dimensions of the b2 rods with the b7's?

Was going to put a Progress 22 mm RBS on today but couldn't find my fucking wheel chocks.

the b2 rods are 134.5mm and i don't know for sure how long the b7 rods are; i heard they're 134mm

also would these generic ebay pistons (not forged) hold up to ~200hp?

I'd be happy with anything over 250 really. I like turbos, but I love allmotor power, I just feel more connected to the car.

>tfw had chance to nab a clean '95 GSR for the top of my budget ($3k)
>missed it by a day
>had to settle for the LS trim

Life is suffering

Picked her up a few weeks back. 6spd

Nice, my mom wanted a 6-speed TSX but ended up with an auto because she couldn't find one she liked that wasn't either salvaged or super high miles.

110k on her still feels new. Gotta lot of cosmetic things to care of..

My shitbox RSX. Absolutely love this thing....

I'll buy your wheels if you have the mesh ones tbqh familia
I've got such a boner for LS meshes.
T. gsrfag

my 97 teg d16y7 swapped, yes its a shit motor but when you blow a b18 and get d series shit free oh well

i got ls meshies joliet illinois

Its cute and fun in the corners, could use more power tho

Nice AE86, bro

thoroughly jealous of that. gonna hurt a lot of feelings with that setup. are you going to run it on pump gas? you could definitely benefit from 100 octane with that compression.

I always start with a tune. seems like there is always a little unused potential from the factory but you can also get rid of the annoying rev hang, change the VTEC engagement, and rev it to 8500 safely.

Get sport tires. You'll be surprised at how much they improve the driving experience.

Funny how there is a whole general for Hondas yet you are too ""cool"" for it so you make your own shitty thread. Kill yoursled

Wouldn't it be rather easy though considering it's basically the same series of motors? Or am I just being dumb and I actually have to fabricate shit and get new wiring harnesses and everything?

The Honda general is full of circle jerking tripfaggots and not much meaningful discussion. This thread is 10x better than /hg/