/lozg/ - The Legend of Zelda General

Purify Edition

ATTENTION: Spoilers will start rolling in from now on, so be careful.

This is a general about all Zelda games, mainline and spin-offs like Hyrule Warriors, and all discussions related to the LoZ series.
All Breath of the Wild discussions are welcome.

>Link CompilationThe Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild InfobinSheikah LoreThe Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Video PlaylistNews/DevelopmentsZelda comics and MangaArt Collection
flickr.com/photos/historyofhyrule/

>I never played a Zelda game, where should I start from?
zeldadungeon.net/forum/threads/best-zelda-game-for-new-players-to-start-with-a-brief-recommendation-guide.52290/
Otherwise, ask for recommendations in this thread.

>List of Zelda games currently available on this gen's consoles
nintendo.com/games/game-guide?pv=true#/filter/-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|zelda
3DS has the N64 Zelda remakes plus NES, SNES, GBC Virtual Console.
Wii U has the GC Zelda HD ports plus NES, SNES, N64, GBA, Wii and DS Virtual Console.

Previous:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mYO47HUW8L8
days.to/until/3-march
youtube.com/watch?v=kBcFzuLYyv0&feature=youtu.be
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Is it confirmed that there's a green tunic specifically for BotW, or just Easter egg tunics?

I don't really understand your question

ded game

he wants to know if there's an actual green tunic you get regularly in game or if it's just amiibo cosmetic like wolf link

Like was there a green tunic designed for BotW specifically for that Link, and not a green tunic that's from another game, like the OoT and LttP tunic?

just dye your shit

Oh, wellit looks like the objective on that game for Nintendo is to do away with everything that was a staple in other zelda games (chest music is gone, for example)
But as said you can use dyes so I think getting a green tunic of your choosing will be a possibility yes

youtube.com/watch?v=mYO47HUW8L8
@10:35

Apparently if you spend your orbs on hearts/stamina and you don't like they way it feels you can change. Apparently Hylia allows take backs

Just die, you're shit.

yes you can re-spec

I WANT TO FUCK FI

I just had the wildest botw dream.

I had the wildest breath

Please save it for yourself.

Tell us about it user.
>tfw I had one of those teeth fall out dreams last night

oh shit, so did I

I was left with like six teeth left, it was terrible

It wasn't much.

ive never had a teeth falling out dream, but i've had a few where my teeth just randomly start breaking apart in my mouth. usually while talking to someone.

have we been marked for death, teeth-bro?

>Can't saddle deer
There better be some exceptions that can get me my personal deer mount

In my dream my bottom teeth just kinda broke and fell out and left them all kinda stubby and crater looking I also spit out some rainbow stickers and other goodie shit. It felt so weird in my dream and I was completely freaked out when I woke up and I immediately went to brush my teeth

days.to/until/3-march

4 DAYS HYPE

BUT, I WANT TO FUCK FI TOO. THREESOME?

i saw in a leak image of all unlockables in botw, can send if you want i have to google it again, but the classic green tunic was there as one of the unlockables

pls

I've seen the leaks of the classic tunic, Dark Link, etc. and the pic of the Trousers of Time and OoT hat. I just wanted to know if there was a green tunic specific to BotW, like this game's version of the tunic. If it's just Easter egg tunics, that's alright I guess.

this was get by an idiot on youtube nby spamming amibos

>3

the fuck is this

isn't it supposed to be legendary?

It's upgrade-able like any other gear

why should they be they're just trousers

Wouldn't the other guy laugh at your dick?

I'm pretty sure the naked island is just a challenge game where link does combat with any armor/clothing making thing significantly harder

*Without

I'd rather slowly upgrade that gear rather than having high-level shit handed to me just for slapping a plastic statue against the controller

link is so hot
reply to this with link nudes

>MasterSwordDead
>masterSwordTrueFormAttackPower
>masterSwordSearchEvilDist
>masterSwordSleepActorName
>masterSwordTrueFormActorName

Master Sword seems to be alert to you evil based on distance?

>Master Sword is sentient once its revived

Oh shit, Fi making a return again?

Don't forget about the Tetraforce:
▲ ▲
▲ ▲

I had those too, but it was worse when I dreamed that my whole mouth was full of sticky chewing gum, and I couldn't get it out

do we have any high quality images of the completed map yet?

Okay bros, do we think the ending is:
1. Zelda is sealed in Hyrule Castle. We wake her up in the end by defeating Ganon.
or
2. When we defeat Ganon, the world is magically transported to 100 years ago and he's stripped of his power, aka none of this ever happened and everyone lives happily ever after. Except for Ganon because he's D E D

Spoiler pic is about Zelda's fate. I'm serious, don't click if you don't want to know. It is NOT a shitpost meme of her ass. It is the text description of the "Destroy Ganon" quest.

>Massive plot twist spoilers in leak generals and /v/
>Accidentaly read it
>Won't take long until someone dumps everything here too for the lulz

Bye /lozg/, have fun.

Is this the "plot twist"? Because it's not a very big one

Well yeah

spoil it before you go I haven't read it

Nice ass pic.

Seems pretty standard for a Zelda game.

but she's dead

No, although I wish I didn't read that as well, it's way worse.

Can you hint at it at least? I want to know if it's worthwhile leaving here

That quest log and a lot of other sources seem to imply otherwise, dunno, we'll find out in 4 days?

Die in a fire.

spoil it for us and then go if you're going

Didn't you know everyone is dead

WE WILL FIND OUT IN

HOURS

So wait.

We never saw anyone actually RECEIVING the paraglider during E3 or any of their playtime right?

Then that means the reveal of the Old Man is literally within the first hour of the game, occurring right after you complete the 4 shrines on the Plateau.

It really isn't that big a spoiler at all.

I just checked the leak threads and the /v/ threads and couldn't find anything, so either you're now the only one who knows or you're lying

Man, I still remember when the wait was at 1000 hours...
What is it about the wait for this game that makes it seem so long as yet so close?

That's my assumption as well.

I guess the big question now is how is Zelda fighting Ganon? Was she sealed away like Link and woke up a bit earlier than him? I'm guessing she's still trapped in a crystal or something and using Triforce magic to fight. We'll probably get to know Zelda through Link's unlocked memories and then finally interact with her in the present when we enter Hyrule Castle.

One word
HYPE

Wait only 4 shrines on the great plateau I thought there was more.

>tfw the game arrives on launch, but the switch could take as long as next Friday to arrive

I want to die.

Yes there's only 4 on the plateau. It's confirmed that after you complete all 4 the 'Old Man' gives you the paraglider.

It's safe to say that the 'Old Man' reveals himself as The King when he gives you the paraglider and then tells you to go kick Ganon's ass (probably telling you to do it when you are ready).

It's interesting it took this long to leak however, even with the embargo. If I were to guess, I'd say these recent leaks of The King and are from someone who are not a part of the media who received a free Switch and are instead someone who got the game and console early.

Either that or someone hesitated THEN decided to eventually break embargo.

probably talking about the old man and

there's only 4 and they give you the four basic runes.

youtube.com/watch?v=kBcFzuLYyv0&feature=youtu.be

HOLY SHIT

This is what's revealed to you after you get the third orb, so about 1 hour into the game more or less

the third, not the fourth? huh.

I think you can unlock the classic ones through out the game. Namely, the one worn by the hero of time. I think I read it somewhere but I don't know.

Holy fuck. It's... it's really good... oh jeez...

Well that's pretty much what I thought it was going to be. Zelda will be flashback only then until the end of the game.

Is that the hyrule castle theme from lttp?

Jesus BotW really wants to become the best Zelda game ever.

>youtube.com/watch?v=kBcFzuLYyv0&feature=youtu.be

S E R I O U S L Y

DO N O T CLICK IF YOU REALLY CARE ABOUT SPOILERS.

CONTAINS BACKSTORY OF HYRULE RUINS, GUARDIANS, DIVINE BEASTS, CHAMPIONS OF HYRULE, PRINCESS ZELDA, AND LINK.

All stuff we could anticipate, except for everyone important being a corpse.

Gotta put it all on the line now, if the switch fails nintendo is toast

you beat me to the punch

Nice to see the Gerudo were working together with the other races from the get go I guess they won't be thieves in this game. Big Hair seems to be their new thing

So...

>Goron
>Zora (female)
>Bird
>Gerudo

Are those the 4 champions? I guess that means the big male Zora is in the present day and not a ghost?

Anyone have source on Aonuma saying that playing TP after BotW would make people go "Oh yeah, that makes sense"

Is this about the interlopers, fused shadows, great magic power?

VA is as shitty as expected. Dammit.

So uh... do ya'll think Amazon set some stock aside for release? Of the Switch, I mean.

So where did all of the machines come from?

Wait, so the Guardians and the Divine Beasts all had to be excavated? They're even older than whatever happened 100 years ago?

>"A great danger is coming! You must prepare!"

>They actually heed the warning and prepare

You know even if Hyrule did get fucked up in the end, mad respect for the King for following through with that.

English is garbage my dude

I'll be playing the game in Spanish, since I speak spanish, since I live in a spanish speaking country, so I'm ok, but there's going to be a lot of terms and weapon names that I'll have to relearn to shitpost here

Fuck I wish I could just put the subs in english

I'm hoping they restock soon after release. That email alert thing never works from my experience, btw.

>The princess survived to face Ganon alone

Welp that proves Link was resurrected after all

Yeah.
I still don't understand why they're shipping the whole game with all languages installed and refuse to give as an option to choose which audio to play.

Kinda sounds like old joesphs english VA

So was that translation a lie because with this story there's literally no reason for the Sheikah to have been exiled. We need more info

>there's literally no reason for the Sheikah to have been exiled
The sheikah got exiled long ago, as told in the TP cutscene at lanayru. The interlopers got greedy and got fucked.

Let's have a sauce on this game being immediately after TP as you're implying

We see a Sheikah helping with the excavation though.

You're an idiot

Ive only played the gameboy and link to the past a long time ago. I dont remember any lore

Is this canon stuff?
I really like the look of it regardless

>Is this canon stuff?

Bruh, it's fucking BotW, how the fuck is this not canon?

hmm interesting that explains everything sorry I doubted you

Same advanced ancient civilization that created the robots in Skyward Sword. They both have the same blue power source.

They're clearly Gundams, two Zelda games from now we get mechas.