/dbt/ map:
>google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=z7CKLSFiJH_M.kMZoQpBOKipI

Motorcycle Ergonomics Simulator:
>cycle-ergo.com/

Noob? Git gud:

webums with sounds:

Previously on /dbt/

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd1biZGODl18KbDGvBY1GfL7Pfjc4YYUo1_IQIG6TjwIlGW-w/viewform?usp=sf_link#responses
youtube.com/watch?v=WJsjZhTJWjM
youtu.be/nJaunazTgD8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd1biZGODl18KbDGvBY1GfL7Pfjc4YYUo1_IQIG6TjwIlGW-w/viewform?usp=sf_link#responses

Remember to vote guys

who wants to get drinks tonight?

>100 proof
>50%
lightweight

i cri ever tim

>Motorcycle Routes & Meetups
Wow would you look at that

We did it reddit

DOUBLE
DUBS

PRAISE KEK

Fuck reddot

I'm fine with SAM talk being in the main thread because it's gonna be hilarious when it never happens....again...not as good as the eventual fatalities from a bunch of people who can't ride trying to impress autists from the internet at the tail of the dragon and dying....but entertaining nonetheless.

SEM remains the only dnt meet where somebody actually died

As someone who doesn't browse Veeky Forums or /dbt/ much, explain please?

He didn't die "at" Sem though. He died on the other side of the Baltic Sea

SEM remains the only /dbt/ meet ever

What's in the box?

Somebody literally died when he rode off a cliff returning from sem in 2015 IIRC

He didn't ride off a cliff, he rode into a creek with a little bridge over it
Rip sef

We should be able to pick multiple. I'm down for anything there except the two earliest dates.

New rider here and I just got passed down a 06 CBR1000RR.

How not die? I've put around 500 of my own miles ontop of the 12000 miles.

>Another box

Aaaaaay. Fuckin nice!

Kill a girl. That always helps

Do you have the news report on it?

>this still being a relevant meme

>jei

your wife's head

How not die? Don't be dumb. The 06 is geared relatively short compared to other similar year literbikes (86 indicated on the limiter IIRC). They geared it short...you could stretch it's legs? But evenso if you ride like a turd you are gonna get stinky

No I'm sure someone does tho.
It's sad user.
At least r1 guy can still shitpost if he wanted to
Sef is gone forever

I've got the same chair

getting there

Fastest I've gone on it was 120.

Many poos flew out. How would I get better at riding at high speeds and more used to this kind of speed? Track Days? Dailyling?

I dont intend to be a jackass on the road. I just want to learn to ride the bike to its max potential.

Shift less than 6k. Slowly increase. Don't full throttle it and keep a hand over the clutch.

If you haven't already, take a safety course. They help a ton.

IKEA master race

I am amazed Shoei hasn't changed their box design in seemingly forever.

Depends on where you at

Im new to DBT.

Who was Sef? I know he died but what did he ride, how did he go down in flames, any pics?

Take off fairings. You won't be able to hold on to the bike above 120 and it won't be comfy so you won't want to ride at 120 and be safe at a comfy 60

No easier way to understand the basics of wind resistance than sitting up at 120+mph on a faired bike.

He didn't fall off a cliff though, there are pics of where the accident happened
That post was wrong in that regard

Which is it then?

I would like to learn how to ride fast but stay safe on public roads

Learn how to ride slow, first.
I know it sounds wanky, but there's nothing quicker to kill you than a motorbike, least of all one that was built for the track and happens to be allowed on the road.

Get used to reading the traffic, see people glancing in their mirrors before they move, know your alternate lines before you need to look for them in an emergency, look 3 times etc.

Post your bikes!

It's /dbt/ only 4 of us own bikes

Isn't this that guy who works on mini's?

He rode a KLR650
Somehow ended up next to the road, didn't see the hidden creek and rammed a concrete wall on the other side.

No pics, only a news article. But I don't have it.

Honestly the best way to get used to riding at high speed...is to ride at high speed. The question is where? Of course the, "correct" response is to say at a track only and yes of course....but reality dictates that many many ppl can't afford that. The best I would say is if you are going to ride fast, do so where you can be away from everyone and have a clear line of sight. Make sure there are no places for a car to enter your path (intersections/driveways/etc) slightly downhill is nice because it gives you a great view and you must never crest a hill at speed (you never know what's on the other side of that crest...a slow big-ass tractor?)

Try to do this in a place where the treeline/brushline isn't very close to the edge of the road...because critters can fuck up your day. I'm talking deer, dogs, birds, cats, etc.

IIRC that bike stock should be good for a true 172-5 or so. You can take some of the snap out of the acceleration by gearing longer. it will feel more sluggish and accelerate slower this way but again, nothing will help more than restraint. KNOW that you have a fucking rocket between your legs and that bitch will move. One such potnetial place would be a long open stretch of freeway after sunrise and dry. this way you will have good sight and lots of room with few cars to worry about.

And make sure wherever you go it is somewhere you are familiar. Nothing worse than ripping deep into triple digits only to hit a huge pothole or gravel or tar or whatever. BE FAMILIAR WITH THE ROAD.

At the end of the day, the bike will only do what you tell it to do.

Hope this helps

Don't forget your yearly checkups!

Apparently the last guy who owned it put on the sprocket wrong. It decided to die with the clutch, all fixed now. "New" engine, which is apparently the stock engine.

great purchase. Get the Sena that's built for it too, I used that thing everyday.

Sprocket to match.

heres one

I've already got an SMH10 and after reading some forum threads about it I don't think it's worth the money.

Will just transplant current one in.

you will never push ANY bike anywhere near the limit on public roads without making serious compromises on safety

on public roadways you absolutely always have to be prepared for what you don't see, you may be able to take that corner at 60-70mph but if doing so means that you overdrive your stopping distance and there is a truck stopped in the road around the bend then you just fucked yourself.

if you're interested in pushing your ability and your bike you'll want to do it on a closed track where you can control things like animals, traffic, debris, potholes etc.

Thanks guys.

Any tips for bulding up speed or should I just grow some balls and punch it. I've driven 200mph in a car and I know that these are completely different but that should help calm my nerves yes?

I feel pretty comfortable in traffic and dealing with the spergs around me. I usually go around 65-80 on the freeways of SoCal.

upload picture of bike

Are all the Japanese 300s being produced in Japan? I need honorabaru Japaneese Steer. No india made reciprocating bombs between my legs.

Not one 300 is made in japan

Noice, my dad just picked up the same lid, I have an NXR which I love, but I was impressed at how roomy and comfy the GT Air was. Also the dual cable inner visor is super smooth to operate.

Tips for building up speed? Roll into it. Acceleration and top speed are two different things as I am sure you know. Relax the acceleration aspect by rolling WFO in 6th instead of banging through the gears. The front won't want to come up this way either. Obviously much slower acceleration but will still get you to your top end. Inversely you will need moar room to accomplish this but it will take away some of the buttpucker factor.

Another thing...when you get used to riding on the freeway at say 80mph and then you hit your offramp and now have to slow down to 40mph it feels like you are going stupid slow right? Apply this concept to riding faster. If you want to get comfortable at say 130mph....roll into it and hit that number plus more...say 160 and then let off back to that lower speed. Suddenly it doesn't seem so sketchy.

BUILD UP to even these speeds. The more you ride the bike the more comfortable you will get with both the top speed and the acceleration. Systematically push the limits while in the safest environment possible.

I really wanna try the G310, I sat on one at the bike show last year and it was 100% the most comfortable thing I sat on all day, the ergonomics were absolutely perfect.

I mean the list of things that can go wrong is limited, either you hit a car or lose control after hitting a hole/ gravel etc. Other than that the bike is stable and made for going fast. You won't fly off of it or something. That said my bike has only 100hp, doesn't even reach 150mph and I have a well maintained autobahn to go WOT all day

Thanks guys.

Its 1:30am and there isnt much traffic. Im gonna go out and apply.

Damn and a Repsol...did you say you inherited that? Nice bike. some ppl hate the HESD but i thought it was tits

DAYLIGHT IS GOOD. Overdriving your headlights can suck ass. You going to where there is good lighting RIGHT?

you know ive been here for probably 6 months and i never even realized that there would a be a reddit counterpart to /dbt/

what is it like?

How tall are you? cm prefered

Honestly I think it's easier to ride a bike at 200 than a car at 200. Bikes are more stable at speed, cars feel wobbly and touchy to me at high speeds.

Get a steering dampener if you want to fast, many a rider have died due to hitting a little bump and getting a tank slapper.

#Teamhonk

I hope you won't hit a deer or get overseen by traffic, nobody will see you coming
Have you been up all day?

My dad went out and bought a BMW F800 GS
He wanted another adventure bike next to his BMW R1000GS bumblebee.
So he pawned me the Honda when I turned 19.

Pic not his but exactly the same.

Autobahn

Them Germans are much better drivers than ppl in USA...So I've heard // and I believe it.

Damper not dampener. It doesn't get stuff wet so...LOL. And his bike has: H.E.S.D.= Honda Electronic Steering Damper. it gets progressively stiffer as speed increases IIRC

Not very, ~167cm.

I've ridden most bikes of that kind of range though and it had by far the most comfortable seat and best bar position imo.

Ya. Its pretty well lit. Im not gonna go ultra speed like you said.

Thanks for the tip

And driving a car at that speeds is nuts
>autobahn in an M6 GC
So much as sneeze and youre into a gaurdrail

how unironically true is this

t. pic related

>deer on SoCal freeway
Worst ive seen was coyotes

No got up at 12 because I went to sleep at 4am kek.

youtube.com/watch?v=WJsjZhTJWjM

Damn i wish i had pawned literbike to me when i was 19 :cry:

nice

be safe fellow literbike rider. Your bike has some of the best acceleration for it's time (like i said geared short)

make sure you have enough light or just wait till you do. maybe take a ride and scout out places....and get familiar with the area and specific irregularities in the road itself. Ok Ok i have cried enough have fun

>167cm
fucking who let the little people in this thread?

:cry:

Fuck reddit.

>tfw my much newer GS looks like shit
>tfw that thing looks like it just rolled out of the factory

Oh well, shitbikes are fun too, r-right?

IMO more time to enjoy riding them than fussing over their immaculately presented snapshots.

>still no good pictures so I have to screencap cam footage

Don't know how much "better" but at least people know they have to get out of the way when something appears in their mirrors

You have literally 1 second to explain why I don't have a tiger*

*take as long as you need

How important are riding boots? Why?

Screencaps are fine, too.

On baiku #1, don't have baiku #2 pics atm.

i have read that drivers are generally more aware and less likely to camp in the wrong lane. And the road itself is better and thicker...less irregularities and buckles int he road, etc.

here the knuckledragger will get in the fast/pass lane and camp out slow as fuck and if you try to get them to move they might just hit the brakes for spite. i speak from experience

Because

How important are gloves? Back armor? Riding pants? etc.

youtu.be/nJaunazTgD8

It'll be something much more interesting in a few months.

Ask yourself: do you like the idea of being shredded to the bones? No? Don't be a squid.

Always feel so bad for the girl on the back in that video.