Alternative trucks

Are there any usefull vehicles with a bed in the US that arent your normal tacoma, ranger, s10, etc?
Like freeway capable
Can haul a load of wood or some ATVs at the very least.

I dont understand what you're asking. Are you just looking for uncommon trucks?

Early 90s toyota pick up, before tacoma. The bed is really really long, while the truck is little and drives like a car. Also 22re, bulletproof engine.

I had an early 90s toyota.
It couldnt hold 65mph against a light headwind.
Any older and they have less HP and 4spd trannies.
Useless

TDI with a utility trailer. Even the older 4th models are tow rated for the kg equivalent of 3300 lbs in Europe (3080 lbs above 8% gradient) as long as you have trailer brakes and keep an eye on the tongue weight.

But thats a car

A car with a trailer is a truck alternative with a bed. Sounds like you don't want a truck but you want a truck. Make up your mind, you hipster faggot.

Strange, mine did just fine. Must have had the 1.8l or something, I had 2.4l rwd auto and never had trouble keeping speed. Did it take a bit? Definitely, it wasn't exactly peppy but I would never say that it struggled. And I've hauled trailers with it on the highway perfectly fine.

He probably never noticed the smoke pouring out the tailpipe and all that racket coming from the engine bay and the severe misfire.

I knew a guy who claimed that "chebbies have no power" and I never understood why he would make such a blanket claim until he one day gave me a ride. Telling him that all that knocking and vibration wasnt normal just made him annoyed. Since then I kind of figured out how his mind works, or doesn't.

Nope. Was a healthy truck.
Was just shit

Yea, they're real shit. That's why they hold their value ridiculously well lol cause they're bad.

No one said they had power.
They hold value because they dont have enough power to hurt themselves

They hold their value because of the long bed that you don't find in modern trucks, especially at the size it is, the engine and transmissions reliability (particularly the 22re) with the exact right amount of power needed for its purpose (towing small trailors, transporting tools & bikes), the chassis doesn't rust, and the people that own them are mature and maintain them.

Right. They are slow, can't do real work, so retired old men drive them because they are over priced and they can spend their retirement money on them.
Sometimes kids get them and destroy them too.
Im not saying its a bad truck.
Im saying it can barely move its self down the road. Especially the 4x4. Especially with a passenger and a load.
Its pathetic and not worth anything other than being a town truck.

_ _____ ____ ___ Rabbit.

>rabbit
>80mph
No
Subaru almost for this right.
So close...

Never had any problem with power lol like I said, towed a trailer with 2 john deers in it, got up to speed on the highway fine and didn't have a problem keeping it there. You don't seem to understand that it serves a much different purpose than modern trucks.

Oh WOW!!!!
You had TWO lawn mowers in it!!!!
That must have been intense!!!!
Tested the very will of the truck!!!
Good lord you madman!!!!

You're the one being hyperbolic saying it can't even get up to speed hauling nothing, knowing nothing of its actual purpose. Bet you were just given one from daddy and are bitter because he didn't give your NEET ass a wrx kek.

Its slow (which is fact)
It struggles at freeway speeds
Its purpose is to be a town truck
End of discussion
Assume what you like about me. I don't care

>
>Its slow (which is fact)

Agreed, it is. Not it's purpose to be a raptor
>It struggles at freeway speeds

Nope. Never had a problem, if you did you did something wrong.
>Its purpose is to be a town truck

Yea, it's a work truck. It's for people that actually get shit done. Not a camper hauler or something to impress your underage cousin with.
End of discussion

Maybe thinking like a ute like an eldorado or a subaru brat? They can have smaller beds, but can still haul things, and they dont have any problems larger trucks do

>Long bed that you don't find in modern trucks

You can still get the same long bed 2 door hilux today.

>that retarded wheelbase and rear overhang
thing looks like it's gonna snap in half if you put a dishwasher in

Not that user, but
>A car with a trailer is a truck alternative with a bed
is just wrong. It'll work for some, but not for others. If all you're doing is throwing stuff in the bed, a trailer may be the way to go. If you need to pull anything with stuff in the bed, then that's not viable depending on the cargo. A lot of fucker do buy trucks just to daily them in the states tho

Correct, they share the same lineage. But it's not as tiny as the 90s pick up too though.

OP only said something about a bit of wood or an ATV or two so I figured a trailer would suffice. Wouldn't have suggested a car otherwise.

70's and 80's mini-trucks, I love the ones that were manufactured by Japanese companies and then badges as American. Ford Courier (Mazda), Chevy Luv (Isuzu), and the Dodge D50 (Mitsubishi). Cool little trucks that not too many people know about, I own a 1980 Courier that few people recognize

So you think you're a special snowflake huh? Well you're not. I don't give a fuck what your mommy told you. You want to buy an uncommon car? You want to drive around in something that says "I'm not like the other girls?" Well prepare to be fucked. Need something fixed? Prepare to pay a mechanic twice as much to fuck it up anyway since he's not familiar with it. "Oh, I'll just learn to fix it myself" you say? Well bend over, Stephanie because parts are going to cost twice as much and you're going to have to pay for shipping too. Think there's gonna be a youtube video of somebody doing exactly what you need to do? Fuck no! Best case scenario and you learn that motherfucker inside out guess what happens when it's time for it to retire and serve as a parts car for a fresher one? Hah! You ain't gonna find one without fucking flying two thousand miles and hoping to fuck it you can keep it running long enough to get it home since the guy you bought it from is getting rid of it for all the above reasons. STOP. BUYING. SNOWFLAKES.

Is this new copy posta?

Is this new marketing by dodge?

this is what i think to myself when i think how cool would it be to own my dream car
i'll just stick to my daihatsu and call it a day