/xivg/ - Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward General

Superior Game Edition

>FINAL FANTASY® XIV: STORMBLOOD™ COLLECTOR'S EDITION [PC] Pre-Order
store.na.square-enix.com/product/436377/final-fantasy-xiv-stormblood-collector-s-edition-pc

>Gear Design Contest (Ranged Magic DPS/Healer Edition)
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/57b6173ca0330be656b9e7c6763a930a1d5ec5bf

>Patch 3.5 Notes
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/d90ea3ee6d083eaba4f22e5deefe934b0a0a464e

>Patch 3.55a Images
gamerescape.com/2017/02/23/new-ffxiv-patch-3-55a-images/

>Letter from the Producer LIVE Part XXXII and XXXIII
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/3ee28e9c3569e2c7be7212675e20a99641370d8d

>Red Mage Teaser:
youtube.com/watch?v=ht6LWFFCPUw

>Samurai Teaser
youtube.com/watch?v=Fp9EgbhokJM

>Stormblood Trailer (FULL)
youtube.com/watch?v=Jt1h1MinlLI

>Fanfest interview with Yoshi:
gamerescape.com/2016/12/26/famitsu-sits-down-with-naoki-yoshida-at-jp-fan-festival-2016/

>3.5 Gung Ho for GARO Collaboration
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/pr/blog/001753.html

>Resources, Guides, Free Companies and Linkshells
pastebin.com/raw/YcEBGQWu

Previously on /xivg/:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8pCJbp5dfY0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I hate mondays.

hey boys

I haven't played XI

Who cares, they are useful.

Not like it matters since Yoshi will never do an overall that big.

Has any group confirmed for subbing the FF14 j-drama?

This is an important question that needs to be answered.

I'm going to marry an elvaan~!

Gyus whtf is uap with all the ffix posting seirously

The "support" DPS of this game is more useful than some support role that can't even attack.

same question but on leviathan

>we could have had this glorious creature but instead we got weeburai

Can the small adds in a12s be stunned

Why did you post a picture of a generic elf, then?

Diito. Ragnarok Online was my jam back in that era of MMOs

I'd sooner a non attacking support that gave good shit like bard did than a half assed ranger with a few songs that barely get played anyway because dps loss.

>support role gets added to ffxiv
>all the bad players flock to it because their contributions will be harder to quantify
>they never use any of their supporting abilities and do nearly zero damage

>it ends up being a healer here
i'd rather not have it here ever

no

>foe
>dps loss

add me

A legitimate Bard like in XI would be fantastic, but then they have to balance buffs which they are not at all prepared or competent enough to manage. They can't even balance most debuffs in this fucking game, so bosses just resist 90% of them.

>FFXI had good open world adventure
>It's non-existent here

>kick them
>problem solved

Are you the kind of person who keeps around a 300 dps primal ex?

Have any of you played any other themepark other than WoW in your life?
LotRO and Rift both had support classes that were unique and not "braindead."
Then again, YoshiP hasn't either and can't even add unique healers and tanks that WoW has.

what race are you

I feel so bad for the team working on the overworld in XIV, people just sit in their FC houses and use DF to do most everything. Most of the areas are just dead zones, I hope they didn't put much effort into them because it's just being squandered by the poor design choices.

>kick them
Can't do that because then you get banned for abusing the dismiss party member feature.

that's not the DF's fault but the fact that they didn't put anything interesting for non gatherers in the overworld to begin with

FATEs needed to be made useful and interesting.
FATEs could have been the content that put people into the overworld.

No. You wouldn't. You don't get banned for kicking people.

The open world zones doesn't have any effort put into it anyway after ARR

DF by itself isn't really offensive to me but the fact that you can only enter various dungeons and raids through a menu is insanely gay

The ironic part is HW zones are big and empty because, according to Yoshi, they wanted a lot of empty space to add things to the zones.
lol

there's plenty of entrances to them in the world but it's just a convenience thing

They need to bring back 1.0 style content for open zones, adjust it and make it relevant again.

No, if you click on them it just opens the menu.

I mean, if you want to walk up to the dungeon you're free to do that.
Every dungeon has an interactive location to queue up for it. There's just no reason to use it.

That wouldn't work.

You actually had to go to the dungeons in 1.0. Should have been able to bring in an on server party to the dungeons for extra benefits instead of just mindlessly joining up through menus and playing with people from servers you don't know. There is very little community to be had in this game.

That's because most of the maps are just empty landmasses with non-threatening enemies. The only reasons to go there are being a Disciple of the Land, or going to a Beast Tribe area. Even without Duty Finder, areas like Southern Thanalan would only have people going there for the beast tribe quests and then they'd leave. The only thing DF changed is that we no longer have everyone sitting outside the raid entrance

All that would do is punish players on small servers.
There's a reason why the idea of separate servers/shards is a dead concept in most modern MMOs.

>two shit games had bad classes

huh how about that

For the past years of patches the only zones they added new shit to was Western La Noscea that wasn't even a HW zone, and beast tribes. All of those didn't use much space in the first place so those zones were unnecessarily big.

Explain how they're shit, user. I'll wait.

post your characters you bakas, its not like I want to draw your stupid characters or anything! I-I'm just doing this to get better okay!

I would want nothing more than open world leveling that isn't dumbass FATEs, but yoshi made his line in the sand with 2.0, and that probably is never happening.

Devs need to realize there should be a limit to how convenient you make things, because the game is convenient to the point where you are a part of this huge world, but it's a fucking barren ghost town because you just enter everything through instances anyway.

post your midlander
i'll consider them if they are a fresh pump

Go away attention whore

>Wants characters
>Wont draw males

sasuga /xivg/

I mean I've already submitted my request and still haven't gotten a response...

but all you draw is girls and I do not play a girl

Ayo

okay naka

yeah you're actually right I do want attention that's the point of drawing art for some people. nothing wrong with it.

'w'

The only leveling part of 1.0 open world content were most leves and behests, everything else concerned obtaining gear, seals, the relic etc.
I want something like Hamlet Defense back, even though the 2nd part is instanced (by no means of a DF)

So this is your fetish?

Why do you make posts like this?

>furpile.jpg

Remember, according to xivg, it is perfectly okay to be a furry!

Tell me what's wrong with being a furry.

everything

wtf those are my pets u gross fool

Don't reply to me ever again

I am not reading all of that

Draw my sneering asshole lizard plz.

fwha change stinky >w

shirou vjera

>abe having another meltdown

Can we change the channel already?

That's a lot of f@c@

*raises paw*
You tell 'em, pup!

Not them but I'll draw males, only males
Doesn't mean i'm taking requests

subway

why would someone post logs like this if the person was their heart?

that's a mighty fine lizard

my favorite part is where the conversation was screencapped over ~6 hours eorzean time

see

do you happen to have that funny one that gets smaller every time it is posted?

who made this post, a fucking clown?

Are you talking about the harp one?

t-thanks

This is the face of Balmung.

team rocket ass looking nigga

that's like 10 minutes

I doubt you're any less ugly.

youtube.com/watch?v=8pCJbp5dfY0

evie

gross

that's the point, that it exploded that fast.

i want him to /sneer at me

>mfw I've met super attractive guys on Balmeme
this guy doesn't even come close

>the same shitposter has been shitposting the same IRL pics of the same ebins for over a year and obsessively posting about them
This is the face of Veeky Forums.

mew mew

Abe and Rheia are nothing without their linkshells rushing to defend them at a moment's notice.

But they both are because you post about them every day.
You literally give them their power.
How does it feel?