I have 20 grand and want suggestions on what I should get

>I have 20 grand and want suggestions on what I should get.

Just being honest. I could drop 20k max on a downpayment then probably afford 250-300$ a month on payments.

I want something automatic cause i'm autistic, but i also want something kool to impress grills as well.

Other urls found in this thread:

cargurus.com/Cars/l-Used-Honda-Civic-d586#listing=171192099_isFeatured
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

don't blow all your savings on a car. Thats the stupidest thing you could do

buy a 10k box, it'll last you forever

I'd still have like 8k savings if i blew 20k on the downpayment.

Thats still most of your savings.

So I should get a shitbox until i get a better job?

I wouldn't call a 10k car a shitbox, 10k will get you virtually any econobox from 7+ years ago with less than 80k miles

for example, civics are everywhere and run great, are reliable, fuel saving and all sorts of stuff and can be had in an LX version for less than 10k easily and be from as recent as 4 years ago

Or you could buy a dependable, automatic car with a bit of oomph, have 8k savings, plus another 10k for 2-3 unforgettable vacations anywhere you want in the world, and 250-300$ a month for a gym membership, nice clothes, an interesting hobby, guitar lessons, restaurants, theater visits, concerts... you know the kind of stuff that impresses grills instead of anons.

You can get an LS430 for $10k

2015 Civic LX doesn't look too bad.

cargurus.com/Cars/l-Used-Honda-Civic-d586#listing=171192099_isFeatured

16k in my area.

Get a v6 Accord. Way better than a shitty civic

says who

Me, I've driven both for extended periods of time

>bigger
>more power
>massive gas tank
>same gas mileage on the highway
>grounded to the ground, doesn't get tossed around by the wind
>quieter interior
>much nicer interior, almost as if they aren't even in the same class
>just as reliable
>much more comfortable seats
>surprisingly good sound system, beats out shit you'd find in A4s and 3 Series

Even the 4 banger Accord shits all over the Civic and you can get it for much less while keeping all of the other benefits except power, it uses the detuned K series from the Civic Si instead of some crappy R series

What about a Nissan Altima

Probably not. Transmission issues with the cvt 2012- models

You can find used entry level luxury cars for 20k, just put 50% down and finance the other 10k so you can build credit. Payments would be under 200 month. That way you aren't blowing over half of your savings on a car

Every time I see a thread like this pop up I wonder if this is actually an auto enthusiast board by the responses.

Apparently you should never spend more than 5k on an automobile according to Veeky Forums.

Why do you want a sporty care if you can't even drive manual?

What's the point of this thread?

Get a v6 accord.

ES Lexus. They have nice interiors, enough power to have fun, gearboxes aren't utter shit, decent gas mileage. The ES models have awd if it snows where you're at so that is a plus. Not sure what maintenance costs would be like though.

>20k down payment
>$300/mo payment
Those two figures would make even the guy selling the car face palm.
If you can only afford a $300/mo payment you shouldn't be driving a car that cost you $20k + the ~20k more for the $300 payments.
Why don't you just go buy a $10,000 car, put $4k down and make the payments to appease the Jew and boost your credit score.

Why do you want a sporty car if you can't even drive automatic?

What's the point of this thread?

Get a v6 accord.

I seriously hope you're not financing $10k over 6 years.

Enthusiasts usually spend four times the cars worth fixing/modding it.
So if you can just barely afford a $40,000 car, you should really be buying a $5k one and sinking money into it out of enthusiasm.

Nah 4 1/2 years. It could be paid off in 3 years if he chooses to pay extra on top of the monthly

>So if you can just barely afford a $40,000 car, you should really be buying a $5k one and sinking money into it out of enthusiasm.
Yeah, because the ONLY thing an enthusiast should enjoy about cars is scraping rust and yanking out blown engines. Dumb fuck

You can easily snag a pre 2010 lexus for 10k

>Replacing engine in $5,000 car
>$3,000
>Replacing engine in s a $40,000 car
>$18,000
>Can only afford a $300/mo payment

plz dont bully.

i work hard im just dumb

E90s are in that range but they're shit.
C classes aren't sporty
A4s are meme wheel drive and not sporty
G37 is good though and can be had in manual
Is350 is good but can't be had in manual.