What does Veeky Forums think of the Honda Prelude?

What does Veeky Forums think of the Honda Prelude?

Nice

fast & furious
don't get the automatic

it is a good looking car though.

>Honda foreplay

>FF
WHY THE FUCK
IT LOOKS RWD
IT WOULD'VE BEEN PERFECT AS RWD
AND INSTEAD THEY MADE IT A GLORIFIED ACCORD COUPE WHEN THEY ALREADY HAD AN ACCORD COUPE
FUCK YOU HONDA
FUCK YOU

Junk.

It's a nice ride, it ain't fast. But it feels good driving it. Get the 5spd, ATTS models are cool if you have no plans for motor mods.

My friend had one it wasn't the fastest but it was a lot of fun, would buy one if I had room for another car
Also vtak

Third gen best gen

Looks like it's RWD. It's not.

The best looking FWD car ever made. Also drives very nice. It's was the flagship car that Honda couldn't admit was their flagship, and it showed.

4 wheel steering tho

Makes my leg hurt when I drive. That shitty center console sticks too far out and pushes on your leg, making you hit the accelerator weirdly. It starts to make your calf hurt.

It's not fast at all. Even the SH is only as fast as a non turbo 300zx. It's fwd and has the torque steer to prove it. It looks good and handles well when not hitting the gas.

Overall I like it, but don't love it. I owned one for 2 years. A 1999 SH.

Me.

I have an RSX type S as a DD now. It's WAY better and about the same price used.

But no multilink

This brings up a good point but I'd rather have FR on the accord coupe. Had a 03 for four years and it was the only blaring flaw
>6M
>3L V6
>why honda

It's also pigfat.

The Prelude had balance, driving road feel, better steering, and an excellent seating position.

The entire point of the prelude is that it is a high-quality, tossible, yet subtle driver's car.

Meh.

Please consider this as a very honest reply. I am a true car guy and these do nothing at all for me.

But you're describing the DC2 Integra.
The prelude wasn't a very good driving car, it was a more comfortable one.

OMG HE DID IT, HE SAID PIG FAT AGAIN!!! LOL HE SAID IT! WEIGHT MATTERS! NO MATTER WHAT, WEEEIIIGGHHTTTT!!!!!!

>miata is better than GTR because muhhhh weight!!!!

It was a gussied up CD7 coupe and nothing more and you know that

No user, it's because cars don't exist in a vacuum away from physics.
200 HP/ 2,000 lbs is literally the same thing as 300 HP / 3,000 lbs in a nutshell.
I'm not saying user is correct in calling your car pig fat but I am saying that you need to find a better argument.

Which didn't get a 6MT with the V6 and you know that.

No, I don't. Weight is a FACTOR. Not the end all be all faggot. A 3800 lb car with a superior chassis and designed around the weight will be better than a shitty 2500lb car.

Anyone who still uses
>pigfat
Is a moron. It's a SINGLE and SMALL factor when talking about factory cars. There are SO MANY variables that the weight is almost irrelevant. It's why the GT-R is so god damn good for so long, even though it's heavy as fuck. If they made it 2,200lbs it would be a wily, slidy, hard to handle car and slower as a result.

Use you brain moran!

I prefer the Prelude. 20 years after they started building the things, they are not far off in terms of comfort in comparison to what is built today.

Also, dirty chicanos who should be deported over a massive, electrified trump wall, still steal DC2's on-sight.

You're taking my statement out of context, you, in all caps let your autism run freely when you said "weight matters", obviously sarcastically.
I simply informed you that weight does indeed matter and you agreed with me, thanks user.
Try not to take the internet quite so srsly

No.

Add lightness.

Neither did the Prelude or the CD7?

It's time to stop posting

It doesn't matter in the context the faggot I was responding to was using it. FAGGOT.
>all caps apparently = some caps

Guess that explains all those modified miatas beating those high HP heavy cars... Oh wait,

4 W S
W
S

5th gen Prelude
Curb weight 2,954 lb
Thats 100lbs heavier than the BRZ/FRS

The pigfat prelude is a meme

No shit autist, but the prelude had a 5MT and a 200hp motor. Also weighed less, and was lower. It's not the "same" thing as an accord coupe.

Mate I live in an area where I'm the minority compared to Chicanos and I'm in North Texas to boot.
My car hasn't been fucked with in two years, mainly because I see no reason to do anything but suspension work, and I'm not a dick to my neighbors.
And yeah that's why I said ludes were the comfy ones.

Same platform, same car
>OH NOEZ IT HAZ DIFRENT NGINE
No shit, and CD7s came with H22s in Europe, as usual the states didn't get the good shit

>MUH GTR
>heavy is ok because the GTR is heavy and it nurumburgerings bretty fast.
I didn't say anything about miatas, racing "high HP heavy cars" or comparing anything at all.

Lighter is better. You can't beat physics.

3rd gen was 2300 or so. They were average in acceleration for their time (0-60 was around 9s for the Si) but still pretty fun because Honda nailed the handling.

Not sure what you are trying to argue guy. I'm well aware of all the common knowledge you are noshittingdude about.

It's not the "same car".

>bbbbuttt bbbuttt SiR UKDM model....

>North Texas

That is because Indians are too busy stealing mouthwash to drink so they can get their anscestral animal spirit powers and beat their wives.

>Dallas
>Indians
Two hours North mate, you're thinking of Oklahoma.

>you can't beat physics

Says the guy who knows nothing apparently about it.

>wheel base
>steering angle
>traction
>width
>power distribution
>wheel size
>power curve
And much more, just waiting for you to discover the powerful world of physics. But please, keep crying
>muhhhh weight in a factory car!!!!!!!

>muh insults
>list of Grand Turisimo metrics, some are not "physics" at all
>forgets Mass

LOL yeah butttbutttt steering angle!

How many GT-R's do you see while riding the bus?

>factory car
and how the fuck else are we supposed to compare jack shit? Have you ever bothered to modify your car and run it on a few dynos?
Have you ever seen two dynos give you the same result?
How the fuck am I supposed to compare word of mouth mawded rides?
Get the fuck out of here.

LOLOLOOL
>some are not physics at all

>steering angles aren't physics
>wheel base to power delivery isn't physics (go put 900hp in a go cart)
>traction isn't physics
>width of a car isn't physics
>wheel size isn't physics
>power distribution controlling handling isn't physics
LOLOLOLOLOL ohhh jesus christ.

Do you not understand a complete package? Nice corolla you have there faggot.

........We're talking about faggots crying about "muhhh pig fat" as if that has any relevance to a factory car. The car is what it is, idiot. Weight is irrelevant to it's handling, times, and speed.

IDGAF if it weight 90000000lbs if it can do a 1/4 mile in 11 seconds and the nurburg in 7 min. Then a faggot comes in and says "hurrrr pig fat, get a BRZ!!!""" The weight is IRRELEVANT when comparing two cars performances.

>the weight is irrelevant
>a 2008 Charger that weighs 4,400 fucking lbs and pushes around 300 crank HP is slower than my 1995 Integra at 170 crank and 2,67X lbs
Explain, and before you do, yes the V6 charger has a "better" gearing ratio.

Keep leaving out mass retard.
And take an engineering course.

I'm not leaving it out. That's the center of the discussion idiot. I'm saying it's not relevant when discussing performance of factory cars. It's irrelevant. KYS cuck.

It is always relevant. It is the core of everything a car does.

No, sorry.

1994 Acura Integra LS Compare Car 0-60 mph 7.5 | Quarter mile 15.8

2008 Dodge Charger R/T Compare Car 0-60 mph 5.6 | Quarter mile 14.1

Not WHEN COMPARING CARS PERFORMANCE. IT IS IRRELEVANT. Jesus how stupid are you? It can weight 100000000000lbs, but if it has better performance the >pigfat meme IS IRRELEVANT.

The 08 v6 had 250 crank HP. And like 170 to the wheels.

And the conversation is about weight being irrelevant when discussing performance numbers. The numbers are all that matters.
The integra is the better performance car most likely than a big 4 door cruiser. And a 370z is much heavier than an integra. The weight when comparing performance of the cars is a non issue. The only thing that matters are the times.

>Charger RT
>V6
>170 HP
>Integra LS
GSR, SXT, try again. SXT - 8.X seconds.
GSR - 7.X seconds.
And the big 4 door cruiser is a better performance car when it ups it's power to weight ratio... but don't mind that because weight is irrelevant!

Also the 13 years of tech difference, obvious displacement and peak torque/HP, not to mention the Charger undoutedly has the "much more usable powerband" because it doesn't have to rev to 7k to reach peak numbers.

its a good looking car.
I really wanted it.
Then found out it was FF.

Still a good car. I always reccomend it to others who don't mind FF

Mass always matters.