Noob? Git gud:

webums with sounds:

Previously on /dbt/

Other urls found in this thread:

cedarrapids.craigslist.org/mcy/6073069583.html
youtube.com/watch?v=GcUiSYLjVe4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for 125cc enough cc

I got a bunch of MaxWrist stickers today. What should I do with them?

mate of mine in college had an aprilia RS125 and swore blind that it did a tonne

bikes are gay

Snow looks cool.
But I really need to buy a cover.

Should I get this adaptive LED single headlight conversion for a '16 street triple R? It's included with the purchase or I could negotiate down and get the ugly stock units put back on.

Forgot pic.
I should lay off the drink.

ja

It does look sick, though it depends what you want. I'd go for it if I had one, a buddy has an RX and I just can't get over how ugly the front end is, which is a shame because the rest is beautiful.

T.Graduated licensing

My housemate used to own one as well. A tonne is definitely believable on an RS125.

i want to get a bike but i'm a giant pussy
how do i become not a giant pussy? my only friend with a bike has a nice ducati and obviously i'm not going to ask him to teach me on it
i just started learning to shift in a manual car as well so i'm not too familiar with shifting yet
is there any way for me to not be a giant pussy or am i just doomed
i also have bad vision and need to wear thick glasses
will helmets have enough room for me to wear them comfortable and not break
please respond

>finally found the source of the slow oil leak that's been driving me insane for literal months
>it's just a leaky o-ring on the oil cooler hose assembly
>mfw

I feel like such a retard. I was checking gaskets, the seam of my fucking engine, everything except that. At least I've got the o-ring coming in now. After this, I just need to get new clutch plates and tires, and the bike will be pretty much 100% back to her former glory.

Start on something small and work your way up. What specifically about a bike scares you? Is it the speed? Balance? The technique itself?

MSF course

picking up my new bike tomorrow, but can't buy jacket and pants until friday since im broke.

limbs will be lost.~

shifting, the speed, retarded drivers, being able to die from the slightest mistake

It's expensive as fuck but its worth it. I have it on my softail and I'm really digging the all black look.

shifting is piss easy once you get the hang of it. Really, I couldn't even drive stick until a year after I learned how to ride a motorcycle.

Speed is spoopy at first but it gets super fun once you get the hang of it, and cornering becomes even more fun.

Retarded drivers and increased danger is the price you gotta pay for being on a bike, but it's so worth it.

Most of those things are actually also true with cars but everyone lies to themselves.

i don't think i've ever had a helmet i couldn't slip glasses under

imo bikes are easier to learn clutch control on because hands typically have more refined motor skills

as far as riding like a bitch you might actually be better off for it.

You won't die from the slightest mistake, it's not THAT high stakes, especially on a smaller slower bike. Shifting is easy, if you can do it in a car you can do it on a bike, you don't have to think about which gear you're in specifically, it's just up and down.

Start on a small bike and speed won't be a problem.

>will helmets have enough room for me to wear them comfortable and not break
I do not wear glasses myself, but I suppose you should be able to wear them, plenty of people do, although if the are very thick or something they might get uncomfortable after a while

but i'm a competent driver, i'm not a competent motorcycle rider (obviously)
so shifting on a bike is easier than in a car?
maybe it's my area, but I feel like people are just so fucking retarded when it comes to driving death machines that i would just instantly regret my purchase on my first ride
when you say small do you mean size or power

I've noticed with sun glasses that if you've got wide frames then it's a bit of a squeeze to get them in your helmet but you barely notice after like a minute

>when you say small do you mean size or power

Power mainly, but size if you like. Low power bikes tend to be light so you don't have much to manage beneath you. Something like a CB125F is a perfect bike to try learning on.

i had an rs50 that could do 60mph, so 100 form the 125 is probable
when they're working that is

small as in both size and power

smaller size is easier to maneuver and brake, smaller power means less throttle response as you develop control over your right hand.

>so shifting on a bike is easier than in a car?
Yes. You just go up and down, and there's a much more tactile connection between the body and the machine, so getting a feel for when to shift up or down, and how to let out the clutch is far easier.

>maybe it's my area, but I feel like people are just so fucking retarded when it comes to driving death machines that i would just instantly regret my purchase on my first ride

I live in Houston TX. My first bike was a 1979 honda XL250s. If I could survive on such a little pile of slow-ass shit in one of the worst cities in the US to drive around in, I promise you that you will be okay.

You'll pick it up as you ride. Ask other riders for tips and such. Don't be scared and assume everyone is a risk to pull out in front of you or cut you off ect. And get your emergency stops down pat. You'll be fine, even if you do come off just get back on

Should I replace this or take it somewhere to get it welded.
The thing is I don't know the area, and how to just walk up and ask for it to be welded.

Why not get a speed triple or a sprint and stop being such a pussy?

Find the price of a replacement and go from there. It might cost you just as much to get it repaired. You could probably find one on eBay for ~$20.

Replace.

>wanting to have your grorious badge of suzuki honor all muddled up by weld spots

SHAMEFUR DISPRAY

$30 for chinese one on ebay.
None of the parts stores seem to have it, they everything but that.

The cheap replacement wouldn't have one at all tho.
To be honest I don't mind so much, really more of a honda fanboy. But I respect most bikes.

Seller is including it with the bike at a really good price, I'm getting a great deal with it included. Will definitely get it now.

dont get the chinese one. i tried that once to save money and i ended up having to buy a OEM one anyways cause the chinese one dumped oil.

t. cager

Striple is fine, you can break every US highway speed limit in first gear. No need for anything faster for a daily commute bike that will be fun on the weekend.

Make sure you get the original one made by JW speakers and not some chick copy that have a poor range of visibility.

Why do motogp bikes use a dry clutch?

haha time for hills.

I would leave it, it arguably looks better and it'll definitely be brighter.

Fuck you for calling me a nerd!

Yeah. I don't really want the chinese one, but I can't seem to find oem.
There is some listings in the UK and Germany for double the price. Looks exactly the same though.

Is that a postie?

More is more! I rode the small triple but i fell in luvvv with the big one. The 800 in the tiger is a good compromise, but the supersport engine is too small for my taste. The 1050 platform is flawless, and with -1/+3 sprockets it ALMOST feels like a superbike.

what is that.

MSF course. You don't need coordination or great vision to ride, but you do need to be calm and thoughtful.

I rode for several years before bothering to buy a truck. (I wrench on cars but they bore me. At least trucks are useful...)

You'll be fine if you learn to ride with proper instruction and then ride as often as possible.

LED headlights are shit. Especially the chinkshit ones.

A CT90, the posties older brother.

Everyone including mechanics gets bit by little shit sooner or later. Learn and move on.

Even the Space Shuttle engineers had O-ring issues.

Noice, how is it? They seem like a ton of fun

Replace. I'll spare the tedious welding explanation but I have the gear and skill to weld it and I still wouldn't bother.

Ebay is a great place to buy parts.

No used ones?

p fun if you can deal with idiots riding your ass as you're doing 45 in a 35. I've actually managed to haul the parts bike on the back of it in two trips.

Nope. If there was I'd do it in a heartbeat, still more trustworthy than chinese.
I did seem to find a site that has them, but $140.
So it's that or the UK one on ebay for $80

Ok, I got different opinions yesterday, but didn't have a pic then.

Fuck me if this one fucking part is impossible to find through something reputable.

>hydraulic clutch
What is this godmachine?

Dude they're like 40$ buy one off eBay it'll be cheaper than a weld anyway

Is there a way of checking whether my brake bads should be replaced without removing the caliper and shit?

try looking at them

Bandit 1200, is this like not a normal thing.
I'm fairly new with working on bikes.

Yeah, but chinese...
Someone told me yesterday I could get someone to weld it for like $10-20

These are genuine US made JW Speaker, but are they actually bad or did you just read that on Veeky Forums?

Thank you kektus for helping me pick this shit

Hydraulic clutches are usually only on larger bikes because the clutch has to be a lot heavier. Better in about every way though.

So I'm thinking about getting into bikes, and yes I read the sticky
Here's what I'm thinking: I like driving and I like cruising around for fun. the problem is that the lifestyle I plan on living will require me to have a truck which isn't that fun to drive. I wouldn't be able to afford a truck and a fun car but I could afford a bike. that way I could have fun driving the bike.
would it be reasonable to use a bike as a DD for a 20-30 minute drive from the countryside to a small city? I live in northwest washington so it rains a lot but I could take the truck on rainy days.

I haven't tried that specific headlight. Since it may or may not be designed specifically around the LED bulb for road use, it might be better. However my experience with LED headlights has been entirely negative.

Yeah, that's what I do but with a shitbox car instead.

cedarrapids.craigslist.org/mcy/6073069583.html
>sweating_man.webm

Also,
>ride to work when still dark and damp
>emerge from 5 hours in nether regions of bldg
>walk to little store nearby
>weather's beautiful
>get off work
>totally overcast
Thanks, Iowa.

Oh, ok.
Other than dirt bikes, I've never rode on anything smaller than a 954.
This would be the first bike I actually work on tho.

250 or 350 dual sport.

Possible bikes:
>Yamaha WR250
>Suzuki DR350 (older and harder to find, but tough as nails)
>Honda CRF250 (L or rally) Honda XL250s

If I were to ride without one of these carb breather filters (the foam specifically) how long until my carb would be fucked

Pic related but not me

Even my dirt bikes don't have those. Aren't your hoses routed downward from the carb?

You want one to not get crap in your engine.

Dual sports cool sports. Honestly, the DR650, KLR650, and XR650 aren't bad starter bikes for you either, since it sounds like you'll be on the highway a bit. What type of bike interests you?

At least be happy the snow is gone

Nah it sits under the seat, it's a DR650 thing I think

Yeah. I expect snow in May because lolmidwest, though.

>pic
>captions
I was having a good day. Now I'm mildly sad.

DR650 is the best 650 single in this, or any universe

A bike's a bike, just get one light enough for you to pick up with throttle and steering you can actually control

Anyone here know if Gen 2 Bandit 600 links will fit a Gen 1 Suzuki Bandit 600 and lower the seat?

Don't do it, Street Triple lights look weird but it's part of the package.

Didn't mean to make you sad :c

If you clamp the cover snugly on a flat plate such as a ground surface and your weldor carefully cleans the cover with acetone (you can do that yourself but he'll likely do it again) he could TIG it if he's very experienced with casting repair.

Aluminum castings are prone to warpage and "hot shorting" (cracking when they cool) so it's a job for a skilled weldor with casting experience and it's still subject to fucking up.

Unless the weldor is your bro I don't see him doing it for less than a used cover, but he might.

Xr650r>dr650

>best
I do love it. I got to ride CC81PT's XR650 and it was pretty beast though.

My social life is pretty thin since moving here. I went to work on nights for over a year, so I really didn't spend much time trying to meet qt grills and motobros. No worries though; I got dbt and my old friends on Skype.

>Someone told me yesterday I could get someone to weld it for like $10-20

I'd be impressed if a good weldor would turn on the machine for that much. Bubba with a spool gun would wreck it.

This is the one time you can ever consider yourself as correct, kit kat

youtube.com/watch?v=GcUiSYLjVe4
>put down helmet visor
>crash motorcycle
I don't know much about motorcycles but if they're this inherently unstable and dangerous how do you guys not die en masse

Iowa seems boring give it some time.

hmm. these are all kinda dirtbike type things. I always liked cruisers more. would that not be a good choice? like a honda rebel 250?

Ok, yeah I guess I can see that now.

Do you think it would last a few months. Cause that's when I get back home. My dad was an airframe welder in the navy. He might do it for free. If he still has the equipment.

oh sorry should've put you in this
I always liked cruisers more never really liked how sport bikes or dirtbikes looked.

You have to be 18 to post here

If you're not going over about 55 a Rebel 250 will be fine. You will want more grunt before long though.

Des Moines is pretty decent. The hills are nice but there aren't any real twisties that I've found beyond a nice curvy road through a little nature preserve.

rebel 250 is fairly underpowered unless you're gonna be moving around at like 50mph max

I live in an area that has a 66% retiree rate, with drivers driving into buildings and flipping cars in grocery store parking lots. Along with the highest concentration of Jews in the entire planet second to Israel, and they're fucking insane drivers; and that being said, any person I know in my area who's been killed on a bike is due to speeding.

Overall if you crash, I can say most of the time it's avoidable by just giving a shit about your surroundings

I think the first guy is just retarded and squeezes the front brake maybe?

Try more rural areas there are plenty of twisties

Yea I tried figuring out what went wrong but you can't tell much, to crash that quickly he obviously did something VERY wrong like grabbing a handful of front brake

play it at 0.5 speed he pulls on the front brake with all 4 fingers and you can hear the tires squeal