/ng/ - Nioh General

big guy edition

Latest Patch Notes
>fextralife.com/nioh-1-04-patch-notes/

>What does each element do?
nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Status Effects

>What should I do with the armour/weapons I don't want/use?
Purple/Blue = Disassemble (Then use the blue mats to forge a purple if you have enough)
Yellow/White = Sell or you can give it to the kodamas for amrita and the odd free item.

>What does the summoning candle do?
It returns your guardian spirit to you when you die along with the amrita you collected.

>Should I use soul match?
Honestly, no, not unless you have basically finished the game and have a weapon with some really great stats. As you progress you will get a steady flow of new weapons and armour that is better than what you have. Don't waste your money on soul matching until later.

>Why do people keep mentioning "smithing texts"?
Bosses tend to drop pieces of their armour and weapons when you defeat them. Very rarely they will drop a smithing text which allows you to forge their armour/weapon.

>Which clan should I join? (clan unlocked through progression)
Whichever one has a bonus that you think will benefit your build the most.

Beta guide that could still be useful : pastebin.com/VEHby7kd

list of smithing texts:
pastebin.com/iDcwJWuy

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BIikwfR-yOs
youtube.com/watch?v=SoMFMfn-ckg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

tome is cute!

do side missions even count towards unlocking region 4 in ng+?

done like 5 side missions, and every main except for yuki but i still can't move on

yes

Help me choosing between these two for farming azuchi castle, /ng/

>Yokai close combat damage 11.7%
>Amrita earned from yokai 9.9%
>Amrira earned while LW 28%

Or

>Amrita earned 4.0%
>Amrita gauge addition 11.2%
>Amrita earned while LW 29.9

top one

Thanks. Was on fence for the second one due to multiplier but then I guess it wont matter while in LW.

>forging a few WotW bows for the set bonus
>4 divines and 1 blue
>all the divines are 150
>the blue is 152
Dogs. I soul matched the best one to 152 but still, i cant help but feel jewed.

boss rush when?

You know that one boss and/or enemy you always have trouble with?
Well i beat them in less than an attosecond while blind folded.

Anyone found this helmet yet?

oh yeah well i did it blind folded after removing all of my limbs

Surprised they still let you cheese the tiger thing in the Shrine while it does its lightning breath.

Yeah ive got a shitty blue version.

That's nothing

I beat the three bosses you had the most trouble with all at once, while blindfolded and both hands tied behind my back. On an Xbox

Does it have any unique special effects?

I don't like forging

I hope when PvP is added you can turn off certain gear stats

I think it may just be luck and some amrita or gold bonuses, ill turn on my ps4 and grab a screeny

>I can drop 3mil on Aya-Komori to raise it from 1 to 23
>This only boosts his protection stats by 2.2% and the unlimited ninjutsu by 2.9%

for what purpose

Well i oneshoted all the bosses as once before the title screen came up while burning myself alive so only my flaming hardon was left to properly hold an Alpha-Grips controller in swahili font. Also you're ugly.

>luck +8
wow it's so shit

Yeah it really is. Its a low level though so i think its just a terrible terrible roll. Did youbwant me to drop it somewhere for you for collections sake?

>Only put points into spirit and magic
>Only use a wooden sword
>Spam non-sloth onmyo shit and living weapons

Viable?

Not too far in the game, do you get most of this neat gear from random chests? I haven't noticed specific enemies dropping unique gear other than smithing materials.

Mostly from revenants and bosses i guess. The loot rolls in super thick and fast so i usually have a look at the haul after a mission or 2.

nah, thanks for the offer but I'm not at home.

Got this early in NG around level 50 IIRC. Already sold it of course.

You need some points in other stats to unlock bonuses from armor as well to make it viable.

there are a lot of unique helmets that come exclusively from unique developer revenants in certain missions

then there are also 3 jap preorder helmets than can only be passed around by other player revenants

if honda uses his hp regen in ng+, just let him kill you honestly

he was healing faster than my dps and i was chaining spearfall knockdowns

i've never seen him heal

>there are a lot of unique helmets that come exclusively from unique developer revenants
Fuck, I've been purposefully skipping developer revs because I figured their gear isn't as good as most players'

>he was healing faster than my dps
Then get a higher dps

kusa combo ezpz

>revenant with only like 2 items equipped
>drops the dragon kubuto
was he doing that so that i'd have a better chance of getting the dragon headpiece?

Well after my dojo set run i did a naked wooden sword run as well. Humblebrag/no-you-didn't aside its Nioh, everythings viable so long as you make it viable.

Do a no level run.

They were. I'm almost did fists but they do so much less damage than the unupgraded wooden sword that i just can't bring myself to slog through that so now i'm making a 2kat fun build.

Yes.

there's gear, a clan, onmyo and ninjutsu which increases fist damage. you can make fists do some absurd damage.

I wanna see your no level wooden sword Nobugana and Yuki fight

So I know that one of you need to have beat a level to coop it. Is it the same for twilight missions?

Yes

can't you just use a cup to coop?

I'd have to redo it cause I don't record everything that happens as i do it. I'd also have to find a working computer of some sort.
I actually didn't think of that. I've been taking shit away to artificially increase difficulty so i just figured a fist run would just be me taking away my wooden sword and flying naked.

or just use the ps4s built in recorder and automatically upload to youtube or twitter

>stuck on muneshige yesterday
>gave up when one cunt joined and then quit which wasted my cup
>go in solo today just for warmup, was planning to get help afterwards
>beat him during my warmup
the fuck?

>gave up when one cunt joined and then quit which wasted my cup
kek

>Dying to shiggy

It can do that?
When did this happen and why the fuck have i been using USB's for titanfall2fast webms?

So has the 320 gear been removed yet or no?

yes, it's always recording your last 10 minutes of gameplay and saves the clip when you hit share.
it has a trim feature too so you can cut down clips.

downgraded to 160

it's level 160 now and it's still obtainable.
it's not being removed.

False Shiggy too, since he summoned.

Well shit. I honestly can't say i'd ever have figured that out.

now post that lvl 1 wooden sword fight

They do but main missions have a lot more weight.
This system is stupid anyway, what is even the point of locking exactly half the stuff? Either make a full ng+ or unlock everything.

nah, it makes sense
they didn't want to leave it all unlocked but letting you choose what to do makes it a lot less boring

just how rare are Yasakani magatama (-1 set bonus)

been following this route, youtube.com/watch?v=BIikwfR-yOs
been like an hour now, no luck

i was getting like 2-3 per hour using the wall glitch, delete the patch if you can and do the wall glitch.

What's the purpose to not? You gain like millions of amrita in ng+ azuchi in minutes

I got mine as a random drop within a mission. Its an ok roll so i wont bother farming another

i've gotten all 9 of mine from the ginchiyo request mission

maybe about 80 runs in total, about 1 minute per run minus load screens. never had any luck from the bathhouse mission myself, plus the millions of gold from ginchiyo mission is always nice.

Where do I get the Kodama bowl?

Revenants.

do the fucking sub mission
and a good bunch of revs wear these for no reason

if you beat ng+ you get a forging text for it.

Can anybody else inexplicably not parry Hino's swoop charge in The Demon King? For some reason the timing seems nonexistent. I can pull it off flawlessly in the Cavern stage, but for some reason not here

Why even parry it? Step aside and whack her ass while she flies down

For the massive ki damage and obvious style points.

I'm aware of alternatives, I'm just wondering why it seems to be impossible here.

Nice trips.
I will once i get home now that i know this is a thing. 2 1/2 hours or so.

which of these effects is stopping the inheritance from applying?

Whats the window like in the cave mission? Ive never even tried to parry her.

What sub mission?

The only one sub mission featuring kodamas in ogress area

Familiarity.

In the cave mission it's as wide as her vagina. It seems completely nonexistent in Demon King Revealed and the bath house mission with her.

Danke.

Why would you want to inherit mid attack damage in a first place?

I feel like her moveset is tighter in the later missions she appears in. Plus the addition of that single parasol stab attack which i didnt notice in the cave. Guess she learnt her lesson and got gud.

I haven't got fuckin anything else to give it. If there was something else I would have. It's not like its hard to bust out whetstones and fix it immediately if I get something better.

I'm a little surprised this doesn't happen more often honestly.

>just started Way of the Strong
>level 300 revenants

How? Is there some super sekrit Amrita farming tech I've been missing out on?

WE
WUZ
SAMURAIZ AND SHIET
*summons bear*

youtube.com/watch?v=SoMFMfn-ckg

What secret word does /ng/ use If I want to provide assistance?

Does anybody else kind of lose motivation to aid players with boss fights the second they use Sloth? This isn't NG+, either.

Just helped a person through the White Tiger stage and helped with their revenants and whatnot, fine. Get to boss, he opens with Sloth but I don't notice until the boss is around 40% health. I stop attacking and get some distance to watch the guy fight it since I just don't care anymore, and he dies to the boss under Sloth when it was at 10% or less health.

People have died to Yuki-onna this way, too. They get too greedy while I also just sit back after Sloth.

NGGER

sloth should never have worked on bosses
it makes them a joke

well in this case they actually were.

yasuke was a real samurai and there of records of other blacks servings other daimyo.

What's the best way to farm money?

>tfw we'll be getting Sanada and Date in the DLC

That crystal ball had a good way of hyping shit up. You'll get moth girl guardian spirit from Yukimura Sanada screen cap this

>You'll get moth girl guardian spirit from Yukimura Sanada screen cap this
i want the moth girl now though

>mothfucker
kys anytime

what's wrong with moths user?

why wouldn't you on a sword, I literally used nothing but mid stance square attacks on my kata play through

what's the max amount of players for coop?

Host and summon.