What tool brand is good all arounder with cars in mind? Is ryobi decent for a shade tree mechanic...

What tool brand is good all arounder with cars in mind? Is ryobi decent for a shade tree mechanic? Local home despot having ryobi days sale going on.

For house work yes, for the torque needed for cars, mehhhh. They can save time on screws, thats about it. IF you want good tools, but some used snap on shit from a shop that's closing or CL. Get a small air compressor. Save you HOURS of work.

Ryobi tools are always for sale.

If you want to get a deal for good corded electrical tools browse your craigslist ads. Bosch, DeWalt, Black&Decker Industrial, they are good stuff.

If you want to get cordless tools then look at Makita or Milwaukee. Keep in mind, you are marrying the brand if you buy cordless for those damn batteries.

I don't mind marrying into a brand as long as it can satisfy casual use. With that in mind would it still be advisable to buy into a tier up for the sake it?

>ryobi thread
Didn't we just have one of these? Anyway they are fine for home use. For car get a corded or air impact. Air tools are relatively cheap and a air 3/8" wrench is GOAT.

We don't go to Ravenholm

Ryobi tools are fine for around the house jobs, they arnt expensive enough to worry about breaking and they have a huge selection of tools in their 18v line, far more than similarly priced competitors.

i got a 1/2 Ryobi impact wrench a while ago and ive been hating myself for being stupid enough to not have one for so long. taking apart my lawnmower and doing basic car maintenance is so much easier when you have a 300 ft/lb cordless impact wrench doing all the work.

I'd go with milwaukee just for the cordless power ratchet. unless someone else makes one, then get whichever.

Their highest torque impact only does 300 ft/lbs, so you'll have trouble with stubborn rusty bolts if that's a concern.

Pic related, my makita bolt head remover.

If you aren't working on cars for money you are better off using that money for good hand tools. Power tools really only help with time and a few isolated cases, rusted frozen bolts isn't one, dyel

>Ryobi

They're good for house shit, just make sure you get the One+ sub brand with the silver batteries so you're working with complete shit.

>with cars in mind?

Oh yeah, you need Makita/Milwaukee/DeWalt. Look up whichever has the most torque and go with that. Or as others have said, just go corded and get a good heavy gauge (the thicker the better) extension cord if you're working far-ish from an outlet. Corded drills have enough torque to break your wrist and that's not an exaggeration.

so you're not** working with complete shit.

For screws and drilling, Ryobi is just fine. Their 1/2" impact is a total and complete piece of shit though. Don't waste your money on it. I bought one, had it 2 weeks, turn around and sold it. They have zero power compared to what a 1/2" impact is supposed to have. Fucking POS wouldn't even remove a muffler bolt.

Went on eBay, got a Snap-On CT6850 with two batteries and a charger for $177 shipped. Now there's a fucking impact.

their impact wrench is definetely down towards the bottom, like the rest of their tools its built for homeowners uses so it can drive lag screws and knock a few lug nuts off a car or lawnmower but for serious work look elsewhere.

the Ryobi only puts out 300 ft/lbs of torque while that Snap On has 640 ft/lbs and the higher end brushless Makita and Milwaukee models like pic related put out around 1100 ft/lbs of nut busting torque.

For cordless impact wrenches/drivers either go big and expensive or go corded for a car. Anything in between won't be adequate for seized shit.

Makita. Good quality, easy to find and not crazy priced/

1/2" or 3/4" guys?

Porter cable

If you want cheap tools just go to harbor freight.

my nigga

ryobi one+ is GOAT for home mechanic/home handyman shit.

Anyone who says otherwise is retarded.

1/2

>a $400 tool is better than a $150 tool

ya don't say

>implying the ryobi won't do 95% of the shit that the more expensive impacts do for a fraction of the price

I use ryobi gear and have not once come across anything it couldn't crack off... just like most of the people who work on shit at home.

There's no point telling some cunt to spend hundreds of dollars on a tool they don't need

Ryobi's been expanding their cordless tool line a lot lately.

Makita a best. They're the only independent tool company.

Sup bro. I just got one of those too. Takes off my lugnuts on the lowest setting with just a couple impacts.

thoughts?

TTI shit.

y tho?

3/4 is pretty beefy stuff, unless you are getting into some pretty heavy work with 1 to 2in sockets an impact wrench with a 1/2 drive and 3/8 impact rated adapter with cover 99% of your applications.

Dewalt is Chinese garbage now.

K so how fast can this thing go.

Milwaukee electric is breddy good, I bought all brush less drills and impact guns. Ratchets Pittsburgh does well, sockets are decent with lifetime warranty. I own gearwrench sets of sockets because the case is easy to transport and keep organized in boxes. I use gearwrench wrenches too because 250$ for 40ish quality wrenches up to 1 1/4 and 32

I have a bunch of m12 Milwaukee, extended 4.5 amp hour batteries can be had for 40$ on Amazon. So far I've been using them for months and they work well and last forever

You haven't done high torque applications then, not dissing Ryobi for happy homeowner stuff but if you want to loosen old u bolts on an axle it won't cut it. Milwaukee will just about loosen anything you don't absolutely need a big ass cheater pipe for. I have fuel brush less 18v 1/2 impact and there's a handful of bolts it couldn't loosen but it does 90% of what I need it to as a professional mechanic

Works fine for me, or atleast the cordless 18v impact does

How are bosches? Pic related

I picked up pic related for $99 maplebucks. Hard deal to pass on at that price. and the batteries will work on my older ryobi stuff which is nice even if I take them out a couple of times a year. I have a corded impact for any hard stuff.

While I have no doubt that 3/4 impact sockets exist, 99% of impact sockets you'll come across on the shelves will be 1/2"

Well obviously if you're doing high torque shit often then you need to fork out more for something with more power but I've done a lot of different shit on a lot of different cars and the ryobi has served me well.

If I ever needed something more then I'd move on, but I'd never suggest anyone buy something for hundreds more unless they absolutely need it

didnt we just have this thread with the same op pic?

What's with Canada and cheap fucking tools? Conversion rate considered any brand tool sells relatively cheap

Their batteries on that tool line die really fast.

i used to be an electrician. I know it's another trade, but we had to use various power tools on a regular basis.

Ryobi power tools worked decent, but didn't seem to be as beefy, have the useful features, or last as long as the good stuff like Milwaukee or Dewalt.

I've had a Milwaukee impact drill for about 5 years now that's been fucking solid.

If you have the dough, buy a nicer one. You'll appreciate it if you use it regularly.

Sure, but I'd go with Makita, Rigid, Milwaukee, or Hilti first.

This. I got a 4h battery for my trimmer cause it would go through two of those batteries for my yard. Convenience factor. The ryobi inflater where you enter the desired psi is great though.

The batteries that come with it are shit but you can buy really good ones

If you want professional grade tools but don't want to pay snap on meme tax, Matco and Mac tools are good. They're still kind of expensive but not nearly as bad as snap on and they still have a lifetime warranty.

The tool quality gap is so small these days , there is no reason to every buy top shelf brands like those