looks worse as time goes on but gets better and better mechanically
i wish i could afford one

don't they go for 20kish? finance it.

he probably wishes he could afford to maintain it
getting it likely isnt the problem

no actually i cant afford either so i drive an mr2

It's an anachronism
It is also junk
A bespoke twin turbo V8 stuffed into what is essentially a mid-70's chassis with lots of lipstick on it to make it more modern.

You'd have to have a major hard on for these cars to justify dealing with them

>Expensive TT V8
>less power than an N/A LS6
British Engineering at it's finest

i thought it came with a cosworth 4 cylinder.

If it's in good condition, it's ok for a car made out of toilet seats.

Looks nice.
Doesn't work.

Nice Ferrari.

super floppy chassis

Financing is annoying as fuck to get for old cars these days, even if you have a great credit score. They're especially hesitant for sports cars.

So you think you're a special snowflake huh? Well you're not. I don't give a fuck what your mommy told you. You want to buy an uncommon car? You want to drive around in something that says "I'm not like the other girls?" Well prepare to be fucked. Need something fixed? Prepare to pay a mechanic twice as much to fuck it up anyway since he's not familiar with it. "Oh, I'll just learn to fix it myself" you say? Well bend over, Stephanie because parts are going to cost twice as much and you're going to have to pay for shipping too. Think there's gonna be a youtube video of somebody doing exactly what you need to do? Fuck no! Best case scenario and you learn that motherfucker inside out guess what happens when it's time for it to retire and serve as a parts car for a fresher one? Hah! You ain't gonna find one without fucking flying two thousand miles and hoping to fuck it you can keep it running long enough to get it home since the guy you bought it from is getting rid of it for all the above reasons. STOP. BUYING. SNOWFLAKES.

You could get the last generation with a TT V8 from 96 to 2004. The rest were all four cylinder.

Where did the Lotus touch you?

I was impressed with that little guy on TG's Argentine special and I hope the hordes didn't rip it to shreds. That being said I'm fucking amazed at how they've held value in the US, being known for frailty and cost to maintain

In addition, kind of an oddball in later years... a company known for making great handling and lightweight cars but also producing this

That's a sunroof dipshit

If I remember correctly they're a great looking car known for being unreliable and underpowered pieces of shit.

boy if you dont

holy kek i hope this is a joke

It has AE86 lights

what did they mean by dis

wtf is this a delorean

Unless you're one of the major global manufacturers, most minor manufacturers can't afford to make every piece of the car bespoke because it would be inefficiently expensive, so they borrow from pre-existing items to curtail going through regulations process for every original part.

Reminds me of how the Diablo had OEM 300X headlights.

And it covered up the nissan bit with a small carbon fiber strip

Turbo 4 is underpowered but not too badly in a lightweight chassis.

Turbo 8 is detuned from a possible 500 or more HP because of the weak tranny. There is a forged steel upgrade kit available for the trans for 3k. Then you can go back to the intended power. Renault trans, same as DeLorean. Short throw kit would also be a huge improvement if such a thing is made.

High maintenance, it's a Brit sports car so that's natch.

Also, they're undervalued right now, so it's a good investment.

Bu du BU DUUUUU