Car has been sitting in storage for 5 years, won't start. if i take it to a mechanic...

car has been sitting in storage for 5 years, won't start. if i take it to a mechanic, what's a reasonable fee for diagnosing why it won't start? (i'm in los angeles) pic related

You seriously can't figure it out?

Battery
Fuel

this. if you left it with fuel in it you're an idiot.
but it's basically guaranteed to be the battery.

battery and bad gas most likely.

checked both. yes, i can't figure out why it won't start.

my question is not why it won't start, question is how much does a mechanic charge to figure out why it won't start.

Does it crank

yes

Then it's most likely fuel. Drain it and put in new fuel.

Then again, I never heard about a battery lasting 5 years in storage. I recently got my car out of a 4 month winter sleep with a new-ish battery; and even then the engine didn't start right away the first 2 times.

>Then it's most likely fuel. Drain it and put in new fuel.

did that already

want to take the car to a pro, how much will it cost to determine the cause of it not starting

You're lying if you dropped the tank and "want to take it to a pro".

I second this. Op is a lying piece of piss. Sage thread

i didn't drop the tank. took out the fuel pump and used a hose to syphon out the fuel.

I would say check the injectors are firing.

A mechanic is going to be doing exactly what you are doing but charging you money for it and will probably make a few problems up for a few extra beans.

With your cocksucker? Ew

Did you check your fuel filter?

The battery could seem to have a charge but not enough power to start the car. >Dealt with a bad battery earlier last month. It was slowly going bad over the winter. It kept getting worse
>I would try to start and stall out
>Had push the gas pedal to get it to start and it's fuel injected.
>Thought it was a fuel issue or the starter going out.

bro a mechanic is going to fuck you in the ass from every which way possible. expect $700+

First you should kill yourself for neglecting a godmachine like a Gen5 Accord. Next you should give it to me so I can turn it into a super sleeper.

>>gen 6
Ftfy

This

why is accord godmachine? it's ff

Reasonable fee?

Some mechanics will diagnose it and give you a quote for free. Other, busier, shops will charge $60-100.

When I was younger and flipped cars for extra income I'd take them to a shop and ask them for a free inspection.

When I received a list of things to be fixed I'd take it home and personally inspect what's listed. Typically everything listed was actually in need of replacing.

Diagnosing vehicles is easy with a lift and the correct tools.

As for a no start issue, I wouldn't be surprised if they'd do it for free, assuming they're under the impression they'll be the ones fixing it.

However
>Siphoning 5 year old fuel
Not sure if I'm believing you. I've had gas gum up after two years when I lived down south.

Change the filter and try again.

3rd gen is godmachine. Others not so much.

There is no fuel filter on 6th gen accord.

There is a metal screen before the tank. I tried siphoning the gas on my 6ga when it had half a tank of fuel and I couldn't, which is why i believe OP is lying about refreshing the girl and still just has either bad gas or shit battery and is asking us for a realistic mechanic quote instead of getting buttblasted by a mechanic.