What's the best aftermarket steering wheel?

What's the best aftermarket steering wheel?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Design-Alcantara-Steering-Wheel-Cover/dp/B01MZZZ05X/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1491459996&sr=8-4&keywords=alcantara steering wheel cover
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>no airbag
>usually found in slow fwd shitboxes
>could be sold for half the price, still with huge profit
>no buttons
>heavier than plastic steering wheel
why?

Nardi

>no airbag
so what?

that is wrong, unless you are talking about shit quality steering wheels like NRG, Grip Royal, DND.

>could be sold for half the price, still with huge profit
Capitilism,

>no buttons
Buttons for what?

>heavier than plastic steering wheel
wrong.

If you are driving a car like a Miata, E36, or some other 20yr old "sporty" shitbox, an aftermarket wheel is quite alright. esp if you plan on taking it to the track.

while I think Nardi is great, people only think Nardi is the only good aftermarket wheel, which is not true. Vertex, Personal, OMP, Sparco all make great wheels

>so what?
Do you have a 5 point harness and HANS?

While I'll give you Sparco, I have no idea who the others are

>plastic
Uhh, you realize they aren't solid plastic right?
It's a metal frame with plastic over it

its because you are probably new to cars. Those "others" have been in the aftermarket wheel industry for a long time.

Personal Steering wheels used to be in 80s F1 cars. Pic related was on Senna's McLaren MP4/4

If I remember correctly, those are like 15 grand a piece.

Nah, not new to cars, just never really shopped around for aftermarket steering wheels, there's been more companies popping up since the Momo and Sparco only days, back in the 90s Vertex didn't exist neither did Personal and OMP were unknown to most outside of the racing circuits in Europe

based Nardi.

>No airbag
>So what

Yeeees Goyim, the mortician is grinding his hands together in anticipation.

>being an antisemite

this is like another shoah

Are harnesses street legal?

>not being an antisemite

Good Shabbos Goy

OMP is shit for baby boomer retards with muscle cars and retard who are too cheap to buy a nardi.

Fuck OMP.

yeah

wat.

OMP is a pretty good wheel manufacturer what are you on about? They are used in actual Race Cars.

I've never seen an OMP in a muscle cars.

If anything they are better than Grip Royal, DND, and NRG wheels

Really? I heard they weren't

Just because something is used on race cars doesn't mean it's good.

There are race cars on rota wheels.

There are race cars with such poorly designed graphics that if they were done by a graphic design student in a university, they would fail their assignment.

>Grip Royal, DND, and NRG wheels

It doesn't take much to be better than those brands though.

Nardi shits all over OMP.

shit on my chest mate

NONE

Aftermarket steering wheels are for ricers.

Use your stock wheel.

Given that that's an actual F1 wheel, you're looking at $100k+.

I rolled a car without airbags and walked out. If airbags had gone off, I would have likely injured my neck.
Seatbelts save lives, airbags kill.

My stock wheel is really big, sun damaged, and the handle has turned into foam because of how old it is.
I upgraded to an OMP and it feels great, gives much better control, and looks good.

>not buying an aftermarket wheel WITH an airbag

>Vertex, Personal, OMP, Sparco all make great wheels

>Ricer steering wheels.

I don't want a wheel that my 14 year old neighbor down the street has on his Honda.

Why do ricers always have to justify their mods?

That picture wasn't my car, and not all mods to a car are rice you know.
The steering wheel is much smaller than the previous one, and while not being crazy small, it still gives me better control than the previous one.

i didnt know F1 Racers are ricers.

>I don't want a wheel that my 14 year old neighbor down the street has on his Honda.

I didnt know Ricers can afford $400 steering wheels.

>not having an ergonomic Italian leather steering wheel stock
>being this much of a pleb
pic related, not mine but identical

>Alpha Romeo

Might as well shovel cash out the window.

Those wheels are for actual racecars, removing airbags is against federal law. Your insurance can refuse your claim if you remove an airbag.

>oversized and dirty shoes

Jokes on you faggot, my car never had an airbag.

>against federal law

Removing airbags isn't against fuck all. The only thing the Federal government controls is how manufacturers sell the cars. It's up to state governments to pass laws to enforce safety inspection standards after the car is sold.

Sexy :^)

>living in a state with inspections

just get a cheap one, you're a shit driver anyway

>Clit mode

I see why

>not wanting to be harmlessly thrown away to safety
enjoy dying

This one. It'd be even more the best aftermarket steering wheel if they did away with one of the spokes

>federal law
No one gives a shit lad. You'll look back on this once you've grown up and be embarrassed for yourself. Personally I feel sorry for you. At least you've made this mistake anonymously online so it won't have any consequences for you. I just hope realise how dumb this is some day and take it back.

What part of not mine do you not understand?
Haven't spent anything significant on the car since I bought it 2 years ago friend
Also it's Alfa :)

>so what?

So you WANT to die? Okay then.

>everyone who has an aftermarket wheel gets in an accident and dies

really made me think

If you go to an aftermarket wheel for any other reason then your original wheel breaking or airbag going off you're a try hard weeb faggot.

Depends entirely on where you live in the world. Fucking how hard is it to Google "harness legal (state,country ect.)"

to impress your JDM illest senpai on instagram

Not in Australia

Fug :DD u got me

I can justify it by saying mine didn't came with airbags so there is no risk.

My car came with a stock Momo leather wheel. Never occurred to me to look at aftermarket..

>TRD
>aftermarket

>kers
>no TFT display

What year is it grampa

Only the finest in craftsmanship, precision, and plastic fake chrome.

>fixed bucket seat
>5 point camgear harness
>roll cage

Why do I need an airbag?

Do you get an airbag when you get on the bus every day to get to your wageslave job?

are these alcantara?

Some, not all. But that shit feels great on steering wheels

agree

amazon.com/Design-Alcantara-Steering-Wheel-Cover/dp/B01MZZZ05X/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1491459996&sr=8-4&keywords=alcantara steering wheel cover

God damn it, I want one so bad but $163?

Guess I'm waiting for cyber monday 7 months from now.

>steering wheel cover
Oh god

>m-muh airbag

fucking pussies

You are more likely to die of whiplash than even touching an airbag, that is if the airbag is not a frag grenade or on the side of the doors ready to break your ribs.

>Your insurance can refuse your claim if you remove an airbag.

But the real question is do you actually tell them they have no airbags or are they going to dive to your house for surprise anal inspections every year?