/mmog/ - MMO General

Dark and Light edition
This general is for discussing new and upcoming MMOs, or MMOs with populations that are too small to sustain their own generals.

>Recommendations
pastebin.com/x16DzU0M

>Game databases
mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm
mmobomb.com/games/

>Popular foreign MMOs & MMOs in development
pastebin.com/iALuQdht

>Popular upcoming MMOs
Bless: bless.aeriagames.com/
Revelation Online: ro.my.com/en
Dark and Light: playdnl.com/
Albion Online: albiononline.com/en/home
Ashes of Creation:
ashesofcreation.com

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

returnofreckoning.com/
youtu.be/KHTWhIF5cqI
krosmaga.com/en/community/codes
blade3575.com/Abyss/
mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm
gamelist.mmosite.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

RevOnline will be fun for a few weeks.

>tfw no demain

Who want to play Peria Chronicle with me?

When it comes out I will.

is it good

Can I be a cute sissy boy?

I HAVE LITERALLY NOTHING TO PLAY AAAAAAAA

Play NovaRO with me.

Just play the waiting game.

Don't listen to this guy Play Mabinogi with me.

Play Diablo 2 with me.

I'm gonna make a bow barb.

Fuck off.

Only if user made the vg server again.

>no mmo that has sexy modern graphics combined with Vindictus/DmC/Nier type combat with Dark Souls/Vindictus difficulty of enemies/bosses and the lifeskills of BDO
when

Sounds like shit, pham.

Nier had basic combat.

>I play grindy games while jacking off or watching anime

automata?

>Anytime someone says mentions Nier now it's going to be about Platinum's new turd

Nier was garbage anyway

Everyone suggest things that have no place in mmos. I'll start.

Potion spamming. Fuck BDO.

>Nier was garbage

How can I make good money in Mabi that doesn't involve selling shit to other players?

Aren't there multiple Lovecraft movies?
Also hasn't he inspired a ton of people?

A lot of indie games delve into cosmic horror these days.

Daily sagas on multiple characters.

Is Mabinogi fun to play? Post screenshots faggots

Good for a month then you get bored since there's nothing to do.

>there are not years worth of stuff to do in mabinogi
Game is a sandbox and you can go most place and do anything. Go to ant hell you bundle of sticks and fight some giant killer ants.

Can I just travel around the world as a bard/minstrel without killing/questing?

Tons of stuff take inspiration from Lovecraft.

Guess I should have said a "high budget movie or game."
Tho bloodbourne was great.
But most movies are something you'd see on the SyFi channel.

Well you will not get a ton of exp but you can. Also mabinogi does not really have kill X and get exp quests. Unless you buy them.

Anyone here play Warhammer private server? returnofreckoning.com/

Tried it and it was trash.

Explain. Well Warhammer Online is shit to begin with.

Laggy glitchy shit. Uninstalled after 10 minutes.

>no mmo that has sexy modern graphics combined with Vindictus/DmC/Nier type combat with Dark Souls/Vindictus difficulty of enemies/bosses and the lifeskills of BDO

You're asking for different types of game rather than one type.

>Sexy modern graphics
>Vindictus
That's Black Desert Online

>DmC
>not DMC
You disgust me. Anyway that's Kritika and/or PSO2.

>difficulty
Subjective. I can place you in situations in any game where the game is hard. First thing to do would trying to solo Tera dungeons. Also, you bought up Vindictus, just go play Vindictus. Blade & Soul also have these dungeon that aren't meant for soloing but can be solo'd. And even revelation has them. So in terms of hard content there you go.

For challenge there's PSO2 Time Attack. You just run it and continue to improve. There are also DMC-like combo potential in PSO2 with weapon switchin and such so if you want to make a combo movie you can do that too. Soloing bosses while placing self challenges on yourself is a thing in PSO2 too.

For the highest skill ceiling in terms of PvP there's DFO, Kritika, and/or Blade and Soul. But more so DFO and Kritika because it's not a "wait for my cooldowns" game. Their skills have very short cooldown (1 - 5 sec) and rely more on player skill.

While typical MMOs are all about managing skill cooldown, basically the first person to use all his skill to land a hit wins because then it's just back and forward usage of skills.

So...

Dungeon Challenge = Tera > BnS > Revelation > Typical MMO combat
Creativity/Self Challenges = PSO2 > Kritika > Typical MMO combat
PvP = DFO > Kritika > Closers(?) > BnS > Typical MMO combat

What a garbage post.

you're retarded
I'm 'asking' for exactly what's there
fast-paced, reaction combat against enemies/bosses fighting for their life (with decent hitboxes), with nice graphics similar to DS3 or something
all that with MMO aspects like progressions, lifeskills, a million quests and an ok main storyline
with an open world with Witcher 3 levels of detail
this will never happen because MMOs are 3 month cashgrabs

Jokes on you, everything is going all according to plan.

lol

Why is it a garbage post?
Sound like you wanted a better looking mabinogi with vindi's combat. Nexon would make so much money if they just make a updated mabinogi.

No you're not, you asking for multiple things rather than one main core. Do you not understand how money works in this world? If you have 1 billion dollars to blow to from a team that will build all these features into a game and have them ready to go on day one then I I've be here waiting for you to make that game. If not, then open your eyes to the truth, you will never get a game with more than one core aspect because this shit cost alot of money.

I recently heard that Bless Online cost more money to make than any MMO to ever exist and that's fucking hilarious because I think Bless is utter garbage.

>because this shit cost alot of money
and if done right can make it all back and more

Lost Ark Online was supposed to be a quick cash grab game, but when the developers and the company behind them notice the huge positive feedback that back peddled hard as fuck because now they actually have to make a real fucking game lol.

New Ashes of Creation video
youtu.be/KHTWhIF5cqI

Then why did they downgrade the graphics?

Looks quite cool, but the bloom and motion blur from the unreal engine give me eye cancer.

>getting cucked

It's called getting NTR'D ya dummy.

If you join I'd happily explore with you and defend you. I've never played before and I'm worried if I play with these fuckers I'll get pulled into their wake and skip a bunch of stuff.

There's a shit ton of story quests and as bad as anime-based story usually is I still want to check it out.

Krosmaga just released a few days ago, also, on IOS and Android. They are giving out one free gold, silver and bronze packs for the first week, you just gotta type "GOKROSMAGA" here:

krosmaga.com/en/community/codes

Go and roll accounts if you wish for your first infinite. They are guaranteed on gold packs; they lvl up, unlock comics, videos and upgraded versions of them with better or totally different effects; also, they unlock unique/noncraftable krosmic cards, that are the equivalent of uniques on other games (limited one per deck.)

For the old people, yeah, they adjusted the crafting system, is way more fair disenchant and craft cards. I love it. There is dungeon mode as well, kinda like hearthstone, but you can play it for just 15g the try, 3 tiers, with 4 cards each. Tier 1 is piss easy, 2 is way too hard. You can unlock the whole set of cards for 400-500-600 kamas if you don't wish to do the effort (and RNG.)

--------------------

I got rank 27 'cause I was lazy, and got a shiny pedestal, 100g, 10 fragments, and an infinite I didn't have. Check yours, if you ever played ranked and got to 20, you have gifts waiting.

Also, this was my roll on my free gold pack. I'm thinking of making a wabbit deck now that I have almost all the pieces. I already got a chafer one that gave 14 wins on a row with my eniripsa. Game is fun.

Also, Jim, yeah, is a MMO. Deal with it already.

Also, I forgot, we are having a bonus new season; this one is ending in 3 days, so climb as much as you can to get a nice chest. I want at least 20 for a free krosmic.

>needing a healer to stay alive
Plebs, all of you.

Stop shilling your trash game.

got back to /v/

Ok, enjoy yourself there.

Stop it Jim, don't "reee" on us. The first time was weird, but now is just dorky, mate.

Meant to say go back to /v/ with your "shill' bullshit. We talk about games here and and want to play them with other people.

i wish this board had decent moderation

I wish you stop bitching about people playing games.

i wish you would stop shilling your shitty waifu card game and move to the proper general

I love video games

I have yet to play that game. I'm just tired of faggots like you bitching about video games. Only thing you post is good for is bumping the thread.

Any way to play Mabi without the Nexon launcher? if I get a direct download, does it have its own patcher? I remember this shit being borderline malware last time.

>im tired of you faggots complaining about french card games being shilled in a mmo general

>Dungeon Challenge = Tera

Too bad you ruined it with your spelling mistake, /v/boi.

Not sure if the steam version is any different but there's also mods over at mabimods.net

Please someone do this

Did you play in the Veeky Forums server? It was mad fun, trannies included.

You can get DirectLaunch from here blade3575.com/Abyss/
but it does not download patches
There are some patchers like PowerPatcher, but currently they are detected by NGS

not an mmo

Also did they change the Win 5 in a row quest? It seems to give 100 gold instead of a gold pack now.

>No Minstrel buddy to travel the world with. ;_:

When is it going to come out? It was meant to be released in 2015.

There is a 99% chance that your full of shit and have never manage to solo a single Tera end game party dungeon.

what makes this dark and light edition?

was there some info released that i missed?

I WANT AN MMO TO PLAY RIGHT NOW AAAAAAAAA

You have brain damage if you think that's the same. Difficulty that feels good and natural is something that game devs have to design; you trying to solo content that wasn't meant to be solo'd or trying to get to max level without dying are not specifically designed challenges that make you feel accomplished to complete, it's just shit that makes your life harder.

Mabinogi, join the fun train. I'm trying it myself.

I want to murder you.

He doesn't actually want to play anything you silly person, he's just here to shitpost.

Fuck off retard, of course I want to play an mmo. You're the one shitposting with your baseless projecting.

What server?
>in b4 he fell for the alexina meme

The one you're not in cunt.

Still patching atm, my character from a million years ago was Mari I think but he has all of 2 hours of gameplay, so I'll probably make a new account. I read you get a lot of free shit if you do anyway.

As helpful as you are and as often as I see your name around I'd prefer to go wherever there are most new players, It'd be great if I could just explore with some other people who don't know what they're doing rather than be carried.

I could give you a cookie cutter response and say some popular AAA mmo or mabinogi but where's the fun in that? Insted I recommend jumping blindly into some really niche mmo no one probably heard of and then telling us what it's like. Shill it if it's fun, get someone to fall for your meme, or show how shit it is. The skies the limit.

mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm
gamelist.mmosite.com/

Okay I'm installing which server faggots WHICH SERVER NO MEMES

Alexina

What the fuck are you talking about autist? Give me an mmo.

He doesn't actually want to play anything you silly person, he's just here to shitpost.

>i posted it again xdddd

This scene made me laugh so hard.

I want to play Atlantica the way it was 4 years ago

>want to play wildstar
>remember it's dead as fuck

Mari

>Give me an mmo.
Dragon Saga

>want to play wildstar
>remember the combat is garbage

It's dead as fuck though.

Alexina