/twg/ - Total War General

Countess of Sylvania edition

>FAQs and General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN

>Warhammer introduction to MP Lords and Heroes
pastebin.com/hPkPujTB
To update: META IN FLUX BOYS, DON'T READ TOO MUCH INTO THIS DATED GUIDE. PLAY GELT NOW WHILE NOBODY KNOWS WHAT IS GOING ON.

>Steam Groups
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>ACTUAL Total War News
Bretonnia and the patch is out.
To get Bretonnia ONE(1) day early(literally right now), sign up to dashboard.totalwar.com

Isabella isn't available until tomorrow it seems.

We have battle map creating tools now. Only land battles and only for custom/custom mp games. Siege battles may be a possibility in the future but they're practically covering their ears and screeching at any mention of using modded maps to improve the campaign.
UPDATE: PEOPLE FIGURED OUT HOW TO DO IT ANYWAY AND OUT OF DAMAGE CONTROL CA WILL BE ADDING OFFICIAL SUPPORT FOR ADDING CUSTOM MAPS TO THE CAMPAIGN ALONGSIDE THE BRETONNIA UPDATE

Warhammer is $12: humblebundle.com/monthly
Not for much longer.

Mods -- twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications

NEW
Update Info -- forums.totalwar.com/discussion/191504/bretonnia-update-patch-notes

>Recent
DLC (good goy) -- store.steampowered.com/app/534331

Suggested Mod Pack (You can pick and choose from the list, Suggested by user):
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=817040576

Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XUhVCoTsBaM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Why is she such a shitty legendary lord?

I will murder every CA employee

Armored Flagellants

In case we actually get to play this shit anytime soon.

THANKS FOR THE CONTENT CA

Bretonnia when

I'm gonna take a shit
If after i return bretonnia not going to work...

>Unbreakable

>free
no money for anyone was lost so why would they care?
who cares?
it's just a small thing that doesn't really matter

still waiting to update the rolling chart... CA pls!

Is there a way to uninstall DLC on steam?

Which files would I have to delete from the folder in order to make steam redownload it?

warhammer being better optimised is a meme, it runs better because its so much smaller scale, the battle size is tiny, and the lighting is garbage

max settings attila looks better and is larger scale than warhammer

If you care more about 10 bucks than you do about spending an hour being annoyed and frustrated then you're a massive faggot

>implying this gets fixed tonight
Everyone at CA has gone home and steam gives literally zero fucks.

AGE OF SIGMAR > FANTASY

warhammer in general is a meme

So are there people who didn't do the preload and can now actually play it while I'm stuck in limbo?

Or is it like this for everyone?

Worship Khorne

WHERE IS MUH KNIGHTS

>No Bretonnia on dashboard.

How long are we waiting for?

SO UH
IS BRETONNIA GOOD?

SLAANESH IS FUCKING DEAD

Wont fix it

tomorrow

>reinstalled the game
>still doesn't install the DLC

Well either they're all playing the game furiosly at the moment, or it's like this for everyone since there've been 0 gloating posts.

1 GB LEFT

Rejoice! For a Knight of Bretonnia provides your shield.

>8 Leadership vs either 36 Melee Def, 22% Weapon Strength or an additional 30 armor
Still kinda underwhelming desu

Lad don't type this shit even as a joke you can get in trouble

I didn't do the preload, the game patched just fine (fuck the allocating of disk space though) and I played a bit.

Game now has changed UI.

NO HE DOESN'T ;_;

Holy shit I actually fixed it

I will fucking murder you and every CA employee.

Fuck all of you cunts

Knight's off on the shitter while the beastmen are attacking
No fucking shields today

maybe if your nanny state lol

less WoM, can also be aoe unlike the lore of life/heavens versions

I sure hope so, these idiots don't deserve anything less

I'm playing it just now as Bordeleaux

Does any of you play warhammer total war? There's something I want to know

Oh wait, you're talking about downloading Bretonnia anyway. My bad, I didn't do that at all. No rush.

Post more cute fembois for slaanesh

pics or gtfo faggot

8 leadership would make the difference between a routing army though. Apples and oranges.

we only play Rome 1 here, sorry.

Okay lads here's what you do to fix the not installing issue, untick the box, restart steam, box will be ticked again but this time d

You're a liar

Hm, that does actually sound decent then.

>I'm playing it just now as Bordeleaux
Post screenshot

no :3

yes!

play? no.
everyone's waiting for Bretonnia to become actually playable

gotta go fast

GROOODGE

didn't do shit

Is it possible to recruit Kholek as Archaon and upgrade his horde to the point where it's not complete garbage?

You get him so late in the game that everyone has upgraded settlements and you only have shitty marauders so you can't really do shit unless you make him follow archaon all the time

GRUDGE

I only recruit him if I have massive amount of cash to just trade him units from my main one and let him loose on smaller undefended settlements.

youtube.com/watch?v=XUhVCoTsBaM

Someone please redraw them

damn

yes, but you will need like 80 turns

>You get him so late in the game.

Recruit a second lord on turn one. Park him out in the chaos wastes. Give him any +growth followers you acquire. Destroy his marauder building and build up to the dragon ogre mound.

Congratulations you've now unlocked Kholek.

Nobody here plays games, we just sit on the internet and complain.

Alright I made a mod that makes it so Castle Drakenhof becomes your capital when you take it as the von Carsteins. Should I add Karak Eight Peaks for Clan Angrund and Crooked Moon? Bear in mind it's a startpos mod.

AKA he's posting from home and pretending they're gonna do something about it
>next update: sorry guys we couldn't do anything after all xD but check out these awesome promotional emails we can now send you

There is no quick way to do it due to the shitty growth mechanic

WoC campaign can be easily beaten with a single army anyhow

You guys are seriously expecting CA to actually do something right when they released THIS?

God fucking damn it

do ALL mods become glitchy/outdated the second a new patch comes or do only some of them require updating?

I really want to keep playing my mods without waiting more for updates

That's just how people looked back then

Bravo, CA!

BRAVO!

What's the fucking point of building farms and doing the peasant economy shit when industry only gives 50 less income and doesn't lose upkeep?

>download update and start as Bretonnia
>charge Grail Knights into the back of some Goblin units
>it takes them over 15 seconds to rout
>quit game
back to Attila I guess, where cavalry is FUN

That's just the dumb zoom bug though, the game looked fine even on release

Yes.

post moar early rome 2

Four of my mods are already updated.

But I can't play.

>incredibly broken to the point where scout equites are able to act as shock cav
>fun

rolling

kek! u just made my day sir

What difficulty? The ai buffs make even gobbos stick around longer than they should

>the game looked fine even on release

t. hasn't played Rome 2 on release

roll

You realize there are different kinds of cavalry, right? iirc Grail Knights aren't shock cavalry, they're just mounted knights. They're for flanking not for quickly routing.

t.I have and you haven't

*attacks u in melee*

Grail knights are the very definition of shock cavalry, they have almost 90 charge bonus.

Grail guardians are the tankier hold the line cav.

Grail Knights are THE shock cavalry you nigger

My mistake then, I confused the two. I was just reading about Breton units too while I wait for this dlc to unlock.

>speed bonus
>no charge bonus bonus

sternsmen wip, going to sneak some vampire heads in.

also I'm reskinning the ror to make use of the new bret units for vc if you laddos haven't figured yet

>Bretonnia launch fail

Time for Attila i guess

Anyone been able to complete a Warhammer campaign on legendary, solo or co-op? How would you compare in difficulty to vanilla Shogun 2?

So playing dorfs, expanded east then west a bit, Grimgor decided I was moving too much and attacked me. I managed to repel him, chase him down, and thought I killed him.

Now, like 10 turns later, he reappeared and has a massive army. And I keep getting my shit kicked in.

Did I mess up in "killing" him? Was I supposed to let him get away?

At the time I was besieging a castle to the NE of where you start and it seemed like Grimgor was trying to get up there to back them up so I stopped him from getting there. I also stopped a few other greenskin armies from going up there

Or do lords not die/get respawned in this game? Never really played Total War before.

Stat comparison between blood & grail knights

Not pictured: Blood Knights have 10 more bonus vs large, and the frenzy bonus should bring their melee attack/charge bonus closer towards the grail knights, although grail knights also have lance formation and immunity to vigour