Dear Christians

The year is 2016. Man has peered into the darkest corners of the cosmos, and observed the universe on its smallest scale. You walk around with more computing power in your pocket than was available to all of NASA in the 1970s. You live twice as long as your ancestors ever could have dreamed of, you have food in abundance and the future is brighter than ever. Humanity has achieved more in the last century than it ever has in its entire history. People are happier, freer, crime is lower, you're safer, more secure, and the entire wealth of human knowledge is available to you at your finger tips. You live in the dawn of humanity, you were born after the long dark night and you will never know the suffering that every other generation did.

And you still think the words of dehydrated desert madmen in the middle east are literal truth, you unironically believe in God, and think homosexuality is a bad thing.

You're literally a walking insult to everything humanity has ever achieved, lmao.

Other urls found in this thread:

theatlantic.com/health/archive/2015/11/boomers-deaths-pnas/413971/
thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/05/04/godless-church-services-for-atheists-go-global.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>People are happier
y-yeah

Indeed senpai, the very concept of religion is literally an insult to humanity itself.

*tips fedora*

Top argument there godcuck, I literally can't even refute it.

get saved user

Get real user.

Reddit is that way

meant for

No, it wasn't. Fuck off retard

Its incredible how godcucks literally can't even properly argument in defense of their "religion" and instead shitpost memes. It truly shows how their subhuman minds are unable to function on the modern world.

>Attention citizen, the Bureau of Happiness and Fulfillment (BHF) has determined that you are happier than you have ever been. Their findings also confirm that life is better than ever and that the past was horrible. The study ultimately concluded that you are lucky to be part of this progressive utopia. Failure to acknowledge the validity of these official government findings will result in a full investigation with the potential for reeducation treatment at a state facility. Please sign below to confirm that you are a happy and satisfied citizen. Again, failure to do so will trigger an investigation and medical evaluation to determine the malfunction which causes you to dispute official government studies. Thank you and have a nice day.

>*tips fedora* XD
>g-go back to r-reddit
lol it's almost as if you cannot defend your beliefs with logic or reason..

>le ebin it's "modern era" meme

What the fuck does any of that shit you posted in OP have to do with finding God or even religion in general?

new atheism is a religion that worships modernism and materialism dude science lmao

god used to be the explanation for the unexplainable
but everything has a fucking explanation now
the only place to 'find god' is outside the universe, existing only as a construct of your mind
if you believe in your own mental constructs you are self-deluding

>Human life was short until recently
This is false

>The future is brighter than ever
This is opinion, one I happen to disagree with.

Also, by what measurement are we ranking achievement, because I would give that to the 19th century desu pham

Things have objectively gotten worse for a lot of people:

theatlantic.com/health/archive/2015/11/boomers-deaths-pnas/413971/

>inb4 dumb hillbillies deserved it xD

Yes we know your ilk are racist against white people.

>those meanies told me i was dumb for having a religion
>w-well they're religious too because i said so!
kill yourself asap.

>b-b-being c-called redditors d-doesn't insult u-u-us
>s-stop saying t-tips f-f-fedora i-it's m-m-mean

thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/05/04/godless-church-services-for-atheists-go-global.html

Religion is about finding peace/harmony/unity/whatever-you-call-it with yourself and your surroundings.

And if your own constructs make you deluded what of society, love, disgust, etc?

The fedora tip is literally a reddit meme you dumb faggot cuck. Kill yourself

take a college-level seminar in global religions mate

new atheism is definitely classed as a religion by many scholars.

t. meme historian

>n-n-no y-y-you're f-from r-r-reddit
Based redditor bringing the snappy comebacks

>I know which memes started on reddit
Redditor confirmed

>Christian """scholars"""

>le autistic stuttering

Cringe

>le
>Cringe

>>>/reddit/

What a massive Luddite, what could be more important than 20th century's the moon landing and Internet?

>I-I-I'll s-s-show h-him I-I-I'm n-no r-redditor
>le

>he fell for the meme landing

Based redditor outs himself again

The boom of scientific progress surrounding the industrial revolution that laid the ground work for it?

This has got to be a troll

>he doesn't believe humans have been to the moon
as if history gives a shit whether or not you believe in it

ITT = Redshit

like I said, you can't do anything but say
>REDDIT *tips fedora* XD

how is anyone supposed to take you seriously?

only reason that nigger is relevant is because he was ((sagan))'s fucktoy.

I'm sorely tempted to make this my new desktop background

the earth is flat

Based redditor still doesn't understand no-one gives a fuck about his worthless opinions

Quality thread so far lads.

I'll make an argument for religion. My standpoint on this has never been the supernatural belief in Christianity, rather the philosophical view. This argument also only applies to Christianity for the West, certainly not Islam.

Basically to understand where I'm coming from you need to look at the two types of people we are comparing here. You have four children, two boys, two girls, all brought up in different environments.

One boy and one girl brought up in a Christian household, one boy and one girl in an atheist household.

The Christian households from the start will be taught morals. Whatever the justification behind these morals is (usually jeebus), they are undoubtedly being taught what is good and what isn't.

The Christian kids will attend church, learn manners and social skills, and usually pursue masculine and feminine hobbies respectively (sports, maybe hunting for the guys, girls will pursue music, art, whatever). Obviously not to say those hobbies are gender exclusive, just examples.

The Christian kids will grow up to both raise nuclear families, instill that same sense of right and wrong in their children that has brought us where we are today, and continue society as a whole.

The athirst children will do "whatever makes them happy", get an arts degree, contribute nothing, drain the system, etc. Etc.

The difference here is that one group has a sense of higher consciousness, that of the society, while the other simply indulgences themselves as much as possible because hey, as long as they're happy it's good.

Anyway, not sure if this made any sense, but my argument is: Christian morals are good for society.

do you enjoy making this board a worse place

The year is 2016. Man has peered into the darkest corners of the cosmos, and observed the universe on its smallest scale. You walk around with more computing power in your pocket than was available to all of NASA in the 1970s. You live twice as long as your ancestors ever could have dreamed of, you have food in abundance and the future is brighter than ever. Humanity has achieved more in the last century than it ever has in its entire history. People are happier, freer, crime is lower, you're safer, more secure, and the entire wealth of human knowledge is available to you at your finger tips. You live in the dawn of humanity, you were born after the long dark night and you will never know the suffering that every other generation did.

And you still think the words of unemployed Jewish intellectual in XIXth century Europe are literal truth, you unironically believe in historical materialism, and think the private ownership of the means of production is a bad thing.

You're literally a walking insult to everything humanity has ever achieved, lmao.

wtf I hate harrison ford now

>REEEEEEEE ATHIESTS ARE ALL FROM REDDIT
why do you cling to this meme? is there really no other arguments you can make?

>counting influence
Might as well add in the Scientific Revolution while you are at it

now I know I'm being trolled. no one is this retarded

>he didn't take trigonometry

>he didn't read the bible

>the year is 2016
IT'S THE CURRENT YEAR. Note this is done in an attempt to make any opposition to what follows seem out-dated.
>Man has peered into the darkest corners of the cosmos
I see you know little about astronomy
>and observed the universe on its smallest scale
or science
>You walk around with more computing power in your pocket than was available to all of NASA in the 1970's
You're making assumptions
>You live twice as long as your ancestors ever could have dreamed of
Incorrect and as we're on a history board you should fucking know that
>you have food in abundance and the future is brighter than ever
More assumptions and the future looks woeful
>People are happier, freer, crime is lower, you're safer, more secure, and the entire wealth of human knowledge is available to you at your finger tips. You live in the dawn of humanity, you were born after the long dark night and you will never know the suffering that every other generation did.
Sophistry and hyperbole. Admittedly crime has tailed off but since when was I given access to the library of Alexandria? And go to the Congo and tell everyone there the suffering has ended. They need to know
>And you still think the words of dehydrated desert madmen in the middle east are literal truth, you unironically believe in God, and think homosexuality is a bad thing.
Explain to me the benefits of homosexuality?
>You're literally a walking insult to everything humanity has ever achieved, lmao.
You're literally the reason people don't want to be associated with atheism anymore

Atheists are wealthier than christcucks, thus, in economic terms, they contribute more to society.
They also are less likely to commit crimes and are more educated.

Based redditor still cannot grasp why he is being laughed at or understand why no-one gives a fuck about his """debates"""

It takes more than a bank account to continue Western society dude.

And I'd loooove to see some sources for that shit.

how is spreading satan's lies contributing?

Just google it you cuck. I don't save links in my phone for Veeky Forums debates

>phoneposter
Opinion dismissed

Epic

>t; 'The Collective'

Why would you even post in this thread lol.

>here is a claim I'm making
>evidence pls
>ohmygod do it yourself

>god

>triggered
You fuckers are a parody

You're right, we probably should. It's almost like it's impossible to keep track of "achievement" on a score card

Top kek. Atheist hypocrisy shocker

"GOD" is the power to unite organisms under a single purpose, good or bad. We call the bad "satan", cults, hate groups, dark alliances, etc. Religion utilizes this truth, for selfless or selfish pursuits.
To find the exact words to express this is pointless because everyone has their own interpretation of the definition. So, "religion", "philosophy", whatever you want to call it, it's just a common way of thinking accompanied by similar ritualistic actions. Just being alive is being part of a "religion".
So if the people of the world can get their fucking shit together, we, as a planet can achieve a proper place in time and the universe.

reading all these replies took years off my life.
WHY is there no religion board to contain all the athiest and christian shitposting

Yes