Firebird general

Firebird general thread, get in here
Pic related, it's my '78 TA

My 89 T/A

Just got my 76 out of storage

my 78 ws6 4 speed

Would still like a poncho powered TA in the future

How are the roof panels?

There's an '87 firebird for $12k in my area. Really want to cop because I like the way they look but I don't know a lot about cars. Are they reliable? It's only got 46k miles on it. I'm really tempted Veeky Forums because they are aesthetic as fuck but I don't wanna buy something that'll be in the shop all the time

12k are they fucking insane?!
3rd gen firebirds are reliable enough because of the chevy 305s that most of them had in them. They are not fast by any means though. get a 74 with an Lt1 if you want a newer fast trans am. or even better a 78 ws6 with an ls

Firebirds are my dream car. I'm going to own one someday. They usually pop up in my area for 2-9k.

My favorites are anything from the mid to late 80s, although I've seen some late 90s Firebirds that looked sharp as fuck.

*94 and 98 I mean fuck I talk about older trans ams so much I am always in classic mode

try and find a 89 with the Buick turbo engine in it. They are the fastest 3rd gens by far.

Is 12k too much or too little?

Way too much 6k at the most and thats for a fucking show car quality

I gotcha man. I'll keep my eyes peeled for cheaper ones

Indy pace car? Good luck.

ive always loved those 25th anniversary cars.

Get a GTA with the 350. Tune up and good tires you might break into the 13s

Yep I'm dying for a turd gen too. Gotta save up a bit more but hopefully this summer I can snag one.

Fucking dream muscle car right here. Might look like an ass driving it but life is too short to worry what other people think.

People either love 98-02 Trans Ams or they hate em

What's there to hate?

Guess some people think the styling is to over-the-top

I don't hate it or think it's over the top. The pictured car is actually great. I just don't like the rounded shape as much as the older cars.

Thanks anonbro

I agree, I think they look like some shit aliens would be riding around in, some Halo shit going on with all those goopy curves. Plus the honeycomb tailights some have are ugly. 2nd gen is GOAT.

used to hate them, but i dont know what the fuck i was on back then. theyre fuckin beautiful. i browse CL for nearby firebirds, not to buy tho, just to stare. would post my FB but i cant find any pics of it.

have you guys ever had any issues with repeated starting of the car causing it to idle like shit and choke itself? ive been trying to figure out what causes it, thinking its something to do with the fuel pump. it only happens if i repeatedly start and drive though.

If you mean T-Tops they are good. If you mean interior it's horrible.

I love my 79, even if it overheats at idle and I have to constantly work on it I've learned more than I could have imagined keeping this car going. I bought it for $3800 and have daily driven it for almost a year. The only thing left to work on is the drivers side power window and some cosmetic stuff like paint and a new door pull for the passenger side door.