London Ontario is getting Red Light Cameras

globalnews.ca/news/3357981/red-light-camera-installation-underway-in-london/

When were you?

london is shit. It's like a shittier Waterloo without chinks to race for slips.

If you're not a turd, this news is irrelevant

What next, they're gonna ban kitchen knives?

>break the law
>get arrested
i see nothing wrong with this.

hows the computer

Fuck London
Lovely Lambeth is where it's at

But seriously if they're successful with the cameras they will put them everywhere so no one speed in London.

>implying rich chinks don't annihilate you every time

All we have to do is wait

Eventually, the privacy laws will get further roll backs so that cars that phone home data will be able to report if you are speeding or not based upon GPS, time, and speed info. With OnStar, all the OBD2 data can be sent to a database.

Those of you that purchased a new GM car with "Teen Driver Report" feature already know the car can be passworded to have special modes. One is to set limits on certain car features such as the max speed. The other feature is to obtain a "report card" on how the car was used such as speed, location, weaving in lane, panic stops, hard accelerations, and even if turn signals were used at streetside turns. That's good for parents loaning the car to their teen kids. But it also means the car is able to send all that data back via OnStar. Since the first owner signed the new car purchase contract, consent was given then.

Red light cameras are good
Stops retarded truck cunts from blasting through a red for no reason other than they are fat lazy fucks

What are some good spots for hooning in Ontario? I heard that more north near Wasaga has some good roads to drive on. When they install red light cameras, WE RIDE NORTH.

i bet the gm keks get a laugh at how i drove my sanic

There aren't any. Ontario's roads and urban planning in general are terrible

The other advantage of red light cameras is that if the police are using cameras to track someone's car, that is just one more traffic intersection they have footage of.

canacucks at it again

the highway to Haliburton

>brand new, 4 wide lanes
>deserted at night
>lots of curves
>well marked

just watch out for the po-po as you get close to the towns along the way

As much as I hate french Canada, Gatineau has late night touge action going on in the hills.

>hurr cameras are an invasion of privacy
>but license plate readers on police cars aren't
>also I'd rather dangerously get pulled over with semi blasting past only a few feet from me by a badly trained cop who might be on a power trip or in a bad mood instead of being snapshotted and getting the fine in the mail
Also side Impacts are among the deadliest forms of collisions and common causes of road deaths, to the point of urban roads actually being more fatal than the Autobahn per driven mile here in Germany. Anyone with more than a pea brain will support better enforcement of traffic lights.

this.
Speed cameras on the other hand intervene with smooth flow of traffic

i don't think even Ontario is bad enough that we have speed cameras

we only have those warnings that tell you if you're going too fast

In London drivers at advanced greens turning left keep going well into the yellow and even after the light has turned red. It is ridiculous. I was in St Thomas waiting to turn left and a woman drove right through a red light causing me to have to finally turn out of the intersection through a red.

I just hope I don't get a ticket as a result of someone else still going through a red.

London needs this though. The pushing turns fully past yellow and well into red is too much of a problem in London.

> I willingly break the law to the point where the local government takes steps to prevent it
> I endanger myself and others due to sheer impatience
> I don't see anything wrong with that, and will defend it

Bump

Oshawa-bump

I personally enjoy the roads in the north end of durham region around Durham Forest, Uxbridge, Ganaraska. There's some some windy sketchy downhill togues if you look for them - any country road becomes fun if you take it fast enough. Cops are usually non existent but keep your eyes open and watch for flashing beams to warn you.

This is true...just have to be careful with the speed cause the Gatineau cops will ticket you just because you have a front plate...

I haven't managed to get dinged by them yet, but they're assholes by every account I've heard. I got lucky when my shitbox blew up and dumped fluids all over the road. They didn't let me call CAA though so I had to pay for the tow out of the ditch and to the wrecker.

>Running red lights.

...Really, guys?

>Speed cameras on the other hand intervene with smooth flow of traffic
Some of our schools had to put in speed cameras because many drivers refused to slow down if there was no police there to give a ticket. Apparently, some people are of the personality type that will always break the law if they think they can get away with it or if you cannot enforce the law on them.

You mean sane?

> closed campus, no kids out during class, lunch, or recess
> HURR IS SCHOOL HOURS YA GOTTA SLEW DOOOWN
No thanks, officer dickwad. The laws are flawed and can not be reasonably followed. I drive 25 only when children are present.

>The laws are flawed and can not be reasonably followed. I drive 25 only when children are present.
Hurr Durr It is school hours.
You went 25MPH. You got a ticket. $249 in my area. That high value is because of the special law passed to allow bigger fines in school zones. The $249 can be higher as that is my estimate for your speed price. If you went more than 20 MPH over the limit, that can be a reckless driving charge in addition to the speeding fine.

I'm sorry, that's the law. If you didn't want that law, you should have protested back it was up for discussion. But if you were "Who Cares?" about lawmakers passing laws, then you got that law because enough people didn't care. Thus the lawmakers felt that such a law could be passed to satisfy those that do want such a law.

Loose steering wheels are already on the list

As are aftermarket steering wheels smaller in diameter than OEM. How the average mechanic doing a safety inspection is going to know this I have no idea

Don't speed, cuck

>But seriously if they're successful with the cameras they will put them everywhere so no one speed in London.

Without speed scanners or cars that phone home, even an autistic cars must have a license plate. So the basic london surveillance webphone can spot the license plate.

Your cellphone, due to its GPS, can already give enough info to indicate if you are speeding or not. They can track that to you through your license plate which indicates the owner's name. The owner is looked up and if the GPS cellphone(s) registered to that owner indicates it is in the street area, it can be assumed the cellphone is in a car travelling on the street. The phone is then queried and the gross (not absolute) movement speed of the phone is obtained. That speed is the speed of the car.

If it's anything like in Germany, he doesn't need to.
He only needs to see that it's aftermarket. And then, if he has no record of you coming in and applying for the permission to mount it, it's illegal.

I still laugh when people from Ontario act like anything other than fast driving on the highway they'd try to pull that's automotive related in Germany wouldn't get them fucked over just as bad as it would here if not more. I fucking hate "car guys" here. They're ironically the reason we can't have nice things because they're the only demographic who would advocate for more lienient laws and other changes but they all seem to think we live in a fourth world dictatorship where literally everyone other than themselves needs to be gassed for one reason or another. They dig their own grave in every aspect of their lives by being as hostile as possible to everyone they can and shitpost about made up anecdotes to each other about police and government misconduct and other bullshit all day. I swear the more "accomplished" they are and nicer car they have the worse they are as a person.

Bampu