Reasonable dream car

What is Veeky Forums's most realistically obtainable dream car? Once I get out of college I'm gonna work towards the beauty that is a Datsun e10

If you have a PC, get a game called My Summer Car on steam. You get to build one of those and then tune it and rally race it

This game it lit

911 GTS

Can get a good one for about £15k.
Maintenance will be a bitch but it'll be my summer car.

I want one of these, they're slowly dissipating but I know of only three in my country. There's one with busted headlight motors, no A/C and nigger rigged radio. The other two I see frequently at meets

>Mazda RX-2
>bridgeport
>V8 Interceptor style front bumper/fascia
>roof and duckbill spoilers
>qt little blow-through supercharger sticking out the hood

Mercury grand marquis. And a set of heads and cams from the maruder

Just bought my 8th gen accord coupe with 50k mi for $8k usd as my DD, now I'm going to buy a C5 Vette for $10k as my other DD with 100k mi.

5.0 memestang. I'm aware of all the stigmas and douche status, but fuck it, what other car has 435 NA hp for under 20k? (German money pits need not apply)

I should be able to afford one sometime next year and yes it will be a dream come true for me.

currently saving up for one

That seems cheap to me. A 100k mile c5 would fetch like 14k here.

Either a
>R33 GTST Type M
or
>240/280 Datsun

Had one for two years. The dream is to get it back from my mechanic friend once he's done a partial restore, and I have a garage.

Maybe an AW11 to accompany it.

Just a simple 1960-1965 two door Falcon maybe a 5.0 or keep the original motor

Should definitely be able to get one of these within the next 5 years. Still wont be legal in the US but it shouldnt be an issue.

I hope you men a gt-t, because gtr are ridicously overpriced

You can build a 7-8 second gt-t for the price of a stock gtr

Nah I want a GTR. I've already had a rwd rb25 powered skyline (r33 gtst). You can get a really nice GTR in Japan for less than 40. I should have a job that pays 6 figures in less than 5 years. The goal is to buy a legit GTR in 4-5 years and leave it in Japan. Build it slowly over there with high quality parts. After 2-3 years of storage it should be legal to bring over. My guess is the price will sky rocket on those when they are about a year out from being legal in the US.

>pic related my old dream car that I actually managed to buy

Go ahead if you want to, I just find it very dumb to pay 80k for a stock one, when a gt-t is 90% the same

I havent seen 40k gtrs

my attainable dream car is the pagani huyra

Thank god I have a thing for Beetles. They're pretty easy to get in US and parts are plentiful.

GTRs go for less than 40k on the auctions all the time. Im sure they will go up within the next 3-5 years but Im okay with paying around 50k for one if I have the money. Its the car I've always wanted.

If I don't have the money or they go up a ridiculous amount in value Ill probably buy an n/a automatic R34 GT, do a GTR exterior conversion and drop in a big single turbo 2j. Wouldn't quite be my dream car though.

VE Maloo r8, could buy one now i just cant justify spending 20k-30k on a toy at this point in time.

Just imagine it sends power to the front wheels

I'd mostly want it to be a fast street/highway car so rwd would be no big deal. Unfortunately I've already got a big single turbo JZ powered car that can accomplish those goals. It would be kind of neat to own something with AWD and big power. Maybe an R33 or R32 if I can't afford the 34.

>7 second gtt for cost of a gtr
In your dreams kid

My dream, realistic car is an RX7.
I can easily pick one up for under £20k.
I wouldn't go mental chasing power.
I would be looking for a fast road set up though, with tweaks to suspension, brakes, cooling and modest engine work (rebuild with mild street-port, exhaust, cooling upgrades)

Also wouldn't want to fuck with the aesthetics much either

>You cant build a 1200hp 2jz powered 5k car for 80k

Thanks for letting us know you are clueless

Gtt is 15k
A gtr is 50k
Youre not building a 7 second gtt for 35k
Deal with it

Want to get a garage more than a car, once I have the space I'll start building the car of my dreams. Fuck Sydney house prices.

>living in the asian capitol of Australia
what the fuck do you expect?
you are competing with asians who were sent here on mum and daddies money.
go move to moe or something if you want a cheap house with a big fuck off shed, could probably get a 5 bedroom house with a 4 car locking garage for the price of a 2 bedroom flat in sydney.

Just rent dude you'll never buy in sydney unless you are way out west and want a shit pit

>large two garage, two bed room
>two outside parking spots
>5min away from Anzac bridge
> $580 a week

Holy shit I never knew this existed, it's installing rn

The average price of a gtr is 60k and a 2500gt coupe with an auto is 5k

240 Datsun looks pretty lit

>$580 a week
is that supposed to be reasonable lol?

Twin Turbo Z32, tbqh.
I already have the Z32, gonna TT it once I get it feeling like a go kart.

I'd also like a RB26DETT or 2JZ meme swap S30 240Z, although a clean 240Z is getting harder to find.

Do you live in U.S. Or Europe? Either way the z23 was pretty popular in both. The issue with that Datsun is I either pay a fuckton in Canada or I order one from Europe where they're cheap and get fucked up the ass for ten grand the second in touches soil here.

Oh so now it's a gt and not a gtt?
Nice goal posts fuck stick

I don't think you realize the amount of work that goes into a seven second car
Nine seconds is easy as dog piss in comparison to making a car run SEVENS

States. And yeah I know what you mean about the Datsuns, I live in California so no rust but that means that they demand higher prices.

My number one dream car would be a two-tone green S13 Silvia. However, stock examples of those are pretty hard to find. I'd gladly settle for a DR30 instead. I'm pretty sure I could find, buy, and import one in perfect condition for under $20k.

The game is great dude. Enjoy it

$8k? Damn son. I got mine with 45k mi at $9.5k and I thought *I* got a crazy good deal.

Been working at it for the past half hour, got the chassis done. Just gotta do the engine and body, pretty nice to see someone else loves this car as much as me lol.

R33 GT-R. I'm hoping to do a full chassis restomod through Nismo Omori + full engine restomod. The goal is to replicate the Nismo R2 engine but attempt to increase response far beyond what Nismo is doing now with variable valve timing and Garrett's new ceramic ball bearing 2860R-7 turbos. Maybe a new exhaust camshaft as well if it will help with response down low without compromising anything else.

It's going to be a wild ride. It's been a lot of research to figure out what the fuck needs to be done.

Toyota chaser, I always lived the family car race car thing. Love the shape of the body and of course the engine plateforme. I currently own a S13 Silvia, I would like a last gen Chaser but in my country they're not allowed. Here's my ride.

In a perfect world a model x. But I'll probably settle for a model 3 next year. And I'll have to take out a long term loan for that.

It's not ideal. But its the realistic option. And I'll be happy... enough.

In 7 years I'll import one from Canada and I will be happy about it.

Galant VR-4. Imma import it from Japan once I'm eligible for a loan.

Shit forgot pic

Volvo V70R, for sure
Fast enough, manual, (wonky) AWD, and enough load space

Turning radius

>tfw practising for rally

Nice mate. I really want a VF series 2, not sure how I feel about the electric handbreak though. Also not sure which colour I prefer, either red or white.

Probably not going to be able to find many after a few years because their engines like to do pic related

A Celica GT Four ST185.

I know it's the answer everyone expected to hear but I've been in love with the R32 GT-R ever since I first saw it. Hopefully the prices go down when the R33 becomes 25 years old because I know there's much more cost in them than the purchase price.

I want an Alfa Romeo gt junior
But they're appreciating currently, so more realistic is an old Alfa Romeo giulia.
Or maybe a 1960 coupe deville. Or a SFR if they finally decide to make one.
I don't know, there's too many.

2zz elise and after that nsx.
I just bought my dream car which is a really good condition kouki zzw30

Yeah i even bought it from a dealership in a small town. Apparently it sat on the lot and people kept offering 6-7k on it.

Nobody has money here, small area and Corvettes are really unpopular here. There's maybe 5 vettes in my town of 100,000 people.

Pls no crush my dreams too early
The majority on sale here have 70-100K on them, hopefully find one that's not ruined

Sorry bruh. I have a S60R and while I love it, I feel like the car's on borrowed time. In addition to the possibility of the cylinder walls cracking, there are a few other things that can cost you lotsa money:
- On the manual, the clutch slave cylinder likes to eat shit, which sometimes takes out the clutch along with. That's around a $2K fix, mostly labor.
- Angle gear collar on the AWD system is weak. Failure turns the car into FWD. Fix is around $2500, mostly labor.
- 4C struts will wear over time. Replacement is $1600-$2800 for the parts alone. The price difference is the difference between the Monroe OEM parts and the Volvo branded ones, but the cheaper ones aren't always available. There's no aftermarket fix, either.
- The turning radius problem can't be fixed, and it's a little embarrassing when you have passengers. I imagine that it's more acceptable when you're in the wagon.
- The rear end likes to hop around a bit on bumps. This actually can be fixed with thicker sways and a upper rear brace.

If you still want one, make sure to get a 06-07. The first two years had more weird problems, with the 04 having an entirely different electrical system.

Cheers for the honest but brutal writeup. Knew about the angle gear failings, but the rest is new to me.
I don't mind the impracticality of it, I'm a wagon man at heart, but just not sure what else is out there for "fast but affordable wagons", preferably ones I can wrench on myself.

Stagea maybe, but the import fees will be steep. BMW e30 touring could be the answer...

Import some beat to shit 70s Japan coupe and restore it

MK3 supra with the 7M-GTE. They're pretty cheap because no F&F tax (unlike the mk4) and the 7M has such a terrible reputation people are offloading them for like £4K in good condition. The NA ones are actually more

FD RX7 is my favourite car and easily attainable, will have one by 2020, plan to also have an NC MX5 as a daily.

Just sold my shitbox FC to pay off some loans and now I can just save up.

I love this pic for some reason, made a wallpaper out of it + some others since it's small

the Opel Kapitän is so fucking hot

subaru wrx. only been dream for couple months after i started kinda getting into cars, so nice

>offset white with plastidipped brake lights
>matte wheels
>0.005% on my windows
>biches stumble over their wetness

forgot pic

I would step on several puppies for one of these bad boys

Should have it in as little as 4 months if I get this new job or about 15 months at my current job.

No you wont

Some of us actually have good job here user.

>100k+ year
>no wife
>no kids

Got several
R32 GTR
R34 GTT
S13 Silvia and/or 180SX
Bone stock 240SX
>inb4nissanscum

I have one, never let it go once you get it user.

A Baja.

>inb4nissanscum
That's just what the mazda fangurls say user.

I have a Datsun 1200 coupe, it runs ok and its not that bad, im going to keep it like this until i get out of college too.
I've been thinking in swaping the engine for a ca16de or a ca18de, what do you think? Is it doable?

forgot pic

Currently fantasizing about bikes to be honest.

Subaru RX Turbo - Grandaddy of the WRX, loves to crack heads and is incredibly difficult to find.

>Not being MORTAL
>Not showering
Make sure you piss in the radiator btw

For the time being I want a 240z or an sv650. In the distant future I'm going to have a 997.1 gt3.

Who "bought it already but it was a clapped out parts bin that should have been ignored" here

GD WRX

I just used the default settings, I didn't know there was a mortal thing. Also sauna is a bitch and won't work.

Fucking rights you should do it, it might take some time tho that engine costs almost the same as the car lol. Once I get the e10 I want to upgrade to the a12t engine.

I wouldn't feel bad about it. The R32 GT-R is an awesome car. I would buy one if I could but I want to put everything into an R33 first and then if I can take it later I'm going to get an R32.

>918
>realistic
Is your dad bill gates?

after 20 years sitting in a ditch with fried batteries after muhammad al dingbag wraps it around a cactus it should be affordable