/bbg/ ─ Bloodborne General

Most tomb prospectors, members of the Healing Church chosen to explore the old thread, are unable to withstand the weight of the old knowledge, and go mad: >A google doc with basic information. If you're new to Bloodborne and /bbg/ READ THIS FIRST BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU/edit#heading=h.od90ylbez0rz

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>Co-Op & PvP
bloodbell.com/

/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

/bbg/ Spelunking Club
Password=/bbg/
Create a new S/FRC chalice dungeon and beckon anons to join
OR
Use the Short Root Chalice with the password /bbg/ to be summoned or invade
(every Friday 6pm EST, anything goes)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

>Bloodborne AR Calculator
pastebin.com/zGphv4fF

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cjPy1H2lARA
my.mixtape.moe/zpridq.mp3
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Doll is my wife

P U R G E

thread theme: youtube.com/watch?v=cjPy1H2lARA

Why does this executioner have Gavlan's figure?

>running pure ARC doll run
>tfw finally getting AoE
I hadn't realized how few things scaled with arcane early into the game. It's been hell so far but as soon as I find some arcane-damage runes I'll be good. Or even fire/bolt stones.

It's fun running around in doll clothes, though. Cosplay runs are usually pretty fun.

i though this was a meme game and i love it now

tfw granted eyes

Is this more to your liking?

Usually when i do ARC runs i make sure to run the first Chalice twice early on for the guaranteed fire radials.
Central Pthu layer 3 boss drops Cold radials FYI

He looks like a pencil

BIG BIG SOULS

yeah that's what I had tried but I always do terribly against the undead giant. fucker out-ranges me and his moves have and odd delay to them that makes dodging dodgy.

Because he wheels, he deals.

I have a full BLT Lady Maria/Doll character
I switch between the two outfits for her

Holy shit people, I mean you told me about Simon's Bowblade, you TOLD me, but I didn't believe you. Currently on a Skl/Blt run and this thing is just amazing.

Is it even worth getting the Rakuyo or should I stick to Chikage and Bowblade? Because aside from coolness factor, the Rakuyo doesn't seem to be worth a damn on this run.

Well, you could always learn how to dodge his delayed moves.

What's your stat spread?

>this thing is just amazing
Is it? It underwhelms for me on my 50/40 skl/blt, but that might be because I have shit-tier gems on it

If you're going 50/50 Skilltinge then why not. Bowblade is funner but Rakuyo nets you ez wins in PvP.

>tfw I've been drawing Ludwig nonstop since I played the DLC

Why is he so wide?

thats nice!

Come one, come all
I need someone to help me with Orphan
Pass is bbg at the fog

QUICK, POST:
>Favourite chalice to spelunk
>Favourite theme
>Favourite attire
>Favourite character

Loran for the whistling sands
>Favourite theme
Laurence's
>Favourite attire
Choir Set
>Favourite character
Brador, that absolute madman

Isz
Ebrietas
Butcher
Plain Doll is the purest and best

Ringing if you still need help

Sorry, some Lumenwood guy came along and helped me out just a couple of mins ago

Ihyll
>Favourite theme
Ludwig or Hotdog
>Favourite attire
Bone Ash
>Favourite character
Valtr
Did I pass?

>Valtr
Pretty good, m8.
Also nice to see somebody that has Hotdog's theme as their favourite. Honestly not my favourite, but I like that you appreciate it enough for it to be one of yours

Loran

BSB's or Hail the Nightmare if that counts

Charred Hunter

Doll

Thank you! I can do requests, I'll do anything as long as it's not too complex.

Isz, mainly because it looks good and doesn't have Darkbeasts.
>Favourite theme
Hail the Nightmare, Ludwig, Orphan phase 1.
>Favourite attire
Absolutely Black Church.
>Favourite character
I love them all, but Ludwig in particular.

Currently 40Skl/37Blt, but going to even them out to 50/50 eventually

Likely, I mean, the arrows aren't one-shot material, but the heavy attacks from the bow do actual heavy attack damage from far away which is certainly more cost-effective than any actual gun. Sure it doesn't parry, but if you just go for raw ranged damage...

Well, I'm unlikely to ever PvP, so that isn't a consideration, but do tell, why is it so good in PvP?

Beast claw worth using? Just dropped and this is my 1st playthrough

In order:
>none of them, I don't hate myself
>Hail the Nightmare, Moonlit Melody
>Bone Ash and Harrowed
>Doll

It's not extremely strong but still a pretty good weapon

Loran.
>Favourite theme
Laurence by far.
>Favourite attire
Harrowed set
>Favourite character
Laurence

Are you on a Str/Skl run? Do you plan on doing the DLC? If so, yup, you'll get some use out of it.

Absurd phantom range, damage, speed, only needs a single stat investment to make the most of it. Plus it being a Skill weapon means most of the time you're gonna have one-shot viscerals (unless it's a converted Rakuyo on an Arc build). It's got a wide moveset, one of the largest but really it's too easy to R1 and L2 spam to win with it most of the time.

Ive been running the BoM which i really love. These seem too similar to invest chunks into tho

CD are fun

Do you have beast's embrace equipped? It's an oath rune that upgrades Beast Claws's moveset

Nice tactical Kiesel

Nope all i got is the Confederate one and the Hoonter one

Yeah okay, so Beast Claws are okay as they are, yeah? But in the DLC, there's a rune that adds extra moves to the beast claw and increases the damage you do with them. You get it by killing a secret boss, which you can fight by grabbing laurence's skull from the altar below the surgery altar and bringing it back to the place you got the eye pendant from.

Ailing Loran
>Favourite theme
High-insight Hunter's Dream
>Favourite attire
Choir Set, Robed Student Set, Knight Set, Doll Set
>Favourite character
Alfred, Plain Doll, Eileen

wide boi

Shit so i have to kill Cleric Beast XXXtra Fuego edition for that rune.

Thank you

Exactly
Honestly? I'd just get someone to help you do it. It's a shitty fight, and you might as well just get it over with to try out the rune rather than put it off until you can solo it. Solo fun bosses like OoK or Maria

>>Favourite chalice to spelunk
Isz because spooky and blue

>>Favourite theme
Gascoigne's because it gets me fucking hyped, it sounds like the hunt

>>Favourite attire
Yahar'gul set, honestly, even if the hood kinda sucks

>>Favourite character
Father Gascoigne, for badass, and feels, but also Micolash awooo

Isz
Laurence
Yamamura, Charred, Tomb, Yahgahagu
Alfred

Lower Loran
>Favourite theme
The first 30 seconds of Maria's.
>Favourite attire
Foreign
>Favourite character
Eileen

Fav armor set?

Yharnam Hunter for that leather gunslinger look

Crowfeather set

Old Hunter. It feels so well-worn and hardy.

Ashen hunter set
Gotta kill djurabro to get it but oh well
You know what they say, if you can't join 'em, kill 'em and wear their skin as a suit

>You know what they say, if you can't join 'em, kill 'em and wear their skin as a suit

What's the best looking armor for female?

No armor

Yharnam Hunter looks good

Maria set.

Why are all the buildings in Yharnam the same color? Is it the shitty lightning system? Because I noticed that most models look kinda ugly without the filters on and with the filter on everything looks blue.

Everything's built of stone, what are you expecting?

Also,
>shitty lighting system

wot?

Yharnam Hunter and Choir

I hate that these guys run at you like something straight out of Mama to make you shit your pants but then when they go to attack you they feel sluggish.

If Hitler came back which trick weapon would he use?

Boomhammer, literally has a tiny furnace in it.

Threaded Cane.

>ftw no black choir set

is anyone going to buy and hotglue the maria statue

>Everything's built of stone, what are you expecting?

Actual color? Even real wolrd Gothic architecture still managed to have different colored celings and light and dark stone shades.

It wouldn't look as cool

I can't spend that much money on a statue, but it does look great.

>Even real wolrd Gothic architecture still managed to have different colored celings and light and dark stone shades.
And the buildings in Yharnam don't?

give me a quick rundown about micolash.

Only very rarely with the exteriors. Yeah, the interiors are dreary, but that is sort of part of the design decision. It's one thing to have Gothic architecture, it's another to actually be Gothic in tone and visual style.

my.mixtape.moe/zpridq.mp3

AWOOOO
Grant us eyes
kos or some say kosm
MAJESTIC

Absolute madman, runs the School of Mensis, Church bows down to him, barges around Yahar'gul like no one's business, in contact with at least two Great Ones

FIRE
I
R
E

All I see is grey and black. Where's the reds, the greens,the golds? The beatiful stained glass? I feel like they tried to make Cathedral Ward seem like the wealthy area of Yharnam and it was supposed to be better looking than Central Yharnam, like the feeing you got when you arrived in Anor Londo, but the sameness ruined that.

>like the feeing you got when you arrived in Anor Londo
>he thinks Yharnam was meant to be colorful
No user, you just missed the point entirely, just look at the concept art.

Yharnam was never meant to be great or majestic like Anor Londo, it's just a giant cove of paranoid peasants and crazy cultists. What kind of feeling do you think they were trying to give with all those creepy hunched statues?

Oh sorry, my bad.
Didn't know the game was supposed to be bland since development. Didn't think that was a conscious choice from Miyazaki lol.

Dunno, the architecture is god tier in this game.

It's dumb if you stop and look at it. There's random windows that don't lead anywhere, windows the are in walls with no ibterior, statues and graves everywhere for some reason. Bleh.

"Bland" and "drab" are different concepts.
Is the image you posted supposed to be an example of colorful and majestic gothic environment? Because it just looks like Bloodborne with a green filter and slightly worse graphics. Where are the colors?

>random windows that don't lead anywhere, windows the are in walls with no ibterior
Where?

Anyone up for HMPH in Ihyll?

Yeah, drop a pass, m8

For example, that staircase that leads to forbidden woods with Afred on top. You're descending and the fucking walls have windows on them. Unless there's house built under the floor that is a shitty design. Also, why are the sewers decorated? Who would out fucking pointy shit in shit dumping grounds? Who managed Yharnam's resources?

bbghmph

Cheers lad

Constable, followed by White Church attire

Are you autistic?
Who thinks about sewer planning in a cosmic horror video game.

Jesus, RIP. Didn't mean to dodge right into that attack like an idiot

>what are the colors?

Yellow sun rays, gray architecture, green shadowy glow near the torcches, and an actual stained glass (blue).

Compare that image with Where everything is either grey or that shitty tinge blue color that all texture in the game have when in the dark. You can barely see any color coming out of the Grand Cathedral astral clocktower,and it's supposed to be a major point of attention. The sky color seems to have no effect on the coty it's supposedly illuminating. Don't even get me started on all those random patches of blue light that seem to be coming out of nowhere. At least in Irythil they actually out light sources inside the windows so it looked real. In Yharnam there is just giant blue spots of light with no apparent source.

Do you have a low lvl character so you can prevent down scaling? I'm bl38.