Falling for the meme

I've taken the decision, Veeky Forums. At some point between July and December i'll buy myself a Twingo.
I've did some research on the mobels between 1992 and 2001 (year range they've been imported to my country) and the complaints i've seen are that the clutch and steering wheel are too 'hard' and that the power window engines tend to fail due to the weight the glass has. Is there any particular issue I should look out? Any year range is more desirable (money won't be the problem, i'll pay more to have less problems).

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ln4k-SBEku0
youtu.be/AU5LoaI0Xq8
carro.mercadolivre.com.br/MLB-851898055-twingo-pack-1000cc-16v-ano-2002-_JM
youtube.com/watch?v=0oU8-f5AkHk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

How much would it cost do you figure?

I am also interested in buying a Twingo share your research, are you in the US as well?

I'm actually in Brazil.
So far the complaints i've heard are those about the clotch and steering well being 'hard' and the power windows failing due to the weight of the windows.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ln4k-SBEku0

Video related, it's a local auto seller advertising the Twingo.

Prices here vary from R$2.000 (around US$650 ) to R$10.000 (around US$3200). Decent ones cost at least R$5.000 (around US$1500).

I'm gonna be so fucking jealous if you get a twingo

Models after 2001 got a new, slightly more powerful engine (60hp vs 55hp), structural improvements and airbags as standard equipment so they're safer.
Ideally you'd find an Initiale (75hp 16v engine, leather seats, pretty much all options) or at least one with the massive glass or cloth sunroof. 16v engine optional, but 25% more power is never a bad thing.

Also watch out for rust, you don't want to have to weld in all kinds of new metal everywhere.

Twingos are shitty, unreliable meme econoboxes.
Don't buy one.

>econobox

That's exactly what I need. Let me be happy.

The Twingo was sold here until 2002. According to my country's values for this car, it's the most expensive Twingo you can buy, and there's not probably too many since the Initiale version was only imported on that year.

Any special spots I should look out for rust other than the usual ones?

Then buy an actually decent econobox and not an ancient pile of french shit.

What are you trying to achieve here?
It is common knowledge that they are reliable cars.

Whats your fucking problem with people wanting a silly car?

Avoid the autotragic/half autotragic version at all cost and only buy the Manuel.

Also check for rust and that basic maintenance has been done.
They're built very cheaply but still solid shitboxes but even they need maintenance otherwise costs can still add up even with cheap fixing costs so get a good one and you're set.

We Twingo thread nao

I saw some MILD road rage today.

Two drivers were raging about something, wildly hand gesticulating while shouting out of the windows to each other and both wouldn't fucking move at the light while green.

A Twingo driver behind them got angry too about the fuckers, HONked his horn and then turned full lock, revved to max, loud as fuck and overtook both at the light because they didn't fucking move.

Angriest Twingo driver I've seen so far but it was justified.

Do you even Twingo?
youtu.be/AU5LoaI0Xq8

>ancient rusty french econobox made on the cheap
>reliable

Shut the fuck up busrider, your entire twingo knowledge is based on dumb memes.

>I'm gonna be so fucking jealous if you get a twingo
same...

I'm not exactly sure but I think I have never heard of the automatic/semi-automatic versions here in huehueland.

By basic maintenance I assume you mean brake pads, oil changes, timing belt (since most of them have already passed much further than 100.000 km, the standard for changing the belt), and the most wearable things (suspension components)?

in its rightful place.

I'm french.
We made these things.

What the actual fuck, Veeky Forums, these cars are shitboxes.
It's unreliable and it's a meme. I drove one.
Trust me.
It's like a honda fit with no steering power.

>Any special spots I should look out for rust other than the usual ones?
Sills and wheelarches seem to be the parts that always go first.

The projecting is strong in this one

>It's like a honda fit with no steering power.

What kind of weak wimp are you that you complain about the lack or power steering in a fucking sub 1 ton car?

You guys are grasping straws at this point.

It's like a cheaply made, lighter, cuter Honda Fit for €500.
Can't ask for much more at that price point.

Yes, that type of maintenance. Also if there's visible rust, be extra careful.

I think the automatic ones were called "Easy". Those transmissions seem to be really prone to failing but who wants a auto Twingo anyways

Stop posting racial slurs.

fucking russians

I'm pretty sure these versions were never imported to Brazil. So I should be good, since its on my a letter of checking if there's rust and the normal maintenance, plus timing belt.

Honda Fits are quite the upper middle class in Brazil so your comparison is pretty good.

>, are you in the US as well?
US can't get the Twingo for about a year and a half, and then you'll be able to import one from the first model year.

first model year is best model year desu

Buy a plushie and stick for something not shit for a real car.

Twingos cost about 400€ here and no one buys them

yeah

How?? Share your secrets!

Oh fuck what kind of dark magicks is this?
Seriously though,please share your secret! How much it cost/how painful was it?

>first model year is best model year desu

They lack a lot of safety and structural improvements tho.
2000 Twingos (same MK1 but improved) are a lot safer.

>implying I care about safety
where do you think you are senpai? I'm looking for that sweet release

I think it was some Colombian dude who moved with his Twingo

Colombian third worlder here,

Spares are fucking cheap and available here for the HON HON mobile since they were built locally by Renault/Sofasa. I'm considering taking the meme to another level and offer to buy parts here and ship them to the U.S, even arranging the export of a car.

Anyone interested?

not from the quints devil

actually I am please don't take my soul though

BTW, can confirm: the Twingo In was a special edition made by Renault Colombia so it makes sense. There were tons of fucking special editions of Le Hon here but they were just decals and interior stitching shit, nothing special.

BTW, if I talked with my tuner to develop some bolt-on Twingo parts to ship, would anyone be interested?

Holy fuck, that really takes it to a whole new level

You're saying you want your twingo licked?

im saying when the dumb bitch mom and her 3 Bastard sons slam into me with their 2 ton SUV going 100mph I want only a subtle pink mist to be left of me. The first gen Twingo can help me achieve my dreams

A Saxo or 106 is even more of a death trap.

but I wanna be able to go HON HON HON before the inevitable

>tfw that's a Brazilian Twingo
Twingos Ilegais

>Brazilian Twingo

ok with me

Can you do a rotary swap with a Twingo? If le simulations man was right, the Twingo was literally MADE for the rotary engine, a match made in heaven.

would be harder to find something that could not be rotor swapped
but is the twinge engine any good ?
looks like some PSA type like what the 205 or AX has

OP here.
I only got my dad's approval (he'll pay 50% of the value for me) because our neuighbor's daughter had one for at least a decade and she loved it.

>because our neuighbor's daughter
Seems like an quite euphoric reaction by your father just because of an opinion of said neighbor daughter.

...Suspicious

japan twingo

It's a simple engine with a pretty decent powerband for 1.2 liters. A turbo version was used in pretty much everything with a 1.2 TCe badge.

just buy one for 30€ and rice the shit out of it

>Brazil
ayyyy Urufag here
found you a nice looking one
carro.mercadolivre.com.br/MLB-851898055-twingo-pack-1000cc-16v-ano-2002-_JM
one like that is almost double the price here

that looks really mint

Yes it does, I'm surprised since it's from Brazil and they're even worse than people here in Uruguay. The most based are the Argentinians, as expected. Lots of quality used cars.

I'm in Sao Paulo, this guy is three states away from me bro.
I've found a silver one for R$9000 in my area. They're pretty cheap, especially the 90s ones.

Nah. It's not with that meaning. He knows the twingo is a cool car.

Are you the guy who posted the Fusca the other day?
Also the 2001 is the best when it comes to safety. If you care about that, that is. I heard the Up! has been a total flop in Brazil despite scoring 5 stars in LatinNCAP.

WILL THERE BE A BURGERKING TWINGO MEETUP THIS SUMMER??

will the Twingo dethrone the Radical?
We can only hope

if you are a canadian mexican brazilian columbian or eurofag that doesnt own a twingo you are literally getting ready to miss the biggest train ever once the US becomes able to import those badboys

I just want to see miatas and twingos having fun together. doesn't matter that the miata is like twice as fast.
they look fucking cute together.

so its all about the looks? i see.

pretty much.

also, this

and this

and this

Some say this was actually a gov thing from France to increase birthrates

Well I have to admit I seriously preferred this route instead of the one they're pulling right now.

I'm probably falling for the meme too.
>poor, job isn't paying much
>twingos are super cheap, very cheap to maintain and insure too which is a huge plus
>as simple as they can be, parts aren't expensive
>with seats reclined, it's got huge space
>foldable roof is cool too
>the only other stuff similar to it are stuff like citroen ax and shit
>but the interior in twingo is so goddamn ugly

The only Twingo/Miata picture I could find.
Sadly, not a NA.

>TFW you will never have a nice French QT GF who will bend over into your Twingo and flash the slightest bit of perfect French ass

here, have sum hips

Not curvy enough for me but she owns a Twingo so I guess some will still like her

Tittos

>implying you wouldn't
dude, she owns a twingo
you'd probably even let her pound your boipucci with a strap-on if she agrees to let you drive the twingo in exchange

No.
This is best waifu tho.

twingo gopnik (squatting out of frame)

kek, stay in denial
How it would go down:
>be you
>said qt shows up
>user, if you let me cause you an anal fissure with this dildo, I'll let you drive my twingo
>s-sure, do you want to do it in the car or at your place?

>argentinians
>white

Yes

Fug.

I was born in the wrong country :(

fugggg :DDDD

>tfw you didn't learn how to drive in a twingo on mall parking lots

youtube.com/watch?v=0oU8-f5AkHk

why even drive