Will it be real, br/o/s?

Will it be real, br/o/s?

Other urls found in this thread:

caranddriver.com/news/2019-toyota-supra-spy-photos-news
autoblog.com/2017/04/03/2018-corvette-zr1-convertible-caught-at-gm-proving-grounds/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

i hope not

Real fucking expensive, maybe.

Nope. Just a dead concept OP.
Now get off this board before you miss your bus stop.

What the fuck is wrong with Toyota's designs lately?

This better be a concept car

Why not?

You know it.

These were leaked 11 hours ago.

You're about 7 years behind the times.

>You're about 7 years behind the times.

Toyota design bored people to sleep before but recent Toyotas are too offensive for people's viewing

"but it is noted that concept cars usually cost around a US$1 million to build. Hunter has stated FT-1 is still in the concept stage with no current production plans. He added that if the public's reaction is positive it would only help to move the FT-1 from concept to production and that anything is possible in the future. Alex Shen, the studio chief designer, also hinted at a US$60,000 price tag. He was quoted saying, "It's a Toyota, it ought to be affordable."

The Supra was like a $20k car

No one is going to buy this meme for $60k

>The Supra was like a $20k car
Ahaha

AHHAHAHA

would purchase

What ...... the fuck.

Is that a prop or did some poor bastard actually end up like that?

This just landed in Hong Kong. Wonder what they're going to use it for.

The Ft1 concept has been around for at least a whole year now dipshit.
They weren't "leaked".
It's just Toyota's marketing division pulling publicity.
Do some research nigger and get back on that bus.

>SIDE MIRROR AIR SCOOPS
Bilmey

wtf is this and can you stop posting it on this board thatnk you

>It's just Toyota's marketing division pulling publicity.
And you know this how? Post source. Find a duplicate of any of these anywhere.

>not liking the elegant aerodynamic shape

Try adjusting for inflation mate. It's close to 50k.

I'm not saying that thise photis aren't new. You just can't really call it a fucking "leak" if it's been public info for a while you retard.

came here to post this
pic related

you are off by $20k. Confirmed for underage or just plain stupid.

>1998 Supra Turbo's MSRP was around $40,000, which is about $57,000 in today's money.

>elegant
no. it looks like shit. the mach 5 is elegant.

get taste. and if that toyota ain't the fastest little rice bullet on the road, it's going to look even stupider.

but in that particular post I was impressed by the mirror scoops. the silver lining in all of this- as it's not the puny side scoops

The surprise is that they're still using this body concept, not that the FT-1 exists. They keep changing the design, but this is hope they might still follow through on this one.

He's both user.
Where are our mods when we need them.

Turbo supra in 98 was 40k msrp, adjusted for inflation that is 60k. So the price is right, but I wish they would make a non turbo version of the new supra for like 40k. Maybe have one version with like 350hp NA and a TT version with like 500hp.

>the mach 5 is elegant.
Speed Racer? The rolling trident?

Now you're thinking with portals. Too bad Toyota doesn't seem too logical these days.

Why do you care if a car you can't afford gets produced?

pictured: inspired design

They're most likely just using it as display for all of the Toyota fanboys and richbois wating to drop the money as sooon as it releases.
Concepts are just a way to keep the audience interested.
The final product probably won't even look close to that.

Yeah it's too bad no one wants to make affordable sports cars anymore, but at least they aren't making it a 100-200k super car though.

W-we can hope, r-right?

nice projection

i hope it's not produced because if rumors are to be believed, it's a betrayal of everything the A80 embodied

It wasn't projection if the only thing you mentioned in your post was price.

But how would you envision a proper A80 successor? Not that I think this is it, but curious.

My advice to Toyota is to study Ferrari. They are in a much bigger sandbox and have a greater understanding.

The frs concept looks pretty similar to the actual product.

Yeah honestly I think the A80 was just a great 90s moment that can't really be reproduced today.
Not with Toyota becoming a complete shill machine ever since the early 2000s.
There will probably be no true A80 successor I mean look at what they tried with the gt86.
If you think the trueno has any relation to that slow box with a subaru motor then you are the cancer.

straight 6, TT, manual, rwd. judging by how automakers have been eschewing dialogue with actual enthusiast consumers, i have very little reason to believe they'll even offer a manual, not to mention that they'll most likely be using a variant of the GR engine, and a hybridized drivetrain. it'll be a fast lexus that looks as bad as modern toyota, and that's boring.

That's completely different though.
The FRS was it's own car it didn't take long to go from conept to production because it looked nice and nobody expected anything.
People want the new supra here and Toyota's gonna do a lot of changes to try and get it right.

>it'll be a fast lexus that looks as bad as modern toyota
God, this hurt to read, because it's probably true.

>The Truth
alright this user finished the thread time to go to bed now kiddos

truth dubs checked.
im sad though.

>FT = fucking trash
Holy hell that is one ugly fuck.

Look at that goddamn nose. Jewpra.

It is getting a turbo straight six, but its gonna be made by BMW

No it's not.

>borrow engines from Subaru
>borrow engines from BMW
Toyota really sucks at engines right now.

why does it look so fucking stupid? i hate how overcomplicated most modern cars look, especially if they're supposed to be spiritual successors of classic designs.

take the new NSX for example, it looks absolutely nothing like the original car, rather like a knockoff ferrari covered in unnecessarily aggressive body panels that look like they're out of an 80s sci-fi movie; this ft-1 is even worse, it looks like a lexus RC F on PCP. mazda does a good job of making their old cars look sleek and modern without making them look like some hell demon from the future.

why cant they just take the original supra design and modernize it? i mean, same basic functions but a new platform, new engine, new higher tech interior. and make it look like a modern supra.

>"It is getting a turbo straight six"
caranddriver.com/news/2019-toyota-supra-spy-photos-news

[citation needed]

Santa Maria

>The Supra will use a Toyota four-cylinder in the most affordable variants, while higher-zoot versions will get a new V-6 (code name 943F) bolstered by a pair of turbos that will push output to 400 horsepower and 300 lb-ft of torque.
AHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHA You know what that means, NX200 engine for base model and a boosted Camry V6 topping out at a gay 400bhp. FLOP INCOMING

Did Toyota get its balls back?
Toyota got its balls back

maybe if they fuck up enough they'll finally adapt and fire their entire design team.

>400hp/300tq

Rear by itself doesn't look bad, but I'm surprised there aren't any callbacks to the mk4 in the headlights and taillights. Front is awful and overdesigned like most cars these days - what the fuck were they thinking with that square bumper that looks like a seat. Side vents are a bit too big and the rear fenders don't blend into the body very well. Also the mirrors don't look good from the front.

Overall it looks like the front and rear were designed for two different cars and then just smashed together. Cars these days seem to lack any sort of singular design philosophy and just end up as amalgamations of fitting the most amount of angles, curves and vents that they possibly can so it looks like a "supercar".

Will probably come with a v6 and paddle shifters only because no company gives a shit about straight sixes anymore besides bmw.

>meanwhile in the USA
autoblog.com/2017/04/03/2018-corvette-zr1-convertible-caught-at-gm-proving-grounds/
"700hp"

So the toy is gonna use BMWs little roadster platform for it's ultimate supercar? Seems like kind of a cheap move to me. I mean they really should have looked into a better platformfor this car than a Z4.

Supra is not a supercar.

This one will overheat after just half a lap?

>wut does he mean by this

corvette with a bodykit. nice try

You're right, it's a Supracar.

>Yeah it's too bad no one wants to make affordable sports cars anymore
I think most people have realized now that if you just wait about, most sports cars become affordable in the used market. Before the C7, Corvette was mostly a car owned by people who had money, but now someone can get a C5z for around 20k with low miles and in great shape.

I want it to fuck off and have toyota make the sfr instead.

no

yes

maybe

I don't know

>NX200 engine for base model

why is this a bad thing? it could be the turbo fr-s we've always wanted and it might even be affordable

i miss alphonso and his geralt shitposting

I want the Supra to come back but not until Mazda revives the rotary.

Bonus points if both are still using twin turbo setups in anno domini 2017. It'd be just like they never left.

Ride height is too low and there is barely any room for suspension travel, so no.

the absolute madmen

looks like a hotwheels

I think I still prefer alienposting

No its not

These posts already summed up the answer to this thread.
Stop dreaming retards.

>stop dreaming
Only retards say this.

Why has no one posted this and put dreamers in their place? The new Supra will be shit, and nothing like the ft-1.

It's a shame, but true.

I hope not, it's hideous

It looks like an 86 with a fucked up front end.

>4 cylinder engine
Of course it'll be shit. A TTV6 should be the base engine. Who the fuck would buy this manure cart when you can get a Z5 with an I6 that can't possibly be this fucking ugly even if BMW brought bangle back?

Oh boy! Another fugly bloated looking car with tiny windows, C pillars so thick you could hide a firetruck on the other side of them and bizarre creases scattered randomly across its bodywork.

What the fuck happened to this industry

After looking at it for so long, I like it.

What could you possibly like about it? It's a mess of modern cliches

It's fucking shite. What comes with it? Where the fuck is the purpose to it? If Wihte people were actually going in a healthy direction of going into the future with a new hip culture attached to it and this was the car, I could understand it more. However, everything is stagnant, we're being bred out and only rich fags will buy this to be utter cunts.

At least with the Charger, Supra, Range Rover etc., they were in their own fields and had certain characteristics. All this car has is an ugly (((futuristic))) design with no fucking soul.

>hey goyim remember when cars were good well we're not doing that anymore
>buy this 90's car for 10 times what it used to be

That shit looks like a fucked up Viper

Try $60k, newfriend.