My dad use to fix cars with just this lol

>Share your father & son stories Veeky Forums

Nice thread

When I was 11 my dad said he was going to the local post office to buy some cigarettes.
He never came back.
The end.

I have no father

Used to

>dad knows a decent amount
>gave up doing work himself
>I have surpassed him in knowledge and skill, and therefore have to fix his broken shit

He figured I'd learn fine if he just let me try it out myself, and it worked

>dad knows a decent amount
>still does basic stuff himself
>i have surpassed him in knowledge and skill
>he still believes he knows more because he's older
>tell him about something
>no user that's bullshit
>show him proof about said thing
>oh yeah i knew that already

:)

I wish my dad wasn't a fucking cunt who needs to be right about everything and would actually accept when he's proven wrong.

>Dad can you come and help me with my faggot red car?

My dad used to take me out on the back of his motorbike once I was old enough. Even bought me my own helmet for it.
We'd go out on weekends and hit country lanes and zoom around.

Now I have one of my own, we've got something in common again. He's still an idiot, but some of his experience is worth learning from.
Be better if he was still around, and still actually biked, but his bike vanished from it's safekeeping location around the time he said he couldn't ride it the way he wanted due to spending so much time away from it. I think he crashed it and wrote it off.

>grow up not knowing my dad, only hear stories, apparently he was a great guy, but where the fuck is he if he is so great
>live with uncle and aunt on a farm. they are o.k., uncle is kind of a narrow minded dick, but he is a good guy i guess
>learn to fix farm equipment, restore old car on my own. its nice but couldn't sell it for much since the next gen is better and more preferred
>get caught up in some unlawful activities, but we meant well
>finally meet father, get in a fight, he cuts my hand off

give evidence

Its star wars retard

sorry, im not such a big fan of trash

>he cuts my hand off
What the fuck? Post stump

Get off why are you on Veeky Forums? :^)

That's literally the thing with dads. You can't change that. It means your dad is healthy.

You get off

Niggers pls go.

no u

>Start getting into cars
>Dad tells me about his adventures in the 70's with all of his muscle mobiles
>Trans-am, firebird, Camaros, Mustangs, etc.
>Never does shit now to his cars
>Start to work on my car doing basic shit like fluid changes
>Tells me all about how modern cars are so hard, but how cars back in the day weren't hard
>Owns a Honda Accord
>Still takes it to the dealer to get oil changed
I believe he has good knowledge and experience, he just doesn't care anymore, which is sad.

Ok user here's a what if question for you or anyone that wants or feels like answering this question
>Child protection services shows up to your door with those two little shits
>they offer you a decent sized house with a big garage big enough to fit 5 cars and $200,000
But here here's the catch
>you have to pick only one and you have to take care of her for 10 years
Or you can tell them to fuck off and not deal with anything.
What do guys?

Lel
Are you stupid?

>he thinks niggers stick around after nutting

>data hat
>day hair
>dem glasses
>sat aspbergers
>day 2 weeks of unbaked bodybodor

This is 100% the type of guy that drives a miata

That shit works tho

>teaching young user the importance of the roadside emergency kit
>road flares, state map, jack tools
>umbrella, warm jacket, batteries and flashlight
>sharpened machete
>for "clearing brush on hikes"
>went on hikes probably 3 times a year
>literally never cleared any fuckin bush

he likes to be over prepared but looking back it just seems... off

>be kid
>think dad is amazing for working on cars
>he would work non stop on cars for days
>get to help him
>get older
>get my own project car
>start googling timing belt
>dad tries to help me give advice
>completely conflicts with what i read
>do what i read online
>dad is telling me constantly i'm going to break shit
>finish the job
>car runs like before just randomly shuts off, doesn't like to start right after
>research more
>dad thinks my fuel pump and starter killed
>replace all vacuum lines
>car runs way better but will still shut off
>google more
>figure out fuel filter is on backwards
>car runs perfect now
>realize my dad has no idea what he is doing with cars
>realize he only worked on cars so much because he has no idea what he's doing

>replacing the coil on other shitbox
>misfire on that exact cyl from ob2
>my dad says it's the ECU fried
>car runs perfect again
>dad thinks the ECU is going to fry itself soon

????

until one day you need to clear some god damn bush and you whip out your trusty machete

that you don't use it in your daily life is irrelevant. being prepared is like having a good friend waiting for you.

On you, yea

I verbally rape the shit out of my father every week. Fuckin beta.
Feels bad about mother's passing. Berate him all day.

My dad never really worked on cars, most of the hobbies I picked up were from the fact that most of the rest of my family would neglect their stuff so I decided I'd take care of my own

My dad made me deliver tacos and I never got paid for it but here's a small story.
>my dad forced me to learn to drive just so I can deliver tacos
>he took me out at night to teach me how to drive stick until I got used to it
>once I got the hang of it he took me out to drive again but this time he said to hit 60 mph on some sharp turns with out making him spill his beer while he drank it and if I failed he told me I won't amount to anything
>he was already drink and the first turn was a hair pin turn I lost traction but I caught it and I did a 4/10 skid
>I almost shit my self and I look over and he was pasted out with vomit all over him
>I drove home slowly and when we got home I left him past out in the car so I could just go to sleep and not deal with him because I had school the next day
The car I drove was a v6 swap 1993 Toyota Corolla and the thing handled like shit and would over steer when you take fast turns

>What do guys?
if they throw in a complimentary soda i'm sold

Shit man sorry to hear

When I was like 12 I found out that my dad collected his toenails.

I thought it was the funniest shit ever and started doing it myself.

years later my gf found my collection and for some reason full flipped it at me. kept going on about it being weird and disgusting and that I needed to throw it out

like wtf no I was collecting that shit since I was 12. told her she doesn't even need to look at it. I'll just hide it somewhere where she wouldn't stumble across it again. she wouldn't let it go and pulled that ultimatum bs with me.

we basically broke up because I chose my toenails.

was I in the wrong? like I wasn't shoving it in her face hoping she would be impressed by it. it's just something I do and never mentioned because it's just something I always did. wasn't like I was being some sort of deviant about it. it was just in my drawer which she came across cos she needed something out of it.

I don't get why she got so angry over it

in the future should I mention me collecting my toenails to gfs?

Get rid of the habit there's nothing to benefit off that my dude

So a few years back my dad and I pulled the beach buggy out of the barn at my grandfathers house. My dad and his brother drive this thing around a ton, before selling it off. It changed hands a few times before my dad found it again and bought it back in the 80's, so a ton of shit was wrong or mismatched. Someone had swapped the engine as well after the origional one was torn off in a crash.

Anyway, one of the problems we had was the spindle in the distributor cap didn't fit, it was too low. Turns out my grandfather likely "borrowed" the correct one for a "project" just like he borrowed the seatbelts to make a redneck ferriswheel from hell.

We found another spindle which was the right height for the points but it had a resistor deep inside that made it not work either. Option 1 was to try to drill a hole through 50 something year old bakelight.

I looked to my right and saw the drawer full of copper pipe fittings and mounting brackets.

Half jokingly i suggested we just short out the fucker by wrapping it in a piece of that copper. My dads eyes lit up and basically said lets do it.

3 years later its still holding up, still pretty proud of that retarded idea.

don't stop

Keep up the family tradition senpai

It's weird (and downright gross) that you collect your nails, but the fact that she flipped shit over something so simple and inconsequential as that is pretty telling

probably made the right choice breaking up

too be fair, should he really expect you to be retarded enough to put the filter on backward?

additionally, your dad learned all he knows by doing, didn't exactly have the entire common knowledge of the internet at his fingertips. cut the dude some slack.

>I believe he has good knowledge and experience, he just doesn't care anymore, which is sad.

Sort of similar situation with my dad, when I started getting into wrenching he would constantly tell me stories about his youth wrenching projects, so I asked him why he never works on cars anymore and just takes them to the dealer, even for simple things.

He said something along the lines of "the only reason I wrenched when I was young was because I was a poor fuck growing up in an eastern bloc commie country." You couldn't really own a car in a time/place like that without knowing how to work on it and keep it on the road for cheap, seeing as there weren't really any mechanics you could take it to (and if there were it'd be way to expensive for someone young like him to take it to them.)

Says he gets way more satisfaction now out of being able to know that he's made it in the US and is finally rich enough to never really have to worry about financial shit again, to the point where he can just go to a dealership for every little problem and pay cash instead of wasting time looking at it himself.

Makes a lot of sense when put like that- if you grew up just barely scraping by in a 3rd world shithole for half of your life before finally being able to break the cycle of poverty in your family and make it big, why wouldn't you spend the rest of your life indulging in luxuries that didn't exist for you when you were young?

That being said, while most of us do wrench on our own cars because we like it as a hobby, at the same time I think it's also true that most (if not all) of us actually got into this hobby the same way- because we were faced with some fuckhuge bill at a mechanic and decided that we'd be better off trying to save some cash and do it ourselves

>Fuckin beta.
>Feels bad about mother's passing. Berate him all day.

He probably lost all hope with a shit son like you

kira pls go, we know it's you

>if they throw in a complimentary soda I'm sold
Damn dude what would you do with the money and the kid kek

>implying American dagumi can drive stick
>not even changing the car to anything besides the corolla
3/10
Wasted opportunity

you think I'm telling a fake story fgt I'm not so fight me

Well I think I have a pretty cool father
>has been fixing cars since childhood
>had a car flipping business in middle school/high school
>poor as dirt but always had a cool car no matter what
>redpilled on Pontiacs and corvairs
>restored a new car every year and then sold it to buy another and repeat
>aeronautical engineer, race car driver, built engines for race boats and built the engine for the fastest race boat in michigan in the 80's (nookie monster)
>I was born and he sold the race boat and some of the restored cars to pay for me and my other brothers.
>still restored cars but not as fast as before.
>grew up surrounded by fast cars and knowledgeable people
>Not interested in cars at all due to them being normal
>Start realizing my mistakes in high school
>start nagging dad to teach me
>he is super happy that I finally am interested in cars
>teaches me the glory of cars and engineering
>I help him restore cars but its mostly him doing the work
>recently buy a car that needs restoring to build with him
>he teaches me whenever possible to this day, engine theory, about different cars etc.

MFW I have the coolest dad ever
Pic of him last year with his newly restored 70 GTO after he won the bracket races in PSMCDR

Wouldn't do it unless I got both I wouldn't want to separate them.

When my dad was 17 he stole a car, light it on fire then ghost rode it into town square

Same dad

>get home the other day
>4 new lug nuts on the kitchen table
>dad what are these for?
>im gonna put them on the car instead of those wheel locks i got
>but dad you paid extra to get wheel locks, why take them off?
>well i cant find the key for them
>well fuck dad, how will you get them off?
same way i got them on user, a pair of vice grips.
>oh. did you put all the lug nuts on that way?
>no no the rest of them i just held the impact gun on for a few seconds on each one, made sure theyre good and tight

>god
>damn
>it
>dad

no it means he's a cunt. A dad is no longer your dad after 18, they're just another person. If you can't accept that you're wrong to another person then you're a cunt, and thus should be treated as such

>be young as fuck
>dad tries to show me something
>I dont understand or i make a mistake
>"FOR FUCKS SAKE NEVERMIND, JUST GO BACK INSIDE!"
>never learn anything except to not try because people will just yell at me

the one and only time i shared an auto related moment with my father was the day he told me to sit way at the back of the garage whilst he stood at the open door flicking the throttle arm on the carb so i'd die of carbon monoxide poisoning.

Shut up, bish
I had my girlfriend get one of her friends lead my papa on. He gots no girls, nigga move on. Yesterday evening she told him how it's all a prank.
Fucker disappeared, looked like he was gonna cry. Bet he went to a bar to cry like a pussy. Haven't heard from him since then. Hilarious

>too be fair, should he really expect you to be retarded enough to put the filter on backward?
previous owner put the fuel filter on backwards tho

Might sound stupid but when I got into cars and remembered it I thought wtf

>be around 15
>parents looking to buy me a car
>driving around with parents looking at garage sales and shit
>come across estate sale with a 2nd gen Geo Prism
>like 30k miles, pristine little old lady kind of car
>only want $1,500 for it
>they let us test drive it
>thing is almost brand new and perfect
>mom calls grandpa to ask what he thinks and if we should buy it
>he tells my mom it's a Geo and they're not around any more so parts will be hard to get and expensive
>literally just a Corolla with a Chevy badge

My dad taught me that a good driver should be able to turn and change lanes without the passengers feeling it.

> be gay
> have traditional values especially regarding family
>feels people place too much emphasis on the wedding, lust and romance in marriage rather than loyalty and companionship and true love which is why so many relationships break down so easily
> wants my life partner/companion to be female
>doing the gayness in the anus is great and all but seems to be all just short term satisfaction and can't see myself being with a man long term. I just see them more as fuck toys and fuck buddy types.
>you know like those bitches dudes brag about fucking but would never put a ring on it
>want to eventually have my own kids to Veeky Forums with.
>I'm open about being gay and when I tell people my values they seem to think I'm a self loathing homo becuase I don't agree with every aspect of homo life

Will I ever find my dream woman Veeky Forums? will I ever find a woman who will accept me for being gay even though I would love her? Will I ever have kids to Veeky Forums with?

Assume that this is not pasta, you are bi. If you do not think you are bi, tell women that anyways, they'll take that better than if you say you're gay. And you can find the person who is right for you, I believe.

>Driving to work
>Some asshole in an STI pulls up behind me and challenges me
>Try to shake him but I just can't
>Feel terrible
>Drive home
>the STI is in my garage
>Dad just bought it
>My dad bought a fucking brand new STI just to whip me

First he conditions me for years to learn how to drift while I DD for no reason and then he blows however the fuck much money just to teach me a lesson. My dad is such a dick

>howtobehumangarbage.png
>telling edgy stories on the internet
Did your daddy hurt you so good when you were a little girl, user?

Nice projecting, Cinderella. Keep your homo fantasies to yourself.

You are a good goi user

>n-no y-y-you!
Seriously, though. Did daddy dinkle your winkle when you were a little princess? Why all that anger, user?

Dagumi pls go

My Dad is essentially a toned down version of your Dad user, feels good

My father died when I was an infant and I had to learn everything from the internet and plain old try and fail.

>tfw looking forward to teaching my kids how to work on cars

butthurt toyota fangirl detected

Best kek

My dad's dad died when he was around 12, and his siblings were all girls. He never really opened up to anyone, and honestly didn't do too much father son things with me growing up. I hated comics and star wars and that's all he ever tried to introduce with me.
>fell out after I enlisted after high school
>fast forward 7 years later
>I'm into cars, motorcycles, guns and hunting
>the biggest things he was into before marriage was cars, motorcycles, guns and hunting
>he actually had some real motorcycle racing experience back in the late 70's early 80's
>our relationship is much better with him in his 50's and me in my 20's than it ever was when I was growing up
He doesn't ride anymore but it's still fun to shoot the shit with him about it.