Well Veeky Forums.. i just crashed my fucking car

well Veeky Forums.. i just crashed my fucking car

i was driving around on the old service roads in the mountains near town for fun. usin muh symmetrical AWD. i come up here sometimes to just drive

was going back into town and was driving too fast downhill and the loose gravel gave and i over corrected and drove it into a ravine.

tried winching it out but its almost vertical so it didn't work.

good samaritan gave me a ride back into town.

my car is in a ravine in the mountains 20 minutes outside of town right now. im so pissed

i know im a dumbass. im just venting.

its my first car and i love it. im going to call a tow tomorrow.

reaaaally hope it drives

anyway anyone else have any accident stories?

pic related is the car like ten minutes before crashing it

Wheres the pic of it in the ditch?

if thats the car just leave it in the fucking ditch

Not OP.
But shut the fuck up.

i was so pissed off and shaky that i totally forgot to take one. thats why i posted this pic. ill post a pic of it tomorrow if the thread is still up

the tow is gonna cost more than the car is worth in that pic, and thats before all the shit he probably broke seeing as its rusted to shit to begin with

And?
He still cant just leave it there.
Think things through you fucking child.

um no i don't want to buy a new car and if nothing broke on it today then there is nothing wrong with it. its been nothing but loyal and reliable since ive owned it. it may not be pretty and it might be really loub because of the hole in the exhaust but its mine and i love it. and if it still drives im going to continue to offroad with it and tear through the service roads (5 miles per hour slower that is)

also

its registered to my name and if i don't tow it it will still be towed and then it will also be impounded and cost even more so no you dipshit

sure he can, take the tags off, set it on fire, hope i causes a forest fire and kills 20 people. or maybe just fill the ravine with junk car parts FUCK YOU RAVINE

it doesnt matter if its impounded if you never come back for it, left plenty a shiboxes on the side of the road

just take the fucking registration and plates off

do what you want though its your worthless shitbox

You are so fucking stupid

First gen Legacys are great cars you nigger

Bro, it's a 30 year old subaru, they're a diamond dozen, get a new one, also the game

ravines are great car traps you hairless ape

i left 1 car on the side of the highway 6 years ago and i haven't seen a single repercussion from doing it.

Why can't you just fucking drive it? There is a road on the photo.

FUCK YOU RAVINE!

it can still be linked back to me without the plates and ill still have to pay for the tow.

annnnnd a shitbox is better than no shitbox. if i don't pull it out of the ditch then im going to have to BUY A NEW CAR

which is way more money

OR ill have to go back to riding my bike.

fuck that

>he's never been to a wrecker auction

yea and i agree, but his is a rusted out shitter, and now its most likely completely fucked from the ditch

loled

SHOW US PICTURES OF THE WRECK

if its nearly vertical in a ravine then stuff is definitely fucked up. Also the winch from the ravine to the truck is 100% going to fuck some shit up.

FUCK YOU RAVINE (tm) is the best case senario

Like i said. Stupid.
That doesnt mean there wont be repercussion.
The responsible adult thing to do is take care of your own property

its honestly probably not fucked. i wasnt going that fast when i went over and it barely went over. its resting on a soft mound of dirt and the engine was still running. only thing for sure broken is the mirror

stupid would have been spending 300 dollars on a tow for a fucking 90s aspire that literally siezed up on the interstate and threw a piston.

ur just mad af cause you dont know how 2 game the system

What? The fuk u are laughing at?

i will post pictures of it tomorrow when i go out there with the truck

its like you dont want to create a rusted metal playground for future generations of mountain children. itll make a nice house for sneks, doggos, or nice bears. be a friend to nature and leave the monument to your sins in its grave.

then thats not a goddamn ravine, when you say ravine i assume a big ass drop m8

just get a friend to pull it out with their pickup then

ur comment

wish i could upvote (^:

if he just bottomed out in a slight ditch then im going to be quite pissed

>300 on a tow
No.
>not being a adult with AAA or having insurance with free towing
Again you're a stupid child
>having aspire at all
>not maintaining it
Stupid stupid child.

Grow the fuck up. Have some responsibility. Be accountable.

its almost vertical i cant pull it out. i tried with a winch but i would need to be right over it

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT, NIGGER?
THERE IS A ROAD WHY NOT JUST DRIVE AWAY IF CAR IS FINE?

hurr durr lets maintain a 300$ shitbox that runs on 3 of 4 cylinders.

if its worthwhile i maintain it, which is why my truck has 300k on the odometer

haha

My point stands.
You're an irresponsible twat
Worthless human being

that's not a haiku

u need sum creme for dat butthurt m8

Hide behind petty insults
Pathetic piece of shit.

Not that I'm saying this won't work, but if a city felt like it there's nothing to stop them from getting your VIN and tracing it back to you through the registration and then charging you for however long they had to store it in their impound lot.

wait so how would you suggest pulling it out without a tow truck?

they'd more likely consider it abandoned and wrecked then proceed to scrap it.

>ugh why dont u just throw out that old piece of shit and get a new tesla lmao
cringe

I know. But if they felt like it, they could.

nah you just buy another 300$ shitbox m8

its a lot more fun fixing the unfixable

>he thinks an late 80s legacy has symmetrical AWD
>laughinggirl.png

row! row! fight the powwer!

but it does you retard. it was an optional package in first gen legacy

>Subaru didn't make symmetrical AWD vehicles until 2008
>first gen legacy
>??????????????????????

thats when they started calling it symmetrical. its the same system. theyve been putting variations of the "symmetrical" awd since the 70s

the symmetrical AWD sure did make a difference when he ALL WHEEL DROVE into a fucking ravine. let nature keep its meal

They still go after you for towing costs. This can prevent you from registering a car in the future, obtaining insurance or renewing your license.

t. tow cuck driver

i dig your car dude

sure thing m8

they try and recoup dem fees when they sell the car off.

t. someone who left a car 6 years ago and even got letters saying it would be auctioned if i never got it back.

i have registered numerous cars since then, renewed my license and have cheap full coverage insurance

OP seems in denial. His car is fucked. OP how much money do you have saved up to fix it?

Thanks man

I don't know if it is fucked. The engine was still running, the electrics still worked and the body didn't seem damaged other than the mirror.

I've got a decent savings but I was hoping not to dig in to it. I am getting $700 back on my taxes. I'm hoping that will cover the tow and repair but I'd it's doesn't I might have to get rid of it and get a new one

OP should post crash. Join the club with equinox

I'm going back up to assess damage today. I will post pictures then. Its pretty goofy looking.

Ass in the air

post pictures of the suspension and frame. i look forward to seeing how back you destroyed it.

I FUCKING CAME BACK FOR WRECK PICS
WHERE THE FUCK ARE THEY YOU GODAMN YID

waiting on a call from the tow truck
soon user soon

take your damn bike up there. the tow driver is going to think you just want to lure him into the woods for kisses.

That's why awd is a meme for normal people. It allows you to easily drive too fast in bad conditions.

It's not good for an engine to be oriented upside down, not sure about sideways.
Expect things to be fucky

>24, buy first car
>2001 maxima
>end up being a fag smoking weed all day every day and being depressed like a useless pussy over some girl
>just smoking all day, work a night job and i sleep like 4 hours a day for almost a year
>decide to go out for a drive around 7 pm and see if i can find some roads i havnt been on that are any fun to cheer myself up
>its been raining all week
>feel pretty good driving around like 45 on some back roads, its getting dark
>i notice theres like six inches of flood water over a bridge way too late at ~45 and slam the brakes
>hit the water and the car feels like a fucking boat, floats its way right off the road and ends up perched over a drainage area with the front anchored on a solid bank and the ass sitting on the bridge
>theres like four feet from the bottom of the car to the bottom of this drainage ditch thats filled with flowing water
>fucking like, fuck, i dont think ive ever had this particular kind of shock or i dont even know what the feeling is, fuck me wow idk im actually pretty glad i had the windows down because the door wasnt going to open for any reason ever
>so i get out of the car and get up onto the bridge, im just in a tshirt and pajama bottoms and flip flops
>check my phone, its having a stroke from being submerged (one half of the screen is already fucked and spreading across, not responding to any inputs
>theres this elderly couple that drive by the way i was coming and they let me use their phone to call 911. dude i dont know who to call what the fuck man

>cops get there and we just waste time like, "cant do anything until the water recedes, you're fucked kiddo" call in for work and fuck around with some crawfish that are just skittering around with the cops since like four showed up
>get a ride with some cop back to my shitty apartment and i realize i left my keys in the ignition
>ride a bike back to the car, its like four miles whatever, in the dark since its like 9:30 now
>lights are on and the trunk is popped, get into the car for the keys and lose my flip flops in the process
>ok, well at least i can freak out alone in my apartment for the rest of the night about how my dumbass just ruined my only real possession, great
>next day: need a flatbed and a wrecker to like pick the ass end of the car up and then, dude honestly i dont even remember exactly how they did it i was just standing around watching these guys like "fuck" while maybe ten cars just stopped along the road to watch the shit be pulled out
>have the car brought like 30 miles away to my parents and my dad is just like "... son" its also like $415
>other than the smell which lasted for maybe a month after i replaced the engine control relay, the ecm, i didnt order a immobilizer to match the new ecm so i had a locksmith just disable it or something, checked the plugs and they wernt flooded with water and the car starts right up
>replace the gear oil and i just leave the car at my parents while i drive one of dads trucks and my youngest brother drives the car for work since there isnt anything else.
i dont want to go over getting the rest of the power accessories and everything but the airbags to work again but i sold the car like three weeks ago for 600 bucks. fuck man i drove that car all over the usa to see a bunch of stuff for the first time. what a goddamn mistake

sucks man

OP confirmed as being raped to death by a skinwalker posing as a tow truck driver

>diamond dozen

ok im back. the tow truck guy finally called and they apparently only have flatbeds which would not make it up the mountain. im back to square one

i went up myself to leave a note on the car and to get some things out of it and close the door because its raining.

i have pictures of the crash now. i apologize they aren't as exciting as some of you were hoping.

good news is i didn't see anything wrong with the car. the body is not damaged and the engine started right up.

while i was up there i met a couple who had been looking at my car and they insisted on helping so im meeting them tomorrow afternoon when they have gotten a better car and try and tow it out while i put it in reverse

today i am hopeful

well shit user you got it worse than me.

>Oregon plate

Alright, where were you? I'm guessing in the Western Cascades or Coast Range.

rogue valley

Where the FUCK is the Nakazato shop?

what

someone make it happen, I don't have the PS/GIMP skills

I have a feeling you're gonna need to winch that out.

Nice looking road though. Would put my Subaru in the ditch next to yours while pretending I'm Colin McRae/10.

Here's the shoop for the people that wanted it.

nice licence plate fag

now calling the cops for dangerous and eratix driving leading to an accident. enjoy your high premiums cunt

I never crashed but I have a handfull of close calls in my Durango.

There's just something so fun about hooning in an SUV.

god bless you.

cool meme. and i tried with a hand winch but the angle was too great and snapped the tow strap.

and its a great road. im still gonna be tearing it up after i get it out

>and its a great road. im still gonna be tearing it up after i get it out
Maybe makes friends with a guy that has a off-roading truck so he can pull you out if things go tits up again.

More like Subar-opps amirite?

I'll just see myself out.

Are we posting our rekt subarus now?

Dude just call a friend with a jeep that has a tow strap or winch and he can pull you out, assuming it still drives.

Whoops

Go to the fucking harbor freight and buy a pair of FAT WINCHES and pull it the fuck out.

DYEL brah? Just put your Scooby mixtape on, pray for gains, and deadlift the front end while a cute girl guns it in reverse

and nothing of value was lost

classic

Hows Oregon OP?

>Scooby mixtape