Hello Veeky Forums

Hello Veeky Forums,

I never come to this board, but I hope you guys can give me some good information. I'm graduating college in about a month and looking into leasing a new car for when I get a full-time job because the one I have won't last when I have to drive 30 minutes back and forth to work.

The biggest things I'm looking for is
>1. It's a car, not a truck or anything
>2. 4 door
>3. Reliable
>4. Good on gas
>5. Doesn't look like complete shit

>pic related, what I drive now

What do you drive now?

01' eclipse. Overall, a little too small.

Keep it. It's costing you very little. Why are you trying to spend money you're not even making yet? Leasing is stupid unless you can write it off as a business expense on your taxes. You should be saving as much as possible right now.

I'm waiting until I actually get a job first, but I'm just looking into options for when I do get a job. I know my car won't last forever, so I'm looking at options.

I like the idea of leasing because I don't drive much when I don't have to and I know I'll want a new car after 2-3 years anyway.

You shouldn't make any major financial decisions until you've been at a company for a year. It will last forever if you put money into it. Why would you want a new car in 2-3 years? If you picked the right one first you wouldn't need to.

This won't be a spontaneous thing, but I'm not sure if something major will happen soon and I'll be stuck. I know myself, I'm not a big fan of routine and like something different after a while. After driving a car for a few years, I like something different to drive around in and to keep nice and shiny.

>leasing
Top cuck.

You ought to consider an Audi A3. You're clearly their target demographic.

corolla

Honda Fit. I like mine

Based on your writing style and comprehension, I'm pretty sure you're a Veeky Forumsfag; but that's besides the point. Anyway, listen to us and keep your spider shitbox. Buying (or leasing) new cars every couple years is for literal poorfags who live pay check to pay check simply because they HAVE to keep up with the jones

Im in the same situation as you. Is it true that getting a lease will be cheaper over 2 years than buying a decent newish (within 7 years) model car? my parents are really trying to push me toward leasing but it seems like a rip off

For the love of god, don't lease
Just save
Take it from us

Sell your piece of junk and buy a 4dr Corolla

>paying for someone else's car

You can get a decent commuter luxury sedan (maybe even a hybrid one depending on budget) used from a dealership, at the same monthly payment as leasing a nu-model shitcrate.

I leased a car, and it is seriously my biggest regret right now. I'm paying out the ass for a car that really isn't worth it.

Try to get a used car loan if monthly payments are what you want, or save up and buy something like a civic or a corolla outright

oh look it's a leasing thread. I'll just say it now

Legitimate reason why you lease: You are flying in, need to rent a car, and the timeframe is something like 4 months where you don't want to buy an entire one, need to rent one, but by-the-week rent fees will be too high

Why people actually lease: They're the worst kind of poorfaggot trying way too hard to appear to other poor people who don't give a shit that they are super rich

>Not casting your own block and forging a crankshaft, rods, pistons, &c.
>Ever

Another good reason is small business owners often lease a pickup and write it partially off as a business expense, and build a line of credit for their business as well.

Plus the brand new truck can help with advertising. YMMV though, but its working great for the guy down the street.

If you're doing that, chances are you're making bank or your company is footing the bill so renting is fine.

yeah, thats what im thinking too. Ill be making decent money at this new job, enough that i can pay a 7k car off in 6 months or so. Id rather be gaining equity in SOMETHING with my car payments (even if my car is only worth 3k after 4 years) rather than just pissing 250 a month away on a lease.