QTDDTOT

Can someone explain the difference between the like 8 different honda civic trims? I'm looking for a civic, and i keep seeing ek hatch, ex, lx, etc.
Not even just one generation of civics either it seems to span through the 90s. I suppose this is an unofficial Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

autos.com/car-buying/comparing-honda-civic-trim-models-a-buyers-guide
shop.belairhonda.com/2015/01/20/honda-civic-trim-options-lx-vs-se-vs-ex-vs-ex-l/
capecod.craigslist.org/cto/6061107269.html
kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/gatineau/1895-buick-riviera-for-sale/1245220893?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true
nlclassifieds.com/Automotive-Cars-Saturn-2005-Saturn-Ion-Redline-Marystown-Newfoundland-NLCId2064297
engineeringtoolbox.com/wire-square-mm-diameter-d_1874.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yesterday I hit a very deep pot hole with my left front tire. Drove the care home the rest of the way with no problems, except when I would go over bumpy roads I could hear a rattling noise seemingly coming from my left front wheel well. When I got home I checked the tire, which wasn't flat. The car handled and braked well all the way home too. I'm just trying to get an idea of what the rattling noise could be. Did I shake something loose in the light? Under the hood?

2001 Toyota Corolla btw, about 220k miles.

Check the clips that hold the plastic liner in

W-what do you mean user? Where are these clips?

I'm 6'6", am i too tall for the McMerc SLR?

Why do car washes put on the is bag over the rear wiper? And it's not even consistent. This one wash does it 80% of the time, while another that I've been to 20 times did it twice.

So that the spinny thing don't catch the wiper? Most rear wipers are single beam units anyway.

So why?

Fender wells I think he means. The plastic shit in your wheel wells is held in by clips.

>Can someone explain the difference between the like 8 different honda civic trims?

this is something you can literally google.

autos.com/car-buying/comparing-honda-civic-trim-models-a-buyers-guide

shop.belairhonda.com/2015/01/20/honda-civic-trim-options-lx-vs-se-vs-ex-vs-ex-l/

its so god damn simple.

How much is an sr swapped rear ended s13 worth?

Want to change the oil in my rear diff. Doesn't have a drain plug, can't find the proper gasket. Don't really feel like risking RTV.

Would it be reasonable to use one of those little oil pumps to get out as much as I can with it, then put in fresh gear oil?

Yes

Has anyone used go pros for car videos? Ive seen quite a few vids where they have GPs mounted on the sides of the cars, but all the sticky mounts ive found are one time use. They arent meant to be removed and restuck. I dont want to leave the mount stuck tk my car all the time. Are there any other options?

My clutch master cylinder needs replacement. is this a job one with moderate wrenching skills can do? the cost difference between bringing it into a shop and doing it myself is yuge.

It's a condom for your car so when the car wash fucks it, it won't get any STDs.

Depends on how much shit you have to take off to get to it.

It won't get all the metal shavings out and you won't be able to inspect the diff for internal damage.

I realize this. But will it work for now? It's got 75k miles on it. Just want to get some fresh oil in there.

Yes

How well does touch-up paint work? Hail chipped the fuck out of two cars' bumpers I had parked outside and that's a combined $500 for some chips if I bothered to take insurance claims out

There's a quick release adaptor where you can leave the base mount in the car but take the camera+housing with you easily, not sure if that is what you were after. Everyone i know uses $50 eken type cameras off aliexpress.com so you don't care about it as much as expensive gopros

what is a carburetor?

what does engine displacement do?

what is the point of blinker fluid? It sounds so ridiculous I thought it was just an Veeky Forums meme at first.

It hides the mark and keeps it from rusting but that's about it

This a questions that don't deserve their own thread, not shit post about something you can Google.

How is the Dodge Dart? There's a bunch of them in my area in my price range?

Get a duster instead

Kek

I'm interested in buying a 1985 Buick Riviera
>in b4 fwd
>in b4 140 hp v8
>in b4 GM btfo
The car I learnt to drive on was a 1980 Riviera and I loved it 8 track player and all. Bad idea to DD? Gas mileage doesn't bother me

Do it faggot

Honestly, just how bad can this be?
capecod.craigslist.org/cto/6061107269.html
I mean, it got up to that many miles in the first place... am I insane for even considering this? Would be great for Cape summer

2015 Mitsubishi Lancer with 15,000 miles for $11k or 2013 Mazda Mazda3 with 33,000 miles for $12k?

Are brojobs gay?

Post the one you're looking at

Do you have money or are able to fix things right?

Weird question, but: how easy or complicated is it to get a perfect replica of engine out of an aluminum block in a CNC machine? Are there blueprints you can get? If you have the original engine physically, is it possible to cast molds or something like that and work from there? Or maybe you bring it to an engineer and he can take precise, exact measures and build the replica from there?

Hiding cosmetic defects for my own autism and preventing further damage is all I really need it to do
I hate to be all >muh chrysler, but don't. If you want a 'sporty' econobox, a Mazda 3 is probably your best bet.

Woah I had no idea Mazda made the Mazda 3. Seriously though, easily that. Mitsubishi is beyond a trash brand and that generation Lancer especially is abhorrent

How much does it cost to buy a car?

I mean aside from the cost of the car itself, say for example sake that I put $500 down towards a car. What other costs and fees should I anticipate, and how much total am I looking at between the dealership and my driveway?

kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/gatineau/1895-buick-riviera-for-sale/1245220893?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Mazda3 it is.

Tax + various DMV licenses

Question: Are Certified Cars a meme?

So I got one of these shits in my 94' z28 Camaro that'll display the time and show the volume level but won't display any radio or cd info and won't play any sound... I've messed with the theftloc system and enabled/disabled it a few times with no luck, checked radio fuse and it's all good. What the hell can I do to fix this?

I live deep in the country. I drive on a lot of gravel roads. Most people here have lifted trucks but I do not like those. My current shitbox can't handle these roads. Are there any compact cars on the market that are built for these conditions? I'm imagining a rally car.

Have fixed things myself in the past but never on jags. Basically $10k budget, rest of funds could go into fixing

It's to prevent it from getting washed. If you want them to wash your rear wiper you need to pay for the ultra premium express wash.

Very. If you got the scratch to keep it fed and fixed, sure. Don't expect it to be rock solid though. Be prepped for shit to go wrong, and it better not be your dd

Forgot to mention, fellow massfag. I think it's finally springtime

Gonna be 70 next week user I'm pumped

Hey, you faggots think this is a good deal? Was going to buy it back in november when it was up for 5500$ so im thinking about pulling trigger.

im dumb nlclassifieds.com/Automotive-Cars-Saturn-2005-Saturn-Ion-Redline-Marystown-Newfoundland-NLCId2064297

I bought an 06 525xi with 93k miles on it. What is some good preventative shit I should go ahead and change to ensure that the maintenance goes smoothly going into my first year with it?

I've changed the oil, and the sensors are showing that the brake fluid and cabin air filters need to be changed, both being inexpensive DIY I'm already going to do this weekend.

I figure I might as well get some other work outta the way while I'm at it and want to know what my best options to focus on would be.

Anyone know the easiest way to total a car? I have a shitbox I need written off and I'm positive I won't be able to find anyone interested in it.

Like I know the obvious answer would be to push it into a ditch, but if I file the claim and they see that I had no hospital visit or injuries would that raise a red flag? What other way could I do this that would guarantee the result I'm looking for without hurting myself or getting arrested?

What are these spinny things for attaching linkages called?

Leave it out in a hailstorm

Subaru Outback? The sport is pretty nice

Im not even sure how it's attached, I'd like to take it off without ruining it if I can. Any idea how? If not I was gonna buy another, but Im not sure what they're called.

Spark plugs, air filter (not the cabin one), coolant, rub your hand all over the engine to check for oil/coolant leaks. Check when you need to replace belts/chains

I don't think I can rely on that. Thanks for the reply tho

I have a 94 300ZX with an aftermarket alarm on it. Up until today, it would always lock, when I arm the alarm, and when I start the car.

Now, when I try to lock it with the remote it locks and then unlocks immediately. I believe the system thinks the door is open, so it doesn't lock.

I've tried to finangle it earlier, and it worked for a second, then broke again.

Should I just scrap this aftermarket system?

You could set it on fire BUT you'd have to be smart about it. Don't just dump gas on it or they'd probably find out.

What kind of device does the system use to detect whether or not the door is open? Can you access it? Is it easy to replace?

That doesn't sound good. I don't want to do anything that would potentially hurt others

If you REALLY want to get away with it the only way is to crash it with you in it. Just find a nice tree and hit it going about 20-30 mph. Wear your seatbelt and brace for the impact but you shouldn't get too hurt. It doesn't have to be a fast impact because if the car is a shitbox then it doesn't need much damage for the insurance company to total it.

I bought a set of universal horns to replace my broken stock ones. Thought it was going to be a straight forward job but looks like it's a little more complicated than I expected.
Can anyone explain the instructions a little clearer for me, just so I don't goof anything up.

Talk to a buddy beforehand, and drive your car into a ditch the next town over in the dead of night. Make sure to uninstall the stereo and audio system, and dump it in another town beforehand. You could also take out the airbags or something, make sure to take out anything that may be of value and dump it in different areas.
Get your buddy to pick you up somewhere close by and discretely to avoid witnesses. If you don't have any friends, drive it far enough to make it seem like it's stolen, but close enough where you can easily get back without witnesses. Uber and taxis are out of the question, because those keep logs/cameras/etc. Bus might be okay if you pay cash, and make sure to avoid eye contact with anybody. You could also bring a bike, and bike back home. Best case scenario is have a friend pick you up.

Now this is the part where you have to make it believable.

When you get home, go to sleep. Wake up the next morning and go about your day normally as if you had your car. Eat breakfast, watch the news, get dressed, jack off, take your morning shit, whatever you do in the morning on a regular day. When you walk out the door ready for work or whatever, hey what do you know? Your car isn't there! Where could it have gone? You don't remember lending it out to anybody, you still have your main and spare key at home! You need to get to work but you can't! So you call your boss and tell him your car got stolen, and you can't get to work. Then you call insurance and claim your car was stolen! Buy your favorite shitbox on Craigslist at this point, so you have a car.

They'll find it in the town over the next day, and find missing audio equipment and whatever else you took out. It'll really look like it got stolen, especially with all the missing expensive equipment. Just hope they don't go searching for that stuff. You'll get your write-off because it's now salvaged, and you'll be good.

second pic.

that's what I'm not too sure about. I believe it uses a sensor on the door latch, and not the factory one that detects an open door because that is just a momentary switch.

When I try to manually push the driver lock, it feels jammed and doesn't want to move. The passenger side works fine, but like I said as soon as it moves to lock it unlocks.

Not 100% on how to wire the horns themselves as there's no marking for + or -
I'm assuming that I use the bolt from the top as the earth and connect that to a ground in my car. And that I run the positive from one horn to the next.
Just want to be sure about things so I don't wreck my car.

Oh man friends, I'm hoping. If spring popped from easter on I'd be ecstatic

>drive your car into a ditch the next town over

Is that something car thieves would do?

>uninstall the stereo and audio system, and dump it in another town beforehand

What do you mean by dump it? Like just toss it on the side of the road?

>You could also take out the airbags or something

Should I do this before or after I drive it into the ditch?

>make sure to avoid eye contact with anybody

What's the significance of doing this?

>Then you call insurance and claim your car was stolen

Shouldn't I call the police and file a report with them first?

What's a good car for surviving a missile strike? For example 50 tomahawks.

Sorry, I should've been much more specific.

If your car is in a ditch with expensive equipment missing, it will look like the thieves stole the expensive stuff and then took a joyride, fucked it up, and crashed it into a ditch. It'll look like a reckless joyride that went wrong.

Dump it like toss it into a dumpster behind a business, or you can bring it home with you and install it in your next car.

On second thought, it may not be a good idea to remove airbags. You want it to look like an accident. If anything, you should do it before hand.

>Shouldn't I call the police and file a report with them first?
Yeah, I forgot that part.

I say you should avoid eye contact in the event that police start questioning the people in that town. If you avoid eye contact and wear dark clothing and a hoodie, it'll prevent the chances of someone recognizing you and telling the police. This is just in the event the cops start questioning.

It will not be 100% foolproof, but this is the best way to avoid having your rates skyrocket and getting a writeoff.

This method will most likely make your rates go up.

Can you find an AV technician or a sound system installer in your area? They should be able to do it

Something might be bridging between the sensors which is causing it to behave that way. If you can find it and examine it that would be the first place to start

this might be handy
engineeringtoolbox.com/wire-square-mm-diameter-d_1874.html

the thicker wires after the relay suggests that the toggle switch deals with a lower current
purpose of the toggle switch may be to bypass between using your normal horn vs the after market ones

and is only used to trigger connection of a much higher current - in this case directly to the battery - so something like 14 volt
fuse thinks that the horns under normal operation should not be drawing more than 10 amp total

vague instructions
it does sort of look like they are shown to be wired in series with a common earth
the numbers 87 30 86 and 85 correspond to pins on the relay

given the line to the horn is only pin 87 and of the same spade type as the horns them self
it would seem that only one wire is used
with the negative terminal of the first horn being used as the positive for the second
do the horns have any voltage and amperage rating stamped on them ?

I know nothing about this kind of stuff btw

hm, that sounds good. When I took the door panel off it started working again so I called it a day but as soon as it went back on it happened again. I'll check it out when I have time.

live in small country town, only have a local mechanic one town over and he charges insane amounts for even the smallest of jobs.
I'm happy to do it myself, I was just hoping to get a bit of clarity on the instructions.

cheers user this is some detailed stuff.

There are quite a bit of moving parts to your idea and the plan overall is kind of sketchy, but I'll put it on my plan B for right now. Thanks

three of my family are electricians
and this mostly guess work just from looking at the pics you posted
I've not figured exact wiring by the horns given the vagueness of the wiring diagram
and I am starting to doubt if the horns earth though the metal bracket that holds them too the car

on second thought and a bit of goggling
a 10 amp fuse seems a little weak to handle series wiring
so it seems more likely they are run with the parallel in positive and the negative to ground

and this would be the safer thing to do
wiring in series makes things more complex

It may not be the aftermarket system causing the issue.

I know 90s nissans/infinitis have this thing where the doors would unlock and lock really fast randomly when one of the door locks or lock switch get dirty or someone spills a soda on it.

You'd have to look up what the culprit usually is on a 300zx, but I've fixed that issue on a lot of nissans by taking apart and cleaning the lock switch in the center console that locks all the doors.
Sometimes you gotta clean the driver door lock next to the handle as well.

the amperage rate of the wires in use for your system

I use to work at a car wash we didn't do this until somebody said our wash broke their rear wiper and tried to sue. So we did this as a detterent I guess

some detail on the relay seems to conflict with the instructions

Nothing at all.

Thinking of putting an aftermarket air filter into my econobox. I've read on other forums people have done it and seen positive results (better mpg, better low-end response, slight hp increase, etc), but that was on a specialty forum for that car.
Has anyone here done that (and snorkel removal) on their econobox and seen good results?

Unless there's something actually wrong with your filter, nothing is going to happen

How can I get this old plastic bumper looking good? Do I need to paint it? Also there's a small part bent out of shape, do I heatgun it?
What's the best way to aftermarket some fog lights in there?

Also, doggo.

Looking at a getting a 2012 Impreza.

Are the oil burning issues really as bad as people say they are?

I was in my first accident, lightly bumped the back of a guy and bent my license plate
One of the screws holding my plate in got pulled out, and I just duct taped it to keep it horizontal on the way home
How can I fix this at home? I don't want to spend money having a mechanic put a screw in

Unbend the plate buy a new screw at a hardware store? I don't see big issue here.

Ah, I see. That may be the case, as I've accidentally blasted Arizona all over the interior. I'll have to check it out this weekend. Thank you!

I am bored as fuck at home, my car was destroyed, and I need to get out these weekends. I've been peeping at rentals occasionally, but I hear lots of anecdotal stuff about rentals. I have about 400 dollars in my wallet and I want to just go have a decent time on the weekend. Is it possible to rent at the age of 18? I really need to get out. Someone please answer.

Fellow Cape fag! Tfw no convertible to pick up at tourists in.

Tfw I'll just throw them in the back of my van instead

wtf I love Veeky Forums now

Just want to ask what people think of this yellow 2009 Cobalt LS manual for $4,000. Looks very clean inside.

Could be my first manual car. Is $4k right? Just over 100k miles. From a real dealership. Just want to know what you think of it looks wise and if you know any problems this particular year and model could have.

Thanks.

Also would be financing it since young, but I like the car personally. Just want some Veeky Forums advice.

>financing a $4000 used car
shut up and buy a civic

This is the cheapest, latest car in my price range and also looks well kept. Other manuals under $5k are older and/or have over 150k miles. Also don't look as clean.

Know any niggers

so I've been considering the Corolla E100 for a first shitbox, but I recently learned about the Ford Escort, those are pretty cheap here (germany)

opinions on the Escort?