Boston traffic

>Boston traffic

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=382njADcWvE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Don't drive into the city during rush hour. Every city is like this. The amount of cars we decide to let into the city is largely dictated by available parking, and how many cars we can handle in the city itself. Letting more people drive in would result in less people taking the T, less people moving into the city, gridlock on all of Boston's tiny little streets, and parking rates shooting up. Traffic is kept bad somewhat on purpose to incentivize taking alternate forms of transportation to avoid this.

>tfw my work designs our shifts so that we're never stuck in rush hour (0600-1400, 1400-2200, 2200-0600)

>left lane exits

How are Americans this retarded?

It's only once in a while in major metropolitan areas. Most aren't like that.

>every large city in the world traffic

same.
It would take me an hour to get to work and back but thankfully my workday starts at 10 and ends at 6 so if I time it right I'll miss the rushhour before and the mystery rush hour that starts a bit later.

I literally get to work on the opposite side of the capital with full retard road design in 25 minutes vs an hour

Inb4 someone posts the pic of the two lane left fork to Cape Cod off some major freeway

It's inside a city. Same shit in Europe.

I have autism and also live in Boston so I have had the pleasure of closely analyzing the traffic situation here over the last decade and I have concluded that the primary cause of our traffic issues is simply due to poorly designed exits and on-ramps. That's it. Accidents aside, most of us are completely capable of traveling in a straight line at speed, even if there are a lot of us. The problems start when you put a mother fucking exit ramp right after an on-ramp. The problems start when you put a mother fucking stop light at the end of an exit ramp. The problems start when you don't privatize any construction work.

The highways are mostly fine. The toll booth removal helped quite a bit but it didn't solve the misplaced ramps.

At least your interstates are functioning

Yeah, that 128/93 cloverleaf exit directly after the on ramp is asinine. Even in normal, non rush hour traffic it backs up the rightmost lane for a 1/4 mile. Rush hour, forget it. Two lanes for over a mile gridlocked so traffic can zipper merge at 5 mph on the highway when they should be going 50+

That's not so much an exit as it is a highway splitting off into two highways. There are quite a few of those around Boston, like the 495/95 and 128/95 splits.

>same shit in Europe.

Where? Sure not pizzaland.

>be so blue collar you have to work in shifts

lol pleb

il PD sta finalmente portando l'Italia sullo stesso livello degli altri paesi europei per quello che riguarda le strade
ora addirittura l'autostrada del sole può dirsi conclusa
il PD è dalla parte degli automobilisti, della gente semplice, ricordatelo alle prossime elezioni

Traffic is bad on purpose because people deliberately go to places where traffic is bad. Simple calculs.

I would much rather have a place I want to go to rather than have traffic flow well to nowhere in particular.

Faremo delle prossime elezioni? Pensavo di poter andare avanti a governi tecnici per i prossimi 60 anni.

In Germany and Austria you have Autobahns splitting in several directions connecting to peripheral roads near cities.
>shilling
>appealing to le simple people
Gib Südtirol back, filthy pastafarian.

The problem is indeed the ramps because that's where capacity goes way down.

But more importantly capacity drops even harder in the places the ramps lead to, the general street network. The large highway's capacity is effectively capped at the capacity of a small street. That means a traffic jam every rush hour.

Large urban highways are a mistake. Small urban highways can work fine.

l'importante è salvare l'Italia dal populismo amico

>austrian pretends to have some dignity
a country that in the middle of the worst immigration crisis since ww2 elect literally a communist president deserves to be collectively gassed
never reply to me again, Conchita, go to prep Armin, don't make him wait

>this concentration of /pol/tardian autism
Is it a free day in middle school or something?

>/pol/tardian autism
k, see you in 30 years, cuck

he's right tho

no he's not, ignore him
it's not bad here, most of our immigrants are very secular muslims and they are integrating well
right wing parties are just fear morgering but Austrians are not stupid, Austria will never fall for the right wing trap, NEVER

>secular muslims
I see that all of the Germanosphere apart from East Germany is being dysfunctionally retarded again.

And this is why you don't argue with off topic shutters sage

>it's retarded /pol/ teenagers derail thread into shit episode
Stay on your fucking containment board, faggots.

ironically the Germanosphere apart East Germany is the most successful are of the world
while you jealous mediterraneans are drowing in debts :) lol

And what thread is that? What kinda fucking thread does greentexting "Boston traffic" make? What's the fucking value of it?

most successful area*

Scandinavia might disappear
but it's better to die as a white son of the Vikings rather that having a pathetic """life""" as lazy mediterranean
make me a pizza Mario, and hurry up, I need to go to work (because here we have jobs you know)

>East Germany
>mediterraneans
Literally having nothing clue what the fuck you mountain shitter are up to. All I know is that we have better birthrates, fewer shitskins, fewer violent crime, better childcare and elderly care, better living costs than the west. What are a few more bucks if you have to give up homogeneity and social quality for them? You sound like a fucking Americunt. Nothing matters to you shitheads except for the money, the money, the money.

Hey I like you nords but that's some we wuz vikangz shit

>he's unironically trying to defend the Yugoslavia-tier shithole he calls home
All that you have are my taxes through Länderfinanzausgleich, Kevin. Stop shitposting and go work the evening shift. Not going to feed your nigger ass forever.

>fewer shitskins

mfw this guy thinks mediterraneans are white. let me clue you in on something bud, you ARE the shit skins

daily reminder that Italy is the only non cucked country of western Europe
daily reminder that you will live long enough to not being able to recognize your precious white countries

>In Germany and Austria you have Autobahns splitting in several directions connecting to peripheral roads near cities.

Trucks that can only do 62km/h scattering across the freeway to get to their exits must be annoying as shit

Capefag here, gotta go to the office in Boston tmrw AM. See ya there OP, we'll have the most exciting ~5mph race of your life. I'll be in the silver GS350, probably texting

Is this the revolutionary
Moving
Africans
Rapidly
Through
Atlanta
I hear so much about from my GA friends?

>Italy is Western Europe
>Monaco is not

Fuck now I want to go to the aquarium

It's just a fork user just because it says exit means youre all of a sudden turning on to a suburban street. There would have to be 3 exits in like 3 feet of each other otherwise.

After last night I don't want to go to TD Garden anymore that's for sure

>Acura ZDX
Now that's a rare pepe.

>how are Americans this retarded?

You must've missed the big HOV sign next to the miles-long "left hand exit" that you're so worked up about

Fucking euros I swear

To be fair that's a pretty small sign m8. It's also well past the zebra markings on the road to the point where you probably wouldn't see it until you've missed the opportunity to merge off safely

>des moines traffic

feels comfy man

>rush hour
must be a choke point in the road network
makes me wonder why trains are not more in use

Boston actually has a pretty good commuter rail for the surrounding suburbs for people who'd prefer to avoid rush hour traffic.
With our schedules worked around it though it just doesn't make sense to use it when I can make the commute in 25 min vs 60 min on the train because of stops/walking.

Our subway system, on the other hand, is a treacherously outdated, unmaintained deathtrap.

That's not the first sign. There are HOV signs starting more than a mile before it starts. Then about another 1/4-1/2 mile of the lane splitting off with just paint markings before introducing a raised divider so you still have plenty of time to swerve across 3 lanes of traffic without using your blinker while flipping everyone off.

>So you still have plenty of time to swerve across 3 lanes of traffic without using your blinker while flipping everyone off

Kek

But this does kinda fuck with America's drastically increasing efforts to start enforcing "keep right" does it not? Lately I've seen too many people on social media complaining about cars and trucks especially not moving out of their way while the other person proceeds to merge/exit/turn left

Where else are you going to put a carpool lane?

...on the right side?

How would that work with off and on ramps?

If you really needed to have them I'd move it farther off to the side and put the ramps to the main road between the two. I never really liked the idea of carpool lanes and other weird freeway/expressway design choices that throw off "keep right" anyway since I've never seen them have a higher speed limit or anything and they feel like just an awkward extra lane. Triggers my autism I guess

It was a rhetorical question. It wouldn't work. Of course you have to have on and off ramps, it's a throughfare bringing people directly into and out of the heart of a city. The HOV Lane being on the left makes perfect sense, it's the quickest-moving lane and will be merging in and out of traffic at a higher rate of speed than everyone remaining on the road will be traveling. I don't mean to be a dick man, but cmon.

i think you have it backwards

>piddini

abloo abloo muh refugees muh europe muh statal workplaces

Wage cuck

>muh dental plan
>muh 401k match
>muh health savings account rollover

Not normal in the USA. only typically seen in urban areas when no other option is possible.

Canada on the other hand, seems to love them. It's one of those things they do to spite AMERICA because they are a bunch of urbane, soft handed, sJW fags like Le current year man (Fidel's son). Fucking QE highway (how cucked is candy to have a road named after a fucking old woman in a hereditary crown?) is covered in left lane exits so all of their smelly indian and Asian residents can get home to their densely packed little shitholes in the a,lagged suburbs of that godforsaken city.

I hope trump nukes Toronto

>social media
>people complaining

Bro, turn off the kikebook. It os designed to turn people into ineffectual whiners. If nothing else was around to complain about, you'd see posts whining that water was wet and other people making humblebrags about how much air they own. The average person probably triggers at least 8 individual incidents of social media whining per day without even being aware of it.

Driving in Boston almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.

I love it. Have you tried driving like an asshole? If not, that's your problem.

It truly is one of the most awful experiences on the planet. I live in Cambridge and 90% of the time the city traffic really isn't that bad. I avoid Boston at all costs but hopping on the Pike or Route 2 from Cambridge is easy as pie and those usually aren't too congested

>driving to got to work
>going to work
>work

>Houston Traffic

>tfw life in Boston too

Luckily I make a reverse commute on a non-major highway.

Still takes me 25 minutes to go 10 miles though.

Oh shit. I live near Central Square.

youtube.com/watch?v=382njADcWvE
>nothing to see here goy look how secular they are

Fuck I-45, fuck beltway 8, fuck 290 for not being completed yet (2018 for sure, lad), fuck 59

Forgot to add, fuck houston drivers

>Tfw Calgary
>Tfw no ringroad because chief listerine wants to spite the white man

>dood my city has lots of traffic at peak hours!
Fuck off special snowflake, every city has it

Hah, faggots. I live and work in downtown Boston. I don't even drive any more. You're sitting in traffic and miserable while I'm daydreaming about driving my car. My life fucking sucks. Pussies.

just WHO does this guy think he is?

traffic is bad because roads are too small. 4 lanes can't handle shit these days

>blue collar
>pleb

You're such a homo

psshh, try harder, kid

>Honolulu Traffic
Fuckin Sucks driving a black on black Cadillac with no A/C. I do have a moped I can just drive in the bike lane though. I need to get off this rock.