Who here in Veeky Forums gets to work on cars/trucks all day? What do you do...

Who here in Veeky Forums gets to work on cars/trucks all day? What do you do? What do you dread seeing pull up to the bay doors?
Pic related. Just pulled in.

I work at Jiffy Lube. I dread seeing any car pull up because I just KNOW it's gonna smell like fat people sweat, stale pizza, children, barf, bad perfume, overly strong air """fresheners""", cigarettes, weed, shit, or any combination of it all. I also know that there will be trash strewn all over the fucking car, and that I will be forced to sit in it for more than 30 seconds as I drive the car in. I dread any normie tier car, but occasionally get the interesting manual car so (not often because people with interesting cars usually work on them themselves).

WEW
please keep us updated

I used to work on euro cars at an indi shop up until this week. Came back from vacation monday to find the shop closed down. great way to find out you no longer have a job.

>he fell of the auto mechanic job meme

really? have a story to share?

They guy who owned the business was a friend. I had been working for him as his lead tech/shop foreman since 2011. Up until a few months ago the shop was doing great, 3 other techs in the shop besides myself and more work than we could handle. Back in December the business owner got back with his gold digging ex for the 16th time and things started to fall apart at the shop. Owner was absent quite a bit and started making customers pre pay for repairs. He would pocket the money to give to his ex instead of ordering parts for customers cars, which then lead to cars sitting for weeks at a time and some very angry customers. I had a sit down with him earlier in March and things seemed to get better. At the end of March I went on vacation for a week, during that time my paycheck was not direct deposited on Friday like it always was. I tried to contact my boss but couldn't reach him. I went to the shop this Monday morning and 90% of the cars and equipment were gone. I guess he shut it down last week while i was gone, dude still owes me over 2 grand as well.

derk derk der derb?

Fucking hell what a retard. Dude has a perfectly fine business and crashes it with no survivors for some slut. Hope he at least has the decency to pay you

I work at a Kwik Kar. Pretty much have a waking nightmare of endless HHRs and C-Maxs coming in.

Got to be some drugs in the mix on that deal.
Why are so many techs on the meths?

Your (hopefully former) friend cucked his business into the ground
SAD!

Honestly, I doubt he will. I've tried to track him down since he wont answer my calls but no luck so far. Two of the other techs were just as blindsided by the whole situation as I was, the third who is the owners brother is avoiding me as well.

I'm pretty sure he wasn't on meth, far too fat. Weed, maybe. I do know his ex has a habit of draining him of money then leaving him. Shes the type of girl who makes the guy pay for her and her friends to go shopping in the city and crap like that.

If you ever see your friend again, you should convince him to MGTOW his own way.
Women are horrible

It really is a good gig if you don't mind a little physical labor. There's really no meme about it. If you don't want to use your hands you can always be a parts guy/parts manager or service manager and make good money. I presume this meme arrow spouting ignorance is bait so I'll bite.

I work at a crappy tire as a tire installer/ apprentice.
Batteries, bulbs, tires, oil changes, filters, misc. securing heat shields, putting on wipers and license plates. Etc

Anything older than 2004, any Savana, Astro Van, or E series Van and the equivalent chevy 2500 and 3500's, most dodge caravans no matter the year, VW especially those with the 2.5 L engine. Chrysler Sebring and old 300's just because of their stupid batteries in the bumper, Subaru's because their dumbass others go 9000 km on conventional oil and the filters get stuck. Fucking Japanese with their tiny hands.

Plus side is I get to drive some nice cars because of Etest and R.I.V. inspections for importing vehicles from the USA like Aston's and weird things like trailers or mobile cranes.

I'm curious, what would one need to go through in order to get job working at a mechanic/performance shop? Are there any requirements like certification/school, etc..

There are certification tests, but lots of guys have none. I'm about halfway to my Master cert. Hopefully I'll have it by the end of the year. Still do basically any work that comes in the door. Some stuff I ship because I don't feel like being bothered with it, parasitic drains for instance. I'm the lead tech at my shop, so if I'm not working on it, it isn't getting fixed.

Go get a entry level job at a tire shop. If you have a basic craftsman set, you'll be fine. You''ll have time to get your own air gun, etc. over time. You'll mount tires and do oil changes all day for quite a while.

FWIW: it can be a tough job to move forward and upward in. More failures and oil-changers than actual mechanics.

Start as a lube tech pretty much anywhere. Often doesnt require previous experience and they'll train you. From there work your way up the ladder and certifications. You can skip some of this by going the education route, however most private auto tech schools are crap. Best bet is to do a community college program. Same education and experience but way less money.

Would vato zone be a good start?
>Education route
Yeah that's where I have a problem, I've looked into a trade school in my area but it's some inner city shithole filled with niggers and spics. The only other option I have is either getting a job at some of the local shops but they're all run by cuban immagrants (southfloridafag) that don't speak a lick of english or go to uti up in Orlando, in which I've heard sucks and is way too expensive

Not really, since it's retail and doesn't have anything to do with actually working on cars.

Haha I hear you man. What about snot stains on the steering wheel ?

I work at my dads muffler shop in Texas. He's been at it for over 40 years. That being said, I fuckin hate the fox body mustang, the mustang body after that they had til 04. And any lowered car that makes me have to bust out the lumber to get your car up on the lift. And lifted trucks. Gotta crawl under the rack just to get underneath. Anybody who comes in and says they want to make their v6 sound like a v8, or I have this v6 Camaro and I want it to sound like my buddies ford pickup.

GTFO

Ah fuck. On meth and fuckin shit up left and right.

"Any swingin dick that's been around dope can see you're on something.."