The median price that millionaires pay for their cars is a meager $31,367

The median price that millionaires pay for their cars is a meager $31,367.
The typical price paid by decamillionaires was $41,997
Luxury brand automakers are largely supported by the pseudo-affluent – those who spend quite a bit of money but have very little REAL WEALTH to show for it.

thomasjstanley.com/2012/01/drive-rich-or-be-rich/

My neighbors with $50k Audis must all be billionaires.
I had no idea I lived among such rich and sophisticated people :^)

That's the thing about depreciation, every day your car is worth less and less, until it is worthless.

you don't get rich spending a bunch of money on a hunk of shit piece of metal. Only sandniggers and insecure faggots do that

Most millionaires probably don't give a shit about cars so they gain no benefit from driving a luxury car or sports car. They probably have at least one hobby or interest that sucks up a proportionally large part of their income though, unless their only hobby is amassing a bunch of money.

If you don't have much money but you like cars you might spend a larger proportion of your income on cars. You're not necessarily stupid for doing so if you can still manage your finances. Rich people are just people, they can allocate their money however the hell makes them happy and so can anybody else.

I make over 100k/year and I spent 26k on my new car.

I plan on keeping it for at least 15 years.

Millionaire here, can confirm. I spend all my money on watches and a few cheapo Jap cars just for fun (supra, 300zx, rx-7, mx-5, r32, cappuccino, jimny etc...) but I couldn't give less of a shit about a ferrari or a lambo

thats fine, you don't actually like cars. you enjoy being a normie and living a boring life.

He could be a rock climber or a base jumper

So if I bought a new Miata I'm a normies who doesnt enjoys cars, but if I bought a z4 bmw for 50k I'm a real car enthusiast?

Get the fuck outta here

You have a cappuccino???

Thinking about importing one, any fredback? Thanks!

rich people drive volvos

the last thing I would want if I was a rich white person is for some porch monkey to know I'm rich

No he's lying you tard just like everyone else here

nobody buys cars anymore

When will the "life can't be exciting without a car obsession and countries can't be developed without a car obsession" meme on Veeky Forums end. You're free to like cars as much as you want, but for fuck's sake don't declare them an aspiration for the entire world. They're just one hobby of many and just one form of transportation of many.

No he is not, I am tue millionaires friend in real life and I can confirm he did import his cappuccino into the Untied States of Amereca.

My dad works for nintendo btw

volvo owner here

you're right

>That's the thing about depreciation, every day your car is worth less and less, until it is worthless.

That's why owning shitboxes is so much fun.

You have nothing to lose and still tons of fun.

exactly. rich people can afford to treat more and more expensive cars as shitboxes. if you are afraid of breaking your car, you can't afford it. shitboxes for life.

I make over 100k to, I spent 2.2k on my car. My mother has a few million to her name. Bought a CPO Lexus for 27k

>buy Geo Metro
>cheap off the bat
>tool around in it for 10,000 miles
>detail it it a bit
>sell for $300 more than you paid
Fun shit.

>stop liking what I do like

Rich people are smart. Smart enough to know that buying >$80,000 vehicles is fucking stupid. You're not going to see anyone doing that until you hit people that make millionaires look poor.

You don't get rich by spending tons of money on frivolities.

You usually don't get rich by working a day job, either.

You wanna know how you get rich? Be born into the right family and fucking hope people start to die.

When I make 100k in 2 years I'll only spend 10k on a mustang so I can build my wealth.

that doesn't seem like the right conclusion.
I think that millionaries just aren't into cars so only a few of the buy expensive cars or they can't afford an expensive car because they have significant bills to pay that eats up their pay.
So instead of buying a car, they have to pay for their house or run a business

This. Mark Zuckerburg drives a camry,
I went from a jetta to a civic si and now I get way more people coming up to me asking for money because it's a much flashier and expensive looking car since they don't know it's a premium econobox I got for $5k

My uncle net worth is at least 3 million and he drives a 2007 Lexus ES350 he bought since new. The car before that was a 1999 Nissan Maxima GLE.

He also maintains his cars religiously and never cheap out on maintenance.

Not everyone who makes millions is a big car person

I thought he drove a Golf?

Anyway OP some people give a shit about cars and some people don't. It's hard to take averages when you're talking about the megarich, because some people will be driving their old shitboxes and some people will have 50+ supercars in their giant garages, so you can't really do much with averages or medians

So all the young Chinese kids with M3s and M4s at the track are not actually rich?

I'm unemployed and spent like 1k merkels on mine, get on my level faggots

Those Chinese kids are mega rich. They're parents are business people who have sent them overseas to get an American degree. I go to Penn State main and you see international students in lambos and Audi r8s. Billions in China and only the few richest go to us schools.

That's funny, the Chinese kids at my school made no effort to learn the language they were being instructed in and simply cheated on every test like they probably did on their applications.

Actually, never mind, that sounds exactly like what rich cunts do anyway.

Naw that's wrong. Most people get cheaper the wealthier they get. They might have a fun toy for the weekends but they'd never waste their money on a fleet of deprecating pieces of metal like a retarded celebrity or rapper. They either drive something till it becomes unprofitable or lease something nice and write some of it off as a business expense. I know quite a few people in the 3-10mil range that like cars but none of them are willing to spend that money on something they use once a week.

It's true though. If I go to an area with big mansions, some have normie cars while some definitely do have expensive looking cars.

Just because you make millions doesn't mean you have to suddenly view cars as anything more then a means of transportation. Why spend an extra 80 grand on something I don't care about when I could put it towards hobbies I enjoy or invest it?

>they'd never waste their money on a fleet of deprecating pieces of metal like a retarded celebrity or rapper.
This. They realize cars are like women, expensive for the time you spend inside them.

I own a hellcat. I guess I'm rich and never knew about it.

Can confirm. A millionaire I know had two volvos. The other millionaire I know drove a Buick enclave.

>owns hellcat
>only 67 more monthly payments to go

hence why every youtuber faggot owns a wrapped lambo

>people who are good at saving and collecting money don't overspend on depreciating shitboxes
really made me think

You're on an automotive enthusiast's board. What, exactly, was the opinion of cars you were expecting to find here?

This.

There's a reason people usually only buy shit once they're retired.

If you spend it all now, yeah, you might get more thorough enjoyment out of it being a younger person, but you still have to work, spend time doing this and that, shit you have to do just to continue living.. Things that AREN'T enjoying your purchases.

This is wrong... it's like the financial advice blogs that tell you that you cannot buy a car worth more than 10k unless you are earning 200k a year...

Every wealthy person I know , whether they wageslave for 300k+ a year or have made millions and retired... high end mercedes bmw and audis, 100k land cruisers... and sports cars and bikes adding up to more than what the average person will earn in their life time. Many daily drive a normal cheap car, but always have the mercs and shit for their partner
Unless they are jewish in which case it's Irrelevant

>Most millionaires probably don't give a shit about cars so they gain no benefit from driving a luxury car or sports car. They probably have at least one hobby or interest that sucks up a proportionally large part of their income though, unless their only hobby is amassing a bunch of money.

I spent several years working in wealth management before going back to school and worked for lots of rich people across the country in that time. A lot of very rich people are exceedingly boring and have no care or hobbies other than their wealth. Their accountants and wealth managers run their lives, they fuss over every nickel and dime and have no interest in anything that isn't gaining them money. If you go to a place like Palm Beach or the rich parts of LA you will see some very rich people showing off (usually) or enjoying (sometimes) fancy cars, but most of them drive the same boring shit as middle managers and have no clue nor care about cars or fun to be had with them. In my experience, the rich people in the middle of the country are the ones most likely to have actual hobbies. Collecting things such as cars, airplanes, memorabilia, guns, cameras, etc. Coastal rich people are only concerned with things like cars as far as it can show others how wealthy they are; they have little appreciation for it from a an enthusiast or collector standpoint.

The most well rounded and happy rich people don't let wealth management and accounting run their lives, they lead a sensible lifestyle but some spend money on enjoyable things instead of obsessing over every dime and racing the next guy for who can die richest.

If you like cars (and you should if you're here) don't bother reading "financial advice blogs" about how much you should spend, just don't overextend yourself. Those things are written for people who live and breath the words "net worth"

sounds like they are all trying to keep up appearances for some reason

I know three multimillionaires. One of them drives a 10 year old sentra, another a mini, and the third buys 996 turbo tier exotics.

I think the bigger issue that wasn't brought up is that their are plenty of "millionaires" who aren't exactly rich but just accumulated savings over the years. Try retiring on a million in the US, that sounds horrible.

barrett jackson does not effect the mean ?
rich ppl are just boring I guess

Cars that are sold there are usually treated as investor items and collectibles. They aren't really being sold as "driving" cars

My uncles are both very wealthy; one is a professional poker player, and the other has been running his own business for three decades. The poker player drives an M3 I think and has a mansion with a pool on 2 acres. The one who has his own business DDs a Camry or his work Silverado and has a nice home, a separate acreage for business (with a home and warehouse on it), and another acreage with a mansion on it in the mountains. He also bought his ex-wife a house to keep her satiated so she would stay out of his life. And all of his 5 kids are going to different universities at the same time. They're both millionaires, but you wouldn't guess it just by looking at them. Usually they're wearing golf shirts or T-shirts with jeans and baseball caps.

>millionaire
>not driving around in this
Why cuck yourself?

>Try retiring on a million in the US, that sounds horrible.
A million in savings plus SSI and a pension isn't possible? wtf

Forgot pic

Retiring on a million sounds pretty comfy. Let's say you retire at 65 and live to be 90. That's an average of $40,000 a year, plus you don't have to worry about a mortage (hopefully). $40k a year is definitely livable and lets you do some fun things too.

annoying how everything is speculation and arbitrage now
more and more the only people that can afford things are not those who would enjoy or keep it

What business is your uncle in?

My grandfather was a VP of marketing for IBM during the 80s, made lodsemone during that time.

He always had BMWs, but they were leased, not bought outright. He'd usually trade them in for something new every so often, but never paid full price, until a couple years before he died when he finally decided to pull the plug on buying a pair.

There's a lot to say for that, I guess, mostly protected himself from those kinds of cars' terrible depreciation so he wasn't fucked over when he wanted something new in 3-5 years.

Landscaping and light construction. Started when he was in high school mowing lawns and then grew it steadily.

Ever met someone who's loaded? They usually are extremely frugal

Usually also the reason why they remain rich, as their lifestyle doesn't eat into their money.

If he owned a Hellcat, why would he make payments?

If you think cars are bad you'll have a heart attack when you look at real estate. Cars are just scratching the surface of the issue.

I see people here with a $500,000 mortgage, 3 financed cars, kids approaching college, and a stay at home wife and I know they make $150k a year max.

My dad is a businessman and is worth above 8 figures.
He thinks of cars as a mode of transportation and that only, and rather spend his money on 5-6 holidays a year with my family
He still drives his trusty 05' Camry and plans to keep it until it breaks down
He knows I love cars and bought me a 2012 Audi A5 sportback when I turned 21, I opted for the sportback even though I was in love with the coupe because he recommended practicality over looks
I absolutely love it

Most responsible wealthy people I know drive boring shitboxes

Most insecure people I know drive expensive cars

Cars are like the most normie thing ever.

When people think about car enthusiasts, the most normie people come to mind.

Pic related.

Nice passat

>this is what poorfags actually believe

Its just like how niggers spend way too much on rims and cell phones. Its a status symbol more than a good decision. And poor people seriously don't understand what "can afford" means.

Americans live WAAAY beyond their means.

Nobody with net worth

>Nobody with net worth

sounds about right to me desu

I wouldn't spend 100k on a car until I was worth around 10 million

>status symbol
>when people totally miss the point of what a status symbol is
>when people go straight to the symbol without achieving the status

>Nobody with net worth

Underrated.

I'm pretty poorfag myself right now but I know that even if I made a lot of money I would probably spend more than $20k on a car.

I meant to say

>no more than $20k***

Well, I just read the article and

>the richest people were the most likely to buy luxury brands [39% for people with household income above $250,000 vs. 8% for those people who earn less than $100,000 a year].

So this whole "nobody but wannabes buy nice cars" is not actually true and I bet it's not even accounting for the used car market which is where an overwhelming majority of people do their shopping. Why buy a car new when you can eat someone's depreciation and get it for tens of thousands less?

>as their lifestyle doesn't eat into their money
I spend all my money on food

>literally eating money

Whats the median price for everyone? This is probably a statistical artifact of a large number of cheap cars purchsed, and a long tail of expensive cars. I'll bet the mean price increases a whole lot for millionaires and decamillionaires.

This

Millionaires+ don't become millionaires because of their irrationality and inability to think logically.

Got a relative who's a multi-millionaire and he typically had high end Mercedes or luxury SUV's.

But that was probably the wife buying all of those. I recall most of his Benz's being gifts to him bought with his own money. They were usually S/SL 65 AMG's.

But yeah, if I ever struck it rich, I'd rather have two-three $30k cars/trucks over one >$90k car.

'Millionaire' now includes everyone who owns a house in most large cities because inflated property value, even if they only get $800 a month from social security.

I drive a rusty Geo Metro and can't get out the car without someone asking for cash.

i-i like my shitboxx g-guys

i-its not all i can afford.... i-i swear.....

I also have a 800$ shitbox, because it's all I can afford. Don't act like the reason you love your shitbox is'nt because its literally your only option. Doesn't mean you can't have fun, but I dont think any one of you would still be driving one if you made 100k a year.

The term millionaire also came from a time when gold backed your dollar. Anyone calling themselves that after 1970 ain't got shit.

Id probably keep my cars even if i was a millionaire. They arent 800$ shitboxes though, one was 4k and the other was 12k.

ITT poorfags reaffirming each other's delusions about rich people

2pbp

>Most people probably don't give a shit about cars
fixed

My dad for example was making about $150,000 a year (yeah i know not a millionaire) and bought a new honda accord EX sedan because he just didn't care about something fancy. As long as it was comfortable and reliable he was happy. He'd rather go wine tasting with friends and buy wine by the case or take a week and half long vacation in italy and take yearly trips to where ever rather than spend a bunch on a car.

par for the course for chinks

I love my shitbox so much and it's all i can afford. If I get rich its getting extensively modified.

t. not a millionaire

>driving yourself in a long wheelbase chauffeur car
Why are some people so utterly retarded?

Many used car dealers are very well off and drive whatever decent truck or SUV is on the lot until they sell it.

Mechanics etc don't get all dewy eyed and stupid because we know never to marry what you can pimp.

Underrated post

>average exec
>chauffeur car
Are you one of those African children I hear so much about?

You could daily a Phantom Coupe if you wanted, but you'll look like a tasteless pimp, flush money down the drain even quicker and get to experience parking an aircraft carrier.