They fucked it up

They fucked it up.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4cFOFgHjQT4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yeah it has only 205 hp the si lol, it may compete pretty well with the GTI and focus st

It also looks pretty bad. The GTI looks the best in black imo.

Yes they did.
>1.5L turbo
WTF were they thinking?
The L-series engine has no aftermarket support.

What they SHOULD'VE done is detune the Civic Type R's 2.0L Turbo to about 250 HP. The K-series already has aftermarket support and companies wouldn't bee so leery of supporting the engine.

Aftermarket support has always been a selling point for previous SI cars.

just a tune and its at 250 crank bud

>1.5L
>just crank it to 250
I don't think you realize what you're saying. The Chevy Cruze and Sonic scene had a hard time getting more than 200 HP from the 1.4L Turbo until aftermarket forged internals came about. I'm gonna say that the L15 Turbo is about at the limit of what its components can handle at the moment.

And im at least grateful that they gave it the larger turbo not from the base civic. these should be around 300whp/340ft.lbs with bolt ons and a tune

And it still will be. The Civic Type-R is expensive, there will be a lot of Si owners - 25k is the sweet that targets both mildly successful ricers and desperate kids that will get leases and loans they can't afford just to drive a sports cars.

You better believe there will be tunes and shit galore for this car.

can you not read a fucking graph. 22owhp is about 250 after drivetrain losses. this was a simple 93octane tune. this isnt a cheppy sonic i4

>You better believe there will be tunes and shit galore for this car.
I'll believe it when I see it. The Honda L-series has been around for well over a decade and aftermarket support is virtually nonexistent. A turbo version really isn't going to change that.

>this isnt a cheppy sonic i4
You're right. The Chevy will make more power.
youtube.com/watch?v=4cFOFgHjQT4

I like it

It still looks better than that CTR autistic abomination thats coming out.

true but that vag reliability

And problem for the Focus ST imo is the Fiesta ST is a smaller, sportier package for several grand less.

Does this mean it's going to be lighter than the EX-T? They don't say what it's lighter than.

It has an LSD, which makes it miles better than the "fuck your brakes" e-"lsd" that the STs have. I forgot if the GTI has a proper LSD but even then, I wouldn't touch the flimsy DSG at all.
Shitposting aside
>buying a post 2005 hot hatch

>performance improvement in comparison to the 2015 Civic Si

Good talk you guys.

the styling looks great, im loving it

but holy shit its humongous, its pretty much a full size sedan at this point

hmm

>They fucked it up.
That applies to every auto manufacturer that has shat out some excuse for a "vehicle" since the mid-2000's.

Anyone else sort of sad that they turbocharged it? To me Honda's thing has always been reliable NA 4-cylinder power.

The S2000 made 240HP from an NA 2.0, something like that in the Civic Si would have been cool. Maybe save the turbo for the Type-R.

High HP NA 4 cylinder cars are dead user.

I can't think of a NA 4 cylinder that makes more power than the 86 these days.

To Honda's credit, they really held out for as long as possible. And the S2000 engine was incredible, but you payed for it. $35k msrp starting in 2009 money, or just under $40k in 2017 money if you adjust for inflation.

Honda says they're targeting mid 20k for the SI, so probably just under the Touring in terms of pricing.

HP is disappointing, but the EX-T put a little over 200bhp on the dyno stock, so I imagine Honda is either underrating this again or reporting whp.