/twg/ Total War General

Lazy fucks won't make a new thread Edition.

>FAQs and General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN

>Warhammer introduction to MP Lords and Heroes
pastebin.com/hPkPujTB
To update: META IN FLUX BOYS, DON'T READ TOO MUCH INTO THIS DATED GUIDE. PLAY GELT NOW WHILE NOBODY KNOWS WHAT IS GOING ON.

>Steam Groups
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>ACTUAL Total War News
Bretonnia and the patch is out.
To get Bretonnia ONE(1) day early(literally right now), sign up to dashboard.totalwar.com

Isabella isn't available until tomorrow it seems.

We have battle map creating tools now. Only land battles and only for custom/custom mp games. Siege battles may be a possibility in the future but they're practically covering their ears and screeching at any mention of using modded maps to improve the campaign.
UPDATE: PEOPLE FIGURED OUT HOW TO DO IT ANYWAY AND OUT OF DAMAGE CONTROL CA WILL BE ADDING OFFICIAL SUPPORT FOR ADDING CUSTOM MAPS TO THE CAMPAIGN ALONGSIDE THE BRETONNIA UPDATE

Warhammer is $12: humblebundle.com/monthly
Not for much longer.

Mods -- twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications

NEW
Update Info -- forums.totalwar.com/discussion/191504/bretonnia-update-patch-notes

>Recent
DLC (good goy) -- store.steampowered.com/app/534331

Suggested Mod Pack (You can pick and choose from the list, Suggested by user):
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=817040576

Previous Thread:

>Gobbo Archers

First for THE LADY WILLS IT

Zombie Pirates when

Sigmarines FUCKING WHEN

You lost too many men, happens all the time.

The peasant economy is really starting to hold me back
Should I have focused on getting that one tech that increases the max per farm? Confederating seemed more important at first

Ten turns in and I've slaughtered the beastmen and made the elves my bitch. Has the Lady blessed me or are bad things going to happen soon?

>The Fay manlet

is there a mod that has your confederates keep their original flag rather than taking yours?

I like Bretonnia's heraldry

>Want to play Brets.
>Months of Dwarf play has ruined my cavalry micro.
>Can't even use firing lines to compensate since Brets don't have AP missile units other than the trebuchet.
Wish me luck lads, I'm going to start running stacks with 15 units of cav in them until I can micro again.

About to start my bretonnia campaign since I can't sleep due to being worried over a surgery i'm going through in the morning. What are some starting tips for Louen?

>got code for early bretonnia 9 hours ago
>it is now 2 am
>have not played the game at all and have instead dedicated myself to shitposting

What is the lore behind all the fucking skulls in the mountains?

Magic does weird shit to the environment.

Rock the boat!

I didn't mean to reply to anyone with this

Never, die AoS fag.

>it's late
>you choose not to sleep
>being tired causes bad effects in your body and the surgery is botched and you die

F

Man I tried for like 2 hours and I just can't sleep. I at least wanna dick around as the Brets before I go under the knife don't scare me.

What are you having done, user?

Someone explain aspiring champions to me. Are they regular chaos warriors who are trying to become chosen and are in between or are they even above chosen and are the elite of the elite?

Literally just bought WH:TW through humble-bundle. Am I still in time for CHIVALRY AND HONOUR FOR THE LADY?

Champions are above chosen, like the hero units you get, and leaders of warbands. So they're guys aspiring to be champions.

Pilonidal cyst removal. It's been causing an immense amount of pain for the last month.

>making a Marienburg sandwich

> Play Bretonnia
> Have no economy
> Can't recruit more peasants because lol peasant economy
> Can't recruit more Knights because your settlement has no infrastructure and you have to choose between money making buildings or stables
> Raze Orc settlement to the ground
> Marienburg runs around with 30 non-garrison units, literally can't recruit more than 17 units in my stack and have to peace out
> Research confederation technologies with my neighboring Bretonnians
> have +200 relations with both of them after the techs but they refuse to confederate
> Try and fight skeleton Bretonnians to get more Chivalry I don't know what the fuck I'm doing
> The Red Duke also has a 30 unit stack despite not even owning a whole province
> Crushes my army of starting knights and the max peasants I was allowed with the Damsel attached

Tbf I guess I'm shit at Total Warhammer, but this doesn't seem like a lot of fun.

Thats like asking 'Gandalf when', entirely separate and unrelated fantasy universe. TWW is never going to have anything AoS based because it isnt AoS.

Sounds routine

Comes out tomorrow friend, enjoy fighting for ze lady

That is super gross user.

Would Zacharias teaming up with Mannfred make more sense than Kemmler doing the same?

Well that's why they're removing it user.

Routine, but surgeries always make me anxious.

Now all I want are bretonnia tips.

>tfw you will never be the Fay Enchantress's foot servant, gently worshipping them all day.

Is...Is it meant to hurt this much?

Alberic of Bordeleaux here, taking QUESTions ;)

It's already 28th, 8 AM here in yurop so I was worried. Thanks for the info.

Rejoice! For a Knight of Bretonnia provides your shield.

Where's your trident?

Post feet

Post timestamps

>Brettonia
>Pulled into war vs human faction
>Cowards refuse to field their armies, just garrison their cities
>Attack and sack - lose chivalry, lord can get massive chivalry penalty
>Attak and raze - lose tons of chivalry
>Try to bait and ambush - lose chivalry
I'm probably missing something here but this concept seems like it would work better if the AI wasn't so cautious

>I am a pleb please save me guide
>1. Remove all peanut mobs/spear mobs and replace with swords
>2. Place your dumbslut sorc in your army
>3. Turn 1, recruit until you are 17 stack, turn 2 attack orcs and win, turn 3 retreat and hide in base
>4. Rush empire/dwarf friendship tech for all the friendships and confederations
>5. Build a clay pot in main settlement day 1
>6. Get trade with everyone, check every turn
>7. Sit on your ass
>8. No, seriously, sit on your fucking ass
>9. Keep rushing as many friendships as you can, help them with wars, get more trade, help them with more wars, more trade, more wars, take every single diplomatic deal you can
>10. Confederate for territory
>11. Peace out with anyone you can; either i. they kill your 'allies' after you peace out so you can take it back as your own later or ii. its one less faggot to worry about as you confederate

Brets have an easy as fuck campaign, you can literally sit in your base and build an empire without leaving it.

Oh i wonder what it is?
A temple of myrmidia that grants ranks to my paladins perhaps?

B-But user I've seen everyone posting how sitting in your base just has your character get terrible traits that get you negative chivalry.

Just occupy and then leave it to be retaken or fall on its own? Either way, no chivalry loss.

oh wow it's nothing?

SIT
ON
YOUR
ASS

Only leave once you get dragged into wars by your allies and help them in those fights. Your main job is just waiting for your tech to finish so you can confederate half the map.

Can't make the Myrmidia temple?

Yes

>Just occupy and then leave it to be retaken or fall on its own?
The only options against this Marienburg settlement are sack or raze...

Just got warhammer off the humble monthly

Is there any way to make the game not look like somebody's smeared shit all over everything? I can't really tell if that's just post processing or the textures are also dark as shit.

There's a building that gets rid of shit traits I believe.

>create faction with special mechanics
>forget to have a "leave defeated city alone" option to complement special mechanics

Bravo CA

Alright, well I'm going to scrap my campaign and try that tomorrow. I also saw that people were leaving the orc settlement alone so they could farm the orc rebels that spawn for chivalry and levels. That sounds like a pretty good idea.

Thanks for the spoon feeding. I'll try and see how chivalry is all.

It's a human settlement, you HAVE to be able to occupy it.

Play at a resolution that is a lot higher than your native and downscale.

It makes the game look awesome.

Post a screenshot so we can see what's happening if you want any fucking help from us

nope

I guess because the southern realms technically count as Empire?

Might do just that.
Nothing out of the ordinary, the game looks as it appears in any screenshot and whatever, I just think that looks awful, personally. Colour balance is far too desaturated, primarily.

I took Gorssel just fine on my campaign
Maybe you're bugged or something

game has a brown filter. Gemfx can help a lot by removing that and adjusting texture brightness. Unfortunately, it's hard to find settings that look good under all conditions.

Oh, oh I ambushed them too

And I lost 2 chivalry because of that.

Fuck. Can't really do anything without losing chivalry

Yeah it's probably a bug.

Looks like a bug

tfw missing heraldry

well fuck me in my chivalrous arse

Bugs?

In *MY* Creative Assembly game?

Sodomy offends the Lady, her punishment is upon you.

Yeah, downscaling real sharpens things up, AA is fucking useless.

>using horses when you can use boxes

>we improved AI recruiting logic
>moussilon has 11 skeletons, 22 skeletons with spears and 2 zambies

Computer illiterate. Can you explain how i go about doing this? Does it take more system resources?

>Does it take more system resources?

YOU REQUIRE ADDITIONAL PYLONS

cheers m8
>Does it take more system resources?
Yes, a lot more. It's running the game at a higher resolution.

Play on fullscreen, put the resolution higher than what your native resolution is.

It's VERY graphics card intensive but it can't hurt to see what you can get away with. Not so much CPU intensive but you can get bottlenecked by the CPU regardless because of how CPU intensive everything else is.

Cavalry adds more tactical options.

Enjoy your boring game.

So what's your ideal Undead stack look like?

I personally like rolling out with four of these guys

Why is Chaos so fun?

I know the standard way with Pack File Manager is to rename the table to something different, then add new rows or modified rows to that table. However, what if I want to completely remove a row from a table? The only way I can think of it working is to just have the table name be _data__core still, which isn't good for compatibility with other mods...

Because you didn't pick Sigvald as your starter

/twg/, redpill me on the Lore of Heavens

Sigvald is a lot of fun IMO. If you want to win though Archaon is by far the best choice. The reduced upkeep on chaos warriors and the extra campaign movement is extremely powerful for the early game.

REVENGE INCARNATE

>Get attacked
>Enemy starts on a fuck-huge hill and I start in a marsh
>"Well I'm not assaulting that, they can come to me"
>They just sit on their hill
>Check the timer
>See I have to actively win the battle before the timer runs out or else I lose
>On defense

What fucking retard thought that making you lose by time-out on defense was a good idea. Shouldn't the point of defense is to either repulse the enemy or hold out long enough? Naturally it doesn't work that way for you on attack

CLIMB THE MOUNTAIN

Whats the difference between the bret factions lore wise?

You can't, you fucked up.

You probably did an intercept you didn't have to do.

KILL EVERYTHING WITHOUT A BEARD

G O B L I N S

>34gig update required
>Not enough disk space despite having plenty of room (game wants me to download the whole thing again)

Hello darkness my old friend

Time to shave some Dwarfs I guess

Does DX12 mode do positive things yet?

AHHH I CAN'T GET THE BRET DLC TO WORK

I tried the reddit guide too but no dice.

Guess I'll have to wait it out like the peasant I am

>Start Bretonnia campaign
>Some orc event okay whatever
>wait for orc doomstack to fuck off and then I wreck their house
>Next turn Marienburg comes at Louen with 2 stacks and decides to fuck my ass

Well I guess I outplayed myself.

Jesus christ fuck wood elves. I am really bad at playing Brettonia, I'm way more used to infantry armies. As it is, I have my screen of infantry melt in seconds, my knights get bogged down in milliseconds at the flanks and get shot to death by arrows, and Durthu striding straight for my lord to plant roots in blue blood ass. Fucking elves are still aggressive shits killing Carcassone before I can confederate them, and I let my dumb ass answer their call to war.

>G O B L I N S

The actual download is only like 2gb

So basically, as Bretonnia you just let the greenskin order penalty ride out for 20 turns, power level, build up chivalry, and afk until you can use your tech to take the rest of Bretonnia?

Also Loeun obvious lord choice? Other two seem mediocre at best.

Question about Unlimited Video Memory in Warhammer. in previous games with it i could actually tell a difference (at the price of increased system load and waaay fewer fps) when it was on. for example chainmail looked like chainmail instead of a muddy shirt.

Does it have as dramatic affect in warhammer? I dont really see a difference with it on or off other than lower performance.