/hg/ 本田

Honda General
>senpai notice edition

Toyota Sister Thread
Honda Chassis Codes
superstreetonline.com/how-to/chassis-suspension/1312-honda-chassis-code-checklist/

Zee maps
zeemaps.com/map?group=2347137

Bump the thread if you see this at page 10.

Vids:

>Buying a salvaged car
youtube.com/watch?v=q69yklelNgs

>Scotty Kilmer
youtube.com/watch?v=n3gkF458wlw

>NISSAN BTFO
youtube.com/watch?v=wneewPxMj5o
youtube.com/watch?v=eoyJM-lv7Kw

>Civic Burnout
youtube.com/watch?v=XHbK0Gb77y4
youtube.com/watch?v=6v_rp2iQFYg

>Keyed car
youtube.com/watch?v=Mz9fLoRVkjU

>tfw stupid drivers
ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEKB7pi1mbc

>Shingu's Civic
youtu.be/PGRuvKEWwVU

>Hondas from ni/hg/as
youtube.com/watch?v=U-EQJA8Ahac
youtu.be/FC7NS_Hzh8U
youtube.com/watch?v=zQNT64lgCB4
youtube.com/watch?v=STmIZJF2TMU

>Thread Music
youtube.com/watch?v=lHAsMoi9ku4
youtube.com/watch?v=o9WcWOdnrZ8
youtube.com/watch?v=MCk1JQeIzxQ

>Based Hondas
youtube.com/watch?v=8UzJN4Z-_yQ

>How not to jack up your car
youtube.com/watch?v=_VMktceKvQI
youtube.com/watch?v=73BZQ2IZVB4

>...
youtube.com/watch?v=5-uE5l714m0

Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/6075803474.html
neworleans.craigslist.org/cto/6077202713.html
neworleans.craigslist.org/ctd/6076667355.html
orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/6047467743.html
neworleans.craigslist.org/cto/6067004144.html
olxDOTph/item/car-honda-civic-2009-r18-turbo-350hp-car-show-winner-rush-swap-nego-ID7U4cF.html?h=8c273e4bcc
youtube.com/watch?v=lQGEDHDTTDg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>How do I join the collage?
See pic related

BIRD.

CURSE.

>tfw your Honda can be wrecked and you have no control over it.

ive actually considered making a deployable plow like in HW35

PLS NO

Thats fucking terrifying

thats a funny looking bird
what kind of special talent does this friend have?

This inegra model kit is coming along nicely.
Also ive got my highest mpg in a while today at 32mpg.

That's an adorable little B.

>32mpg.
well im considerably jealous 20s here

I need gas though bad. Its like 2.30$ to 3$ a gal around right now.

gas never seems to go down
i remember my dad complaining about gas 10 years ago and boy id kill for those prices to stay

Got the front windows tinted yesterday and another good wash today. I love the tint I hate driving without it

I'm going to look at a 2007 pilot with 130k miles, anything I should look for on these? Anything that tends to go wrong with them at those miles?

Looks pretty good. I need to get mine done at some point. That plus my AC should keep me comfy this summer.

Mine aren't stock tint. Original owner made tint even more green than stock. I wisk it were black.

Shiet I hope I get more than 25

I need to get mine tinted desu

Trans during shifting. See if they have a service record and they got the differential fluid and teams fluid taken care of.

I need to change dif fluid.
How do i check it?

It's the same as the trans fluid for civics. Just unscrew the fill bolt and put your finger in there. It should be reddish in color

Do these tend to shift hard normally? I've mostly driven Mercedes until now and you can't even feel the shift compared to the few civics I've driven recently which shift a bit harder. No idea how the pilot is supposed to feel when shifting

It should shifts noticeably but smooth and it shouldn't jerk or feel like it's shifting too fast when you step on the gas for it to down shift and up shift.

Is there a good successor to the Acura TSX?

Just get an EX 4 banger Accord these days, same luxury and shit.

The TSX was split into ILX and TLX with the TL fusing with it to form the latter. It was basically an Accord though.

I was really considering the new Accord V6 but my biggest problem is that the manual is only available with the coupes. I drive both my parents around a lot and don't really feel comfortable making one of them crawl into the back seats of a coupe with their arthritis.

Damn, maybe you should go 9th gen Si as a little compact sport sedan. yeah it's a little tight back there because Civic, but it does have 4 doors and the 2.4L engine in that little ass car is gonna kick ass.

TL SHAWD manual

>Tfw want to get a 9th Si for late night Uber driving

That'd be pretty fun.

i wonder how much uber drivers make. my car is probably to old to do it anyways tho

I think the oldest they take is 2006 or something. My old coworker does both Lyft and Uber and he says he does pretty good.

>tfw the old ass CM5 can do uber
I'm still not letting their nasty asses on my cloth seats.

also give it a taste, it should have the flavour of cream of mushroom. If not, it should be drained and filled.

How much is tint nowadays? im looking at getting my civic and my fucus both tinted out

houston is 2008 REEE

it was 30 a window at the shop i went to. thank babby jeebus i only needed 2 windows

senpai got me some car washing stuff for my bday not too long ago, and I finally got around to trying it out.

i spy with my little eye

flaking black plastic trim

Looks good.

looks great, i love washing my car myself

>flaking black plastic trim
Why did Honda even bother installing silver chrome then cover it with shitty plastic and chips and looks awful, I might make a day to peel it all off for that LX trim look.

>and chips
that chips*

lifehack
make give your honda the higher trim chrome by removing the plastic cover little did anyone know that if you ordered the higher trim cars, the dealership simply uninstalled these plastic covers

Mine had the same issue. I peeled it all off and hit it with black paint. Hatch models had zero chrome unlike the sedan.

It's on my long list of "to do" things.
Yeah it was pretty fun. I'm still in the process of putting wax on it, I've got like half the car done lel. It's a lot of work.
>tfw working after work

>tfw getting on the interstate with the bad bearing

Oh god it sounds like death. Just two more shifts left to do. I'll have the new shit on Monday hopefully.

Plastidip actually works even better for this.

You also retain the rubber feel

I might paint it again at some point so I'll try that next. I didn't do enough coats so it peels a bit. I need to work on a lot of my black bits like the wiper arms and the rocker panels. Might go ahead and do the ducktail spoiler in black too since the "carbon fiber" is fucked on the top from all the sunlight. It's perfect on the bottom, though.

Fuck it, do the badges too for muh black and red theme.

My advice with plastidip is that you should do 1 layer much thicker than what you would do with spray paint. Then, walk away and let it dry completely. It should be perfect

It's really easy if you don't overthink it and let it level itself

Looks good but the paint shows its age

>Salvage title EP3 for $2900
Post craigslist finds that aren't bad.

orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/6075803474.html

Check out the mudflap in my crash picture. I did them in plastidip, looks fuckin mint

>yfw

>salvaged
>not bad
Pick one

Yeah I heard that a lot of layers will make it easier to peel off later on. I see a lot of fags that dip their wheels and they're always peeling. Like that S2000 guy that's always parked near me.

Can't even tell that's dipped. Pretty nice.

This was nice until I saw those stickers. kek

neworleans.craigslist.org/cto/6077202713.html

A salvage title ain't bad since the damage only needs to be 70% of the value, hell the car I drive could be totaled if you had it appraised to fix the fenders, headlights, rear bumper and left quarter but it drives perfect.

Lol he stickerbombed that shit.

>he
TRIGGERED
Did you just assumed their gender?!

>equal sign sticker
>Paint is coming off because it's so neglected
Shit, could be a girl.

I think this dealer had an NSX a long time ago for like $21k. It had some obvious body repair though.

Perfect example of how bad the sun fucks with paint in my area.

neworleans.craigslist.org/ctd/6076667355.html

I'd be all over a salvage/rebuilt car for the right price and after a full inspection. Especially if I only want it as a daily and have no intentions on selling later on.

>that obvious replacement trunk lid
Kinda pricey for a beat up CM5, you can get a clean title higher trim for not much more.

orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/6047467743.html

how do you guys feel about the new si being a steaming pile of horse shit

Meh it's 205 hp, a tork bump and smaller size w/ turbo, nothing I didn't expect for an Si of the new bodystyle.

That's pretty low for my area unfortunately. That's why I dove in head first on my hatch when I saw it for $1800 and got it down to $1300. I knew I would never ever get another chance at a similar car that actually runs and drives.

That's pretty good, 25 dollars more than my rent and you got a whole car.

Yep though I've put a lot into it, probably more than I should have. I feel it's been worth it, though. EGs are like gold to the Puerto Ricans around here.

>2005 EG coupe
>those fucking vatozone vents

wat

neworleans.craigslist.org/cto/6067004144.html

Cars like this are why I bought mine as soon as I saw it.

Naughty naughty young pajeet
driving wrong on one way street

I'd rather have faded paint than rust AND faded paint

I don't like how it's looking too wild. If I ever get one I'd swap the bumpers for the non Si ones

>spray everywhere
>slush ice/rain pouring down
>fuck it im going 150kph
this is what happens when its late and you havent eaten since 10 hours ago

>centennial college
What are you studying?

Yeah rust isn't a thing here. Any cars with actual rust are usually from the north. My Jetta was from Connecticut so it had some rusty bits like the starter motor and other shit, plus the mad clearcoat peeling. The undercarriage of my hatch is completely rust free, just some brown surface rust where the paint is gone on the four fenders.

That's a nice looking building.

electrical engineering tech
when i finish i get a piece of paper that lets me become an apprentice...
instead of you know, actually applying to be an apprentice

olxDOTph/item/car-honda-civic-2009-r18-turbo-350hp-car-show-winner-rush-swap-nego-ID7U4cF.html?h=8c273e4bcc

16,600 dollars

That's pretty badass. Never heard of that kind of work put into the R series.

aw you guys are so cute together

>350hp on a sohc
Wew.

>this fast in a D16

Is this some kind of automotive shitposting?

youtube.com/watch?v=lQGEDHDTTDg

>he goes through the whole rev range in 2 seconds on all his gears
Nice.

I bet it's super expensive to make a D like that. It doesn't even look like a D anymore. kek

Should i plasidip mine. Its pretty bad.
Thats some fucking bad clear failure.
Coupe looks fine to me.

>Veeky Forums complaining about our rust
Ill admit im curious if i should turbo my car at a small 2-3psi i want my 130 ish hp to be around 140-160hp. Can turbos even go that low on psi?

>when you park croocked and arent sure if you scrapped the guy next to you.
My sides always had damage there though. Hope i don't get keyed for no raisen

Don't play, hoe.

how do i make the dip stay in place for a transmission? it rattles.
also Veeky Forums cup polls are up for those of you who care.

dipstick? not sure what youre asking m8

yes the dipstick for transmission fluid. it wont stay in.

Hmm probably it's just old . Does it have an o ring? Should be easy to fix or nigger rig a fix

I bought a Jazz. Got a check engine light when I left, had the dealership take a look. They reset the error and told me it was related to a gasket or throttle body and the check engine light might return.

It has returned but the car drives fine, save for a terrible noise when the engine is cold. Is this a common issue and/or quick fizz on the Jazz?

I'm having a garage look the car over next week.

>won't open
What did I miss

U jelly bro?

I started paining its on day 3 of the black drying. Its been cold n wet out so its taking forever. I kinda like the tan. Not sure if im going to keep it or make it gold too

show pics and Ill tell ya

>the only driver that has been employed longer than me just rear ended somebody

Welp. Guess I'm number one now.

Noice.

They better not ask me to take his day shifts. Day shift a shit. That's why he's always pissed off every time I see him. Kek

Is it making a grinding noise on startup . i work in honda warranties sometimes and its a common issue its a gear. Think its called vtec actuator or someshit looks like a crank gear