Okay

Okay.

I live in Ontario Canada. Never graduated highschool, got like $30-40k saved up, no real skills, no car, live with my parents.

HOW CAN I GET RICH OR AT LEAST FINANCIALLY INDEPENDENT IN THE NEXT 5 - 10 YEARS?

How can I best maximize the system to benefit myself?

I am under the impression that ill have a difficult time with OSAP loans/grants as a result of having these assets already.

I know there's a few Ontario anons lurking/posting here so I'm looking for some input without "Suck 10m dicks for $1each".

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/personalfinance/wiki/commontopics
ryerson.ca/tedrogersschool/bm/students/current/direct-entry/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>job
>where is that 40k? tfsa/rrsp?
usually osap loans/grants are based off of your parents income i think

Quit job, trying to get into sales on the advice of some Veeky Forumsanons.

>>where is that 40k? tfsa/rrsp?
TFSA and chequing account. So obviously easily verifiable by the government...

>usually osap loans/grants are based off of your parents income i think
As far as I know it also takes your assets into account. (In their eyes) someone with a bunch of money isn't in much financial need.

But my parents also make a lot of money too, which I find kind of bullshit because it's not like they help me particularly much besides living with them...

Yeah thats where osap fucks people, when parents make bank but dont help w school.

just drop the 40k into a broad range etf, with low cost mer.

reddit.com/r/personalfinance/wiki/commontopics

read this
>blah blah plebbit
has a good basis of information

>just drop the 40k into a broad range etf, with low cost mer.

That's what I'm doing, dawg.

I know all the personal finance stuff, I've read it all. I just need to know what my best steps are to make most use of my parents/Ontario government to get myself rich.

ahhhhh, that i would not know.
work smart i guess :^)

get a job

To get any level of financial independence (living with your parents does not count as "independent") with that amount of capital and in that timeframe, you're going to need to make very aggressive, risky moves that are just as likely to destroy your savings as they are to turn a profit.

If you're here asking this question you won't make it

You need an actual skill where you can prove you're valuable to an employer is what it comes down to. At this point you offer them shit so can't expect shit.

I suggest figuring out a couple directions you want to go into and point those and then we can give you feedback.

Your question provides no back story other and it's just like every post a NEET makes on this board asking for advice.

buy bitcoins

>Your question provides no back story other and it's just like every post a NEET makes on this board asking for advice.

There isn't much of a backstory. That's pretty much all there is to it, so in that sense I'm a "clean slate" as I haven't put much effort or time into anything.

Point out some ideas that you have heavily considered, do you have any drive to build your own company? Would you want to work online? Would you consider 4 years of university for comp sci?

OSAP is pretty generous but I never was accepted due to my mom being a cardiologist so you're lucky, got a good scholarship so was thankful. I have heard of people being able to pay their tuition outright and then investing their OSAP.

How dedicated are you?

30-40k ain't shit. Like other user said if you try to turn that small pocket change into anything meaningful through risky high yield investing then you're more likely to lose all of it than make gains.

Just fucking go to school and learn a useful skill. You obviously have no good ideas for starting a business or else you wouldn't be here asking. Going to school and becoming a high earning wagecuck is realistically your only hope.

How can you formulate a plan when you haven't even considered what you want to do? What makes you different than anyone else? I could suggest shit but it's too broad. You need to cross off what you won't do first.

Not sure user, guess all I'm saying is that I'm a clean slate without very many (read: any) skills, have some money and I want to go Big.

Money without ideas and skills is useless.

I know, and that's why I'm trying to decide what to do now.

Whether a degree would actually be worth it or not. It is like 4 years of opportunity cost lost, but on the otherhand if I get a nice co-op position and a valuable degree that's a lot of future earnings.

Yeah you just told me shit all. I'm out.

There isn't much to say. Pls don't go

Try your luck at real-estate investing

Do it in STEM if you're smart and have good work ethic. Failing out would be disastrous though.

What do you want me to say? You have to find your path. That's not up for me to decide? All I can do as an outsider on comment if your decision makes sense and is logical in proportion to the goals you would like to achieve.

I don't think I'm smart enough for STEM.

I just need some ideas and help finding a path. How can I gauge what would be the right path for me over other options?

>I don't think I'm smart enough for STEM.

Then you're definitely not smart enough to choose a risky investment or probably start a business. Go for a reliable career that isn't too difficult to learn like a trade or something.

I just think it might be too late to really make use of STEM.

Maybe something more applied like say Accounting would be a better option for me.

meth

How can I make money smoking meth?

>But my parents also make a lot of money too, which I find kind of bullshit because it's not like they help me particularly much besides living with them...
entitled faggot

Not being entitled at all... I just think it's kind of unfair for me to not get the same government grants as another person due to household income, EVEN when that income isn't helping me whatsoever.

take that up with your parents. it's not the responsibility of the state to support you when your family is perfectly capable of doing so.

But yet it's the responsibility of the state to do so for degenerates?

I don't see the sense in punishing good behaviour. Maybe if my parents worked shitty deadend jobs, didn't contribute anything to society (both through working and paying taxes), and spend their money on Apple products then I'd deserve it more, right?

Makes no sense. Those people who get this shit pay little to no taxes, and yet get the biggest share.

Real fair. And sure helping people out is good but making up arbitrary rules is ridiculous.

life is unfair, government is incompetent, bureaucracy sucks. That's just how it is m8. There is no need to be upset. Just suck it up and keep moving forward.

not giving you welfare isn't a punishment, and the fact that you tried to frame it that way further highlights your entitled attitude

it's not a matter of "deserving" anything (another really entitled word, by the way)

the rules aren't arbitrary, and you don't get to label them as such because your parents "only" put a roof over your head

if you want to be a leech go right ahead and see where that gets you. if not, stop fucking whining about how you don't get everything handed to you on a silver platter and go fucking work like your parents had to.

Maybe you should go back and graduate highschool, you fucking moron

>financially independent
you aren't going to be financially independent for at least 30 years user

please graduate high school

You sound like either a government employee trying to justify the most inane things about this country or just one of those benefiting from these retarded policies.

Regardless... I just don't understand this cuckold country. We suck the dicks of Refugees, elect people to cabinet because "it's 2016" and "Muhammed and Abdul best represent our diverse country:)", AND NOW WE EVEN GIVE FREE TUITION AND SOON *FREE MONEY* (basic income) to poors.

Why on earth?

It makes no sense. I need to pay the ever increasing costs of tuition in this retarded country - partly so I'd imagine due to having to rebuild bathrooms for transgenders and accommodating more degrees in basket weaving... and THEY GET IT FOR FREE while I have to pay.

It's just plain ridiculous, I can see why we have such a massive braindrain in Canada and everyone is leaving either to the US or somewhere else. It's a joke. Don't even get me started on the Godawful healthcare system and terrible hydroelectricity costs.

The best person to be in this country is a Muslim, transgender, gay, black-identifying, Native aborigines Woman immigrant from a war-town country. Canada is no country for White men.

>You sound like either a government employee trying to justify the most inane things about this country or just one of those benefiting from these retarded policies.
no, i sound like an adult who's fucking sick of hearing kids whine and blame others for their own failures

who's to blame for you dropping out of high school and having zero skills? someone else, right? definitely not you.

>THEY GET IT FOR FREE while I have to pay
poor baby, having to pay for something that will dramatically improve your lifetime earning potential

you're really fucking pathetic, you know that?

That's not the point, I'm not blaming any of my failures on others. I'm blaming this retarded system on the people who made it this way.

Go suck some Syrian refugees off, faggot.

I'm not paying for this shit. I'm going to "forget" to put down one of my parents income and put the others significantly below the threshold.

Two can play at this game, fuck this stupid cuck country

>HOW CAN I GET RICH OR AT LEAST FINANCIALLY INDEPENDENT IN THE NEXT 5 - 10 YEARS?
Become chinese and take advantage of that sweet chinese slave labor overseas.

have fun getting raped by one of those syrians when they cross-reference your welfare claim with your parents taxes and put you in jail for fraud, faggot

>its a "it's everyone else's fault but mine that i'm a failure" post
>immediate turn towards politics

hmmm

That's when I bail out and flee the country :)

Canada is a shithole, I know enough about the justice system being a tremendous failure that getting out of sticky situations is a cinch.

Literal Criminal niggers from Scarborough get slaps on the wrist for armed robbery.

Fuck this shitty country

you've shown your true colors here, dropout

not willing to work to get yours, you'll commit fraud and rip off those tax payers that you were so concerned for just a few posts ago

just admit that you're entitled

This country makes no sense

It's a retarded shithole. Career criminals get 50th chances repeatedly, Syrians get free things and hardworking people get cucked and foot the bill.

If you can't beat them, join them.

Yeah in an ideal world things would be different but it's not so fuck them

t. guy who isn't smart enough to graduate high school

Oh don't worry little normie.

>doesn't graduate hs
>doesn't have any skills
>wants to be rich

Should have learned shit in your spare time. Would laugh if we went to the same highschool.

It's a marathon, not a race.

All that matters is that ill be at the finish line by any means necessary, while the dumb Wagies are still working away for their boss and bragging about "Muh university degree" - which, mind you, over half the Canadian adult population has.

Every single business mind in the world says that if you don't have anything going on to get a job because chances are you're going to end up there.

It may be a marathon but it means shit all when you're not even running. Go get some career counselling. This shit isn't for you.

>I see niggers getting gold chains and shit by being niggers
>Guess I'll be a nigger too
... you're a disgrace to Canada

A job is spiritual suicide. It's basically settling for mediocrity. The point at which you settle for a job is the point at which you say "I have no further expectations of myself".

It's just sad, it's disgraceful, it's pitiful. Quite frankly it's disgusting.

Well why not?

Being a cuck isn't rewarded.

Metaphorically slurping cum out of your wife's widened Snatch doesn't grant you karma points or rewards in the afterlife or whatever.

The only mortal Sin is failure in this world, and everything that achieves success is just and moral. I'm going to get rich, and I'm going to do everything for it.

Exactly why I started a business. I knew how to do shit and started selling it to people who needed it done.

You on the other hand don't know how to do shit and thus are doomed to wagecuckery.

>I'm going to get rich, and I'm going to do everything for it.
except learn some skills or get a job
>no skills, no work ethic, and an overblown ego

Gary Vaynerchuk was making 3k a week when he was twelve selling fucking baseball cards and his family started out poor as fuck.

I started my business when I was 17.

I'm not trying to be a dick but you most likely don't have the personality or the mindset for this shit. Save yourself a lot of grief and get a desk job or some shit.

So ill learn how to do "shit".

If not, I'm sure I could figure out a way to do something less than legal for money. Might even be the better option.

>A job is spiritual suicide.

>I'm going to magically shit out a working business and it will make me rich even though I've never worked for one or even been near enough to observe one operating

That's how it hapoens.

The greatest inventors of our time were absolute failures, they just never gave up.

Thomas Edison was an imbecile who was laughed at by everyone, he failed at everything he ever tried. Dropped out of highschool very early on.

You faggots are trying to demoralize me to bring me down to your level because I'm going to make it.

If you're Thomas Edison or Jay Z or Michael Jordan then by all means don't get a job and learn how a business works.

I assume you're a no-talent bitch though. Otherwise we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Thomas Edison was very much in the same position as me.

All his life he just failed over and over, everyone laughed at him and thought he was stupid.

He must've had the same thoughts as me, contemplating whether to get a "office cuck job" like everyone wanted him to, or keep trying different things until something clicked.

I am the 21st century Thomas Edison.

the issue is that you haven't even started and it's really late in the fucking game. Even drug dealers started in their early teens.

The kind of shit you were doing in highschool sets precedent for what you're going to be doing the rest of you life. If you smoked pot, drank, or did other stupid shit and fucked up the development of your brain like a fucking moron, tough shit kiddo you'll probably never take any decisive action in your life.

I fucked around with other shit like reading books, creating content, building shit, and learning finance to the extent that my grades were suffering. Still graduated highschool because as worthless and stupid getting a degree is, the only thing dumber would be not leaving the option open.

Do the briggs myers test and see what you get.

edison didn't have the internet. You do. If he had access to the same amount of resources you do he'd have been a fuckload more successful earlier on.

>Thomas Edison failed at employment
>Thomas Edison was a financial success
>I fail at employment
>I must be a financial success too!
yeah buddy, you and every homeless person

Well.better late than never.

Time to get crackin' as they say.

take the briggs myers test. and let us know what you got.

I'm doing it now on my phone

inb4 intj+autism

INTP-t

We are exact opposites on the spectrum. Better get that resume ready bud.

Guess ill have to be the outlier.

Ontario College Student Advisor Reporting for Duty:

I have a method for getting a degree by taking college business courses and exchanging them for University business courses (provided that you get a B grade in those college level courses).

What this would look like in practice:

you take 21-24 college courses for around 350$ each: total cost 8400$ (this can be done in 4 semesters)

You would also need to complete 6 Grade 12 University level courses, which can be completed online within 7 weeks for 50$ each. (ILC.org)

You then transfer to a Toronto university for a Bachelor of Commerce program. You get transfer credit for those specific courses you took in college if you got a B in those courses, for a maximum of 21 courses in credit.

you then need to complete another 21 university courses for around 950 dollars each (or 650 if you do them part time): total cost 13650 - 20000

Total cost for doing all this is: $22450-$28850
Total Time: 8-9 semesters (2.6 - 4 years)

This sounds fruitful.

However, when I last looked into i was under the impression that college credits have tremendous difficulty getting valued at all by Universities in Canada? (In contrast to the system in place in the US where it's often more beneficial to actually do 2 years of community college before a 4-year school)

Very well may do this then but I've gotta read up more on it

You are correct, the vast majority of transfer credit scenarios are shit. but there are some very specific ones that can be very fruitful.

you can do more research on this with a website called ontransfer.ca

However, you won't find what I'm specifically advertising, because what I'm advertising isn't very well publicized, and not promoted at all.

The typical business "pathway" that is promoted involves doing a 3 year college business administration diploma (30 courses minimum), then doing 21 university credits afterwords. its not a bad deal, but can take longer then necessary if you are a high achiever.

that pic is funny. was it written by a ginormous faggot? I think it was

No chance buddy. You are living the life of 99% people on Earth. Books and movies been telling you lies all these year, making you think there's gold at the other end of the rainbow. And if you think you are special, believe me, you are not. No one cares about you or your story because most of them are busy with an average life and thinking they are special and better than others, like you do. Life sucks then you die, deal with it.

>realize you're no better than anyone else
>feel superior for the realization

>However, you won't find what I'm specifically advertising, because what I'm advertising isn't very well publicized, and not promoted at all.

Eh... Should I call them to clarify? I can't really make big decisions like that just on the word of an anonymous poster on Veeky Forums.

just buy a shit ton of shares dude

>should i call them to clarify?

oh buddy, you have no idea...

>I can't really make big decisions like that just on the word of an anonymous poster on Veeky Forums.

...I totally get your perspective, but understand mine. You just insulted me.

I'll tell you what, here's a starting point for you, good luck: ryerson.ca/tedrogersschool/bm/students/current/direct-entry/

>You just insulted me.
well shit, that was easy.

if that's all it takes you're not going to last a day here.

>You just insulted me.

I don't see how when I have no idea who you are.

Wouldn't it be quite silly if I just went "Okay time to make an important life decision based on what an anonymous Veeky Forums poster said" without any verification?

absolutely, but unfortunately, I know what I'm talking about. so you see it's a paradox of sorts. i have the keys, yet you imply otherwise. so why should i divulge more. ironic really.

true familia

lol, this retard is still posting

>point out that the realization that user is no better than anyone else but that fact still makes user feel superior
>feel superior for that realization
>END LOOP GO TO START